Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2021, 10:53   #826
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Unverified : Skoda-Volkswagen has started silent replacements of the rear wheel bearing at their dealerships for Kushaqs and Taiguns sold so far.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 11:16   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
2 weeks back I went to the Volkswagen showroom for the 2nd car in the family. Specifically told the executive there that the Car I am looking at is Polo TSI Automatic as its meant for my wife to be used for office and city errands. Still they decided to force the Taigun down my throat and did not even get me a test drive of the vehicle I wanted. All they could talk about was Taigun Taigun Taigun!!!
Absolutely! They just aren't interested in selling anything else. One of the SA's actually mentioned that they've been asked to keep only Taigun on display.

I went in enquiring about the availability and test drive of T Roc, the treatment I received at one of the dealerships was horrendous to say the least. Fortunately, the other dealership in my city was happy to accept the booking, give me a tentative delivery timeline and arrange a test drive for a later date.
Old 6th November 2021, 14:30   #828
BHPian

Took delivery of my Taigun 1.0 TSI Highline MT in Wild Cherry Red color on 02/11/2021 at VW Deccan Hyderabad.

A few pics from PDI and delivery:

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211106-2.11.00-pm.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211106-2.10.58-pm.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211106-2.13.59-pm.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211106-2.11.01-pm.jpeg

The car has run for only 100 odd km so far. Will keep adding to this thread as I drive the car more.
antriksh is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 14:52   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh View Post
Took delivery of my Taigun 1.0 TSI Highline MT in Wild Cherry Red color on 02/11/2021 at VW Deccan
Congratulations on the cherry red colour. Will be looking out for one on the roads with TBHP stickers. Wishing you many happy miles & memories to behold with this beauty.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 14:58   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my Taigun 1.0 TSI Highline MT in Wild Cherry Red color on 02/11/2021 at VW Deccan Hyderabad.

A few pics from PDI and delivery:
Beauty! Colour looks nice! When did you book it? What was your waiting period please?

I heard some folks are "stickering" the chrome that they find excessive. Any similar plans? Or are you happy the way it is? And any clue / discussion about rear wheel bearing replacements?

Buckle up. Drive safe!

Last edited by Aditya : 6th November 2021 at 19:32. Reason: Excess dots, typos, spacing
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th November 2021, 17:06   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Congratulations on the cherry red colour. Will be looking out for one on the roads with TBHP stickers. Wishing you many happy miles & memories to behold with this beauty.
Thanks for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Beauty !! Colour looks nice!
When did you book? What was your waiting period please?
Thanks!
I booked it on 19-Oct with a request for delivery on Dhanteras (02-Nov) which the dealer was able to arrange. The vehicle is Oct-2021 manufactured as per RTO papers (key fob mentions 14-Oct). I was not given a waiting period per se but dealer assured me of delivery by mid-Nov.
Waiting period also depends on the variant. Some variants are available within a month or two while some like Comfortline have longer waiting period.

Quote:
I heard some folks are "stickering" the crome that they find excessive. Any similar plans? Or you'r happy the way it is?
No plans on any sticker job, I like the car in its current form (even with the chrome), so will keep it as it is.

Quote:
And!..... any clue / discussion about rear wheel bearing replacements?
I saw GTO's post on rear wheel bearing replacements. No such intimation from dealer yet, need to check with the dealer.
antriksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 17:11   #832
Senior - BHPian

For everyone asking about delivery timelines, An uncle had booked the Taigun Topline 1.0 AT in Reflex Silver from VW Thane. He booked it on 11/10 and the car was delivered on 3/11. So less than a month from booking to delivery.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 18:41   #833
Senior - BHPian

A Volkswagen Taigun 1.0 Topline AT (Curcuma Yellow) came home on November 2nd 2021.

Car was booked on 10th October. Vehicle arrived at Dealer Yard on 29th October. Did PDI and found everything ok.

While other alternatives were not considered, took multiple test drives of Taigun 1.0 (MT & AT), and the convenience of Auto Gearbox made sure that the variant of choice would be the Topline AT (6 Airbags Option).

Car is very good and has typical Volkswagen traits like Good Build Quality, Fun to Drive, Good Dynamics, Safety to name a few.

While Volkswagen has done few cost cuttings like removing One Touch Up/Down Power Windows, Remote Control Opening and Closing of Windows, Volkswagen Horn etc, they should have retained them since they are differentiating features of Skoda/Volkswagen.

Haven't got a chance to drive due to festive season. Will post update when I get chance to take it on long drive.
CarguyNish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 16:35   #834
BHPian

My cousin got the Taigun 1.0 AT Topline in cherry-red color. Contrary to expectations of many, the dashboard has GREY panels and not red ones. It seems the red panels on dashboard are only on GT variants.
mandarpotdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 19:52   #835

Hello All This is my first post since joining. Would like to share my experience so far with Taigun 1.0L MT topline. Booked it during pre-booking and received delivery at date of choice (2nd November) Upgraded from Polo 1.2L highline (Feb-2015). Images for both below.

Initial impressions from one week of ownership:

1. Build quality is good but still it leaves a room for improvement and VW can take up improving certain alignments and interior fabrics and plastic to meet their classical standards.
2. Drive and comfort are sorted, body roll is non-existent (especially at restrained driving for run-in period).
3. Steering is light but responsive, both me and my wife liked polos steering and found this light but still precise.
4. Clutch travel is still longer but it needs lesser force and more manageable.
5. Bumps are felt lesser than earlier polo but still road feedback is present in appropriate quantity at front seats.
6. Seats are more than adequate for 4 adults and 1 child (travelled 150Km over Diwali) and didn't find single challenge in accomodating all individuals seated in any position. Can travel for short drives for a single day with 5 adults without much difficulty. Once a while long drive also would not be a challenge.
7. Using it for grocery runs is not tedious, gets in and out of praking as easily as a hatchback.
8. Rearview camera gives enough vision to cover incoming traffic from sides as well.
9. Seat cooling although a feature I was not too keen on having is a boon when coming from direct sunlight in afternoon.
10. Sunroof serves the only purpose of getting it, to keep kids entertained
11. Virtual Information cluster provides enough information and sometimes can be distracting (at least initially)
12. VW connect app seems to have issue as Jio dongle is not online since 3rd November, got to know from my SA it's a server issue. Not sure about it though.
13. Tire pressure warning system works as expected and provides alert on excessive pressure drops.
14. Still trying to connect my Android Auto but need to get correct cable first.
15. Sygic maps works like a breeze, has updated information in offline mode and helps to navigate in both 2D and 3D views.

Over-all liked the drive and cruise control was the cherry on the top (pun intended).

More details to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211020wa0012.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211102wa0011.jpg  

tanmay2612 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 20:27   #836
BHPian

Does the Taigun come with dark tinted UV-cut glass like the Polo and Rapid?
Old 8th November 2021, 22:27   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
Hello All This is my first post since joining. Would like to share my experience so far with Taigun 1.0L MT topline.
14. Still trying to connect my Android Auto but need to get correct cable first.
Welcome to Team-BHP Tanmay. Congrats on the Taigun and wish you many happy miles with it.
The Taigun comes with Wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay, so you will not need a cable to connect it, please check again.
antriksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 22:59   #838
BHPian

Hi has anyone got a delivery of 1.5 GT automatic in Gurgaon? I had booked the car in silver colour on 29th august with an initial booking amount of Rs 25000/- and was assured delivery in October but till date no confirmation about delivery. Dealer is Frontier MG Road Volkswagen. I have had a terrible experience with them till now with no communication. I will cancel the booking with them if no communication about delivery date by tomorrow.
Old 8th November 2021, 23:49   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
10. Sunroof serves the only purpose of getting it, to keep kids entertained.
I do hope that your kids are not using the sunroof as a ‘ride the tank turret’ amusement ride. Its a safe hazard and extremely dangerous.
PratikPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 06:34   #840

Quote:
Welcome to Team-BHP Tanmay. Congrats on the Taigun and wish you many happy miles with it.
The Taigun comes with Wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay, so you will not need a cable to connect it, please check again.
Yes I did try that but some issue in connecting the phone in wireless mode. Hence waiting to check in wired mode as I read in Android Auto forums to check that once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
I do hope that your kids are not using the sunroof as a ‘ride the tank turret’ amusement ride. Its a safe hazard and extremely dangerous.
Thank you for the concern. Yes, not opening the sunroof itself while driving to avoid such a thing right now.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th November 2021 at 08:16. Reason: back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks