Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 13:07   #931
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

So the tryst with VW dealers in Mumbai continues. Two dealers both have a poor response turnaround and lack of trained staff, they over promise and NOT only underdeliver but dont show up for work at all. Three different SA's from the same dealership have been following up for a month and when it came time to actually take the test drive NEITHER Of the vehicles are available.

The Second dealer Autobahn inspite of a walk in visit did not bother to call up or come back for over a month. If not for Mumbai Traffic should have just stuck with Shaman Automobiles / VW Downtown.

Confused between the 1.0 AT/1.5 AT VW Taigun OR the similar versions of the SKODA Kushaq. While the SKODA team is constantly pushing and willing to accommodate test drives. delivery, colour etc etc. Its almost as if VW is playing catch up or they dont expect to sell much. Very disappointing.

The VW team (Mody VW Kandivali and Autobahn VW Andheri) are struggling to even provide timely test drives in spite of me volunteering to come to the showroom ONLY condition being want to be able to compare the drive quality both the engines TDs.

Especially since 80% of my driving is city driving and balance 20% outstation so reluctant for the 3 pot engine. To make matters worse the vehicle is going to used by our driver about 50%of the time for my family.

But reading user experiences of the 1.0 engine am supremely confused. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated in taking a call between the two engines.

Last edited by mave547 : 30th November 2021 at 13:23. Reason: missing a fact.
Old 30th November 2021, 14:33   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
But reading user experiences of the 1.0 engine am supremely confused. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated in taking a call between the two engines.
I went with 1.5L DSG. This line of thinking may sound a little illogical to you but my thinking was:

- I buy a new car and use the it for about 10 yrs.
- Should I let go an opportunity to get the higher-powered engine and a fast DSG gearbox because 1.0L/AT is enough for my needs?
- Am I okay to accept a higher risk that comes with DSG gearbox failure?

Also in my opinion, 1.5L/DSG combo is better value proposition over 1.0L/AT for their respective price points.

My suggestion is, go with your heart. Let the mind catch up in due time.

Last edited by samyboy : 30th November 2021 at 14:36. Reason: typos corrected.
samyboy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:06   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post

Also in my opinion, 1.5L/DSG combo is better value proposition over 1.0L/AT for their respective price points.

My suggestion is, go with your heart. Let the mind catch up in due time.
The primary reason for the confusion since the top end 1.0 AT is not significantly cheaper then the 1.5 AT anyways.

Will drive it soon and probably book the 1.5
mave547 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:48   #934
BHPian

Visited EVM Perumbavoor, Ernakulam for a test drive yesterday. They had the 1.0 Highline on display and 1.0 Topline for test drive, no AT or 1.5 TSI variants were available.

Personally, coming from an Etios Liva, I found the interiors pretty decent. Only think I found bit odd was the roof liner especially near the IRVM and lights, was very flimsy. Definitely feels out of place, although I checked it only cause the poor quality issue was mentioned in this thread, otherwise wouldn't have noticed it.

The SA when asked about discounts, was like, this current pricing is already discounted / introductory and claims come Jan 1, the onroad pricing of the top variants would go up by 1L. I found that a bit hard to believe.

As to delivery, he says there is no dealer level stock as such, but Dec 10 is apparently the dispatch date from factory, so any variant/color I want he can get dispatched if I book in the next 2-3 days. And vehicle would arrive week or so after dispatch from factory. He said that the RTO processing is slow and the dealer is allowed to release the vehicle from the showroom only after the number plate is affixed so that can delay the delivery.

Last edited by varkey : 2nd December 2021 at 22:49.
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:21   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Personally, coming from an Etios Liva, I found the interiors pretty decent. Only think I found bit odd was the roof liner especially near the IRVM and lights, was very flimsy.
Slavia has got the updated roof liners which will soon be moved on to both the VAG Twins- Kushaq and Taigun. If you can wait for couple of months you can get these with better quality but a price hike of 1L is wrong just to hurry up your purchase decision, a hike of 10-15k is expected from Jan following other manufacturers.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 06:28   #936
BHPian

Quote:

The SA when asked about discounts, was like, this current pricing is already discounted / introductory and claims come Jan 1, the onroad pricing of the top variants would go up by 1L. I found that a bit hard to believe.
Well my SA has passed on similar information but the Taigun prices were recently hiked by Rs 4k for base model , vs Kushaqs hike of 30k.

Not sure if the demand is so much that they are considering hiking prices twice in 2 months?
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 14:55   #937
BHPian

I have booked the Polo HL+ AT last month and went for a TD today of the 1.5 GT AT and Topline AT and loved both the cars. I’m leaning towards the 1.0 if things go well or I will stick to the Polo booking.

For anyone who has booked the 1.0 Topline AT, have you’ll opted for the SVP and extended warranty?
Old 5th December 2021, 20:11   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post

Confused between the 1.0 AT/1.5 AT VW Taigun OR the similar versions of the SKODA Kushaq. . Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated in taking a call between the two engines.
I would say if you are considering going for the higher variants, 1.5 TSI +DSG is a no-brainer. It gives you fun-to-drive factor and fuel efficiency in the same package! It is hard to believe, but ARAI ratings of the 1.5 AT indicate better mileage than the 1.0 AT! This is mainly die to Active Cylinder Deactivation technology. Also the 1.5 DSG is significantly faster (by more than 3 seconds in the 0-100 run) than the 1.0 TC AT. The price difference is not all that much either between the 1.0 Topline AT and the GT 1.5 AT.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 21:42   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I saw a few Taiguns on the road and agree with you that it does look relatively small. I don't understand what's happening with the so called CSUV segment - size is getting compact but prices are hitting through the roof! I can't imagine myself paying 18-20 big one for this segment a few years ago. Inflation or semi conductor shortage could be blamed but I guess the companies are also trying to milk the "SUV" craze to the fullest.
I bought an innova crysta gx 8 seater in 2016 for the same price as the 1.5 GT TSI 5 seater Tiguan. Strangely, innova prices have remained mostly stagnant (prior to the time I bought the car - it used to increase by 5% every year consistently). A new gx 8 seater is still almost 20 lacs today. I would say that an 8 seater Toyota which is built like a tank and can last a good 10-15 years without any maintenance issues is definitely value for money compared to a 4 seater CSUV. I too am a fan of the TSI engine (owned a vento TSI earlier), but somehow I am not able to digest the value for money logic in this pricing.
Old 5th December 2021, 22:22   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
but somehow I am not able to digest the value for money logic in this pricing.
Thats the only thing holding me back from putting down the super premium price for a good car. ONLY downside was faced with this same dilemma 8 years back when I had to choose between Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo Petrol for around 6.6 lacs vs the POLO topend AT for 9.8 lacs, went with the earlier thinking who pays 10 lacs for hatchback. Point being even at that time VW commanded a premium of 2/3 lacs over the competition.

Fast forward to 2021 one can still get decent cars in the lower brackets (5-10 lacs) and great cars in the premium bracket (30+). Its the middle class which always at the receiving end of the stick and VAG group knows this and are relying on a class like me who missed out on the JETTA/POLO etc and tired of waiting for Honda/Toyota to come up with something worth waiting for.
mave547 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 22:53   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
IA new gx 8 seater is still almost 20 lacs today. I would say that an 8 seater Toyota which is built like a tank and can last a good 10-15 years without any maintenance issues is definitely value for money compared to a 4 seater CSUV. I too am a fan of the TSI engine (owned a vento TSI earlier), but somehow I am not able to digest the value for money logic in this pricing.
Crysta GX AT 8 seater is now close to 25 Lakhs on road in most cities. It is 4-5 lakh costlier than Taigun top-end variants ( Assuming Tiguan in your post is a typo and you meant a comparison with Taigun). So I think the price difference is significant considering the top end Taigun will also come with curtain airbags.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 10:43   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
The primary reason for the confusion since the top end 1.0 AT is not significantly cheaper then the 1.5 AT anyways.

Will drive it soon and probably book the 1.5
1.0 and 1.5 are two different cars, hard to see them being each others competitor.

I would call 1.5DSG as poorer man's TROC (ride quality ia not very different, sea of difference in interiors), while 1.0 can be called richer man's Polo (havent driven poli yet).
Old 6th December 2021, 10:51   #943
BHPian

Quote:
As to delivery, he says there is no dealer level stock as such, but Dec 10 is apparently the dispatch date from factory, so any variant/color I want he can get dispatched if I book in the next 2-3 days.
IMO it will be prudent to wait for a good 6 to 12 months before buying a newly baked product such as the Taigun. The initial batches of the car do have niggles which are sorted out by the company later. VW might even launch a face lift version within the next 12 to 18 months with more features after taking customer feedback.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:28   #944
BHPian

Apparently Taigun sales in Nov 2021 is more than Kushaq.
Taigun 2849 units vs Kushaq 1876 units.

Source: https://www.autopunditz.com/post/ind...-november-2021
Old 6th December 2021, 12:46   #945

I agree with you on the experience front. Apparently, they have a waiting list on vehicles, they are least bothered about the customers. This is true irrespective of Dealers. I had pre booked Tiguan 1.5 DSG and would be picking in up now. I would have peace of mind only if VW has made a good product and I do not have to visit the Dealer at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks