Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 15:24   #376
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post
But stay away from the 1.4 TSI variants of the Q3, A3 and A4 as the 1.4 TSI is a garbage in terms of reliability. There are some videos saying that the 1.4 TSI is unreliable. Also stay away from the Q3 and A3 as they are entry level models and are built on the TROC's platform. They feel like a VW rather than an Audi.
I am not sure which videos you are referring to. I personally own Golf Mk7 with 1.4 TSI 125PS engine. The car is 5.5 years old with 72000 kms odo. No complaints or breakdowns until now ‚touchwood‘. Same platform doesn’t mean same cars (although MQB Golf and TRoc are still premium to drive & feel). I think you have to personally sit and experience in both VW and Audi back to back to tell whether they are same or different. My friend owns A3 8V sedan with same 1.4 TSI 125 PS and I have driven it extensively. A3 is much superior in luxury, materials, sporty driving feel, etc. in comparison with a VW with same engine & power but loses out in interior space and boot. In my experience, 1.4 TSI is a small engine but very nice, refined & reliable engine. Even though in paper the power is 125PS, I feel it like a 160PS engine when driven in power band.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:34   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'll say the twins should manage 6000ish units combined, but not individually.
I feel that a consumer in this segment is more informed, and relies more on online platform reviews as compared to say someone who's buying a 10L car.

With Kushaq EPC issues becoming so frequent, I feel even a combined 6000 units look too stretched. VW should aim for a realistic 800-1200 units after 6 months of launch.
Not just XUV7OO and Astor, the Koreans are not going to give up their market share so easily and can easily respond with lower variants offering Auto boxes(missing in Creta) and panoramic sunroofs(missing in Seltos). Who'd believe that creta/seltos sales are actually limited by their production.
Old 6th September 2021, 16:39   #378
BANNED

I say about 2000 combined for Kushaq + Taigun after the honeymoon period is over. Triple digits each.

Competition is heating up in this price range and customers aren't paying attention to overpriced cars with limited engine and transmission options. In the 10-17L price band, we (will soon) have:
- Creta
- Seltos
- Alcazar
- Astor
- XUV700
- Sonet (high end)
- Nexon (high end)
- top variants of other sub-4m SUVs
- Hector
- Hector Plus
- Safari
- Harrier

I'm including sub-4m SUVs as competition because the VW group twins aren't offering anything unique.
- They don't have size/presence
- They don't have engines
- They don't have transmissions
- They don't have the technology
- They don't have reliability
- They don't have sales and service networks

Kia have 7 engine-transmission combinations with the Seltos. it's not the segment leader for no reason.

Good luck achieving 4 digit monthly sales for a petrol-only hatchback.
MaheshY1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 16:57   #379
BHPian

Re: Specification comparison - Taigun | Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin84 View Post
Can you please provide some more details as to why do you think Seltos is a better buy as compared to Kushaq ...
I am also in the market for a new car and currently waiting for Taigun launch before taking a final call ...
Note: I am comparing Seltos HTX IVT vs Kushaq Ambition AT. Without EW, Kushaq is costing 16L & Seltos 16.5L on road (pre-price revision).

I found Seltos better with respect to:
Interior quality - quality of plastics used.
More space (although marginal)
Felt I am getting more space & features for the price

I am guessing Taigun will be priced higher than Kushaq and have the similar set of limitations. I hope I am wrong.
aayusht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 17:12   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
I am not sure which videos you are referring to. I personally own Golf Mk7 with 1.4 TSI 125PS engine. The car is 5.5 years old with 72000 kms odo. No complaints or breakdowns until now ‚touchwood‘. Same platform doesn’t mean same cars (although MQB Golf and TRoc are still premium to drive & feel). I think you have to personally sit and experience in both VW and Audi back to back to tell whether they are same or different. My friend owns A3 8V sedan with same 1.4 TSI 125 PS and I have driven it extensively. A3 is much superior in luxury, materials, sporty driving feel, etc. in comparison with a VW with same engine & power but loses out in interior space and boot. In my experience, 1.4 TSI is a small engine but very nice, refined & reliable engine. Even though in paper the power is 125PS, I feel it like a 160PS engine when driven in power band.
Actually, I heard the bad reliability of the 1.4 TSI from Scotty Kilmer by this video.

I guess the 125 PS might be reliable but the 140PS might not be reliable though.

But hey thanks for telling me about this. I actually heard from some that the A3 and the Q3 feels like a VW. Many people in youtube say that.
Old 7th September 2021, 08:56   #381
BHPian

The guy is simply speculating about the reliability of the engine. Yes, in theory, if the timing belt fails, the damage will be catastrophic. However, there have not been any issues reported so far. I have this exact engine on my US spec. 2019 Golf. It has a 115,000 km warranty. I'm not worried.

As most people know, VW's are great to drive but can become costly to maintain after 100,000km/7 years. That is part of the deal with owning German cars. If you consider your car as an appliance, dont get one of these cars. If you enjoy driving, German cars are often worth the extra maintenance.

Quote:
Actually, I heard the bad reliability of the 1.4 TSI from Scotty Kilmer by this video.
https://Youtu.be/--NFns_Wbu8

I guess the 125 PS might be reliable but the 140PS might not be reliable though.

But hey thanks for telling me about this. I actually heard from some that the A3 and the Q3 feels like a VW. Many people in Youtube say that.
goacom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 10:42   #382
BHPian

Quote:
All interference engines, no matter what car they are on, will have catastrophic failure if the timing belt fails.

Why do they still make them then? This is done to maximise the compression ratio which leads to higher combustion efficiency.
Old 7th September 2021, 12:45   #383
BHPian

I have a feeling the Taigun may sell only around 3,000 units per month at best.
Sales & After Sales Service will play a major role too.
Considering the current issues with the Skoda Kushaq, there are chances a lot of the potential informed buyers may only go for it after some time. And I will suggest doing the same as well. If you are looking to buy Taigun then please wait for a few months after its launch. This freshly baked India-specific product may have troubles like its cousin. However, I will still hope VW will get a winner here.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:56   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarSprit_ssk View Post
Congratulations !
I got my Troc white delivered July and I am loving it. It’s unfortunate that it’s missing out on some features when compared to 2020 Troc, but still I would recommend It. .
Have you seen the new red color they have introduced this year? And don’t forget to get the EW.
CHEERS
Thank you for recommendation. Yes getting EW 4+2 (100k) at Rs. 68,676.
I have a fascination for Blue. So getting the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Yes please. That would be great. I think PPS motors is in Hyderabad if I am not wrong? The colour preference is Red. I am in the same boat about booking between a taigun or T-roc. Have booked the 1.5 Taigun GT in the meanwhile. Thanks again!
Yes PPS is in Hyderabad. Checked out Taigun yesterday and it looks appealing. I felt the structure was also compromised when compared to its brother TRoc. Though both of them overpriced, additional features, safety & build on TRoc incidentally justifies the price difference of 3 lakhs. Finally i came out of confusion.
Enquired about the Red color, they do not have it. Even i didn't come across the Red color in their broucher mentioned below. Are you referring to Energetic Orange?.
SA having availability for Kurkurma Yellow and Black. I can forward his contact if interested.

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/idhub/c...Brochure-2.pdf
Old 7th September 2021, 14:09   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futhead View Post
Thank you for recommendation. Yes getting EW 4+2 (100k) at Rs. 68,676.
I have a fascination for Blue. So getting the same.

Yes PPS is in Hyderabad. Checked out Taigun yesterday and it looks appealing. I felt the structure was also compromised when compared to its brother TRoc. Though both of them overpriced, additional features, safety & build on TRoc incidentally justifies the price difference of 3 lakhs. Finally i came out of confusion.
Enquired about the Red color, they do not have it. Even i didn't come across the Red color in their broucher mentioned below. Are you referring to Energetic Orange?.
SA having availability for Kurkurma Yellow and Black. I can forward his contact if interested.

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/idhub/c...Brochure-2.pdf

Hey thanks for the reply.
So don’t mind my asking, have you finally decided for the Taigun or going for the T-Roc? I will also take the same decision once the Taigun is available for preview here in Gurgaon. I had checked out the Red T-Roc here in the gurgaon showroom of Volkswagen. Attaching the picture. It looked gorgeous. It was the same red which is there in the Polo. Also the on road price of T-Roc here in Gurgaon is 23.75 lakhs Plus Insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-57d7dfaee3d54a3a8de51000f75b176e.jpeg  

helterskelter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:13   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by helterskelter View Post
Hey thanks for the reply.
So don’t mind my asking, have you finally decided for the Taigun or going for the T-Roc? I will also take the same decision once the Taigun is available for preview here in Gurgaon. I had checked out the Red T-Roc here in the gurgaon showroom of Volkswagen. Attaching the picture. It looked gorgeous. It was the same red which is there in the Polo. Also the on road price of T-Roc here in Gurgaon is 23.75 lakhs Plus Insurance.
I’m have zeroed on Troc and taking delivery tomorrow.Fortunately Ravinna Blue was readily available with the dealer as other customer has cancelled his booking. Hence cancelled by Taigun preview and booking as well.
Congratulations on getting availability on colour of your choice. Do you mind sharing the break up of 23.5L in “I Booked my Car” thread by quoting my post.
Old 7th September 2021, 22:39   #387
BHPian

Quote:
I’m have zeroed on Troc and taking delivery tomorrow.Fortunately Ravinna Blue was readily available with the dealer as other customer has cancelled his booking. Hence cancelled by Taigun preview and booking as well.
Congratulations on getting availability on colour of your choice. Do you mind sharing the break up of 23.5L in “I Booked my Car” thread by quoting my post.
I was not able to convey it properly in the previous post. i have already booked the Taigun 1.5 GT. Will take the decision to whether stick to it or go for the T Roc once i go for the preview at the dealer's and check out the Taigun first hand. Got the quote for 23.75 plus insurance for the T roc when i had visited the dealer last week. Hopefully Taigun will meet my expectations, let see!
helterskelter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 07:39   #388
Senior - BHPian

It's a good point that their pay is so high that they can never be competitive in a developing market. So they dropped their standards, or had to? But by this much, nobody could have guessed! Even the spares/servicing costs had astounded my friend who bought the first Vento (And quickly sold it). That was the fastest exit I'd seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
None of the German companies can produce price competitive products in India as their pay is significantly hire. Please Google the Union Salary settlement for Bosch that was fixed in 2018. Your jaws will drop.
Old 8th September 2021, 08:22   #389
BHPian

Quote:
T Roc 2021 price in Haryana

Ex-Showroom : 21,35,000
RTO (8%) : 1,70,800
Insurance : 50,000 ( max)
Misc : 10,000

Total : 23,6600

I dont know why dealer is charging 23.5 lakhs without insurance.

Last year T Roc Gurgaon on road price was 22.2 lakhs
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 09:42   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
T Roc 2021 price in Haryana

Ex-Showroom : 21,35,000
RTO (8%) : 1,70,800
Insurance : 50,000 ( max)
Misc : 10,000

Total : 23,6600

I dont know why dealer is charging 23.5 lakhs without insurance.

Last year T Roc Gurgaon on road price was 22.2 lakhs
There should be a 1% TCS as well in your quotation.

Most Viewed