Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 11:27   #1456
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
The Taigun GT Plus, Kushaq Style 1.5 AT and the Slavia Style 1.5 AT are more or less available off the shelf depending on colour. There is a waiting period only for the Virtus GT and that too for a couple of colours.
I had shown interest in all the 4 and have been getting follow up calls regularly promising quick delivery, good deals, free accessories etc.
The situation may have changed on the ground now.

I had 4 bookings for the Taigun GT Plus with 3 different dealerships here at Bangalore, between Jan-2022 and May-2022 before one of them materialized (May End).

The dealerships just kept saying no allocation of GT Plus variant month after month.
Old 28th July 2022, 11:30   #1457
BHPian

Are these early signs of dwindling demand vs supply ? If this continues for sometime, discounts could get sweeter.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:36   #1458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Are these early signs of dwindling demand vs supply ? If this continues for sometime, discounts could get sweeter.
When demand falls, the deal gets sweeter, more discounts and offers, no waiting and we can get our cars quicker rather than having to wait for months to get a new car.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 21:11   #1459
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
When demand falls, the deal gets sweeter, more discounts and offers, no waiting and we can get our cars quicker rather than having to wait for months to get a new car.
Looking forward to that day! I am eyeing Taigun 1.0 Highline AT however it's little out of my budget at this time. I need some more discount to finalize the deal. If AC issue is also resolved by then it would be an added bonus.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 21:41   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

Question I have is this - is there a DIY solution to stop the creaking/rattling noises from the doors for good?
I had experienced this from my GT TSI days and probably the only rattle (it's more of a rubbing sound of the beading on the pillars/roof I guess) which existed and persisted. Perhaps the beading has become hard in your Taigun but this has been a time honoured Polo issue

I had sourced this product ('Gummi Pflege' Rubber Care Stick) which was well recommended and had good results with periodic application every few months
GeeTee TSI is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 07:18   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
I had experienced this from my GT TSI days and probably the only rattle (it's more of a rubbing sound of the beading on the pillars/roof I guess) which existed and persisted. Perhaps the beading has become hard in your Taigun but this has been a time honoured Polo issue

I had sourced this product ('Gummi Pflege' Rubber Care Stick) which was well recommended and had good results with periodic application every few months
Yes, it is not rattling but the friction noise of rubber strips on rubber strips and/or metal contact surfaces. I don't know if the rubber strips will turn hard in a 9 month old vehicle but for now the ASC has applied a anti-friction tape in the relevant contact areas, as part of a VW campaign they said, and that seems to have fixed the issues, for now.

That product seems to be interesting. I will check it out. Thanks for the link!
Old 31st July 2022, 13:37   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post

But one issue i face is that the one touch up of the driver side window doesn't work properly most of the time - the window rolls up halfway and rolls back down, whenever this happens it happens twice. The third attempt it stops midway, following which the one touch up just gives way, I've got so used to this routine that I don't even attempt one touch up now.

They have done basic setting of the windows multiple times, other than this issue, I'm just loving the car so I've even stopped complaining about this hoping that when the electrically folding ORVM is available anyway the window will get a new motor which should solve the issue.
I don't think you need to get a new window motor. The one touch up/down not working in VWs is quite a common problem. The issue might be due to 2 reasons.
  • Window motor losing calibration due to removal of 12V battery, ECU updates/changes or even sometimes for strange reasons. You can fix the calibration by having the ignition on, close the window completely and then hold the button in close position for few seconds (5s+). Then open the window. And when it is fully open, press and hold the button in open position for few seconds. This should do the trick. If not, repeat the procedure with engine running instead of ignition on.
  • Sometimes the track on either side of window in which the glass moves up and down might be a bit too tight, which triggers the anti-pinch function to trigger, as the resistance felt by the motor is higher than normal. This can be solved by spraying some WD-40 in the tracks.

Good luck with the fix. And mechanics now-a-days are happy changing parts without analyzing the root cause of the problem. Even if the above solutions didn't work, a good reason to change the windows motor should be provided by VW service. Because window motors (as much as they cause calibration problems of not closing properly), theiir failure rates are very minimal.

Last edited by carthick1000 : 31st July 2022 at 13:38.
carthick1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 20:05   #1463

Hi,
Recently got my 6-month inspection done. Told them about the Ac tripping. The service manager acknowledged the issue and said they have not received any update from VW. But he said they are replacing the AC gas and did so in my car too. The service manager said that the AC trips for 30 secs, and should come back on thereafter, else he said, and I quote "Thoda race de dena". I don't drive in peak traffic so I have not faced this issue as much as some others.

Rest everything works fine. The clutch travel is slightly long and it took me a while to get the seat position right.

A funny thing is that the jio dongle connects to my phone, but it does not show up on the ICE screen. The service guy called up someone else, and he confirmed that this is how it is! The ICE takes internet from the phone and the phone connects to the dongle! Anyone else discussed this issue with their service managers?
Happy driving!

Last edited by Aditya : 5th August 2022 at 21:40. Reason: Typos
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 21:56   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjanKatna View Post
Told them about the Ac tripping. The service manager acknowledged the issue and said they have not received any update from VW. But he said they are replacing the AC gas and did so in my car too.
Yes, they have started acknowledging. Was this VW Frontier?
Old 5th August 2022, 21:58   #1465

VW Delhi West, Moti Nagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Yes, they have started acknowledging. Was this VW Frontier?

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2022 at 16:20. Reason: Capitalisation
Old 5th August 2022, 23:24   #1466
BHPian

Does the 1.5 L model also have AC issues ?
Old 7th August 2022, 14:53   #1467
BHPian

Has anyone faced this issue with their Taigun's ACC? When it's drizzling/raining, the windshield mists up and when you start the defogger, the air flow at the center of the dashboard is cut off. This might be intended behavior.

But when the defogger is switched off, the airflow doesn't resume from the central vents even after a few minutes. I had to do a power cycle on the AC to get the airflow in the central vents again. This happened a few days ago and is the second time I have faced the issue.

Has anyone else observed this?

Last edited by asmr : 7th August 2022 at 14:59. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 7th August 2022, 23:37   #1468
BHPian

Coming from the Polo GT TSI DSG 1.2L, would 1.0L Topline AT Torque converter be considered a downgrade?
Will the power be enough and also do we feel the lag during gear shifts ?

As the 1.0 Topline AT gets all the features of GT plus and couple extra(ventilated seats , TPMS). Was wondering if I can make do with it if vehicle is mostly used in city.

Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:44   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Does the 1.5 L model also have AC issues ?
I am based in Bangalore, and I havent noticed any issues regarding the AC. But you do have to keep it below 23 degrees for the cooling to be proper.

If you stay in a hotter city, the temperature will probably need to be kept even lower.
Old 9th August 2022, 12:48   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Coming from the Polo GT TSI DSG 1.2L, would 1.0L Topline AT Torque converter be considered a downgrade?
Will the power be enough and also do we feel the lag during gear shifts ?

As the 1.0 Topline AT gets all the features of GT plus and couple extra(ventilated seats , TPMS). Was wondering if I can make do with it if vehicle is mostly used in city.

Thanks
I would suggest to take a test drive of both and then take a decision. The 1.0TSI and the 1.5TSI are completely different animals and have their own characteristics. I upgraded to a Taigun GT Plus from a Polo 1.2MPI, so I feel as if I in a different league altogether now.

Your upgrade from a 1.2TSI to a 1.5TSI may not feel like too much of an upgrade, and 1.0TSI may actually feel like a downgrade. There are folks on this forum who mirror this observation.

Take a test drive of both, and decide then.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks