Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 13:02   #2101
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

My OTF has a totally different format from whatever is being discussed here. Manually booked from Ananth Cars.
Old 11th October 2021, 13:04   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Delivery Periods looks like a cause of big concern here -

Mahindra XUV700 Waiting Period Likely To Cross 1 Yr – Before 1st Delivery

Copyright (C) 'RUSH LANE' Read more at... https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12414745.html .
What they are hinting to is after they have announced delivery schedule for the current lot, for any new bookings the waiting period could be as high as 1 year.
Jyotil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:07   #2103
Distinguished - BHPian

The fun will start when the showoff idiots of our country get their hands on their spanking new 7OOs and immediately zoom into a in-city zip across crowded roads or highway runs with their friends to show off the ADAS & adaptive cruise control features.

I expect a lot more rear-ends once the cars are delivered, specially on the highways/expressways. Quite a few front-ends too, when ADAS might not work/is too late to respond.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th October 2021 at 13:25. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:19   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Delivery Periods looks like a cause of big concern here -

Mahindra XUV700 Waiting Period Likely To Cross 1 Yr – Before 1st Delivery

Copyright (C) 'RUSH LANE' Read more at... https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12414745.html .
Seems unlikely. If this were the case, Mahindra wouldn't have announced delivery time period just a month away.

This will probably apply to any future lots.
Old 11th October 2021, 13:24   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
What they are hinting to is after they have announced delivery schedule for the current lot, for any new bookings the waiting period could be as high as 1 year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Seems unlikely. If this were the case, Mahindra wouldn't have announced delivery time period just a month away.

This will probably apply to any future lots.
Yes, it looks like for future bookings. The title of the article was confusing or I probably misunderstood it.
Old 11th October 2021, 13:25   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
Apparently they have quoted the Booking confirmation image that of mine, which I had shared on the thread earlier. However from the article it suggests for future bookings beyond the current 50K is what would have to wait for 1 year or so
Old 11th October 2021, 13:35   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Or are we expected to book and get deliveries just based on the test track reviews/short TDs.
Also considering someone who has gone for the AWD top variant, there is absolutely limited information on that as it wasn't tested by anyone except for the staged off roading course.
The top variant was introduced a couple of days before the commencement of booking. They haven't started manufacturing it yet. I reckon it will only start getting delivered in Q1 2022 and we won't have any ownership reviews worth their salt until later in the first quarter.

So, earliest that you can book this with more data than we have now is maybe in 5 months.

The wait-time for someone who books now is already touching 1 year. If you book in March 2022, the ETA could be late 2023 or something insane like that.
yogishkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 13:56   #2108
BHPian

The "external consulting firm" that's going to work on the bookings by employing some algorithm, sort of sounds like a lottery system, IMHO. What is the protocol to be followed for the said algorithm? I think this is still anything but transparent!
Old 11th October 2021, 14:07   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The "external consulting firm" that's going to work on the bookings by employing some algorithm, sort of sounds like a lottery system, IMHO. What is the protocol to be followed for the said algorithm? I think this is still anything but transparent!
Algorithm . It's basically telling us, that they would sell to maximize their profit and keep the dealer preferences. Dealers would take the media hit if any and company will take credits of the no.s of cars delivered, with no breakups of which models, to keep a straight face in the public.

You can see from their Thar dealings done under the table and the genuine buyers waiting for 6-8 months with no delivery in sight. So am I to assume that this sophisticated algorithm is developed only for the XUV and can't be applied to Thar ? Just an eyewash IMHO and it's easier to blame an external consulting firm with an AI based algorithm, which has an excel sheet behind the scenes to maximise profits.
sixthsense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:26   #2110
BHPian

3 row SUVs and XUV 7OO.
For the longest time, I have been checking out reviews of 3 row SUV's the world over. Generally, all have limited space for adults. I realized, here lies the fallacy, a 3 row SUV is not meant to be super comfortable in the 3rd row. For that you ought to check out MPVs or minivans. A la Innova for example.

Still, XUV 7OO didn't need to have a cramped 3rd row for an excuse of a 7 seater. They could have charged extra for engineering in a sliding middle row for the 7 seater version over a 5 seater version.
Then the cramped 3rd row would've become a lot more usable.

A long road-trip with all 7 seats occupied with luggage of all 7 occupants is an occasion for adjustment and compromise. None of the current SUVs and MUVs can accomplish the same barring a carrier on the roof. So people looking for such road trips on a regular basis must/should look at other options as these 3 row SUV's are basically 5 seaters plus luggage for long trips (5 day+) and only occasional 7 seaters for short hauls, or intercity travel at best.

On a side note.
We used to do long road-trips, full family of 6 plus driver in our humble Ambassador. Yet, we were all happy and chirpy (or probably we were made to). Adjustment and compromise were taken along bag fulls.
fazalmirza is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:47   #2111
BHPian

Some members have expressed the opinion that it might be better to wait for the freshly baked product to mature before plonking down 20-25 lakhs. And it is with good reason & based on past experience that this suggestion has been offered. Most buyers should definitely heed this sensible advice.

However, beyond the FOMO effect, there is another aspect too; Lay's Chips phenomena. (Lays Chips sold for Rs 10 a decade ago & still sells at the same price. But the quantity has gone on a diet)

When I bought my Fluidic Verna in 2011, even the basic model came with Disc Brakes all around & had 3 head rests for the rear bench. However, within 2-3 years, to maintain the same prices, Hyundai went & replaced the rear discs to decidedly inferior drum brakes and removed the rear middle head rest as well. For a while, even if you had opted for the top most variant, you could only get rear drum brakes.

Recently, Ford had resorted to remove many useful features from their best seller Ecosport & Figo just to be price competitive. Even Tata Nexon has gone through this; the oft-used physical buttons have been removed from the infotainment screen.

So, some might have a little more risk appetite & save money on the initial offer and de-risk from losing features and at the same time, pray that niggles are kept to a minimum.

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 11th October 2021 at 14:55. Reason: Spelling & grammar
Desi Dybuk is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:09   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Going a bit OT here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
..... None of the current SUVs and MUVs can accomplish the same barring a carrier on the roof.....
There is an exception though. The Kia Carnival. Even with the 3 rows in use, you have 540L of boot space available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Even with the third-row seats in place, there is an awesome 540 liters of luggage space available! There's a deep pit that adds to the cargo capacity (remember, spare wheel is below the 2nd-row seat). Kia has given a chrome-brushed plate for protection while adding / removing luggage:

kkr2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 15:45   #2113
BHPian

My Booking experience thus far (not yet booked though)

I was invited by the SA for the launch of the car on OCT 1, I went around 8.30 PM to see the showroom packed with people and had a long waiting line for TD. My preference was AX7 AT AWD. Despite informing the same, I got MT variant for a 5 minute test drive which was mostly rushed. I told SA that am seriously considering booking the car but need 30 minutes of TD in AT variant. Long story short, I got no chance to TD the AT variant. No follow-up from SA after completion of 50K bookings. For a while, I was thinking of taking the plunge and book in the second 25K slot but I was too late.

I wish I got a follow-up and update on possibility of 30 Minute TD but seems like the SA is no longer interested. I will happily look for another dealer now, as am not ready to risk north of 25L with this dealer.
sudharshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:33   #2114
BHPian

Finally, a review of base MX version of XUV 700. This is from carandbike.

XUV 700 MX Review

The interior

Mahindra XUV700 Review-capture1.jpg

A glimpse of boot space in a 5 seater (this I was searching for)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-capture2.jpg

Last edited by NH08 : 11th October 2021 at 16:34.
NH08 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:39   #2115

If anyone is interested in the MX variant, they can checkout this video -
TheProModder is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks