Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 05:53   #1381
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

A thread on statement made by skoda and VW on AC. And some epic bashing by our friends.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ac-issues.html (Volkswagen’s official statement regarding Taigun AC issues)
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 15:04   #1382

Hey everyone.

Is anyone facing volume ducking issues on the Volkswagen Taigun? It's like the volume goes down suddenly and comes back up, similar to what happens when you receive a notification on your phone. But in this case, there are no notifications coming. It happens randomly. I even turned off Google Maps and stuff and their notifications, but the problem is still there. It's happening over Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay. So, I'm guessing it's related to Bluetooth.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th June 2022 at 19:53. Reason: Edited for better readability
Gagarsaur is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th June 2022, 16:10   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagarsaur View Post
Hey everyone.

Is anyone facing volume ducking issues on the Volkswagen Taigun? It's like the volume goes down suddenly and comes back up, similar to what happens when you receive a notification on your phone. But in this case, there are no notifications coming. It happens randomly. I even turned off Google Maps and stuff and their notifications, but the problem is still there. It's happening over Bluetooth or Apple CarPlay. So, I'm guessing it's related to Bluetooth.
Did you by any chance set up VW play and the Sygic navigation app? I think it's related to speed alerts. A system reset should help.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th June 2022 at 19:54. Reason: Quoted post edited
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 01:21   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Did you by any chance set up VW play and the Sygic navigation app? I think it's related to speed alerts. A system reset should help.
thank you. I think it was definitely related to the sygic navigation app, I turned off all kinds off notifications in that app and the issue is resolved. I use google maps anyway.
Gagarsaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 10:19   #1385

I faced a similar issue. Did a complete reset of the system. Also did not install any VW apps. The issue has not recurred yet.
abiswas27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 15:00   #1386
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Really excited to be part of this ever growing community, I have been a follower of Team-bhp for a long time and finally got approved just in time for my new Taigun to be delivered.

I have booked a 1.0 MT Topline from Kun Volkswagen in Carbon Steel Grey color.

This is a big step-up for me, as the Taigun replacing my 8 year old Ritz Zxi (2014), we have relatively low usage and in 8 years the Ritz had clocked only 36764 kms, most of it being highway runs between Pondicherry, Chennai, Trivandrum, Kottayam and Bangalore. It was an awesome car, but a few instances of aquaplaning (on Michelin's ) during Bangalore runs and especially since we now have a kid on board, had to rethink on the safety aspect.

In the last 6 months, me and the missus would have test driven cars from quite a few of the major manufacturers. I will not be going into the engines or other details since more experience and knowledgeable reviews are already present, this is a solely my views and my TD experiences (me being someone who can't make up his mind, and by the time that I do, the product is no longer in the market)).

Tata - Nexon & Harrier :
Great Cars, especially the Harrier, loved the road presence, but was way above our budget, and being a diesel and considering our usage didn't think it was the right fit, the Nexon was rejected since we already own a 1st gen Nexon (4-star GNCAP) and my dad isn't very happy with the service in Trivandrum and Kottayam, hence dropped.

Mahindra - Thar and Xuv 700:
XUV 700 dreams were killed due to the long wait times and the AX5 was again out of the budget, I loved the THAR not the missus, reason being the lack of luggage space. Again the road presence and the drivability of both the cars were excellent.

Hyundai - Creta & Verna
Creta was great to drive, but the safety factor was a concern, the Verna was rejected because it was too low for me to get in and out.

Kia - Seltos - Sonet:
Never got a test drive from the showroom, because they didn't even respond back, however did drive them from my family friends who had recently purchased them, good cars, not great rear seats, again safety was a concern.

Maruti Suzuki - S-Cross

We loved the car, this is the car we wanted to have, when we heard the news of the 2022 model coming to India we decided to wait for it, but alas the news in May that it would not be launched in India, and the discontinuation of the old S-cross, broke my heart and pushed me over the edge to make up my mind and get a new car.

Volkswagen - Taigun -Virtus

The Virtus was too long for me, great car, but I really felt a difference between the doors of the Vento and the Virtus, the Vento's door were literally built different, heavier and felt more sturdy, had a friend with a Vento come over to the showroom with me and he confirmed the same with the SA, who also agreed that the Vento's doors are better quality and heavier.

We had originally test drove the Taigun back in Dec-21, loved it then but had turned it down due to budget concerns and I only wanted the 1.5 GT, after much consideration and after driving my friends Vento 1.0 TSI AT, I decided that the 1.0 might be best suited since going forward 90% of my driving would be in the city with the occasional highway drives. We were concerned about the EPC issues, rattling, roof liner and the A/C issues, but after reading through the reviews and also have a cousin who is pretty happy with his 1.0 AT, we decided to go ahead and book the Taigun last week. Even though there isn't a NCAP rating yet, we felt more confident on the Taigun and considering VW’s past built quality we decided to go ahead. Also my cousin confirmed that VW has been listening to customers and taking feedback.

So now we are waiting for delivery the SA already has a 1.0 MT in Grey readily available, payment was completed on 8th Jun back and from our side. Registration is yet to start, bit of trouble with address on my ID, since multiple id's have different address due to me moving around.

Questions:
1. I wanted to know if the 1.0 MT gear knob is illuminated like to AT, couldn't find any videos or pics online or on the forum (apologies if i have missed) ?

2.Do you really think that the sun-film is a necessity, will it give me better cooling over the tinted glass (Chennai is currently 39'C right now) am worried of the tint being torn out by Kerala police as well.

3. What other functional accessories would you recommend I get from the dealer, and what all from outside? Am planning to have the horn changed post the 1st service.

Thanks again to everyone, especially the admin and moderators for accepting me into the community.

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2022 at 17:11. Reason: cos > because, wat > what, sevrice > service. Please avoid SMS lingo while posting and proof read the posts before submitting
al90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 10:09   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

When was this campaign? I had raised this concern to my SA long back but never heard of any campaign for this from VW.
Hey! Got mine installed in April itself, I've good relations with the service manager there and already had a polo so. I wasn't even asked for it, I noticed them putting something, later I was informed that is a campaign for door ratling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al90 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Questions:
1. I wanted to know if the 1.0 MT gear knob is illuminated like to AT, couldn't find any videos or pics online or on the forum (apologies if i have missed) ?

2.Do you really think that the sun-film is a necessity, will it give me better cooling over the tinted glass (Chennai is currently 39'C right now) am worried of the tint being torn out by Kerala police as well.

3. What other functional accessories would you recommend I get from the dealer, and what all from outside? Am planning to have the horn changed post the 1st service.

Thanks again to everyone, especially the admin and moderators for accepting me into the community.

Cheers
Firstly, Congratulations!
No, the Gear knob isn't illuminated in the manual.
Sun films really help to keep the cabin cool when parked in bright daylight. Moreover at this temperature, I'm really worried about the dashboard plastics! I already have 30% on the 4 windows and now I'm considering it for the windshield too.
Sunblinds for the rear windows, fit really well. Get 7D mats from outside. Get the car cover from the dealer, good quality.
Get blindspot mirrors installed.
Nice perfume
Horn change, get it done from the service center itself.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th June 2022 at 11:56. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 15th June 2022, 20:21   #1388
BHPian

Taigun automatic owners : has anyone experienced these noises from the brakes, this guy on the video is complaining about ?

I am a Polo 1L GT TSI owner and have never felt these noises, but this guy says he has experienced these on all recent VAG cars .
Gurudatt28227 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:58   #1389

This guy has been posting several over-dramatized content on youtube. I would just ignore his videos. Looks like this fellow is not interested in actually solving his problems - or there is something else happening in the background.

on the other hand, no such noise in my MT, my cousin has a 8-9 year old polo, no such noise either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatt28227 View Post
Taigun automatic owners : has anyone experienced these noises from the brakes, this guy on the video is complaining about ?

https://Youtu.be/ZulVQb4lHOs

I am a Polo 1L GT TSI owner and have never felt these noises, but this guy says he has experienced these on all recent VAG cars .
AnjanKatna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 09:48   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatt28227 View Post

https://Youtu.be/ZulVQb4lHOs

Yes I do have the brake noise but I had it in my Santro as well. It happens only when you are releasing the brake very slowly, especially on an incline and letting it get to almost on the point of moving. I frankly don't think this is an issue at all. There will be no noise if one simply removes their leg from the pedal without making a slow motion out of it.

Last edited by asmr : 16th June 2022 at 09:49. Reason: Corrected for readability
Old 16th June 2022, 13:26   #1391
BHPian

With the monsoon begining, and the stock wipers showing signs of early wear and tear, I decided to replace all 3 wiper blades. Went for frameless wiper blades from this company called Hamaan. I've used this brand earlier in the nios and liked it. Quality wise it's comparable to Bosch, advantage is that it doesn't have end caps, so it looks more solid in construction.
I was apprehensive that the rear wiper wouldn't fit well, but it turned out fine (except it looks a little more cross than the stock wiper). Functionally both the front and rear wipers are great.

PS.: Please excuse for the state of the car, a thorough car wash is due this weekend.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220615_180414.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220615_175906__01.jpg
Osteon206 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 15:01   #1392

They look nice. Did you buy then locally or order them online (if you did order online, could you please share a link).

[quote=Osteon206;5338105]With the monsoon begining, and the stock wipers showing signs of early wear and tear, I decided to replace all 3 wiper blades. Went for frameless wiper blades from this company called Hamaan. I've used this brand earlier in the nios and liked it. Quality wise it's comparable to Bosch, advantage is that it doesn't have end caps, so it looks more solid in construction.

PS.: Please excuse for the state of the car, a thorough car wash is due this weekend.
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 16:50   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjanKatna View Post
They look nice. Did you buy then locally or order them online
Thank you AnjanKatna. I bought them at the friendly neighborhood car accessory store - Car cosmetics, Mysore.

Front wiper : 24" & 18"
Rear wiper : 12"
Brand : Hamaan
Price : Rs. 1000 for all 3 wiper blades put together

Sharing pics of the product I found on the internet for reference. The blade has a red strip which looks cool, I refer to it as the GT variant of wiper blades. Lol

Name:  images  20220616T164629.493.jpeg
Views: 1593
Size:  12.2 KB

Name:  images  20220616T164612.380.jpeg
Views: 1646
Size:  38.7 KB
Osteon206 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 18:17   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
Thank you AnjanKatna. I bought them at the friendly neighborhood car accessory store - Car cosmetics, Mysore.

Front wiper : 24" & 18"
Rear wiper : 12"
Brand : Hamaan
Price : Rs. 1000 for all 3 wiper blades put together

Sharing pics of the product I found on the internet for reference. The blade has a red strip which looks cool, I refer to it as the GT variant of wiper blades. Lol
Got the same brand from Shell for Octavia, frameless. I love that red accents
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 19:08   #1395
BHPian

I am experiencing brake fade in my Taigun. This happens when starting to brake at 120 kmph and mostly in the range between 120 to 90 kmph (with half of the pedal pressed). It gets better after pumping a little, but I have noticed it only in the above mentioned range a couple times now, and it is strange. I haven't experienced anything similar in any other car that I have driven.
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed