Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2022, 07:17   #1576
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Is it not possible to fit the auto-dimming IRVM from the Topline in the Highline? This is a real must-have feature. But according to the SA and even the technical advisor it is not possible to fit it as the Highline "does not have a sensor."

Can someone please clarify?
I got similar answer from my SA. He suggested after market option. There is separate thread which you may go through.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...rs-6500-a.html (Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500)
Old 6th November 2022, 10:36   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
I got similar answer from my SA. He suggested after market option. There is separate thread which you may go through.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...rs-6500-a.html (Upgraded to an auto-dimming rear view mirror for Rs. 838 | EDIT: Honda hikes price to Rs 6500)
I am aware of this thread. My concern is that the warranty on the brand new car might get voided if I go down this path. I would rather get the OEM part installed from the service center so that warranty remains intact
Old 6th November 2022, 15:42   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
Hello Aashik,
Sorry for the late response. I was away for a while. We have decided not to go ahead with the Taigun purchase. Although the car has fared well on NCAP, I had booked the Highline variant which has only 2 airbags and I felt this was a compromise. Secondly the interiors were also a big let down and I felt I couldn't live with them for the next 10-12 years. Now I am again in the searching stage and nothing is checking all the boxes. Have decided to cool off for some time.

The dealer was Apple Auto Mahadevpura ORR. They were very professional to deal with all throughout, including the refund. I believe there are still very good discounts to be had on Taigun. You should push harder. Do you have an old car to exchange? My price included an exchange bonus of 30K if I remember correctly.

Regarding Acko insurance I really don't have an opinion. I did search for reviews and there are both very good and very bad reviews for them. Reading them only confuses the hell out of you. Moreover since I got a large discount, it was all that mattered. Under which head, I wasn't that bothered.

Thank you so much. I’m also in the same boat

I’m looking for a compact suv in the budget of 17-19. I booked and cancelled the Hyryder strong Hybrid S as I didn’t like the the quality for its size and price. Suzuki, MG, Kia and Hyundai are something I don’t want to go with and hence I’m left with Taigun or Kushaq. If it weren’t for our pathetic roads in Bangalore, I would have happily gone with the City CVT.

Also, thank you on the insurance part. Hope the dealer included nil dep insurance in the price?

Please do let me know if you finalised on any. Would love to know.

Regards,
Old 6th November 2022, 16:58   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
Thank you so much. I’m also in the same boat

I’m looking for a compact suv in the budget of 17-19. I booked and cancelled the Hyryder strong Hybrid S as I didn’t like the the quality for its size and price.

Regards,
If you can stretch to 19.3, Seltos Ivt can be had in about a month. Have you considered that?
Old 7th November 2022, 00:24   #1580

First post coinciding with the delivery of my first car purchase! Just brought home a Taigun 1.0 TSI AT. Manufactured in October 2022.

Buying journey

Even before test driving anything, my heart always wanted Taigun or Kushaq. The car that I’ve driven the most in my life (7-8 years) is the Polo, so I had a soft corner. However, the AC issues were a deal breaker. I could deal with break noise or creaks, but not a sub-optimal AC in NCR summers (GT+ was out of my budget). Broke my heart, but I proceeded with my search.

My search started with Nexon EV max but couldn’t justify spending 20+L on a car which I would be hesitant to take on trips. I would definitely jump on the EV bandwagon for my next car when the whole ecosystem is more mature.

Then I was very seriously considering the City VX CVT. However I just didn’t see myself in a sedan yet. I find them too long for city daily commute. The car was perfect otherwise. Head said yes, heart wasn’t set yet. It stayed in the consideration set.

Then I was in a phase where I thought spending upwards of 15L on my first car was too much so started seriously considering Magnite and Kiger. Ruled out Kiger coz it doesn’t have ESP (safety was my top criteria). Magnite, again, just couldn’t convince myself. Seemed like I was settling - the interiors were too drab, Nissan's focus on India was unclear, the quality/fit and finish made it clearly seem like a sub 10L car, I would have gone for the turbo CVT variant.

Considered Hyryder strong hybrid for a brief period, but mid variant on road was coming above 18-19L. Then I also realised it’s a) bigger than what I’d like for city use b) underpowered for my taste. c) most importantly had a 6 month waiting which I could not wait at all.

At this point, I didn’t have a clear winner in my mind. I was reading posts, watching videos, going through forums all day long.

The clincher was when Taigun and Kushaq got the safety rating. Around similar timeframe, the news of all the issues getting resolved also started coming in. AC software update, creaking noise clear fix etc. And then i took the plunge

Why Taigun over Kushaq?

1. 10 inch infotainment with Wireless CarPlay
2. Subjective, but exterior looks. I like the tail lights, and the front is very nice and timeless
3. Have a polo in the house and have had a really good experience thus far
4. Also subjective, but interiors. The floating infotainment seems like an afterthought vs the well integrated one in VW
5. digital cockpit. Super minor reason, wouldn’t have minded the analog one too

Volkswagen Taigun Review-5u8ec53k9by91.jpg

How's the experience been so far?

Overall, I'm loving it.

Pros:
1. Drives like a charm. Lovely steering (light at low speeds, weighs up well with speeds), good turbo range (kicks in around 1700-1800 rpm), confidence inspiring breaking
2. Really good visibility - coming from a Polo, I can see more of the bonnet
3. Enjoying the frills - lovely 10inch screen with seamless wireless car play, ventilated seats work well (less noisy than what people have been saying on the internet), auto dimming IRVM, auto headlights, digital cockpit showing me techo, speedo and bunch of trip details in a beautiful layout. All this adds to a nice well-rounded experience
4. The transmission is really smooth. No one can feel the gear changes. I don't even know how perceptible would DSG changes be to me after this...but I've not been pushing it so far, so I'll hold full judgement here.
5. Decent suspension. You feel the bumps, but even above 40-50kmph, it takes them into its stride really well. I would take this + stability over a bouncy but soft suspension
6. Feels solid. Everyone in my family who's seen it and played around has said this. And this is after everyone having driven or used the Polo. The roofliner is sorted now. The dashboard while hard plastic, feels solidly built. Signature door thud (bliss!).
7. Good NVH levels (mind you, I have not pushed it beyond 4K RPM yet so don't know how thrummy the engine can get)

Cons:
1. Man, I hate those touch AC controls. Have already pressed the defogger button multiple times while changing the temperature. The system in Polo was perfect - simple display with tactile rotary knobs. Simple button for Auto AC.
2. This might be placebo and no one else has noticed, but I thought I heard fainnnttt creakiness from the left door. This doesn't have the door beading tape installed yet - will anyway get that done at the 1K check-up/service.

That's it! I legit don't miss or need anything else in my car. It has all the creature comforts for me, and satiates my moderate power/thrill requirements. Would I have loved the 1.5 more? For sure! Would I have wanted to pay 3-4L more for a <5% use case? Nope. Also considering DQ200's history, I'll sleep more peacefully with this gearbox+engine combo

LMK anything else that anyone else wants me to comment on, I'll drive it a bit over the next few days and can come back and answer those questions.
tabadhtodh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 05:15   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajahSaheb View Post
It also shows up as an option for Book Online on the website so I feel confident that Ventilated seats are now finally available for real on the 1.5 GT Plus and isn't just an enthusiatic webmaster with wishful thinking.

But as per the description on the webpage it also seems that VW is dropping the folding ORVM while offering Ventilated Seats and at the same time charging Rs.25000 more!

I don't understand this "price increase with feature substitution" approach

Check the "Smart Mode on" section in the brochure, ventilated seat looks like a standard option on the GT Plus variant. VW bosses finally turned their smart mode on by offering this on GT Plus. If only they did this from the launch, I would have gone for the 1.5 GT Plus and not the 1.0 Topline AT.

You might as well confirm it with your dealer before booking it online, just to be sure about it.
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 08:56   #1582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
If you can stretch to 19.3, Seltos Ivt can be had in about a month. Have you considered that?
He has already mentioned the 'don't want to go with them' list of companies and Kia is one of them. So there goes Seltos out of consideration list unless he has made a change of mind about Kia.
Old 7th November 2022, 10:40   #1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
Check the "Smart Mode on" section in the brochure, ventilated seat looks like a standard option on the GT Plus variant. VW bosses finally turned their smart mode on by offering this on GT Plus. If only they did this from the launch, I would have gone for the 1.5 GT Plus and not the 1.0 Topline AT.

You might as well confirm it with your dealer before booking it online, just to be sure about it.
Dealer actually expressed disbelief about the Ventilated seats in the GT Plus until I dragged him to the VW website. Then it was "mumble, mumble... we don't know."

What I would really like to get is the GT Plus with Ventilated seats in Rising Blue with Cassino wheels but that doesn't exist at this point in time. Sigh.
RajahSaheb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 17:12   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabadhtodh View Post
LMK anything else that anyone else wants me to comment on, I'll drive it a bit over the next few days and can come back and answer those questions.
How is the AC faring with your rides? Is the issue fixed ?
Old 7th November 2022, 18:19   #1585

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGeneral View Post
How is the AC faring with your rides? Is the issue fixed ?
It’s not really hot in delhi right now so not the perfect indication tbh. Still sharing my experience:
1. No cut-offs thus far. Even on idle with at 1000 rpm
2. 22.5 degrees and Auto on AC is good enough for current delhi weather.
Old 7th November 2022, 23:02   #1586
BHPian

6 MONTHS AND 9000KMS UPDATE

Update 1
Well, it really has been a great drive so far for me. Many road trips and daily commutes have really been a joy.
However, during my last trip to Konkan, I happen to hit a deep pothole at almost 50-60km/hr. Knew something is wrong and within a few meters got the deflation warning on the cockpit. The front left tyre got a cut on the sidewall (not repairable).
Changed it with Stepney and carried on with the journey.TPMS error. On a break, I happen to notice that the rear left tyre also has a bulge on the sidewall. Badluck max. Contacted a bunch of tyre stores in Kolhapur for the available size but Volkswagen decided to put such a unique size(205/55 R17) that it is hardly available! Also being a Sunday, VW Kolhapur was also shut. Risked it and carried on with the journey to Mumbai at a speed below 80km/hr every time.

The next morning visited VW Autobahn(Goregaon west). Advisor advised me to change the front left with a new one and to claim warranty for the bulged tyre. My car has MRFs and they're the worst in warranty processes. Obviously, the warranty claim was rejected, and had to pay for both tyres.
Also, the advisor checked for any strut leakage and alignment. Found everything to be perfect. Drove almost 1K kms after that no issues.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20220904wa0037.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20220904wa0049.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20220904wa0054.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220920_180354.jpg

Update 2
The other and most common issue with VW 2.0 cars is the auto-up-down feature of the driver-side window. That thing really has a mind of its own. sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't, and sometimes it does the opposite of what you do. I'm on my third power window motor now(1st changed due to faulty, 2nd changed while adding auto fold mirrors). The issue starts to persist again and this time I really want a robust result. Went again to the service center, Mr. Purshottam( Asst. Service Manager) promptly looked into the matter and kept the car for a day, and did the necessary changes needed. The Window Lifter was changed this time under warranty. The motor remains the same. A great experience as always at the workshop(Vw autobahn Goregaon). Mr. Purshottam looked into the matter carefully and gave me timely updates on the same. All warranty claims were handled by him and the part was also made available quickly.
The car was washed and returned the next day. The auto-up-down works fine now and I feel the speed by which the window comes up has also fastened.
Attaching a video for reference.

Update 3
Changed the fogs to LEDs! A simple yet tricky swap. Need to remove the wheel liner to access the foglight housing. Easy swap after that. Used Osram's H8s. The throw is 10X better now. No glare of any sort.
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220923_184321.jpg
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20220923_184340.jpg

Well that's it for now folks!
Atharva14 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 23:12   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Changed the fogs to LEDs! A simple yet tricky swap. Need to remove the wheel liner to access the foglight housing. Easy swap after that. Used Osram's H8s. The throw is 10X better now.
Hi Atharva, how much did the H8 bulbs cost and where did you source them from? I've been meaning to change the fog lamps on Kushaq to LED's as well and could not find any good LED's in Hyderabad.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 01:27   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I got an average mileage of 17.7Kmpl on the onward journey. On the return journey, thanks to the wide open, empty stretches from Madurai to Trichy, a steady 80-85Kmph cruise saw my car touch 20+Kmpl for real!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MismatchD View Post
Mileage on the city hovers around 12-14km/l with AC, which is pretty good for me. On highways, it's around 15-17, as we love to rev it hard when we find empty long stretches.
Interesting. I recently did long test drives of both the Taigun 1.0 AT and the Hyryder mild hybrid in very similar traffic conditions. The drive comprised of mixed traffic conditions (40% open stretches; 40% slow moving traffic; 20% stop-go conditions). I reset the distance and mileage counters, set the engine stop-start on, and drove like I normally do.

Here are my observations from the trip summary:

Taigun Test Drive
Start Time: 7.15 AM
Distance: 19 KM
Duration: 50 min
Mileage: 12.6 kmpl

Hyryder Mild Hybrid Test Drive
Start Time: 10.45 AM
Distance: 21 KM
Duration: 50 min
Mileage: 12.6 kmpl

The Taigun had marginally extra traffic and stoppages to deal with, but the start-stop feature seems to be doing it's bit to aid efficiency. I admit, however, that I pushed the Hyryder a tad bit harder with the shifters on open stretches.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 09:15   #1589
BHPian

Need advice:

I want to buy Taigun basically for city use. Should I go for TC or DSG ?

Are DSG errors now of the past ?

Last edited by steadfast : 8th November 2022 at 09:33.
Old 8th November 2022, 09:59   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
Hi Atharva, how much did the H8 bulbs cost and where did you source them from? I've been meaning to change the fog lamps on Kushaq to LED's as well and could not find any good LED's in Hyderabad.
Hey! Got them from a local accessory shop and cost around 2.8K. The same product is available on amazon too I guess but are very expensive there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks