Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 15:53   #811
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

What is the general delivery timeline dealers are giving? I am planning to book a Taigun in 1.0 TSI Topline trim in the next few days but my dealer (Lko) is quoting a timeline of 2 months (tentatively). My preferred color choice is Reflex Silver or Carbon Steel. I also reached out to VW Safdurjung in Delhi and they were ready to give me a car in the third week of Nov. It is too much of a hassle which I am unwilling to take unless would have booked with them
Old 1st November 2021, 16:19   #812
BHPian

All this talk of Taigun getting sold out for this year becomes obsolete when sales figures are shared every month. Both Skoda and VW are sharing the same factory for new cars and they don't have much production capacity currently.

Sales figures for October for VW and Skoda as below:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20211101-4.16.51-pm.png  

Old 1st November 2021, 16:33   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
What is the general delivery timeline dealers are giving? I am planning to book a Taigun in 1.0 TSI Topline trim in the next few days but my dealer (Lko) is quoting a timeline of 2 months (tentatively).
Not sure there is a good answer out there my friend.

Here's what I heard.

Delivery timeline before you book..... till you book. : 2 to 3 weeks.

After you have booked, when you follow up and no one responds and you finally mail VW. "... happy to inform you that the waiting period for your booking is expected to be 2 to 3 MONTHS... "

CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 16:37   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Not sure there is a good answer out there my friend.
Damn! Doesnt the dealer give the date in writing at the time of booking ?
Old 1st November 2021, 18:10   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Damn! Doesn't the dealer give the date in writing at the time of booking ?
There are very few dealer/SA who are genuinely giving info these days. They will tell you lower waiting times just to get the booking and later blame it on chip shortage or demand.
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:47   #816
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun waiting period is now over 2 months

According to Volkswagen, there has been a strong demand for the Taigun and as a result, the waiting period for the car is now more than 2 months, depending on the variant.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-new-volkswagen-taigun-1.jpg

Volkswagen has received over 18,000 bookings for the Taigun since its launch. In October 2021, the carmaker registered close to 50% growth in overall sales volumes compared to the same month last year.

The Taigun is based on the MQB A0-IN platform that is shared with Skoda Kushaq. Prices range from Rs. 10.50 lakh to Rs. 17.50 (ex-showroom) for the GT Line Plus trim

It is available with two turbo-petrol engine options. These include a 1.0-litre TSI that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm as well as a 1.5-litre TSI that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm.

The 1.0L engine comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission while the latter gets a 7-speed DSG option. A 6-speed manual gearbox is available as standard with both engines.

Link to Team-BHP News
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:30   #817
Senior - BHPian

Managed to follow a silver one on the way home from work. And i swear the turn signals on this one aren't even obvious in peak daylight. Its not even the size of my finger.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 18:45   #818
BHPian

Below is snippet of mail received from VW dealership. if the existing demand is sustained 2022 is surely going to see price hike soon. Current prices were introductory as quoted by Ashish Gupta.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-10e11eb71b2849b2a58f696f95f43df6.jpeg  

Old 2nd November 2021, 18:49   #819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Managed to follow a silver one on the way home from work. And i swear the turn signals on this one aren't even obvious in peak daylight. Its not even the size of my finger.
I too had the opportunity to see the car in action in Hyderabad. I have to completely agree on the indicators. I had some expectations given the back look of the car, but this shattered them all. One would have to be very attentive when behind.
Old 3rd November 2021, 00:26   #820

That is really bad. But usually VAG dealerships are good. But the Taigun and its counterpart Kushak are having a lot of issues even from the showroom so maybe your stars saved you from a headache.
All the best on which ever car you end with
Old 3rd November 2021, 11:12   #821
BHPian

Writing a TEAMBHP post after a good 2-3month break.

I got myself a T-Roc in Sep 2021 (more out of desperation post agonizingly waiting for Tiguan to launch). More on this in T-Roc thread (coming soon).

Recently, was at service center here in Pune for first month service of T-ROC which has an adjacent showroom from where I had picked up my car.

I wanted to checkout Taigun but it was morning 10-10:30am and the showroom was yet not open and I couldn't find any staff, but only the maintenance team wiping the floors.

I asked the maintenance team if he was ok for me to checkout Taigun displayed in showroom, and he gladly welcomed me.

Coming to my view of spending 10 mins touching and feeling Taigun- GT 1.5 DSG-
  • Looked liked a mini Tiguan and was almost similar in dimension to my T-ROC maybe slightly less width (this maybe just my perception, I do not have actual dimension information).
  • Touched and opened the front door and it felt heavy almost like my T-ROC may be slightly lighter but had the thud. I was confused why the people were questioning about built quality? It didn't seemed bad to me especially when compared to Honda City or a Hyundai Creta (no offense to respective owners, just my observation).
  • Next I did the same thing with Rear door and I was hit by reality and my confusion was answered. In comparison to front driver side door, the rear door felt like being built using a single sheet of metal, an I was shocked VW could do that to us.
  • I opened the rear boot, and found it built exactly similar to the rear door. I struggle lifting the rear boot lid of my T-Roc, just because of the weight and this felt flimsy.
  • Interior linings and plastics felt cheap simply lacked any premium feeling that Ashish Gupta has been shouting over the roof.

To summarize, I felt VW are simply down to cheating the Indian consumers, especially their niche customer base who look at VW for their strong built quality, fit and finish and driving dynamics, with these cheap made in India product. I see them confused about their own strategy on what they really want to achieve- Talk about offering Premium Product at premium pricing by offering a substandard product that I am sure is not even built this way for global market.

I don't think any of their products world wide would be carrying such non-sense quality not even Polo in India or Up globally.

Someone needs to beat the sense out of the management who ended up with such product development decision.

Somehow, I have started feeling that investing in VW T-ROC by paying much higher premium seems all worth it as it definitely seems like a much much better built car in all expects and truly a global product.

Avoid this product, it's not worth it and to me it's not a true VW product that I am fan of.
cloudno19 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 23:31   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
To summarize, I felt VW are simply down to cheating the Indian consumers, especially their niche customer base who look at VW for their strong built quality, fit and finish and driving dynamics, with these cheap made in India product. I see them confused about their own strategy on what they really want to achieve- Talk about offering Premium Product at premium pricing by offering a substandard product that I am sure is not even built this way for global market.

I don't think any of their products world wide would be carrying such non-sense quality not even Polo in India or Up globally.

Someone needs to beat the sense out of the management who ended up with such product development decision.

Somehow, I have started feeling that investing in VW T-ROC by paying much higher premium seems all worth it as it definitely seems like a much much better built car in all expects and truly a global product.

Avoid this product, it's not worth it and to me it's not a true VW product that I am fan of.

Agree with most of the points on some interior quality but hey 18000 booking by cheating Indian customers? Either the management has done a fantastic job or this still has perceived valued among the buyers. Which customer buys the car without seeing? So if you it's cheating then it's exaggerated reaction.

Same model will be exported to select countries. I don't think Germans here are ever confused on the strategy part. They will milk the product as long they can. It's not all that bad as pointed out also do consider TCO of Tiagun vs TROC over 5 years. Hard plastics are same between TROC and Taigun. Back space Taigun hold a edge over TROC. Both get the same engine. Difference in sheet metal is evident but unless one has very domain specific experience we are just speculating on if this impacts the safety aspect of the vehicle.

This vehicle will also see a incremental upgrade and address the issues in interiors. Volkswagen has always done the same. Infact if you haven't seen the Polo or Vento from the initial launch to the current gent in market you will notice difference here also. As localization has increased so did the perceived quality has changed.

Having owned 5 cars from VW group and when i looked at Taigun there is definitely cost cutting in interiors, but hey when you drive it that is where you form all the right opinions on any car.
CircleOfLife is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 16:59   #823
BHPian

Anyone here can share any information or insight on the chances of VW bringing more variants or even adding features to the existing variants?

Skoda just added 6 airbags to the 1.5 variant. The one variant in the Taigun line-up that begs for more features is the 1.5 MT. Just offering a 6 airbag variant would have been so welcome, if not the full fledged Topline there or even some select features.

I understand they did that to keep the 1.5 MT affordable. But it's a pity that those who want the excellent 1.5 TSI need to either take chances with the DSG transmission or put up with the modestly featured MT at nearly Rs.20 lacs OTR.

Also, anyone knows of any VW plans to fix the interiors quality concerns in subsequent batches? Assume that will only happen in the 2022 lot which could see an increase in prices.
Old 4th November 2021, 17:05   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
[*]Touched and opened the front door and it felt heavy almost like my T-ROC may be slightly lighter but had the thud.....
[*]Next I did the same thing with Rear door and I was hit by reality ....
[*]I opened the rear boot, and found it ...
It seems incredible that one can form a strong judgment to write a product off, call VW cheats and beat the sense out of management by opening and shutting the doors. Some of it may be true, but these are acrid inferences with seemingly rudimentary tests

Looks like VW/Skoda owners can judge a cars with door thuds, I have recently turned into a VW owner from a Maruti owner, lets see how long it takes me to acquire the skill of judging cars with thuds
vinitbarve is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 17:14   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
It seems incredible that one can form a strong judgment to write a product off, call VW cheats and beat the sense out of management by opening and shutting the doors. Some of it may be true, but these are acrid inferences with seemingly rudimentary tests
Simply adding some friction to the door hinges might be all Maruti needs to do!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks