Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 21:59   #736
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Had a chance to TD Taigun today. The one I TD'ed is the top model 1.0 Ltr TSI. My observations below.

1. Looks great in all the angles and front is imposing too. Able to see the length and breadth of the bonnet.
2. Sturdily built like any other Volkswagen
3. The TSI motor was very eager to revv and there was no lag. Passed our 2nd gear test with out any fuss.
4. Tilt and Reach steering was really useful.
5. It was really silent inside but very noisy outside. Never heard a Petrol engine sound so noisy. 3 Cylinder thrum?
6. Ergonomics were spot on.
7. Front seats were really comfy. Side bolsters keeps you intact in some deep cornering.
8. LED head lights were good and bright.
9. Suspension in on the softer side and the little undulation and a medium sized potholes were not felt. Used to feel them in my Jazz and in Volvo S60.
10. Meek horn, should have got the regular trumpets
11. Ventilated seats were good.
12. I liked the overall dashboard design. Clutter free just like Honda. I hate buttons everywhere.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:52   #737
BHPian

People finding MG Astor German and VW Taigun Chinese. Link - https://www.carblogindia.com/mg-asto...igun-interior/

I seem to agree. Have seen Kushaq not Taigun, found interior quality much flimsy, cheap and inferior to general VW levels. Acceptable if you are buying a Maruti but definitely not VW. Probably out of two USPs of Germans(Driving Dynamics and Solid lasting built quality) only driving dynamics is left in their favour in mass market at least.

Always noticed that any products that is localised for production in India( not restricted to cars only) the quality comes down. Wherein if we are partnering with a foreign manufacturing firm with better quality and technology, our game should also go up. Sadly that doesn't happen mostly.
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:11   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
quick question here - does your Taigun service manual mandate the use of 95RON fuel
The inside of the fuel door says: RON 95, Min. 91
Newtown is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 08:26   #739
BHPian

What all gets covered in the Servi Value Pack (SVP) for Taigun? Is it worth taking at start?
Old 8th October 2021, 21:02   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarpotdar View Post
What all gets covered in the Servi Value Pack (SVP) for Taigun? Is it worth taking at start?
I'd recommend waiting to buy it. The SVP can be bought any time before the first oil change service. The 5 year superior value pack seems to be the one to go for but will need to do an analysis comparing what's on offer in that pack versus the service calculator on thr VW website.
Old 9th October 2021, 12:22   #741
BHPian

Got info that VW has brought together 2 big dealers of Hyderabad to have a mega Taigun delivery ceremony in Ramoji Film City. Got few snaps from the event to be conducted later today!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211009-10.41.55-am.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211009-10.41.56-am.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211009-10.41.55-am-1.jpeg  

RaghuVis is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 14:13   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Got info that VW has brought together 2 big dealers of Hyderabad to have a mega Taigun delivery ceremony in Ramoji Film City. Got few snaps from the event to be conducted later today!
The way VW are spending so much money on launch events and marketing, it makes me wonder is this the reason for compromises on features and overall build quality? Did the VW management prioritise marketing costs over the actual value of the car by cutting costs on the product itself?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th October 2021 at 20:58. Reason: Typo
Old 9th October 2021, 14:37   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
quick question here - does your Taigun service manual mandate the use of 95RON fuel (just like the Kushaq) ?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5163333 (Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems)

VW's owner Manual for my old 2012 Polo MPI was already recommending EN228 Standard (95RON):

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20211009_142542.jpg
Old 9th October 2021, 17:04   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
This event was planned a long way back. When I had booked vehicle it was communicated that 100 cars will be delivered in a grand ceremony at Ramoji. It’s already raining today. Not sure how many of these 100 folks would be happy to take delivery in rain.

It’s a huge logistical effort. Ramoji is not near to any of the service centers either.Were the cars offloaded at Ramoji and PDI was done there? How did they ensure proper PDI was done.

I personally would avoid taking delivery in such conditions. Remember covid is still around. One never knows.

Would say this clear and Loud it’s a irresponsible act which could have been avoided. Not sure what the management of these companies are smoking now a days.

Remember that in a interview Ashish Gupta claimed that there is big chunk of 8000 crores is also marked for marketing.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 09:42   #745
Team-BHP Support

For those confused between the silver and white colour options -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633839004091.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fb_img_1633839013017.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:05   #746
Senior - BHPian

The Volkswagen Taigun has received 16,000 bookings since the launch.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20211011_150233.jpg

Quote:
The Volkswagen Taigun compact SUV arrived in India in the last week of September, and at the time VW had told us that the Taigun had 12,221 bookings pre-launch
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:40   #747
BHPian

I visited VW Lucknow showroom yesterday to TD Taigun GT, I wanted to check the manual one but unfortunately the TD car available was only for DSG(GT+). So I decided to take the DSG for a spin, few observations from my experience of the car:

1. Exterior paint quality shouts perfect VAG and panel gaps are uniform as expected.
2. Interior is well put together except the roof liner, even my Polo has it better.
3. Rear bucket seating is very comfortable and best suited for 4 adults and a kid.
4. Infotainment system is very responsive and crisp, I did not find any lag but audio output could be better.
5. Digital cockpit though looked not so well in pictures, in person it looks something one can live with and good (TROC one looks much better).
6. The red ambient lighting reminds you of the more powerful heart under the hood.
7. Bonnet, Boot and Front doors have good amount of heft, the flex being reported in the fenders is more to do with safety norms. In short, car no way felt like it has been compromised on safety to make it cost effective (which it isn't).

The DRIVE:

1. The 1.5 TSI is very addictive TBH, I saw in reviews that people feel that it was tuned to perform in a linear way but atleast I found the engine to be very responsive and torquey.
2. DSG though is infamous still seems the best the competition has to offer, the smooth and lighting fast shifts are a driver delight.
3. Ride and handling balance as everyone has reported seems the best in its class, I did find the steering to be lighter than my Polo but in general it is precise and better than Koreans.

I came back pretty impressed and would wait for VW to launch the manual variant of the GT+ and then proceed with my booking. Hopefully this will happen by next year mid and small issues of roof liners, exposed sunroof mechanicals and better wiper setup would also be fixed.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:23   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun Bookings Cross 16,000 Mark.

Quote:
let's not forget the storm created by the over 50,000 bookings the Mahindra XUV700 has taken in – within just two days of its bookings being thrown open – things may not look as blockbuster.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th October 2021 at 16:24.
Old 11th October 2021, 19:00   #749
BHPian

VW India needs to learn a lot from Mahindra’s marketing department. 50000 bookings in 2 days. It’s better for VAG group to poach marketing people from Mahindra than learning because they never seem to learn anything.
Old 12th October 2021, 20:05   #750

Test drove the Kushaq 1.5 AT & the Taigun 1.5 AT back to back today.
Had driven the Astor 1.3 Turbo a couple of days back.

Sharing some of my observations -

• The ride quality/ suspension of the Kushaq seemed much more comfortable. While driving the Taigun over bumps/ rumble strips & small breakers, could feel the vibrations in a much more pronounced way. On mentioning the same to the VW Sales advisor seated next to me, he said that is how it is with VW, ie a stiffer ride. I found it a bit too stiff esp in comparison to the Kushaq.
  • I somehow found the Turbo lag in the Taigun to be more pronounced, while the Kushaq seemed to offer more linear power.
  • Having driven the Astor 1.3 turbo a couple of days, i found both the Kushaq & Taigun to be significantly superior in terms of the power, responsiveness & super fun to drive.
  • The Taigun definitely scores above the Kushaq in terms of the interiors, the digital instrument cluster & the overall finishing. Astor being much better than the other 2 though.
  • Kushaq's ventilated seats are a big plus in the heat. Though the continuous hissing of the air was a slight irritant.
  • Kushaq seemed to have a much better music system Vs the Taigun. Taigun seemed to offer really very basic audio output.
  • The 2 cylinders switching off while having stopped on traffic lights was clearly perceptible & seemed as of the car had shut down. Though on slight push of the accelerator they were back up. Similar on both the cars, but clearly perceptible in terms of vibrations & slightly disquieting to me.
  • Not commenting on the boot space & rear seat comfort, as they are not of significance to me.
  • Taigun's ugly yellow was a turn off, they did not have a Grey, which is what i feel will look the best
  • Kushaq's stance makes it look the closest to the ground with a lesser presence as compared to both Taigun & Astor
  • Except Astor, the other 2 cars though do not come across as 20L cars, esp from the interiors/ hard plastics. For me they are in the consideration set only because of the good engine & lack of options in Sedans in the 15-20L range.

Due to the limited supply of cars (chip issues), both Skoda & VW are able to present a decent face, however in normal circumstances, their managements would have been under huge pressure, if there was no supply constraint.
Am hoping for the discounts to increase on Kushaq (30-50K currently) & start on Taigun in the next 2-3 months & will probably book at that time.
As per the sales assistants, both Kushaq & Taigun are available for delivery in 7-20 days depending on the color.
tj112 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks