Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 15:11   #1816

XUV700 cross 25000 bookings under an hour

XUV700 clocks 25k bookings in just 55 mins of opening booking today. The introductory pricing was only valid for the first 25k customers. Prices will be hiked now for new bookings.

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/mah...1-4295024.html
Abhinav1586 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:11   #1817
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
One more 7OO rear-ended. No details available yet. Pic received on Whatsapp.

Makes me wonder if the slowing down process of the 7OO in such situation triggers the rear tail lights and the HMSL to light up, as a warning to the traffic following right behind it. Someone needs to check this function in the 7OO, as it could be a traffic safety issue.
It’s a great point! If the tail lights (brake lights) don’t fire up with ADAS taking control of braking would be hazardous for the traffic following it.

Anyone is aware of this?
Old 7th October 2021, 15:12   #1818
Senior - BHPian

What happens if 5% bookings or even 10% get cancelled in due course? Will they reallocate it to the ones in queue with price protection? 5% translates to 1250 units which is a pretty big number. Min. 5% cancellations are very likely since there's a huge waiting period on the anvil. They may have factored in the possible cancellations too when they decided on the 25k cut off with introductory prices.

This time they decided to do away with the lottery system which was there during XUV 500 launch.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 7th October 2021 at 15:33.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:18   #1819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
What happens if 5% bookings or even 10% get cancelled in due course? Will they reallocate it to the ones in queue with price protection?
From the info I have got from my nearest Mahindra dealership, all the pre-orders in the "Add To Cart" which have not been converted to official bookings today have been/will be wiped clean.

For the fresh bookings starting from tomorrow, the "Add To Cart" process has to be started all over again by the customers.

This dealership managed 18 bookings in those 57 minutes. Apparently, the dealer servers were also having a lot of trouble in that time.

Also, from a fairly reliable birdie, the price increase was always on the cards. The increased prices were already listed inside the corporate office laptops a few days back.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th October 2021 at 15:22. Reason: typo.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:18   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
What happens if 5% bookings or even 10% get cancelled in due course? Will they reallocate it to the ones in queue with price protection? 5% translates to 1250 units which is a pretty big number. Min. 5% cancellations are very likely since there's a huge waiting period on the anvil. They may have factored in the possible cancellations too when they decided the 25k cut off with introductory prices.
I dont see anybody except Mahindra getting the benefit of cancellations. There isnt any waiting queue.
Old 7th October 2021, 15:22   #1821
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2216136

I wonder if these rear-end incidents are happening due to the ADAS & adaptive cruise control systems. A speeding 7OO suddenly slows down due to a sudden/inevitable block in it's cruising path, but the vehicle following behind it isn't able to brake/slow down that quickly or in time.

Makes me wonder if the slowing down process of the 7OO in such situation triggers the rear tail lights and the HMSL to light up, as a warning to the traffic following right behind it. Someone needs to check this function in the 7OO, as it could be a traffic safety issue.
I think the reason might be because most of the test drive vehicles are automatic ones. When an inexperienced manual driver gets into an automatic car, they are more likely to press the Brake by habit thinking it is the clutch. During my test drive, the service advisor who accompanied me told me that he has to remind a lot of people to keep their left foot on the foot rest as most are used to drive manual car.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th October 2021 at 11:09. Reason: typo edited
Desi Dybuk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:30   #1822

I have received the congratulatory SMS but when I click on the link and try to login using my mobile number, it says no account to be found and it asks me to create a new account. Did anyone else face this?
hardshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:32   #1823
BHPian

Quote:

It will and has to light up - else no certification. I had worked on ADAS and ESP a bit(not M&M), where even if the auto braking is applied to stabilize the vehicle, without any brake pedal switch input the lights will glow. Even the deceleration limits are tuned to not involve in a panic brake situation or discomfort to passengers. Unless it's a very rare scenario and still within certain limit of deceleration.

The XUV5OO had panic braking indicator, which makes the hazard lights ON automatically if a high deceleration rate is achieved and above a set speed.

Last edited by saikarthik : 7th October 2021 at 15:37.
saikarthik is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:33   #1824
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2216136

I wonder if these rear-end incidents are happening due to the ADAS & adaptive cruise control systems. A speeding 7OO suddenly slows down due to a sudden/inevitable block in it's cruising path, but the vehicle following behind it isn't able to brake/slow down that quickly or in time.

High chances of what you mentioned is true. Hope people don't go overboard with these new tech and gizmos.

Technology is both a boon and bane at times. I've been driving a manual for the last 14 years and have to admit test drives on the automatic is nervy, I can feel my left leg and hand going numb when I need to pick up speed or slow down. People are bound to make mistakes this way. To add to this tech like ADAS and emergency braking is something one needs to get used to and it's not going to be easy, especially in city conditions.

I'm moving up from a first gen Swift Dzire Diesel Manual that I drove for 10 years. I need to first understand how cruise control works properly.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th October 2021 at 08:57. Reason: Please do not use profanity / foul words despite you acknowledging them. Next instance can attract mod action. Thanks.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:42   #1825
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2216136
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
This happened in Faridabad yesterday. A friend told me about this. The driver was not used to driving an automatic and braked suddenly (probably used his left foot) and got rear-ended by a truck!
If that is the outcome of a truck rear-ending the vehicle, it's an impressively built "plastic" tail-gate I'd have to say. It fared nearly as well as a regular metal tail-gate.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:53   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.Makes me wonder if the slowing down process of the 7OO in such situation triggers the rear tail lights and the HMSL to light up, as a warning to the traffic following right behind it. Someone needs to check this function in the 7OO, as it could be a traffic safety issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
It will and has to light up - else no certification. The XUV5OO had panic braking indicator, which makes the hazard lights ON automatically if a high deceleration rate is achieved and above a set speed.
Even then, it won't be a bad idea to keep extra distance while trailing cars like XUV700, Gloster etc. What we see from behind may not necessarily be the same what ADAS sees.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:57   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
I have received the congratulatory SMS but when I click on the link and try to login using my mobile number, it says no account to be found and it asks me to create a new account. Did anyone else face this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Received an SMS congratulating me on the booking but when I click on the link to track the booking details, it says 'no booking found'.
In my case I logged in using my phone number since I had already registered but the account doesn't show any booking, possibly because the booking was done though a dealer.
Old 7th October 2021, 16:04   #1828
BHPian

With the price range of 11.98 to 22.89 lakhs ex- showroom(now revised) across variants, is the XUV 7OO one of those rare(if not the only one) cars whose top spec variant costs almost twice as much as the entry level variant? Perhaps the on-road price delta between the variants is going to get even more amplified.

Revised price range- 12.49 to 22.99 lakhs ex-showroom.

Last edited by Emvi : 7th October 2021 at 16:21. Reason: Redundant information deleted, revised price range added
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:11   #1829
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this as an official update from a friend who completed his booking in Delhi:-

Warranty - 3 years/Unlimited kms

RSA - 3 years complimentary, and after customer can get upto 8 years

Maintenance Cost - Rs 0.49/km (diesel) & Rs 0.50/km (petrol)

Seat adjustments:-
MX = 4 way manual,
AX3/AX5 = 6 way manual,
AX7 = 6 way power adjustable.
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 16:25   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
With the price range of 11.98 to 22.89 lakhs ex- showroom(now revised) across variants, is the XUV 7OO one of those rare(if not the only one) cars whose top spec variant costs almost twice as much as the entry level variant? Perhaps the on-road price delta between the variants is going to get even more amplified.

Revised price range- 12.49 to 22.99 lakhs ex-showroom.
As per the Mahindra website these prices are applicable only for the next 25000 bookings. After that price at the time of delivery will prevail. No price guarantee after first 50000 bookings. So expect the RUSH tomorrow as well.
febin8055 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks