Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 15:02   #1576
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Its all well and good to have variants added but the drive home price will be eye watering. I have a hard time digesting that there would be many that pay 27 to 29 lakhs for these trims.
NevGin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:33   #1577
BHPian

Had a chance to test drive the XUV today. Was pleased to see that 3-4 vehicles were readily available for TD. Thankfully showroom was relatively empty so we could spend time on looking at the details. Though there are many more knowledgeable posts on this thread, here are my observations -

Looks - Looks better than expected from the front end. Silver and Midnight black colours look smashing. The light blue colour resembles the one offered in MG Hector Plus. The tailgate didn't feel filmsy but the rear bumper easily got flexed. The side profile felt lower than the XUV 500 while I am neutral to the tail lamp design.
Name:  ezgif.comgifmaker 1.gif
Views: 1499
Size:  4.11 MB
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0025.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0020.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0026.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0010.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0003.jpg

Interior - The dual screen setup looks fantastic and upmarket. The instrument cluster is crisp and has a couple of layout options. I am fixed on the white leatherette seats and this TD didn't change my view on them. They might need extra maintenance but the airiness is worth it. Felt that the seats were a bit on the harder side. The rear armrest was comfortable but I found it to be slightly higher than comfortable. I am 5'6" so taller people might not have an issue. The rear AC console also protruded into the middle passenger's legroom.
Third row is strictly for children, even I sat quite knees up unless the middle bench was upright.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0009.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0014.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0007.jpg
Drive experience - I can't drive yet so this will be more of a second hand experience. The dealership had only Petrol AT available for TD though we are looking for Petrol MT. Driving an automatic was a new experience for my father but he got used to it pretty easily. Power is adequate, and comes in a linear manner which you don't expect when you see the 200 HP figures. Gearshifts were smooth and decently quick. Did not use the ADAS features.

Ride quality - The ride quality is quite good, though on the firmer side for rear passengers. Do note that we had a Quanto as our daily ride, so the bar isn't very high
Sharp potholes did make their way into the cabin though the car remained stable over all kind of roads. It might also have to do with a higher tyre pressure, we didn't check the TPMS. Music system was excellent for the 12 speaker system.

Miscellaneous - Though I expected that Adaptive Cruise Control will only be available in AT, I was surprised to know that it isn't there in the regular AX7 rather it is a part of optional L pack. The centre console looks very premium. The rotary knob is fun to use and has 2 functions - Volume and Browse. It is like a joystick and so is the ORVM control. The blind spot cameras which come on when we turn on the indicator, seemed like a nifty feature but it is available only in L pack. Dealer had no idea about delivery dates and said that it will be revealed to them officially on 10th October.

Conclusion - So it is a huge GO for us, especially upgrading from a Quanto.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0005.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0018.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0004.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0015.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211005wa0027.jpg  

quantobigboot is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:45   #1578
BHPian

As per Ananth motors, Bangalore, today Mahindra has launched additional models - AX7 AWD with L pack (29.4 Lakhs OTR).

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2021 at 05:23. Reason: Excessive dots
1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:52   #1579
BHPian

I have updated my booking to AWD with L option. We should really appreaciate Mahindra for listening to the customer preferences.
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 15:54   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Its all well and good to have variants added but the drive home price will be eye watering. I have a hard time digesting that there would be many that pay 27 to 29 lakhs for these trims.
Yes, if you had told me last year that I would be willing to pay 29 lakhs for a Mahindra product, I would have probably laughed.

But they got me.

Infact, I don't know anyone who is going for the lower variants.

I thought there will be a mad rush for MX... At 12 lakhs ex showroom, they are willing to give a gargantuan 15.5 feet long SUV with a 200 horsepower motor and a suspension with FSD! It is actually cheaper than the entry level scorpio!! It is the sort of deal that makes you go: "Shut up and take my money".

But no one wants that steal of a deal.

People are queueing up for the AX7 AT and above.
yogishkamath is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:01   #1581

Mahindra's explanation of AWD in Xuv500. Finally changed my booking to AX7L AWD diesel AT. Feels nice when company proactively listens to consumer feedback.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:10   #1582
BHPian

So a fully loaded Xuv700 at 29.4L on road Bengaluru beats the safari gold edition which is priced at 29.2L.

It was not a steal after all except for the gain in AWD and the Tech gizmos while losing out on the ventilated seats and the 3rd row space and the external looks.

Curious to see how the interiors ( The placement of the Button/control) would look after accommodating the AWD option. Are there any pics of the same available or they will delay the deliveries to make the changes now.
Old 5th October 2021, 16:22   #1583
BHPian

I’m am uploading a pretty badly taken image of the price list that I received from the dealer in Dehradun yesterday. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-1412ce80ccb54814aa04f5d662260833.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-7f8e387ea20c4689a86a7e0f19faaedd.jpeg  

Mr.U is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:25   #1584
BHPian

Kudos to Mahindra for listening to the market demands. I said I would wait, but added the AX7 L AT AWD to the cart today. Now its just a matter of beating scores of other customer on October 7
a_chelat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:29   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
So a fully loaded Xuv700 at 29.4L on road Bengaluru beats the safari gold edition which is priced at 29.2L.
It is actually 29.04l and not 29.4l. Also included is the very highly priced insurance. As per my check, I can save about 50k or more on getting insurance by myself. So the price is about 28.5l for the fully loaded version.

I understand that is still a high price for some. But being in the market for such a long time for a vehicle and getting something that almost matches my requirement to a T, this is good for me.

I have my money down for the top end version. I know I'm taking a bit of a risk with a brand new model. Looking at the history, I see that there were no major mechanical issues with their vehicles and any minor issues were handled without much hassle. So, that is enough reassurance for me to take a plunge.

I know of at least 3 others in Bangalore who have switched to AWD + L Pack after it was announced today.
Sks_Biker is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:33   #1586
BHPian

Is anyone aware of the fuel efficiency of the Petrol version?
Old 5th October 2021, 16:41   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Kudos to Mahindra for listening to the market demands. I said I would wait, but added the AX7 L AT AWD to the cart today. Now its just a matter of beating scores of other customer on October 7
Lol.

This leads me to the question: Does anyone understand what the allocation strategy for the first 25000 is ?

I have booked through a dealer in Bangalore but right on this thread, we have people from other cities telling us that the dealer refused to take their money and urged them to book through the site saying that the booking advance is going to be collected directly.

There is a disclaimer on Mahindra's portal which says the following:

"
The 'Add to cart' function does not confirm your booking. Once the booking opens, we will send you a notification. Your booking will be confirmed only after you have made the required payment. Adding your choice to cart does not guarantee you any priority for booking. Bookings will be done on a first come, first serve basis, based upon the time of payment made.

The dates & Order Status mentioned herein are tentative and subject to change based on delivery readiness at the dealership. For customers who have booked directly through the dealership, the Estimated Date of Delivery is shown only after Order Taking Form (OTF) is created or post the order is processed. For online booking as well as offline booking, the estimated delivery date is not updated on a real-time basis and the customer must contact the nearest dealership to check the estimated date of delivery.

M&M shall, under no circumstances, be liable for any discrepancy, delay in delivery or inaccurate estimated time of delivery mentioned on this page. M&M and its dealership reserves the right to change the estimated date of delivery without giving any notice to the customer"

So, Mahindra seems to be saying that one can book directly with the dealership but then, how is the time of payment for these offline bookings - which supposedly decides where you are in the queue - recorded ?
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 16:42   #1588
BHPian

Official confirmation from Mahindra regarding addition of two more variants.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV700 Introduces 2 New Variants to Delight Customers.pdf (581.2 KB, 171 views)
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:06   #1589
BHPian

I took a short test drive today and not going to repeat the details provided earlier. In my opinion the vehicle is well put together. Having cancelled the booking for Jeep Compass Model S Diesel MT, this was an anxious wait to see the vehicle in skin. Please excuse if some of my comparisons are with Jeep Compass repeatedly. Here are few observations and and points from my end:

*The front and middle seat feel is spacious and upmarket. Middle row passangers are going to love the space and airy feel.
*I feel the outer body shell is not as strong as Harrier or Safari, nevertheless felt strong.
*Test drove the Diesel AT, manual wasn't available. I'm used to manual and felt the gear changes were smooth once the second gear slots in.
*The ride was very short as customers were lined up for TD. 80% of the drive was through traffic and it felt effortless manuvering such a big vehicle.
*Sony music system is good with 3D surround sound, not ground breaking in my opinion. The Alpine system in Model S Jeep Compass still has my vote.
*I'm 6ft and felt the height was a tad smaller, need to be careful with the ingress, matter of getting used to it.
*Driving position and seat adjustment options are good.
*The buttons in the vehicle like lock/unlock, power windows etc didnt feel great. Nowhere close to the quality on Jeep Compass.
*The sky roof/sun roof is not the quickest, however provides an excellent view.
*NVH levels are well maintained
*Boot space with third row seats down is decent for a vehicle this size and not humongous once you fix a parcel tray.
*Checked the MID for fuel figures and it showed 8.3 kmpl with 306 kms on the odo. My guess would be a mileage of 11-12 kmpl within city because the vehicle currently is idling most of the time when customers are exploring interior specs or doing very short runs in moderate/heavy traffic.

Verdict- I'm sold for the Diesel AX7 AT L AWD, Mrs still has her vote for Jeep Compass in terms of look and feel.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211005_132613.jpg  

Last edited by Raghunath Singh : 5th October 2021 at 17:11. Reason: Deleted a image that didn't add value.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:14   #1590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post

Verdict- I'm sold for the Diesel AX7 AT L AWD, Mrs still has her vote for Jeep Compass in terms of look and feel.
Just wondering if you are not alone what would be the future of Jeep in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks