Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 10:39   #691
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by casnov View Post
Looking at the insurance prices listed in the price lists posted here. Did a quick search on Policy Bazaar for insurance for Bangalore at IDV value of 21 lacs.

Attachment 2212688
Taigun highest variant has ex-showroom of 17.5L, ~21L is on-road which should not be considered for IDV.

I got quote of Rs 54k for Taigun 1.5 DSG from ICICI Lombard. Below things are included:
IDV = 1662405 (= 17,49,900 - 5%)
Zero dep + engine protect + RSA + consumables cover + return to invoice
+ 3 year 3rd party
- Compulsory PA Cover for Owner Driver (as I have own insurance for > 15L)
Old 29th September 2021, 18:10   #692
BHPian

I though this was an interesting read for folks trying to understand the DSG transmission worries in the Taigun. A lot of discussions and anxiety on this is seen in multiple forums.

This article covers the DQ200 also.

https://www.eco-torque.co.uk/post/vw...arbox-problems

Content courtesy : www.eco-torque.co.uk
Old 29th September 2021, 18:16   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
-- for folks trying to understand the DSG transmission worries in the Taigun. A lot of discussions and anxiety on this is seen in multiple forums.
The anxiety seems to be relatively less in DSG, now the latest is the anxiety in the 'EPC' issue!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 18:26   #694
BHPian

I wonder if someone has collated these recent EPC error codes to see if they are from a common source or atleast closely related. That would have helped us understand the seriousness better.

Last edited by CLIX : 29th September 2021 at 18:38.
Old 29th September 2021, 18:43   #695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The anxiety seems to be relatively less in DSG, now the latest is the anxiety in the 'EPC' issue!
DSG is the possibility of 2-3 breakdowns in 10 years, of which the 7 year (standard + extended) warranty will hopefully help to a large extend. EPC is the possibility of 2-3 breakdowns in the first month or two itself.

EPC + DSG = A flatbed's dream come true. Both short and long term business.

Now that Zac Hollis says the fuel pump issue is fully resolved, but EPC errors could also arise from multiple factors - I guess we can't rule out such issues in Taigun too. All eyes are on the VW once the deliveries start.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 09:45   #696
BHPian

Taigun GT+ Silver Color, Yes it has the red inserts in this shade too.

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:25   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Taigun GT+ Silver Color, Yes it has the red inserts in this shade too.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=QZXxUX9v2uc
Taigun in silver looks awesome. Sharp lines enhance silver colour. I am not a fan of red colour dashboard which looks tacky. Reminds me of old Figo’s ugly brown dashboard.
Old 30th September 2021, 11:04   #698
BHPian

Yesterday I took the test drive of the Taigun 1.0 at. Wanted to book the car but the dealer vw navi mumbai is not letting us take our own insurance and is also not ready to price match other insurance companies. Also they are charging ₹8000 logistics charges. This was a big let down. I am a vento owner which I wanted to exchange. They first offered me 1lac for my 1.6tdi vento 2011 model but after showing them quotation from true value they raised the offer to 1.75lac.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-1df94df0b94247f39f380a6cc4c4def3.jpeg  

nawabnabeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:27   #699
BHPian

Had a look at Taigun today at VW Deccan, LB Nagar when I came here for some work.

My initial impressions were:

1. Build quality felt decent, if not better than Seltos, but not close to T-Roc and Vento in this department, which I felt more solid.

2. The rear seat felt decent and has decent under thigh support as well as leg space, which I felt much better than T-Roc, which has poor under thigh support and legroom and Taigun was close to Creta/Seltos in terms of rear seat legroom and underthigh support.

Comparison of rear leg space between Taigun, T-Roc and Seltos. First pic is Taigun while second one is Seltos and third one is T-Roc
Volkswagen Taigun Review-09799d07b471402e9f2ea0eeb3f5fadc.jpeg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-513bf306430348ef9b0fbd182b777af7.jpeg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-f82b816318514a488d3a400bb9a20ac0.jpeg

I wanted to TD this car in 1.0 TSI AT guise but dealer told me to come later as the TD vehicle went out it seems and TD vehicles of 1.5 TSI DSG will be available in few days as per the SA.

Will TD both soon when I go that side again and post the impressions post TD.

Overall, Taigun felt decent in terms of rear seat legroom and under thigh support as well as build but I’ll stretch the budget and go for T-Roc just for its build quality though both has same 1.5 EVO TSI engine. But, in Taigun, my pick would be 1.0 TSI AT as it’ll suffice our strict city usage as DSG is known for its issues though more powerful when compared to 1.0 TSI AT.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-eea4f6c7579140bdbdd35be9b127b182.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-be68908c172b48b3aea030c3eba098a7.jpeg  

car_guy1998 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:57   #700

To the potential Taigun buyers here, what is the popular colour choice for all of you ? I saw the curcuma yellow in the flesh and I liked it. I thought it will be a a in your face color but its actually pleasant and shows the lines our very well. This was all good until I saw the carbon steel in some videos and now now I am confused. I know this is a very subjective choice but like to get your opinion
sreenath13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:11   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenath13 View Post
I know this is a very subjective choice but like to get your opinion
Mr perspective on colour. Have seen all of them in showroom and driven gray colour under sunlight.
  • Cherry red looks good. Darker red should be easier on eyes. If taken care will age well.
  • Yellow looks striking willl attract lot of attention. TROC with the same colour in my area turns lot of heads.
  • Silver looked elegant and will be lot easier to maintain.
  • Gray didn't look as striking under the sun. It seemed different than gray paint than kushaq.
  • White colour haven't seen in person. No comment.

I had booked for Gray colour, but would have picked up Cherry Red.

For colour choices, I would recommend you to personally go and check in person at showroom rather than relying on videos. Also do consider how much effort you are willing to invest to keep it in slick form.
CircleOfLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:58   #702
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
[*]Gray didn't look as striking under the sun. It seemed different than gray paint than kushaq.
Carbon Steel doesn't seem to suit the chrome-laden Taigun as well as it did the Kushaq -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633072960561.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633072964471.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 13:36   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Yesterday I took the test drive of the Taigun 1.0 at. Wanted to book the car but the dealer vw navi mumbai is not letting us take our own insurance and is also not ready to price match other insurance companies. Also they are charging ₹8000 logistics charges. This was a big let down. I am a vento owner which I wanted to exchange. They first offered me 1lac for my 1.6tdi vento 2011 model but after showing them quotation from true value they raised the offer to 1.75lac.
May I ask what is this Corporate Registration Charge?

Also, why is it higher than the Individual Registration?
Old 1st October 2021, 14:14   #704
BHPian

Guys - Finally have gone ahead with my pre-booking, as our companion for next decade arrived yesterday - driving with a temporary registration for few days, before I go all out and enjoy it fully.

Have been looking for the car for 2 years (my 9 year old Ritz was ageing, Ritz will surely achieve Nirvana with its right Karma/ ownership experience ).

Wanted a car larger than a hatchback and smaller than a SUV. Started with Jazz/ Venue/ Sonnet/ Seltos/ TROC/ Kushaq and finally decided on Taigun.

Test drove TROC earlier this year and zeroed on 1.5-DSG combination. Waited for Kushaq, lack of 6 airbags killed the deal, pre-booked the Taigun. Launching Taigun at 17.49 and test drive last week sealed the deal.

Initial observations

It has a Auto Engine on off - When the car halts temporarily at traffic signals, the engine switches off (rest all AC/Music system remains on though), and it switches back once we release the foot off the brake or move the steering.

Assuming there is risk of start-stop mechanism wearing off due to frequent usage turned the feature off. Read about this last night and learnt that it is perfectly ok to keep it on, engine parts are not compromised with this feature. Will be good to get a geeky feedback on how to optimize use of this feature.

Now eagerly looking forward to upcoming road trips
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20210930_130037-002.jpg  

vinitbarve is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:16   #705
BHPian

TD’ed the Taigun 1.0 TSI AT today and here are my observations:

1.0 TSI AT felt good to drive and has a decent pull as well and best for city usage.

I felt the horn in this one awful and sounded like Toyota. Missing that VW feel.

That steering is good to hold though

The traction control is located on the HU screen

And the car I drove was Highline version, which misses out on bling like sunroof, 17 inch wheels, push button start and others

As I mentioned in the above post, the build quality is decent and can feel heaviness from the doors but not as good as Vento and T-Roc and the sheet thickness of Taigun is 0.6 while Polo’s is 0.8 as per my SA. Is it true? Experts please confirm about this.

Overall, I felt the 1.0 TSI AT good to drive and it’ll be my pick if the car is driven within the city limits most of the time and it’s suitable for the people, who doesn’t care much about the performance. But, still I’d go for Vento TSI as I’m getting a handsome discount of ₹1.7L or I’d save the money and get Polo GT TSI.

I feel Highline version is VFM although it misses out on bling.

Most Viewed