Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2022, 20:20   #1471
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Any idea if the newer dispatches have the initial niggles such as roof liner etc have been worked upon?
Old 17th August 2022, 21:11   #1472
BHPian

Painting Brake calipers and drum

Hi all, got the brake calipers and drum painted to flash red today. Got these done at a local dent paint shop for 1000/-.
Attaching pictures for reference as to how it looks with topline alloys!

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220817_185400.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220817_185436.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220817_185453.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220817_18551701.jpeg
Atharva14 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 17:57   #1473
BHPian

Today spotted Taigun in Matte Black shade with test number plates.
So VW might be planning a Taigun Matte Edition to mark its anniversary anytime soon.

Unfortunately couldn't click a pic.
It's a scoop from me
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 09:54   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Any idea if the newer dispatches have the initial niggles such as roof liner etc have been worked upon?
I got my Taigun GT Plus delivered in the last week of May. The roof liner is fixed in it. It has the same quality roofliner as the Virtus/Slavia. Any other niggles you interested in knowing about?
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 15:25   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Has anyone faced this issue with their Taigun's ACC? When it's drizzling/raining, the windshield mists up and when you start the defogger, the air flow at the center of the dashboard is cut off. This might be intended behavior.

But when the defogger is switched off, the airflow doesn't resume from the central vents even after a few minutes. I had to do a power cycle on the AC to get the airflow in the central vents again. This happened a few days ago and is the second time I have faced the issue.

Has anyone else observed this?
Apparently no one else seems to have observed this issue, eh? That's interesting.

This afternoon I was driving back home after a temple visit and there is suddenly an error message saying "Error in instrument cluster. Please take vehicle to service center". After a few seconds the message disappeared but on the left top part of the screen, there is a message showing "Error". I dropped my family at home and drove to the ASC.

I took a photo of it luckily after I entered the service center before switching off the car. When they started the car, the message had disappeared. The ASC folks said they will run some diagnostics with their laptop and apparently some data error did pop up. I said I will drop the car off tomorrow instead of leaving it there today.

Anyone else has seen such a message pop up? Notice the left top corner of the screen.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-taigun_error_19aug2022.jpg
Old 20th August 2022, 10:08   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Apparently no one else seems to have observed this issue, eh? That's interesting.

This afternoon I was driving back home after a temple visit and there is suddenly an error message saying "Error in instrument cluster. Please take vehicle to service center". After a few seconds the message disappeared but on the left top part of the screen, there is a message showing "Error". I dropped my family at home and drove to the ASC.

I took a photo of it luckily after I entered the service center before switching off the car. When they started the car, the message had disappeared. The ASC folks said they will run some diagnostics with their laptop and apparently some data error did pop up. I said I will drop the car off tomorrow instead of leaving it there today.

Anyone else has seen such a message pop up? Notice the left top corner of the screen.

Attachment 2348250
I switched on the defogger and the switched back to Auto mode and didn't observe the issue with the center vents you're facing. Keen to know the ASC's diagnosis on this and the other "error" you're facing. I'm DMing you the video I took just in case.

Have you any idea how to enable the auto wiper settings from the ICE? For the past week or so, the rear wiper on reverse doesn't work when the wiper stalk is set to auto mode. The screen shows this function is temporarily unavailable. I checked the manual on this but no resolution as such.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_1810.jpg
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 00:55   #1477

Folks, I'm loving the driving experience of my 1.0 AT Topline, but I'm going crazy with these 3 small niggles:

1. The trip meter resets to zero every time you refuel. Is there any way to stop this happening, and reset manually instead?

2. The "fake" sunglasses holder!!!! Where the heck do people keep their glasses? I've been using the centre console cup/bottle holder.

3. Is there any way to start, answer and end calls from the steering wheel controls? Without that, Android Auto and phone pairing loses 50% of its value.

Please help! Any tips / workarounds greatly appreciated!
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:29   #1478

Hi,
I own a Zen Estilo and I wanted to upgrade to a mid size SUV.
My budget is at the max 15 lac.

My basic requirements
1) Good mileage (above 16km/per liter on high way).
2) Safety (As I drive maximum on high way and not using car for daily office commute)
3) Enough leg room in rear seat
4) A boot capacity over 350 litre.
5) Good music system.
6) Do not want to change car for next 10 years.

I have checked various cars in sub 4 meter segment like Nissan Magnite, Suzuki Breeza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV3OO and found that rear seat leg room is inadequate. Last week I test drive the Taigun 1litre TSI version and found it better. Leg room in rear seat is very good. Boot space was also adequate. I also checked the Skoda Kushaq Amibition classic version of it, both looked similar in terms of boot and seat comfort.

Finally decided to book either Taigun highline or Kushaq Ambition classic. But later read reviews in this thread and found that there AC issues in Taigun and Kushaq. Some also reported door rattling and gear shift issues. Are these issues fixed? Please also advise on the build quality of Taigun and Kushaq as well (I hope there is no official global NCAP test result for Taigun).

Thanks!
Old 22nd August 2022, 18:57   #1479
BHPian

There have been quite a few addition/removal to features of these cars and I have not been able to really follow them. At present exactly what is missing between Taigun and Kushaq, and Taigun and Virtus, all 1.5 DSGs?
Old 22nd August 2022, 23:18   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
There have been quite a few addition/removal to features of these cars and I have not been able to really follow them. At present exactly what is missing between Taigun and Kushaq, and Taigun and Virtus, all 1.5 DSGs?
I think the main difference is Kushaq and Virtus both get ventilated seats whereas the Taigun doesn't, earlier Kushaq didn't had the digital cluster, but now it does.
Kushaq and Slavia gets the 8 inch radios whereas virtus and Taigun have the 10 inch one.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:21   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayess View Post

3. Is there any way to start, answer and end calls from the steering wheel controls? Without that, Android Auto and phone pairing loses 50% of its value.

The control on the right side of the Steering wheel have a button "View". When your phone is connected, pressing "View" toggles it between MFD view and Telephone view. When you switch it to Telephone view, it gives you the option to pick up and end calls using the "OK" button next to it.
Quatro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 21:35   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
1. The trip meter resets to zero every time you refuel. Is there any way to stop this happening, and reset manually instead?
That's odd. I haven't observed that in my Taigun. Must a system bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatro View Post
The control on the right side of the Steering wheel have a button "View". When your phone is connected, pressing "View" toggles it between MFD view and Telephone view. When you switch it to Telephone view, it gives you the option to pick up and end calls using the "OK" button next to it.
Interesting. I will have to try this out.

Quick update - the ASC ran diagnostics and it did show a single error. They had the car for 2 days and figured out that something in the headlight assembly is causing the error message to show in the instrument panel.

They said they have shared the logs with VW Engineers and are waiting for a resolution. I got back the car yesterday and the error hasn't shown up again. But it looks like if the diagnostic error continues, they will replace the headlight unit under warranty. Has anyone else faced this issue with their Taigun?

The annoying this is this - even with the tape, the door noises are back + all sorts of creaking noises from the internal panels, when the car is driven on bad roads (which is pretty much most of the roads in my office commute ). On smooth roads, the car is pretty silent but this is hardly a solace.

The driver side window one touch fails several times. The ASC says it works just fine for them when testing. So I took 2 videos reproducing the issue and have shared with the ASC service manager and the advisor. I shall update here as and when I have more news.

That said, I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any undercarriage protection that we can ask to be fitted separately to cover the engine bay and a bit more from underneath? The roads where metro work is going on is giving me nightmares even when driving slowly. All sorts of jutting out iron bars, rocks and foot deep potholes on the road.

2. The My VW Connect app is acting weird. It does not connect when my mobile is on Wifi, saying "Internet is not available" but it works just fine when using it on mobile data. Anyone else seeing the same behavior from the app?

Thanks!
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 10:56   #1483

Quote:
Folks, I'm loving the driving experience of my 1.0 AT Topline, but I'm going crazy with these 3 small niggles:

Hi, I can confirm that you can pick calls using the OK button on the right side of the steering wheel. To call someone, quickest (but often the trickiest) way is to ask Google assistant to call that person using the assistant key above the OK button or navigate to phone options in the MID using the key on the right of the OK button. Having nicknames/ phonetic names added to contact helps.

Have not figured out yet on how to hang up calls other than politely asking the other side to disconnect (touch screen option is available of course).

Hope this helps.
Fuelrack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 11:54   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen India has launched the Taigun First Anniversary Edition.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-smartselect_20220908120252_facebook.jpg

- Dynamic Line 1.0 TSI MT and AT
- 3 colours, including a new ‘Rising Blue’ shade
- Black exterior elements
- Body-coloured door garnish
- High lux fog lamps

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20220908_115341.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20220908_115343.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th September 2022 at 12:03.
Old 8th September 2022, 13:19   #1485
BHPian

Is the interior the same as the normal Topline variant or changes there too? Some additional features or changes in interior trims, or maybe an anniversary badge?

Most Viewed