Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2021, 10:19   #781
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Biggest rival for the VAG twins will be MG Astor IMHO, especially if they deliver on the rumoured 5-star safety rating. Safety will be one of the primary reasons to consider a VAG over the Koreans and the MG will most likely deliver it with a ton of features included too - like ADAS and a lower sticker price. (Hopefully) No need to compromise features and value for better safety.

And if it drives anywhere close to the MQB experience - then its truly game over.
Recently sold my Etios Liva TRD Sportivo after its 9 year service. Looking to book the MG Astor 1.3 Turbo AT / VW Taigun 1.5 AT.

A little late in reading up Taigun review thread but now that the MG Astor is out what is your view on the above statement with regards to drive quality?
Old 24th October 2021, 08:34   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
Recently sold my Etios Liva TRD Sportivo after its 9 year service. Looking to book the MG Astor 1.3 Turbo AT / VW Taigun 1.5 AT.

A little late in reading up Taigun review thread but now that the MG Astor is out what is your view on the above statement with regards to drive quality?
Hey I've been in the same bucket and have been doing multiple test drives of Astor/Kushaq/Taigun Turbo ATs.

My take:
The 1.0 of SAVW is a very enthusiastic engine. The engine gearbox combo is well sorted and picks speed quickly.

I will be trying the Taigun 1.5 later today and will report.

The Astor has a perceptible 2 second lag when pushed, but once it gets past that however it builds speed very very rapidly.

On the ride front, I felt the Astor was definitely the cushier one. The Kushaq is not bad either. I did send it over bad unpaved roads and it came out with minimal rumble. Was better than a Seltos is my perception.

However I would choose the Astor if comfort is my priority. Being an enthusiastic driver however, I am now confused.
immortalmechano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 10:48   #783

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

First post on this forum and need some tips.

I booked the 1.5 GT+ Taigun Carbon Steel Grey during the prebooking window (10th Aug) and was expecting delivery in first week of October. Didnt get it in the first week and the dealer (Mody Mumbai North) was very vague in explaining the delay (allocation issues, etc.) so raised a complaint with VW. I now have an official mail from the dealer that says they'll get the car in their yard on 30th Oct.

Couple of questions -

a. Has anyone faced this issue where car booked in Aug is not delivered yet?

b. I still have doubts on the transparency level of this dealer viz. allocation. Any other steps i should take to ensure quick delivery?

Thanks!

PS: the dealer is still very non-responsive on other issues like insurance quote. Feel kinda stuck now!
shridhar11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 11:12   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar11 View Post

b. I still have doubts on the transparency level of this dealer viz. allocation. Any other steps i should take to ensure quick delivery?

Thanks!

PS: the dealer is still very non-responsive on other issues like insurance quote. Feel kinda stuck now!
Thanks for posting this will clarify with the sales executive beforehand since was about to schedule a test drive for 1.5GT+ and a TRoc, something weird going with VW Mumbai dealers.

Unlike MG dealer which I visited last week. The VW dealership Mumbai West at Andheri was a total let down. There was hardly anyone to attend. And the person eventually who was assigned didnt seem to care and felt as if they have given up Taigun clocking any respectable numbers.

To make matters worse did not offer a test drive, instead scheduled one and did not show up for the same the next day inspite of collecting all the details fixing up a time and agreeing to send brochure and price list on my number.

No follow up whatsoever. There seems to be some disconnect between VW top management and dealerships. Maybe Mr Zac Hollis can manage both their PR handles.

If test drive is a struggle , I can only imagine the overall experience.
mave547 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 11:59   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar11 View Post

Couple of questions -

a. Has anyone faced this issue where car booked in Aug is not delivered yet?

Thanks!

a. I think carbon steel is in great demand as per my dealer too so maybe they gave it to someone else who must have used some influence or made up front payment.

b. Call or write to VW, I have seen when the company gets involved dealers are more receptive.
Old 24th October 2021, 12:01   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
Hey I've been in the same bucket and have been doing multiple test drives of Astor/Kushaq/Taigun Turbo ATs.

My take:
The 1.0 of SAVW is a very enthusiastic engine. The engine gearbox combo is well sorted and picks speed quickly.

I will be trying the Taigun 1.5 later today and will report.

The Astor has a perceptible 2 second lag when pushed, but once it gets past that however it builds speed very very rapidly.

On the ride front, I felt the Astor was definitely the cushier one. The Kushaq is not bad either. I did send it over bad unpaved roads and it came out with minimal rumble. Was better than a Seltos is my perception.

However I would choose the Astor if comfort is my priority. Being an enthusiastic driver however, I am now confused.
As you are an enthusiastic driver. The 1.5 Taigun will definitely win your heart. It is a no brainer if just driving, ride & handling is your preference.
Old 24th October 2021, 15:31   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post

b. Call or write to VW, I have seen when the company gets involved dealers are more receptive.
In Bangalore too there is some lack of transparency in the allocations and last minute "no shows". And the reasons dished out are not entirely credible.

Could you please share the VW contact to reach out to?

Thank you.
Old 24th October 2021, 16:03   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
In Bangalore too there is some lack of transparency in the allocations and last minute "no shows". And the reasons dished out are not entirely credible.

Thank you.

I had called VW customer care at 18001020909 and explained the situation. By next day the corporate team of dealership reached out and after some haggle, agreed to officially confirm delivery date over email. Lets see if they stick to their word!
shridhar11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:07   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post

Thank you.
It is VW customer care, twitter handle or this page https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/site/contactus/
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:19   #790
BHPian

Guys, Done with 1300 KMS so far its been fun rides and experimenting with Machine's capabilities.

Looks like the ACT is fast adjusting to my driving mode.
I can see the eco sign more often than before even at lower gears
D3 - usually around 35kmph

D4 - around 46-50 KMPH

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20211024_231210.jpg

D5 - around 55-62 KMPH

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20211024_230459.jpg

Key to achieve eco mode is gentle and consistent foot on the accelerator, no hard pressure.

Easy way to sustain it is to engage cruise control when the eco mode is engaged. Cruise ensures Eco mode stays on longer.

I have observed that usually Ecomode gets activated at a particular speed but continues to engage for a lower threshold (like in the above picture, it stayed engaged even at 53 kmph). Mode is deactivated immediately when the gear changes..it is seemless and one hardly noticea any difference in power or drive.

My first servicing is due, car already has a scratch from my narrow mumbai parking bay, thinking of going for a PPF. So far enjoying my ownership experience

Last edited by vinitbarve : 25th October 2021 at 13:22.
vinitbarve is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 14:15   #791

How are the wait times for Taigun now (GT plus DSG to be specific)?

I have booked (kind of pre-booked) MG Astor but dealer is not providing any update on the booking/delivery date so I am looking for alternate options.
Old 26th October 2021, 14:57   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneeth999 View Post
How are the wait times for Taigun now (GT plus DSG to be specific)?

I have booked (kind of pre-booked) MG Astor but dealer is not providing any update on the booking/delivery date so I am looking for alternate options.
2 months and mainly depends on color. Few colors you may get within a month.
Try PPS Motors Hitech/Jubilee Hills.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 15:56   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post

Kushaq or Taigun 1.5 would be a better choice as enthusiastic driver.
Old 26th October 2021, 17:01   #794
Senior - BHPian

Any views for manual only considerations between compass 1.4 sport manual and Taigun GT manual. The price difference is less than 3 lakhs on road for almost same features between the two, but almost a full segment ahead with great build.
Old 26th October 2021, 20:20   #795
BHPian

On a recent visit to Mumbai saw one Curcuma Yellow on the Pune highway in the night. Tail lamps looked smashing and stood out among all the vehicles. Driver doesn't seem to be in the mood of adhering to run-in period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Kushaq or Taigun 1.5 would be a better choice as enthusiastic driver.
Drive wise both are near identical. VW seems to be a little stiffer setup than kushaq. Would result in marginally better handling. But this one also depends greatly on driver skill set too.

Your taste, understated looks vs flashy looks, and which interior combination do you prefer. Also factor in comfort factor with either of these brand's services. Once the stock for updated Kushaq is available, would prefer an additional feature set like ventilated driver seats. These are boons in Indian conditions.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed