Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 10:46   #1006
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

How the VW looks with painted side claddings -

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20220113164725_instagram.jpg

Source - The Detailing Mafia, Trivandrum.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:44   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
I took delivery of a white Taigun 1.0 Topline AT on the 9th January.

Took it straight to Lonavala temple after the delivery from Autobahn Vashi. I paid 17.31 OTR. BH series, my employer having offices in more than 4 states has made it possible for me.
Congrats on the purchase! However, am I reading this right? You got the Topline AT for 17.31 OTR?? My dealer is quoting 17.20 OTR for Highline AT. This is minus any extended warranty/maintenance pack. I see that you’re in Thane and my dealer is in Mumbai Suburbs but that’s a difference of about 2.3L for the same variant (19.56L is the OTR for Topline in Mumbai suburbs).

Last edited by throttlehead : 14th January 2022 at 11:46.
throttlehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:53   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 2259727

More hatchbackish than ever. All round colour only suits heftier ones read Fortuner, Endeavour, X7,Q7.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:10   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Congrats on the purchase! However, am I reading this right? You got the Topline AT for 17.31 OTR?? My dealer is quoting 17.20 OTR for Highline AT. This is minus any extended warranty/maintenance pack. I see that you’re in Thane and my dealer is in Mumbai Suburbs but that’s a difference of about 2.3L for the same variant (19.56L is the OTR for Topline in Mumbai suburbs).
Hey throttlehead, thank you for the wishes.
I said 17.31 but the breakdown is as such:

Ex Showroom price: ₹1595200 (December 2021 month)
Insurance: ₹41,000
TCS: ₹15,952
Delivery Kit: ₹15,000
BH Registration registered on 5th Jan 2022: ₹36,477
Extended Warranty: ₹29,499

OTR: ₹17,33,128 and not ₹17.31.

Registration breakdown:
1250 - bracket
900 - Fastag
200 - Service charges
2000 - Agent charges
1500 - Bank hypothecation charges
30627 - RTO ( I believe this is the charge among other charges I will have to pay every 2 years)

I went for my own insurance at 28k from Acko but the SA managed me to make me opt for their tie up at a reduced price of 41k instead of 75k. The reason he told me was that Acko didn't have a cashless garage tie up (I couldn't find it as well on the website), and given this was a VW purchase, I kinda wanted to have a peace of mind for any situation that might arise where I have to go through the insurance claim route.

Insurance was the last payment I made and I just assumed that my OTR will come down to ₹17.31.

I jumped to the Taigun because I had a hunch that I might be able to bring down the OTR from the claimed ~₹ 19+. I was already negotiating for the Polo on the BH series and insurance and found that there was a significant difference in prices while still being able to add the extended warranty.

Hope this helps man!

Last edited by throttleflick : 14th January 2022 at 12:28. Reason: added claimed OTR from dealer
throttleflick is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:47   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Hey throttlehead, thank you for the wishes.
I said 17.31 but the breakdown is as such:

Ex Showroom price: ₹1595200 (December 2021 month)
Insurance: ₹41,000
TCS: ₹15,952
Delivery Kit: ₹15,000
BH Registration registered on 5th Jan 2022: ₹36,477
Extended Warranty: ₹29,499

OTR: ₹17,33,128 and not ₹17.31.

Registration breakdown:
1250 - bracket
900 - Fastag
200 - Service charges
2000 - Agent charges
1500 - Bank hypothecation charges
30627 - RTO ( I believe this is the charge among other charges I will have to pay every 2 years)
Ah! The difference is in the registration, state registration is between 1.8-2.1L depending on the variant. Thanks a ton!
throttlehead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 09:28   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
Hello Pranav, I have also not tried that feature. I have moved to Android Auto and hence removed Sygic maps completely. I was reading through the Kushaq forum and observed that a warning sound comes at random interval if Sygic maps is installed. I removed the app and the warning sound has disappeared completely.
A warning sound? Haven’t heard it, will keep a ear out, and will keep at the maps, I kind of like the idea of having an in-built map application. Ensures I can function offline.

My VW connect had also not been set up, it’s now been done, and gives you some more info on your phone! Pretty good

I don’t understand how the automatic wipers work, it rained quite a bit and they didn’t go on. I read on a tiguan page that it only varies the speed. Don’t care so much, but would be nice to know if they do go on. I have checked the settings, and it is on.
Old 15th January 2022, 11:17   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post
My VW connect had also not been set up, it’s now been done, and gives you some more info on your phone! Pretty good
It works for you? My app was setup for me and I have been using it only to find just one trip entry inside it. I've been driving the car everyday since I took delivery on the 9th and the only entry I've found is for the 11th of Jan.

Every screen that is supposed to be holding and displaying some information is empty on my app.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_7812.jpg

I'm sure I'm missing out something here. Am I supposed to sync the app and the car wirelessly? I use apple carplay all the time, should I open the app while I'm in the car?
Old 15th January 2022, 11:43   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
The VW dealer i'm in touch with tells me that the 2022 variant is missing auto folding ORVMs due to chip shortage. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, my dealer also just confirmed this. 17 and half big ones and I have to roll down the windows to close the mirror
throttlehead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 13:05   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikpranav View Post

I don’t understand how the automatic wipers work, it rained quite a bit and they didn’t go on. I read on a tiguan page that it only varies the speed. Don’t care so much, but would be nice to know if they do go on. I have checked the settings, and it is on.
Just keep the wiper one level up from off. It will work automatically and vary the speed. It is similar Iike other vw cars.
The sygic map sound can be turned off through notifications.
Even my vw connect is not working and has gone for replacement. Went to the dealer couple of times finally he has written a mail to JIO for replacement. Seems it's a JIO issue.
TJ02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 13:18   #1015

Hello everyone, i have purchased a highline variant of Taigun in Cherry red colour on 29th Dec. This is the first Volkswagen in my immediate or extended family. I upgraded from Kappa variant of Hyundai I10 magna of 2009 year, overall i am satisfied with this car. What I am facing is a different problem.

I am facing an issue with my Taigun, see what happens in other cars ( honda, hyundai and Maruti) is that if any one of the doors or boot of the cars remains open, the car does not gets locked on pressing the lock button from key (along with blinking confirmation from indicators). The same does not happen with Taigun, no matter if rear doors or boot remain opened, the car gives a blinking confirmation and all the remaining doors gets locked. The same differently happens with front doors, when the lock button is pressed with any of the front door open, the car doesn't gets locked.

Pls share if anyone else finds it weird as this might leave the car unsecured.

I was unable to find a suitable thread for this issue so I am posting it here.
satvik4134 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 17:07   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Yeah, my dealer also just confirmed this. 17 and half big ones and I have to roll down the windows to close the mirror
I told him that i'm no longer interested in the car until they add a few more features and improve the quality of the rearview camera.
Old 15th January 2022, 17:23   #1017
BHPian

Did they reduce pricing because this feature is not available? I like the car but the pricing makes me quite critical.
Old 15th January 2022, 18:43   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Did they reduce pricing because this feature is not available? I like the car but the pricing makes me quite critical.
You would think, nope. In fact, they increased it by about 20-30k in Mumbai. I’m now talking to the dealer to see if I can get a 2021 make with some discounts. Let’s see, if not, I’ll just hold the Ecosport for another year.
Old 15th January 2022, 19:02   #1019
BHPian

They have been carried away by initial success. From standing out for quality products they seem to stand out for pricing. Anyways, don't see this continuing beyond June 22 by when, either discounts or silent updates will start. Again, depends whether they will be content with less than 2000 cars pm. EcoSport will definitely hold for years. Another option would be to go for BH registration due to which you can reduce upfront outgo of around 1.5 - 2 lakhs. Flipside would be paying out registration charges every 2 years.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2022 at 22:09. Reason: check mod note inside post.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 19:09   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 2259727

Full yellow with the painted side claddings looks ugly.

I am just wondering how will these kind of colors age ?
Metallicar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed