Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
10,819,575 views
Old 5th October 2021, 21:09   #1606
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Deoghar
Posts: 38
Thanked: 74 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
I took a short test drive today and not going to repeat the details provided earlier. In my opinion the vehicle is well put together. Having cancelled the booking for Jeep Compass Model S Diesel MT, this was an anxious wait to see the vehicle in skin. Please excuse if some of my comparisons are with Jeep Compass repeatedly.
Thanks for update. I am eagerly looking for a detailed comparison of Compass and XUV700.
I had put my Compass S booking on hold till I test drive XUV700 AWD. Now that AWD is available in top trim it is much preferable. Both cars are different segment still Mahindra wins in factors like ASS, re-sale value.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2021 at 05:29. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
gargville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:09   #1607
BHPian
 
Babruvahanaaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 71
Thanked: 473 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Stopped by Anant Cars, Mysore Road, Bengaluru to get the updated price list with the newly launched variants, attaching it below

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211005_202232__01.jpg

Also, found some time to go through the various display modes of the digital cockpit.

Minimal view( also notice the navigation map integrated into the screen)
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211005_203123.jpg

Information view
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211005_203154.jpg

Normal View
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211005_203321.jpg
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:13   #1608
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 321
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked and answered.

Any folks from Chennai here that have had a good experience with Mahindra dealers in the city... Could you please let me know which are the better ones?

Thanks!
asmr is offline  
Old 5th October 2021, 21:25   #1609
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: COK\BLR\MYS
Posts: 3,557
Thanked: 9,997 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
.

Agree with all the points you made, but what you missed is the initial announcement on August 15 - which led with the Petrol MX 5 seater at ₹11.99 lakhs, and ended with the Petrol AX5 5 seater at ₹14.99 lakhs. This created an initial impression that one is getting so much more than say a Skoda Kushaq for nearly ₹ 1 lakh less than the 1 l TSI Style AT.
What the buyers often miss when it comes to vehicles is this.

When you are on a 1000 km road trip, even the most bare bones XUV will be more comfortable than a vehicle like Kushaq.

Size matters.
Kosfactor is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:36   #1610
Senior - BHPian
 
Bibendum90949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Blr/Kochi/Wynd
Posts: 1,403
Thanked: 6,826 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Anyone having info. on FE figures for the Petrol & Diesel Manual & AT versions?

Any link to a review which has given such figures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Is anyone aware of the fuel efficiency of the Petrol version?
Guess there are no authentic news on FE. ARAI figures if any are not of much use. But one can safely assume the FE of these high displacement powerful turbo engines, more so when the tune is performance oriented.

One can refer the Thar FE (same engines in lower state of tune) and consider 10-15% lesser values for XUV 700. I expect the below figures for XUV 700. The best highway figures are assumed in sedate driving conditions.

Petrol: 6-7-8 in city & 10-12 on highways, 10% less for AT
Diesel: 8-9-10 in city & 13-14 on highways, 10% less for AT.

With petrol, those figures can take a severe beating once your right foot gets heavy. Real world FE of new Thar D AT is quite well documented by bhpian ph03n!x in the below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5050532
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211005_214253.png  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211005_214240.png  


Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 5th October 2021 at 21:55.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:38   #1611
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 135
Thanked: 404 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
The shine variant of MG Hector costs Rs 16.50 lacs and comes with 170 PS engine, 17 inch alloy wheels, 2 airbags, panoramic sunroof, has cruise control but misses out on automatic transmission option, does not have push button start/stop nor automatic climate control. (If you say the petrol Hector has AT, again, its petrol engine is no match for the 7OO's)
You make some very good points, and I agree that the AX5 still offers good value, however the only gripe I have with it, having driven the Hector Shine is that the AX5 variant has been unnecessary cheapened.

For example below are my 2 cents on some of the things the Hector Shine variant gets (despite being almost 1.5 lac cheaper on road in Petrol AT Guise):

1) 60:40 Split seats, which are not offered on XUV700 5 seater variants.
2) Rear center armrest.
3) Soft touch on the front armrest and dash (AXG is hard plastic).
4) Push button start in CVT variant.
5) Body colour ORVMS (my ZEN had this 20 years ago but AX5 does not ).
6) Electronic parking brake and hill hold (in CVT variant).
7) Smart access door handles (in CVT variant).

While there are a lot of things which the XUV700 has over cars like the Hector, this unnecessary cheapening of the car leaves a bad taste in the mouth and makes me hesitate to go for is, as I know these are features they will definitely add next year. Also what is the logic behind not offering 7 seater option in Petrol AT but offering it in diesel AT for AX5
nasir88 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:46   #1612
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Thane
Posts: 46
Thanked: 105 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Don't be under the faintest doubt that all this was just based on M&M listening to customer feedback and responding magically with two new variants in days! There is no way a company can plan, source, market two completely new variants in 5 days! This was all pre-planned to the day.[/list]
Itís all possible, however think about this - what if there would have been no clamour for the fully loaded AWD variant, then could they have launched it anyway just 2 days before the start of the booking? Maybe not as then it would have led to a muddle potentially risking customers walking away or at best delaying their decision. Either they were very sure that there will be an uproar and they can then launch the two variants or they were seriously worried about pricing it too close to Safari. Either ways many of us are not complaining as from the looks of it it is still a value buy if one was looking for a 7 seater with proven mechanicals and creature comforts, now how it turns out in the real world is a 2.9 million rupee question .
Jyotil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 21:54   #1613
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Delhi/Shimla
Posts: 97
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Yes, i was looking for authentic news on FE, but none is available. I expect to get max. 13 Kms. with Diesel AT on Highways with my kind of hard driving.

I am seriously considering the fact that my Highway/Expressways drives (especially the one I do regularly) have very limited speed limits ( & have Speed cameras installed ) and would buying such a powerful enticing engine would be a help on my Highway drives (looking at anticipated FE, it is an added concern) . All my present vehicles are good for the next 5 years + or so & I am in double mind to let XUV go and buy an electric vehicle with a real range of about 600 Kms after 5-6 years.

Thoroughly confused.

Just sharing my thoughts and my thought process may be entirely wrong for some Guys here.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Guess there are no authentic news on FE. ARAI figures if any are not of much use. But one can safely assume the FE of these high displacement powerful turbo engines, more so when the tune is performance oriented. One can refer the Thar FE (same engines in lower state of tune) and consider 10-15% lesser values for XUV 700. I expect the below figures for XUV 700. Highway figures are assumed in sedate driving conditions.

Petrol: 6-7-8 in city & 10-12 on highways, 10% less for AT
Diesel: 9-10 in city & 13-14 on highways, 10% less for AT.

With petrol, those figures can take a severe beating once your right foot gets heavy.

Real world FE of new Thar D AT is quite well documented by bhpian ph03n!x in the below thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5050532

Last edited by Manojah : 5th October 2021 at 21:55.
Manojah is offline  
Old 5th October 2021, 22:13   #1614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 229
Thanked: 1,696 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
You make some very good points, and I agree that the AX5 still offers good value, however the only gripe I have with it, having driven the Hector Shine is that the AX5 variant has been unnecessary cheapened.

For example below are my 2 cents on some of the things the Hector Shine variant gets (despite being almost 1.5 lac cheaper on road in Petrol AT Guise):

1) 60:40 Split seats, which are not offered on XUV700 5 seater variants.
2) Rear center armrest.
3) Soft touch on the front armrest and dash (AXG is hard plastic).
4) Push button start in CVT variant.
5) Body colour ORVMS (my ZEN had this 20 years ago but AX5 does not ).
6) Electronic parking brake and hill hold (in CVT variant).
7) Smart access door handles (in CVT variant).

While there are a lot of things which the XUV700 has over cars like the Hector, this unnecessary cheapening of the car leaves a bad taste in the mouth and makes me hesitate to go for is, as I know these are features they will definitely add next year. Also what is the logic behind not offering 7 seater option in Petrol AT but offering it in diesel AT for AX5
I get your point, mate. Rather than adding features for the AX5 (diesel MT, 5 seater, Rs 15.59 lacs), Mahindra should have just launched AX7 diesel MT with 5 seats at Rs 17.59 lacs (Rs 60K less than the 7 seater). These two variants would have nicely sat on either side of Hector Shine diesel MT (5 seater, Rs 16.50 lacs) and crushed it from both sides. The difference in price looks enormous between the AX5 and AX7 only because AX7 doesn't come in a 5 seater configuration.

Ideally AX7 should be compared only with Hector Plus and Safari and not against Hector/Harrier. The Sharp Diesel MT variant of Hector Plus retails at Rs 19.99 lacs against AX7's Rs 18.19 lacs.

Last edited by Geta : 5th October 2021 at 22:18.
Geta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:29   #1615
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 48
Thanked: 149 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

AX5 D AT pricing is within reach of Thar D AT HT. Tempted to end the wait for Thar and use the booking amount for XUV700. The last price hike on Thar is a factor as well. Each has its own charm, so thoroughly confused!

Have Jazz and A-star automatic for city runs, so it is more for experience on highway/offroad, prefer automatic so that wife can also drive. Anyone else with this dilemma, especially with AWD? I am not keen on 7 seats and hence not considering the AWD variants.
Mogs is offline  
Old 5th October 2021, 22:48   #1616
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 135
Thanked: 404 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
Mahindra should have just launched AX7 diesel MT with 5 seats at Rs 17.59 lacs (Rs 60K less than the 7 seater). These two variants would have nicely sat on either side of Hector Shine diesel MT (5 seater, Rs 16.50 lacs) and crushed it from both sides.
I really do hope they launch such a variant, although I know they are doing this because of the semiconductor issue and also maybe because there is talk of a XUV500 launching in 2023.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:02   #1617
BHPian
 
yogishkamath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 346 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Pretend to respond to customer feedback and launch top end AWD with Luxury Pack on October 5th at 22.89 lakhs (Quiet voices, hoarse from all the screaming "Ra-Ra-XUV700" in the last few days go "Now this is more pricey than the Safari, but I guess it is worth it because it has all wheel drive?"
The top end Safari is still costlier than the XUV though - by about 30K
yogishkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:12   #1618
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 130
Thanked: 230 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
By the time Mahindra gives you the AX5 with the features you want, the Duster would have aged with the added depreciation and a couple of price revisions would make the AX5 closer to the AX7 ballpark. Worth pondering if you ask me and take the leap of faith .
Exactly my thought. Conservative estimates if the C or T packs come to AX 5 as of today it will range from 1.2 to 1.5 L that takes the ex showroom price of Ax 5 Diesel MT 5 seater to appx 17 L and if a 7 seater then 17.6 L.
Moreover these options wont be offered atleast before Jun '22 and by then the price atleast would have been revised twice( No thanks to the Korean brothers for bringing this trend to our shores). Considering a conservative price increase forJan'22, an Jun'22 to be 50k each. The total ex showroom prices goes upto 18L for 5 seater and 18.6L 7 seater Ax5 Diesel MT, which is higher than Ax7 Diesel MT non L pack.
Now if you hold back your 15.6 odd lakh and invest for 6 months, optimistically with 10%pa roi then it would still be just additional 70-80k which would not cover your inflation rates for increase in the prices.
Hence if your really hooked with the Xuv just go ahead with whatever trim you have selected or just 1 above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Honestly, Infy can take it easy here. Mahindra has their own IT company - Tech Mahindra. Rest assured they'll get fried when things go South!

Hope they sort out the AX5 variant- this is one variant which can gobble up Creta and Seltos sales and nullify C segment sedan sales if equipped sensibly.
So true. I was almost at the verge of booking either of the Korean brothers, but with a big big heavy heart due to lack of decent options. Every time I TD the vehichles I would find issues related to vibration in the footwell or the shuddering doors or cracked windscreen with just a small spec of stone on the highway. But boy do we have a new beffed up new kid on the block. Just comeover the start stop button n ACC in AX5 and feel the door thud of the xuv, you would stop singing the korean tune and come out of the race

Last edited by ampere : 5th October 2021 at 23:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 23:42   #1619
BHPian
 
Sran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Patna
Posts: 416
Thanked: 2,244 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post

Finishing was bad in all the cars under the tailgate. Front headlights too.
Undoubtedly very bad finishing. Looks like the a finger has been run along to smoothen the joint surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
In both these steering images, the Mahindra logo is off-centered. Someone who is visiting the showroom must check this out.
Sran is offline  
Old 5th October 2021, 23:51   #1620
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 11
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I noticed during the showroom visit that the fuel door can be opened by merely pressing on it. I am not sure if this is only the case when the car is unlocked, or even when it is locked. In the latter scenario, isn't there a risk of fuel theft while the car is parked (ex. overnight)? Would be glad to hear if anyone has any views on this? Thanks.
ayushg11 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks