Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:26   #1441
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Installed this from a local accessory shop for Rs1100/-
Have you noticed increased wind/cabin noise after installing these?
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 21:36   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I got them from VW and yes, the cabin noise has increased.
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:12   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
None of that, I think it deflects wind nicely.
Atharva14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:51   #1444

Hey folks,

Considering ceramic coating on VW Taigun Carbon Steel Grey

Visited 3M outlet in Airoli, Navi Mumbai and was quoted 26k (negotiable) for one year warranty (with couple of free maintenance visits) which includes 2 layers of coat. They dont have any longer warranty product to offer and as per the salesman, all 3 or 5 year warranty products available in the market are pretty much useless since the coat life cannot be that long anyways. He went on to suggest PPF if i was looking for long term treatment with a quote of 480/sqft (which i felt was low, but he showed 3M branded film)

Would appreciate some guidance here -

a. Is one year life standard as explained by him?
b. If so, is 26k reasonable considering it is 3M branded?
c. Should i consider PPF at 480/sqft price point?

If any Taigun owners can share their experience of ceramic coating, will be helpful... thanks.
shridhar11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 19:03   #1445
BHPian

I recently found out, the windshield washer sprays water even with the ignition turned off.
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:56   #1446
BHPian

Lazy Sunday Morning, Pune Mumbai Drive, Started Odo reading just where the highway began (Wakad), ended it at Panvel. Down hill journey and look what the ODO had to do.

1. Speeds from 70-100 didnt affect the efficiency, just that at 70 one would brake lesser and hence better efficiencies.
2. Maximum use of Cruise, even on downhill ghats, kept cruise at 50KMPS and used acce/ brakes at the turns.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220724_115912.jpg  

vinitbarve is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:40   #1447
BHPian

I found out yesterday that the driver footwell has white lighting (dim). Noticed this when I turned off the ambient lighting (overnight driving) and the footwell still was lit. I was not aware that ambient lighting included driver footwell lighting itself.
Osteon206 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 14:26   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
I found out yesterday that the driver footwell has white lighting (dim). I was not aware that ambient lighting included driver footwell lighting itself.
I think this could be the light from VW dongle connected to the OBD port. Do give a look!
Atharva14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 21:42   #1449
BHPian

Hi everyone!
I am politely asking a question and want honest opinion from everyone. I respect everyone's choices as all the people here are well knowledgeable about cars.

So here is my question:
Are the 1.5 TSI models of cars like Taigun/Kushaq/Virtus/Slavia really worth the money and hype??
Especially considering the fact that you can get an XUV700 AX5 turbo petrol automatic for the same price range which IMHO is a larger, more powerful (197bhp), more spacious vehicle? And the icing on the cake is the 5-star Global NCAP.
Please educate me if I am missing any point which proves the superiority of the above mentioned 1.5 TSI models compared to XUV700 turbo petrol.
shauryadabas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 22:36   #1450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauryadabas View Post
So here is my question:
Are the 1.5 TSI models of cars like Taigun/Kushaq/Virtus/Slavia really worth the money and hype??
Especially considering the fact that you can get an XUV700 AX5 turbo petrol automatic for the same price range which IMHO is a larger, more powerful (197bhp), more spacious vehicle? And the icing on the cake is the 5-star Global NCAP.
Please educate me if I am missing any point which proves the superiority of the above mentioned 1.5 TSI models compared to XUV700 turbo petrol.
It depends on what your requirements are, if you want a spacious SUV then the XUV700 is a better choice but if you want a car as a city-runner with occasional bursts on the highway then the Kushaq/Taigun make more sense due to their comparatively compact size.

For the size and engine specs the AX5 variant of the XUV seem VFM but then there are quite a few basic features missing like ACC, Rear parking camera, 4 airbags vs 6 in the top-end VW-Škoda duos, manual IRVM, no cruise control to name a few. But the XUV for sure makes a comeback in the space department.

Engine wise the mStallion and TSI motors are both class leading in their segments.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 26th July 2022 at 22:38.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 22:59   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It depends on what your requirements are, if you want a spacious SUV then the XUV700 is a better choice .. quite a few basic features missing like ACC, Rear parking camera, 4 airbags vs 6 in the top-end VW-Škoda duos, manual IRVM, no cruise control to name a few. But the XUV for sure makes a comeback in the space department.
Thanks for the reply. I think for people who only want and require a small car, it makes sense to go for the Taigun/Kushaq. Other than that, I guess it makes more sense to go for the 700. It’s very true that AX5 misses out on these vital features (especially the 4 vs 6 airbags and a reverse camera), the AX7 solves this issue but again comes at an extra price.
shauryadabas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 11:37   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
It depends on what your requirements are, if you want a spacious SUV then the XUV700 is a better choice but if you want a car as a city-runner with occasional bursts on the highway then the Kushaq/Taigun make more sense due to their comparatively compact size.
Aptly summarized. I was new to cruise control when I purchased Taigun, and now even when I see a reasonable 200-300 m constant speed runway, I go for cruise, to stretch my right leg. Loving it.

I havent driven XUV, but own a 1.5 DSG. 1.5TSI is a beast, you can tail any fast car (like BMW sedans) or effortlessly zip past MGs, Cretas/ XUVs of the world when in an arena on an highway. On relaxed days choose to double up efficiency by being light on brake/ pedal. See my fuel efficiency numbers above. You will be at peace when you drive, the feeling that you have achieved it all.

I never considered large cars, so never really compared XUV/ Safari lower variants of Jeep which had similar budgets.
vinitbarve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:09   #1453
BHPian

Just a quick update on my 1.5 DSG.

It's about 3 months old and has clocked 2100 kms.

Average fuel economy using tankful is about 12.8 kmpl. This is from 100% city driving, mostly sedated.

Car has been pretty lovely generally. Don't want to go through this since the pros have been covered many times here.

The couple of issues i am facing are:

a) Driver side window which has auto up/down feature will stop going up mid way and roll back down. It's very annoying sometimes. The fix for this is to do a soft reset by holding the window switch down for 10 seconds and up for 10 seconds. This fixes it for sometime, but the issue crops back. I have read somewhere that the service guys will replace the window winder(?) don't have the time right now for this but will get it checked and update here.

b) The rear left door's hinge is creeking when we open or close it. This seems like a simple fix. Just a little lubrication and done.

c) Rear right side door rubber beading has come loose from one socket. It's not causing any issues when the operation but just noticed this. Will get it fixed during the next visit.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220626_140759__01.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220626_180955.jpg  

omranga98 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 10:09   #1454
BHPian

The Taigun GT Plus with the 1.5TSI/DSG is a rare combination today. It comes with the motor of a segment above (T-Roc/Karoq, A possible Octavia lower trim?) at the prices of a segment below (Mid Size SUV/Sedan). I just purchased one and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to do the below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
1.5TSI is a beast, you can tail any fast car (like BMW sedans) or effortlessly zip past MGs, Cretas/ XUVs of the world when in an arena on an highway. On relaxed days choose to double up efficiency by being light on brake/ pedal. See my fuel efficiency numbers above. You will be at peace when you drive, the feeling that you have achieved it all.

Would I have purchased any other vehicle at this price point? Also No :-) Nothing else came close.

If you love driving and have a major say in your car purchase decision, go ahead and get one. We dont know how long VW/Skoda will keep giving this combination. Supply is highly constrained for this variant. One fine morning, they may think the 1.0TSI/TC is good enough for the Indian market and discontinue the 1.5TSI/DSG.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:05   #1455
BHPian

The Taigun GT Plus, Kushaq Style 1.5 AT and the Slavia Style 1.5 AT are more or less available off the shelf depending on colour. There is a waiting period only for the Virtus GT and that too for a couple of colours.
I had shown interest in all the 4 and have been getting follow up calls regularly promising quick delivery, good deals, free accessories etc.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed