Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 09:50   #991
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Compass has substantially lesser rear legroom than Taigun. It is surprisingly close to EcoSport in that aspect was one of the main reasons we didn't even look at it as an upgrade from Ecosport 2 years back.
Other day I checked my friend's Seltos, Taigun certainly had more leg space, was narrower at the back but surprisingly the boot I felt was as big. Seltos's boot is about 1.5-2 inches longer, but it did not have the depth. A big luggage bag could fit vertically in my Taigun but not in Seltos.
Taigun has been very well designed to accommodate space given its smaller size compared to its rivals..
vinitbarve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 14:20   #992
BHPian

A friend took delivery of his Taigun 1.5 DSG today in Gurgaon. It came with the R17 alloys and he wants to switch to the R16 ones from the lower variants given how our roads are. If any Taigun owner is interested in an exchange, please DM me, I'll be happy to connect you with my friend.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:50   #993
BHPian

A total of 3700 dispatches for VW, while Skoda dispatched 3234 cars in Dec 2021.

Looks like people are buying more Taigun's compared to Kushaq's or the parent company is playing the dominant role here by getting more Taigun's manufactured from the shared assembly line.
Old 5th January 2022, 13:44   #994
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if this has been covered already, but VW seem to have silently hiked prices. New prices:

Variant : Ex-Showroom Price (Old Price)

Comfortline - 1.0L TSI MT : ₹ 10.99 Lakhs (10.54)
Highline - 1.0L TSI MT : ₹ 12.99(12.84)
Highline - 1.0L TSI AT : ₹ 14.39 (14.14)
Topline - 1.0L TSI MT : ₹ 14.99 (14.61)
Topline - 1.0L TSI AT : ₹ 16.39 (15.95)
GT - 1.5L TSI EVO MT : ₹ 15.39 (15.04)
GT Plus - 1.5L TSI EVO DSG : ₹ 17.99 (17.54)

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...n/master.layer

Also, saw a new silver Highline Taigun which the neighbor has purchased. Taigun seems to look smallest in Silver Color somehow. In comparison, a Creta of the same color looks a lot bigger. I think Silver is not a great color for the Taigun. The bright Chrome front fender elements have little contrast with the silver background and look like a force fit on the Silver car.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 5th January 2022 at 13:53.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 19:05   #995

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Any idea how does TPMS work. I checked my car tyre pressure it was less by 3 to 4 pts in couple of them. I had set the TPMS at 33 and did not receive any alerts. How does this TPMS work any idea?
This is done through the touch-screen interface. Go to Settings-->Car-->Tire. It's not very sophisticated and only seems to measure when pressure falls below a set threshold. So if, for example, you get 33PSI filled in all the tires at a bunk, you then go to the menu and manually press 'SET'. Later, when the pressure falls below a threshold (in my case it happened when one of the tires went to 30PSI), you get an alarm symbol on your visual cockpit screen. Hope that helps.
Old 7th January 2022, 01:27   #996
BHPian

quick doubt - im looking to book a taigun. however there is almost a 10k difference in registration cost between the taigun highline and kushaq ambition. The ex showroom price and all are almost the same.

Does anyone know the reason ? or is it simply a dealer negotiation ?
Old 7th January 2022, 18:01   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
quick doubt - im looking to book a taigun. however there is almost a 10k difference in registration cost between the taigun highline and kushaq ambition. The ex showroom price and all are almost the same.

Does anyone know the reason ? or is it simply a dealer negotiation ?
Prices are different for both Taigun HL and Kushaq Ambition 1L. Please check below for updated prices of each variant.

Source: Rushlane

Even if you check the older prices Taigun HL was 5k costly than Kushaq Ambition.

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 7th January 2022 at 18:03.
Old 7th January 2022, 20:12   #998
BHPian

One of my known persons had purchased a Taigun 1.0 TSI Topline AT few days ago and had travelled for 200 Kms in this car. The owner had upgraded from 2020 Polo 1.0 MPI Comfortline BS6 and the Taigun is his first AT car. He was an MT guy until he drove the Taigun AT and previously he owned an S-Cross Zeta Diesel as well as multiple Swift Diesels, Indica and Omni.

As a passenger, I can say that the suspension is well balanced, i.e, not too stiff and soft TBH and 1.0 TSI had performed well on highway driving though it’s 115HP on paper. Rear seat has good leg space and will be comfortable while travelling.

The only grouse in the Taigun is seat position. Even after adjusting the driver seat height to highest sitting, I still felt the driver seat position bit low when compared to Creta/Seltos.

And, the interior looked better to my eyes due to digital cluster, which is sorely missed in Kushaq.

Also, ventilated seats was a boon to use along with wireless Apple CarPlay, which worked flawlessly with my iPhone XS.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-5d674eabe37542caa2147ba7f81b86d8.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-b592201371244c788f5268056b4f93d3.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-38c0dfa619984c48990eba3ee64b725b.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-ddf70d340b0845cfa89be050cee5223a.jpeg  

car_guy1998 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 22:06   #999
BHPian

Hi everyone!

I bought a Taigun GT+ finally after my 14 year old skoda Fabia TDI elegance (which I still love very much). I am also posting after nearly eight years, I now use a bicycle for my daily commute, and advocate using cars less. There are many other reasons why we need this car, and thought it was just ideal.

Posting a couple of photos of driving away from Bombay.

More will come, and the car has been a sheer pleasure to drive
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb0b3ced158b494d8c9779c9f861227e.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-7e5e4cb653934c84a8f05002dbd995ce.jpeg  

Last edited by naikpranav : 9th January 2022 at 22:07. Reason: Forgot some information
naikpranav is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 18:52   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
The sygic map feature is an offline one, it should be able to show you route without hotspot
GPS it seems is in-built into the infotainment system
Thanks Tanmay, I used it a few times now on known routes, and am quite happy with how it works, it correctly displays lanes, and also shows 3D buildings, and a lot of other information. It does have an option to get traffic data, but have not managed to make that function. It asks me to log in, but doesn’t proceed, even with Wi-Fi connected.
Old 13th January 2022, 08:34   #1001
BHPian

I took delivery of a white Taigun 1.0 Topline AT on the 9th January.

Took it straight to Lonavala temple after the delivery from Autobahn Vashi. I paid 17.31 OTR. BH series, my employer having offices in more than 4 states has made it possible for me.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7584.jpg

I had visited the Thane dealership in November to check out the matte gray Polo but was disappointed to learn that the color was only available in GT and not Highline Plus. I ended up booking a white Polo Highline Plus with a delivery time frame of 2-4 months. I wasn't in a hurry with the delivery anyways so the time line suited me.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-69aafebff18d4b1cbae6bc085869f9e5.jpg

I switched to the Taigun 17 days later. Neither of the dealerships I visited tried to upsell me the Taigun. It just happened organically. I was getting tired with the bike rides wearing me down and wanted to have a car that could be easy to manage in city and on the highways.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7581.jpg

Both Polo and Taigun were satisfying my criteria of being well mannered cars, with the Taigun and its ventilated seats going an extra mile to pamper the primary occupants. I honestly can't say much about the build quality of both the cars as both seemed pretty solid to me.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7742.jpg

The car hunt began in 2020 as a joke, as a consequence of not being in the right timeline to end up with a Punto Abarth, day dreaming of the next best thing - a Polo TSi, and come December 2021, I found myself doing a PDI of a car I never thought I'd buy. I hope my dreams never come true.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4656.jpg

I love the Taigun exactly for the same reasons as the Polo:

- Cruise control: I wanted to try this especially because a friend who drives an AT verna also has cruise control and choses not to use it. I set it up at 79km/hr on the Mumbai Pune expressway and just focussed on the road. I can't wait to do this again.

- TC gearbox: I briefly looked at Renaults offerings in the Polos price range, but didn't want to go the non TC gearbox route. Driving my uncles 2021 Baleno CVT also didn't instil excitement. TC was the way to go without having any benchmark to base this decision on. I was tired of driving our 2007 Innova MT and wanted an automatic car as my first car.

- a potent engine with a scope for DIY - this was for Polo. I've religiously followed BHPian fluidicjoys diy threads and was blown away by the kinda potential Polo holds for mods. I'm also glad that I'm not going to have to do any of those now that a Taigun stands in the garage. I'm all for "built not bought" (but "built after I bought" really) and I am the primary service advisor, head mechanic, chai wala and chief accountant when it comes to the maintenance of my 2017 Dominar, having added functional and aesthetic mods on it. But I want a break from all that diy and focus on the driving a bit more this time.

- everything that the Polo doesn't have is an addon on the Taigun and I don't have particular excitement over the value addition of these features except for the ventilated seats. Mom was surprised to know that such a thing exists and was happy and comfortable throughout the lonavala drive on delivery day. The paddle shifters are an addon I was going to add to the Polo but happy for it to come as standard on the Taigun, although I am waiting to cross over 1-1.5k on the odo to use them.

However, the Polo has a lot of character over the Taigun. This will never stop being true for me.

The allure of the sunroof quickly faded away now that our car has it. The Innova which stands in the garage doesn't have a sunroof and both my mom and I used to wonder what it'd be like to have a car with a sunroof. Uncle with his XUV500 encouraged putting the head outta the sunroof when the car stood still and the experience was pleasant. Now that there is one on the Taigun, I don't think we've looked up more than once through it. We just end up removing the roof liner cover and that's that. It just sits there, we're happy it is there but we'd be indifferent if it weren't.

I love the wheel setup as well. On a smooth tarmac, the car glides. As if riding on an aircraft. The road noise is absent and I just love the way it drives. On concrete tarmac, the story is a bit different. There is a fair amount of road noise, the undulations are felt in the cabin and it starts making sense as to why the 16 inch tyres are a better swap for this car. Not that I'm going to right away or later as well, but it did debunk a thought I had in my mind when I used to read about most of the folks preferring the 16 inch wheels over the 17inch setup.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7775.jpg

I also find it weird that the car on PDI and on delivery day seemed so tall, and now that it is with me and among other cars, it just feels short. Like me.

I love the gearbox but can only talk so much about it right now. I've done around 288 km, 77 was the odo meter mark when I took delivery. U-turns are scary. Probably because I'm not willing to floor the car right now hence a mild panic sets inside of me trying to negotiate a u-turn with a sense of calming urgency. Will I make it, will I not? Will the truck driver uncle curse at me, will he not? Or maybe because when I press the accelerator, the car has a noticeable delay until it darts forward (probably in d2) and pushes me back into the seat.

The headlight setup is a miss for me. I wish for something more powerful. It reminds me of my struggle with my Dominar. It looks good when I'm alone on the road. I can scare insects, owls, and make the moon blush on a full moon day, but if a halogen power guy comes in the opposite lane, I'm sure to miss a bump or a pothole. These lights also perform poorly for me when someone with a powerful setup is behind me, the effect of my headlights gets cancelled and blends with the more powerful setup.

I've always thought these LED headlights with the kinda temperature Dominar has to be a problem and the ones on the Taigun will inspire no confidence on that front. Good to have the fog lamps in an aesthetically out of sync color temperature. I've had my eyes tested and my doctor said I have a good vision. As long as I could see her, it was 6/6.

The car does hold gears properly. On the TD car, I felt it did spend a fair amount of time in D2 even at lower speeds but that doesn't seem to be the case with the car I've got.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7766.jpg

How and why I went in for a polo and came out with a taigun in a span of 2 months is something that is in the works on the assembly line. Hope to cover a lot of the things other than what I've mentioned on the post.

However, I have a lot of gratitude towards BHPian sameer_vwagner, soumyajena whose virtual presence has made me buying my first car a smooth experience. I couldn't have done it without Sameer's encouragement and Soumya's help moving to a different dealership in the Mumbai area. These two among other gents have had a significant impact on me and the kinda human I aspire to be. Thank you guys.
throttleflick is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 10:18   #1002
BHPian

The VW dealer i'm in touch with tells me that the 2022 variant is missing auto folding ORVMs due to chip shortage. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 13th January 2022, 10:47   #1003
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on your new buy, @throttleflick! Wish you many more (s)miles with it ahead. Looking forward to read your post on why the shift (it is sure to help others too).

And all that we did was just the DNA of this forum. Glad we could help in anyway we could.

Godspeed buddy!
sameer_vwagner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 11:49   #1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
Thanks Tanmay, I used it a few times now on known routes, and am quite happy with how it works, it correctly displays lanes, and also shows 3D buildings, and a lot of other information. It does have an option to get traffic data, but have not managed to make that function. It asks me to log in, but doesn’t proceed, even with Wi-Fi connected.
Hello Pranav, I have also not tried that feature. I have moved to Android Auto and hence removed Sygic maps completely. I was reading through the Kushaq forum and observed that a warning sound comes at random interval if Sygic maps is installed. I removed the app and the warning sound has disappeared completely.
tanmay2612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:37   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Taigun seem to have a better appeal over its sibling.

Volkswagen Taigun Bags Around 5000 Bookings In January 2022 so far, planning to ramp up production to 3500 units per month in a bid to ensure timely delivery.

Quote:
live bookings we are close to 5000 bookings. Production we are looking at producing around 3000 - 3500 Taiguns every month. That's the plan, but of course it will depend upon the semiconductor availability

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th January 2022 at 10:39.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed