Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 21:01   #1246

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

I have done 6.8k in four months of mixed terrain driving and it has given me 11-12 kms.
Got the vehicle serviced in the first month and also had an accidental repair when a Wagon-R hit my vehicle from behind requiring back bumper change, in NOIDA Sector-6 VW service centre. Was satisfied with the service and the timelines they gave for repairs. You could also try it once and share your experience.
SanjoySinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 21:57   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on which VW Service center is the best in Delhi NCR? any things to keep in mind? (other than the fact I have two-three things to complain/query about) do you suggest that I should go and get it done or plan a pick-drop?

Thanks!
Mileage depends a lot on quick accelerations and how you drive the TSI. Average traffic I get between 11 to 12.5. Heavy traffic reduces to 10 or 9. I would suggest go to VW Metropolitan (frontier auto) in Mathura road, Delhi. I have been taking my cars over there since quite sometime have had good experience so far.
Old 4th April 2022, 22:04   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Mileage depends a lot on quick accelerations and how you drive the TSI. Average traffic I get between 11 to 12.5. Heavy traffic reduces to 10 or 9. I would suggest go to VW Metropolitan (frontier auto) in Mathura road, Delhi. I have been taking my cars over there since quite sometime have had good experience so far.
Got it! Yes, makes sense. I feel with just 950kms, I'm still not in the habit of the TSI and have an itchy right foot!

Had a Vento (2012 - 2019), which we used to send to VW Faridabad until it shut in 2017/18. Later, went to VW Wazirpur (Rajdhani? I'm not sure) and had a horrific experience. I am located near the airport. I believe there is a VW Frontier center in Gurgaon too! will check with them or should send to Mathura road eventually.

Thanks!
Old 5th April 2022, 10:03   #1249
Team-BHP Support

A fellow Taigun owner - Anupam Gupta had shared this on the FB group when his car went for the some service. He has installed the dual tone horns and looks like Roots is now an OE horn supplier for the group:

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img9559.png

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img9560.png

Cheaper than the imported ones from Europe at 2k INR a pair and the swap seems easy by just removing the front grill.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 10:41   #1250

I cannot say which one is the best, but i purchased the 1L highline MT from VW West at Moti Nagar. Have done ~1.7k of NCR driving till now.
Went twice to the same service center, once for the swagat service and then for correcting the door squeaks! The experience has been good so far.

Quote:
I agree that understanding of fuel consumption improves.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on which VW Service center is the best in Delhi NCR? any things to keep in mind? (other than the fact I have two-three things to complain/query about) do you suggest that I should go and get it done or plan a pick-drop?

Thanks!
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 21:38   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Certainly understanding of fuel consumption improves, and hence possibly the mileage.

Car guzzles petrol on turbo acceleration, mileage drops drastically beyond 100-110 kmph. I have learnt to use cruise control more often, be light on accelator and lesser breaking.

Done with 6.9k so far.
Agreed. Need to be lighfooted and sober styled. Am hovering around 1.9k. Have planned a long drive next week. Mileage on long drives seems ok however car is a big guzzler in city as you said. How accurate can be the mileage reflecting on the system?
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 21:44   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Agreed. Need to be lighfooted and sober styled. Am hovering around 1.9k. Have planned a long drive next week. Mileage on long drives seems ok however car is a big guzzler in city as you said. How accurate can be the mileage reflecting on the system?
In today's cars, the systems are pretty much accurate ±0.5-1 kmpl
Do give update on the mileage and experience you have during the trip; have a safe drive!
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 22:04   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
In today's cars, the systems are pretty much accurate ±0.5-1 kmpl
Do give update on the mileage and experience you have during the trip; have a safe drive!
Thank you. Will do update on the drive and mileage.
Old 7th April 2022, 06:55   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
A fellow Taigun owner - Anupam Gupta had shared this on the FB group when his car went for the some service. He has installed the dual tone horns and looks like Roots is now an OE horn supplier for the group:

Attachment 2292387

Attachment 2292388

Cheaper than the imported ones from Europe at 2k INR a pair and the swap seems easy by just removing the front grill.
This is the Windtone electronic and sounds good, had them on my SCross.
Old 9th April 2022, 16:36   #1255
BHPian

Replaced our 10-year-old Polo with Taigun!

Hello members,
We had VW Polo with the least enthusiast engine, the 1.2 petrol Highline. The car started showing its age and came up with huge maintenance bills. We decided to upgrade to something better. Been driving the car for 3 years and being an enthusiast myself, I knew I wouldn't settle for a non-fun to drive car. Being a keen reader of this taigun forum, helped me gather confidence for this product. All said and done, got a good exchange price for polo and a good discount on the Taigun topline TSI MT Curcuma Yellow.
We got the car delivered on the auspicious day of Gudi Padwa. Took the delivery and went straight to Mandir for Puja. Had a Taigun Highline AT in front of ours!
Well, not all things end well.
The very next day driver's side window refused to roll down. Tried multiple times, and it rolled down and stopped mid-way. I was surprised and disappointed as to what went wrong. Took the car to the service center and they diagnosed it with a faulty window winder motor.
Anyways, they have put the order for the part and would receive it within 3-5 business days. Meanwhile, they closed the window and advised me to not roll down.
I'm okay with the issue as it could definitely be a manufacturing defect and the service guys completely accepted it and handled the situation very professionally.
Till now the car has done only 160 kms and I'm yet to experience the true potential of a TSi engine!
Any questions related to purchasing or overall experience are welcomed!
Attaching a picture of our 10-year-old Polo and New Car, Taigun!
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220329_180611.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220402_165104.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220402_164922.jpg
Atharva14 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 12:04   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post

Replaced our 10-year-old Polo with Taigun!

Hello members,
We had VW Polo with the least enthusiast engine, the 1.2 petrol Highline. The car started showing its age and came up with huge maintenance bills. We decided to upgrade to something better. Been driving the car for 3 years and being an enthusiast myself, I knew I wouldn't settle for a non-fun to drive car. Being a keen reader of this taigun forum, helped me gather confidence for this product. All said and done, got a good exchange price for polo and a good discount on the Taigun topline TSI MT Curcuma Yellow.
We got the car delivered on the auspicious day of Gudi Padwa. Took the delivery and went straight to Mandir for Puja. Had a Taigun Highline AT in front of ours!
Well, not all things end well.
The very next day driver's side window refused to roll down. Tried multiple times, and it rolled down and stopped mid-way. I was surprised and disappointed as to what went wrong. Took the car to the service center and they diagnosed it with a faulty window winder motor.
Anyways, they have put the order for the part and would receive it within 3-5 business days. Meanwhile, they closed the window and advised me to not roll down.
I'm okay with the issue as it could definitely be a manufacturing defect and the service guys completely accepted it and handled the situation very professionally.
Till now the car has done only 160 kms and I'm yet to experience the true potential of a TSi engine!
Any questions related to purchasing or overall experience are welcomed!
Attaching a picture of our 10-year-old Polo and New Car, Taigun!
Attachment 2294553

Attachment 2294555

Attachment 2294554
Congrats on your purchase.

If possible can you share what are the discounts they have offered as I am in the same boat. Here in Karnataka, they are just not ready to give any benefits though I informed them that I am ready to exchange my 6 years old Polo TDI
enginesoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 09:58   #1257
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Do we have people who have booked a Taigun GT Plus variant in Jan/Feb 2022 here? I have booked mine (Curcuma Yellow) in the first week of January this year and am yet to get allocation/delivery. Any other folks who have done their bookings and are still waiting?

My booking has been done with Elite Motors, JP Nagar in Bangalore.

Thanks.
Old 13th April 2022, 00:10   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginesoul View Post
Congrats on your purchase.

If possible can you share what are the discounts they have offered as I am in the same boat. Here in Karnataka, they are just not ready to give any benefits though I informed them that I am ready to exchange my 6 years old Polo TDI
That's very unfortunate! I was offered a good discount on insurance+ the loyalty bonus+ exchange bonus+ dealer discount. Also my service package was reduced from ₹21999/- to ₹11999/-. Try your luck out. If possible do visit other dealers too and let then compete among themselves and you'd get a good price for sure!
Atharva14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 12:52   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
Do we have people who have booked a Taigun GT Plus variant in Jan/Feb 2022 here? I have booked mine (Curcuma Yellow) in the first week of January this year and am yet to get allocation/delivery.
Thanks.
I booked a 1.5 GT PLUS in white on 1st April. Been told that i can get my car by 20-25th April.
omranga98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 15:19   #1260

Hi guys,

Wanted to check with ya'll how the realtime mileage reading works for you. While on a short drive last night, observed the numbers jumping erratically. Reason I ask, is because this isn't how the reading works on the Polo, where the number changes gradually over time.

Attaching a video for your refrence -

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks