Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:56   #1216
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

So after the first service the noise from the doors has gone for now, if it comes back I will push for the beadings to be changed.

I had also complained about the Seat Ventilation being pretty ineffective they said it was fine when they checked it. I guess my expectations were high, it is pretty useless for short drives which last less than 20 mins. Also, I have noticed that if all the ac vents are open it hardly works only when I close the passenger side vents I feel a slight change. This is in March, I don't think it will be useful at all in the upcoming summer months. Disappointed with this feature to be honest.

Is this feature poorly implemented in the Taigun or is it the same across all cars ?
Old 23rd March 2022, 15:39   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post

Is this feature poorly implemented in the Taigun or is it the same across all cars ?
I have noticed the temperature in Taigun needs to be set between 20 and 22 during summer time. Any temperature above 23 does not provide good cooling. This is somewhat different than other cars I have previously owned.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 19:11   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I have noticed the temperature in Taigun needs to be set between 20 and 22 during summer time. Any temperature above 23 does not provide good cooling. This is somewhat different than other cars I have previously owned.
Yes, the A/C isn't very effective when I compare it to my old car (ecosport). But the ventilated seats are a complete disappointment.
Old 24th March 2022, 08:37   #1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
I will find a specific route to check this and report on numerical basis for same in coming days.

But i have observed on recent trip (+200Km one way) when AC was maintained at Auto with temperature set at 21-22 the fuel efficiency was coming as expected (~around 17-18 Kmpl on high way run) but with temperature at 21-22 and blower at level-3 i was getting around 15-16 kmpl. There is a significant improvement in cooling levels when moving from Auto mode to manual.

Wanted the communities observations as well, if they have found similar trends.
Hello All,

I managed to get a good route to test the above hypothesis last weekend.

I kept the temperature set at 23C and used Auto mode for first half of the trip and then used 23C with manual mode and fan set at L2.
I opted to use the morning window when the traffic and signals are not particularly high. Also, temperatures are manageable.
I used the same route to travel onwards and back to avoid any difference arising out of the road, elevation, etc.
Lastly i tried to keep the speed and driving style controlled and avoided any sudden accelerations to avoid its impact on the FE.
Please find the two snapshots, one taken midway of the drive and second on the trip end.
One difference was that i had one additional person while travelling till midway.

Overall observations as per the attached information is that if temperature is kept same and blower is not working too hard the FE drop is not present. Rather due to some other factor i am not sure which one, i got better efficiency on the return.

For the next step i will have to try this during peak temperature time to understand the difference more accurately.

Adding to the other topic on fuel. A good quality fuel is surely returning me better performance overall when compared with regular fuel. Currently going with Shell as its located just 2 mins from where i stay.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220320_0832172.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220320_0911272.jpg  

tanmay2612 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 09:03   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
So after the first service the noise from the doors has gone for now, if it comes back I will push for the beadings to be changed.

I had also complained about the Seat Ventilation being pretty ineffective they said it was fine when they checked it....

The door squeaking does come back. It has, in my vehicle but not as loud as before. I am not sure if there is a permanent fix but I will bring this up in my next service.

The seat ventilation seems ok only at high fan speeds. If it is too hot outside, the Auto mode takes a really long time to cool the space down. We have to down the windows and push back the sunroof to help the process + lower the temp and increase fan speeds. But in general, I find ventilated seats increase the comfort level a good bit.
asmr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 10:29   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
The door squeaking does come back. It has, in my vehicle but not as loud as before. I am not sure if there is a permanent fix but I will bring this up in my next service.
Same thing happened with me squeaks were back got the beadings changed finally. This takes about one full day.
Old 25th March 2022, 13:13   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Same thing happened with me squeaks were back got the beadings changed finally. This takes about one full day.
Oh. If you don't mind me asking, did you just ask the service center to replace with standard spares or did you change to a specific brand or variant via someone else? And the squeaks are gone, like, for good?
Old 27th March 2022, 20:01   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Is underbody protection available as an accessory for taigun?
I remember reading in vw polo thread that underbody protection can be fitted at the service centre (for polo).
Can anyone provide an insight on this. can we fit an underbody protection for taigun. Additionally does kushaq have it
Old 27th March 2022, 23:30   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenboi View Post
Hey, did you finally get your comfortline delivered?

I too visited the Bangalore dealer to book a comfortline, they mentioned there's a waiting period of 4-6 months.

Apparently, the base model is in very high demand and the margin for VW on that one is low. Hence, VW isn't making a lot of them.

I've seen OEMs do this a lot lately. They make a affordable version just to get the optics of the price correct. Post this they throttle supply. Its like a marketing spend for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce feature cuts in a few months just like in the Mahindra XUV300's case.

Also would appreciate if the 1.0l MT owners can share their experience with the clutch in City traffic. Is it a pain to use? What's the FE like?

Our Test drive vehicle had quite a heavy clutch for a 1.0l engine. I've used the Baleno and the Ignis in City, the clutch on that 1.2l p is very light compared to the taigun.
Just a suggestion, get the Highline, it makes a lot of sense. Plus, the dealers are offering large amounts of discount. They'll help you match the onroad price of a new comfortline. Just cut down on the extra stuff like extended warranty,
basic kit and also the check the insurance. I walked into the showroom for a comfortline and walked out with a highline!

Yes, the clutch is slightly on the heavier side and I believed VW group cars have it like that. It isn't really a pain to use and it all gets better and the feeling nullifies when you're out of the traffic and just cross the 1,700RPM mark. I have been getting an average FE of 11-15kmpl in Delhi with AC (depends on how you drive). My dad is a very calm driver, and he manages to fetch around 13-17kmpl (According to the instrument cluster).
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 17:42   #1225
BHPian

Hey Everyone,

Has any owner of Taigun/Kushaq tried to replace current horn being given with the earlier Polo/Vento horns? Is it possible from VW itself without any warranty void issues.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 22:03   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Has any owner of Taigun/Kushaq tried to replace current horn being given with the earlier Polo/Vento horns? Is it possible from VW itself without any warranty void issues.
It is possible provided spares are available. No reason for service center to decline. Am waiting to change to auto dimming IVRM if possible
Old 29th March 2022, 21:04   #1227
BHPian

Back from a 1500 km drive Mumbai Omkareshwar Indore Ujjain Mumbai.

No more discoveries with the car, now have a good handle on engine performance and fuel efficiencies. Drove in cruise control most of the journey, 85-95 kmph, got a over speeding ticket in Maharashtra. Roads great in MP, comparatively poor in Maharashtra. Drive has become lot more mature less over speedings, try to optimize on fuel efficiencies, occasional fun at high speeds

Fuel efficiencies -

Full trip 15.2 kmpl
Best patch - Sendwa to Maheshwar patch 21 kmpl
Worst patch other than Mumbai traffic - Omkareshwar to Indore 10 kmpl

Often we were like, why is the car so slow, felt like 60kmph, and the speedometer would show 90kmph. Sometimes I would race to 120+ and only to be reminded by the beep about over speeding. Driving experience is just wow !

Got done with my second servicing today. My hand brake didn't work properly, complained about it. They have replaced the wheel bearings, and adjusted the hand brake cables, all within warranty, not a penny charged.

The rear door didnt close with the thud - that is also rectified satisfactorily, over all happy with the service experience.

Car is back neat and clean - looking forward to my next drive through lovely roads in Kokan - happus mango trip in April/May
vinitbarve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 00:31   #1228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
Adding to the other topic on fuel. A good quality fuel is surely returning me better performance overall when compared with regular fuel. Currently going with Shell as its located just 2 mins from where i stay.
OT:

Quite interesting to note how VW India is displaying the international spec T-Cross on the touchscreen system of the Indian Taigun!! VW India thought they can get away with it and nobody would notice

Taigun:
Name:  Taigun.png
Views: 1674
Size:  396.4 KB

T-Cross:
Name:  TCross.png
Views: 1644
Size:  297.0 KB

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...20_0832172.jpg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 30th March 2022 at 00:38.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 00:50   #1229
BHPian

I’m in the process of getting a Tiguan (Not a typo) and every time I have visited the SA and see the Taigun (again not a typo) my eyes are drawn towards it. Such a well proportioned and attractive car. And the lively colors suit it so well.
Almost ticks everything one needs in a daily commuter.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 14:01   #1230
BHPian

Hey all, this is my first long/formal post on Team-BHP. My membership got approved on the same day we got the Taigun.

It's the 1.0 TSi Manual, Highline. Having done 500kms in less than a week, here are a few observations and pictures I would like to share.

Accessories bought from VW
  • Mudflaps
  • Seat Covers (like they have on Topline)
  • All weather mats
(they were trying to sell me the basic kit, but I escalated the matter, and it just got worse, but later, everything was sorted and they offered me individual accesories)

Initial Observations:
  • Absolutely love the way it handles (upgrading/changing from a Kia Seltos 1.5 NA Petrol)
  • The engine doesn't feel like a 1.0 L unit at all during regular drives. It feels weak when you're too lazy to drop a gear in city conditions. and thus, forces you to downshift.
  • Everyone in my house feels that the passenger seat is placed too low.
  • The car we got is 2022 manufactured and so, the quality of roof-liner feels slightly better than the Test-drive car. (Having owned a Vento from 2012-2019, I agree some materials/switches don't feel as good, for ex. the sun visor feels flimsy and very light)
  • Though the Infotainment is a little complex, it feels good to use. The speakers have good bass and I am quite happy with the sound quality.
  • The halogen headlamps are AMAZING. (Better than the 5th gen City and the Seltos' halogens; I thought I was spoiled by the LED projectors on my Innova Crysta and Corolla Altis)
    Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4018.jpg
  • Most importantly, my mother and sister don't feel the body roll, so I can corner (on empty roads) spiritedly.
  • VW Connect is very useless. Honda Connect is better and more informative.
  • Out of all the cars ever driven, the Corolla Altis CVT 2019 used to be my favourite daily drive; but since this car has come, I try to get my hands on it. (I still love you, Corolla. I swear it's the initial obsession with the Turbo)
    Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4058.jpg
  • The ride is amazing. Farzi (my dog) only used to enjoy the Innova or the front seat of the Corolla. But looks like the scooped out/well-shaped seats of the Taigun are comfortable for him. (He braces himself well when the Turbo kicks in)
    Volkswagen Taigun Review-snap_20220325162513.jpg
  • I have an iPhone 12 Mini which tends to move around and so the wireless charger always gets suspended. Though, it charges my parents' iPhone 13 Pro and 11 Pro decently. If not, at least the charge just stays where they are and prevents discharging. (I was thinking too highly of it)

Things to be checked:
  • The gear knob has a creaky/plasticy sound when changing gears. Like, there is a piece of plastic wrap underneath the leather, which feels annoying.
    Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4048.jpg
  • The car has been pulling to the left by A LOT. Need to get it checked; as there is a lot of brake dust on the front wheels as well. (Note: the car hasn't been cleaned properly as the cleaning guy didn't turn up for a couple days and my dad/I took the car for a drive whenever he showed up)

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4052.jpg
  • Handbrake feels weird at times; and doesn't engage as expected.
  • I haven't heard much of door/rattle noise but will take care of that.

Planned mods (Provided the warranty doesn't go for a toss)
  • Retrofitting the electrically foldable ORVM's
  • Windtone horns
  • Lock/Unlock sound confirmation
  • Speed alarms
  • Volume to refuel
  • AC fan display in AUTO mode
  • Volume to refuel
  • Driver side window up/down with remote

Some pictures during the day:
Interior
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4049.jpg
Rear
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4055.jpg
Front (Mini Tiguan? or a Tiguan Mini?)
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4053.jpg

The best part:
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4021.jpg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4022.jpg

Oh also, I think it has a message for my parents every time the ignition is turned off:
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4050.jpg

Having 497kms complete, I am just waiting one more week to go for/schedule a pick-drop service or the 'SWAGAT' maintenance as VW calls it. Will check with them about the mods/horn (if anything can go wrong with warranty). Most importantly, have to get the steering/alignment issue checked. Spoiled the whole mood.
Apart from that, I love the car. When I drive I get something between 11-15kmpl. Whenever my dad drives, he's able to fetch around 15-19kms to one litre. (I also can't wait for the run-in period to get over, for some spirited driving and also experiencing the full potential of this beast.)
Here's a snap which I took after he came back from a 40-50kms drive (50% Highway + 50% City).
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4044.jpg

I'd like to end my post here. Since, this is my first post (as mentioned), apologies if I went wrong somewhere or violated any guidelines. Will post frequent updates.

Thanks
Aditya
adigup is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks