Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 16:56   #1336
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
The clutch was a little awkwardly placed for my liking. The biting point was a little tricky to find but got used to it rather quickly.
Welcome to the forum (if I may say so as a recent newbie myself).

Thanks for this post! There aren't too many who have written about this variant here.

What about the weight of the clutch? I remember some reviews mentioning a heavy clutch.

Happy driving!
Old 20th May 2022, 19:35   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naadopaasaka View Post

Thanks for this post! There aren't too many who have written about this variant here.

What about the weight of the clutch? I remember some reviews mentioning a heavy clutch.

Happy driving!
It is bit on heavier side. Also the travel is longer. I used to drive figo diesel which had a heavy clutch and still found it uncomfortable.
prabhu7944 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 09:51   #1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by naadopaasaka View Post

Happy driving!
Thanks buddy.

The clutch is slightly on the heavier side compared to my earlier Polo but not bothersome. Only thing is the clutch travel is long and bit springy (Maybe because it’s new) so finding the biting point in stop and go traffic might take some time to get used to. I have now gotten used to this.
Petronius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 17:40   #1339
BHPian

Retro-fitting Auto folding ORVMs on my Taigun Topline MT

Alright so we all know about the chip shortage scene and due to this VW didn't provide auto-fold mirrors in Taigun for a particular period of time. My car (JAN 22 regd.)
was affected by this. Anyways recently they started providing customers with the same. I mailed VW India and got a prompt reply from a service center. They placed the part order under my confirmation and received it within a week's time. Took an appointment today and got it done.
Cost- Rs.15000/- (I was provided a flat discount of the same amount while purchasing the car hence had to pay it now.)
What does the Auto-folding kit comprise of?
Well at first I thought it would just be the rotary knob that needs to be changed but to my surprise, the kit consisted of-
1. 2 Mirrors(Without glass and without the mirror cover. This is used from the current mirror setup.)
2. Rotary switch(See picture)
3. New window winder motor(Yes, this needs to be changed too, probably this is the electrical source for folding unfolding of mirrors.)
The process was smooth. Old mirror covers were removed with the mirror and replaced with new ones. The glass was used from the old mirror as well.
The new switch was connected with the new window motor. Auto up-down of the window wasn't functioning after this because the system wasn't coded to the new motor. After doing the same, everything worked perfectly.
Now the mirrors open/close automatically while Locking/unlocking and through the switch. The old mirrors, switch, and window motor was provided back with the car. I don't know what to do with it now, lets's see!
Attaching pictures for reference!

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_101656.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_125129.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_125140.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_125149.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_171042.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_171108.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220521_171158.jpg

Atharva14 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 18:38   #1340
BHPian

Did anyone try getting auto IVRM as a replacement? I have asked my dealer however not sure if they can help given that i had to write to VW multiple times for a mud flap. Can someone help with the pros of auto IVRM?
Old 21st May 2022, 19:20   #1341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Did anyone try getting auto IRVM as a replacement? I have asked my dealer however not sure if they can help given that i had to write to VW multiple times for a mud flap. Can someone help with the pros of auto IRVM?
The electronic auto-dimming mirror gradually dims the mirror when the high beam from the trailing vehicles behind you falls on the sensor, greatly reducing the intensity of the light that reflects from it. If you do a lot of night drives, the auto-dimming mirror helps a lot. But VW’s pricing of their OE mirror will be atrocious. Get that Honda’s mirror for 6500 Rs and install it. Still worth that tag.

Here is a demo of the Jetta’s OE auto-dimming mirror when I had installed it in my Polo back in 2016:

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2022 at 19:37.
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 19:36   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The electronic auto-dimming mirror gradually dims the mirror when the high beam from the trailing vehicles behind you falls on the sensor, greatly reducing the intensity of the light that reflects from it. If you do a lot of night drives, the auto-dimming mirror helps a lot. But VW’s pricing of their OE mirror will be atrocious. Get that Honda’s mirror for 6500 Rs and install it. Still worth that tag.
Thanks for prompt response. Will getting an honda mirror for a taigun void warranty or give a reason for VW guys to wring their hands?
Old 21st May 2022, 19:39   #1343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Thanks for prompt response. Will getting an honda mirror for a taigun void warranty or give a reason for VW guys to wring their hands?
That they may especially the electrical warranty should something go wrong later like the BCM, window winding motor etc. But if executed properly, this addition won’t cause anything to go bad or defective. It’s a 12V fused input to the mirror.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 22:10   #1344
BHPian

Any chance of Taigun getting Ventilated seats in the 1.5 DSG GT variants in near future. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd May 2022, 04:03   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
I managed to get a good route to test the above hypothesis last weekend.
My personal observation is that the wind direction, velocity, outside temperature affects the fuel economy badly.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd May 2022 at 08:28.
Old 22nd May 2022, 07:20   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Any chance of Taigun getting Ventilated seats in the 1.5 DSG GT variants in near future. Thanks in advance.
The dealer with whom I interact said there are no major changes / additions planned in existing line up. Am not sure why VW offers ventilated seats as an accessory. Am sure few of us wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for that comfort.
prabhu7944 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:52   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Thanks buddy.

The clutch is slightly on the heavier side compared to my earlier Polo but not bothersome. Only thing is the clutch travel is long and bit springy (Maybe because it’s new) so finding the biting point in stop and go traffic might take some time to get used to. I have now gotten used to this.
Yesterday I took a TD of the Taigun.
This was a big not so good 'feel factor' even I had.

The clutch travel is too much, you might get ankle pain when driving over slow traffic in the city ..

After the TD when I sat back in my old sedan it felt so much more comfortable.
It appears that it is the same case with the Skoda Kushaq as well.

Last edited by Fillmore : 22nd May 2022 at 12:11.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 17:18   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post
I had a chat with an owner of Taigun 1.0 AT while waiting in the lounge of ASC. This gentleman was furious that his car was only returning 5kmpl and he was there to get it checked for the low fuel economy.
I purchased Kushaq 1L recently, came back from a 1350Km long road trip yesterday including 40% city drives and 60% highways. Car returned mileage of 16.5 KMPL for the entire trip-tank to tank method. Stretch has Agra Expressway along with western peripheral expressway where the pedal was somehow stopped just before the irritating sound starts(120 kmph) at 115-118.

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 23rd May 2022 at 17:23.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 13:01   #1349
BHPian

Hey folks,

I got done with the 2nd free checkup last Saturday, done at the Arcot Rd service center of TVS VW. It was fine for the most part. Got most of my complaints addressed/observations clarified. I tried to see if I can get a different horn but was strongly discouraged from doing that.

What was not addressed, even to a minor extent, is the door creaking/squeaking noises over rough roads or uneven speed breakers. I told the service advisor that I would bring the car again to get it fixed, since they did manage to fix it in the first check up (at the Whites Rd service center) and the cabin was silent enough for 3 or 4 months before the noises started coming back.

Question I have is this - is there a DIY solution to stop the creaking/rattling noises from the doors for good?

Also, has anyone figured out or know of a good solution to give some sort of under-body protection for their Taigun esp. for the engine bay area?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 27th May 2022, 16:54   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

Question I have is this - is there a DIY solution to stop the creaking/rattling noises from the doors for good?
There is a transparent tape being applied by SC guys around the borders. Kindly ask them to do that. If applied properly all the noise is gone.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks