Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 13:26   #1921
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Nothing special at all. Its just an XUV, so lets lighten up.
But shouldn't it feel special sir? Especially at that price. The 14 lac MX base and 29 lac AX7L AWD have the same plastics, which though fine in the former don't give the WOW factor in the latter. Some would expect more premiumness at 29 lacs. That is compass territory and that vehicle sure does feel premium inside out (it has it's downsides too like any other car).
Lowflyer23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 13:55   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
Total bookings crossed 50,000 mark
I am one of them.

Booked today, yet to receive the confirmation sms from Mahindra. I did get an email congratulating me for the booking, but nothing else. Hopefully everything is done and there are no more glitches.

I decided to take the plunge because it made sense personally, not because of any FOMO induced by Mahindra - if for some reason I need to cancel the booking later (I probably will, if the waiting period is an year or so), INR 2100 is a small price to pay for the price protection being offered now.
a_chelat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:21   #1923
BHPian

I think this is the good time for Tata to introduce AWD and few more nice to have features which they are already doing it by the way and steal at least few thousands booking from Mahindra considering it would take at least a year to process the current backlog of 50K. They can even go bit aggressive by adding a new screen and few other features and keeping the price in check.
SNayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:23   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
I too booked AX7 D MT from one of the dealers in Bangalore. I got an email regarding the confirmation of booking at 10:20AM but it didnt have reference ID. When I messaged the dealer on the same he said I will be getting the reference number soon but the booking is done and this falls under 25000.

Did any of you got the reference number?
I haven't got any reference ID or OTF from the dealer. All I got was an sms which has link to track, but it shows nothing against my booking.
The SA says that booking is confirmed and it will take 1-2 days to receive further communication. What is your status ? Did you receive any update from the dealer ?
Old 8th October 2021, 14:25   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Just got a call from the dealer that they can take my booking per introductory prices as I had shown interest for the car long back.
This shows it's a marketing ploy by Mahindra to garner eye balls and put the fear of FOMO into customers who are on the fence with the XUV700.
I got an email from the dealer again stating that they are ready to offer me launch price of I book before 2:15PM.
This deadline was EOD yesterday, then it moved to 10AM today and now it's 2:15PM.

This again proves that something is amiss in the number of bookings received by Mahindra for XUV700.
It could be from Mahindra's end or from the dealer end who might have booked the units, but don't have actual customers for their bookings.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211008_141909.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:34   #1926
Senior - BHPian

There is a disclaimer that prices at the time of delivery will prevail. So will anyone get the car at launch price?

Name:  Screen Shot 20211008 at 2.34.01 PM.png
Views: 628
Size:  85.5 KB
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:37   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
But shouldn't it feel special sir? Especially at that price. The 14 lac MX base and 29 lac AX7L AWD have the same plastics, which though fine in the former don't give the WOW factor in the latter. Some would expect more premiumness at 29 lacs. That is compass territory and that vehicle sure does feel premium inside out (it has it's downsides too like any other car).
A few counter points:

1. At 27L OTR for AX7L Automatic Diesel, I am going to compare it to Safari Adv Persona which is the same price. The XUV definitely has a far superior cabin and better quality interiors than the Safari. To say nothing of the fact that it has more safety aids and a more powerful engine and better suspension. (Not commenting on safety since both are untested but as per leaks on this forum, the XUV is well ahead of the Safari on this count too).

2. If you are in the market for a 25L vehicle, the XUV gives you more value (features, space, safety, price guarantee) than anything else on the market right now.

3. The Jeep territory is close to 35L OTR for a four-and-a-half seater. The 7 seater version will IMO touch 40L OTR.

Some people can and will stretch their budget. Most will just go for the XUV.

I actually feel the pain of missing out on Day 1 pricing for XUV. But my biggest complaint is that the playing field for dealers / online consumers was not level. The least they could've done was clearly put it out that dealers will have a different process / site / server so that people could make an informed decision.
charade is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 14:42   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I got an email from the dealer again stating that they are ready to offer me launch price of I book before 2:15PM.
This deadline was EOD yesterday, then it moved to 10AM today and now it's 2:15PM.

This again proves that something is amiss in the number of bookings received by Mahindra for XUV700.
It could be from Mahindra's end or from the dealer end who might have booked the units, but don't have actual customers for their bookings.
I got a similar email from a dealer. I spoke to the sales manager & what she told me is that those who had registered online before by adding it to the cart only are eligible.

So, what it looks like is that Mahindra had 'reserved' the 25k slots for the 'add to cart' crowd & didn't actually wait for the payments before closing the booking online. This was probably to ensure that dealerships were actually able to book & didn't disappoint customers who had contacted them because of the 'fastest finger first!' shenanigans.

I am ashamed to say that I have succumbed to the FOMO effect. I really don't need a new car but the itch was too much for me not to scratch.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 15:01   #1929

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Finally managed to book. Downgraded from my earlier selection of AX7 DIESEL MANUAL LUXURY to a AX7 DIESEL MANUAL only.
Realised I was going to end up paying almost 2L+ just for blind view monitoring and 360 degree view (adaptive cruise stop and go and smart pilot are limited to automatic.
Now the wait starts ��
You skipped the 3D music system too.
atsphenomenon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 15:05   #1930
BHPian

I just can't help but think the whole booking process has been made keeping the dealers in mind and making sure they are happy and can potentially make as much as possible via the XUV 700 as they did with the Thar.

Getting a lot of reports that the dealers have booked the wrong variant instead of booking what the customer had asked for. Now the dealers say that the variant cannot be changed as it has been punched into the system! Now I'm quite sure that the dealers will get cancellations and will be in a position to switch/modify the booking but what if they don't? The dealer can easily squeeze in anyone who is willing to go for that particular variant by charging a 'priority fee' perhaps?
Old 8th October 2021, 15:08   #1931

Bookings cross 50,000 mark in Day 2..!! This is absolutely crazy. looks like Mahindra will surpass competition in a weeks time.

But this also brings the question of waiting period. 50,000 bookings will take more than a year to deliver. Which means we are looking at 1+ year waiting already.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...dtv_topstories
Old 8th October 2021, 15:36   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
I haven't got any reference ID or OTF from the dealer. All I got was an sms which has link to track, but it shows nothing against my booking.
The SA says that booking is confirmed and it will take 1-2 days to receive further communication. What is your status ? Did you receive any update from the dealer ?
This morning I reached out to the dealer and he shared the OTF id. I think if one gets a mail or message with booking details of variant and color it is safe to assume the order is placed
RachhaMan10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 15:47   #1933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Looks like everyone was doing fastest finger first
The dealer where I booked in Bangalore was able to secure 700 bookings within 1st 15 mins. They claim that they have the highest booking in South India.
I don't think this can be achieved with 30 people doing data entry. 700bookings / 30 is 23.33 bookings by 1 person in 15mins. that is less than 40 secs per booking. Even to just complete the payment in 40 secs is like super human efforts.
Arvind319 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 15:54   #1934
BANNED

Test drove the Manual Petrol MT today, it sure packs a punch and would leave my Hexa in dust. But then the kinda planted feel, the pure bliss of a Hydraulic steering, the sturdy feel, was all missing.

Having bought a Polo in April, I'll cancel my White MX Petrol booking, not to my liking for 15 odd big ones.

Not to discourage anyone but this at 28-29 is a big ask. I would never imagine paying that amount just for the gizmos that are being offered.

If anyone in the NCR would want to take my cancellation forward and book it against their name, I shall be more than happy to help.

Please PM me, if you may need help with switching the booking.
Torquedo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 16:06   #1935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
1. As of now the diesel variant of the XUV700 is 5 star GNCAP ready but the petrol variant is a borderline case. So it's likely that Mahindra will send the diesel variant to GNCAP but they are working on making the petrol variant get a comfortable 5 star score so we will have to wait and see which variant they send finally.

6. According to my sources, the stockyard at Mahindra's Chakan plant is choc a bloc with XUV700s but they are waiting for the final certification for Android Auto and Apple Carplay before sending the cars to dealerships. This certification is expected to be done in this week itself.
How does this work if on one hand they are still tweaking around models to get a perfect 5 star GNCAP rating and on the other hand already have the stockyard filled with ready cars to be delivered to customers?
SnS_12 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks