Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 13:58   #2326
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Nar View Post
I have managed to book through dealer on 7-Oct, it also has the price mentioned as per day 1 for AX7-DSL-7seater-MT and OTF Sr No is something like B-664XXXX. This starts adding to more confusion on the alphanumeric combination and the numbers also doesn't signify the series considering the fact only 25k booking were accepted on day 1.
We don't have a choice other than to wait for the so external consultancy's algorithm to decide on the delivery dates.
I too have been provided the similar format as OTF No.Booked from Ananth cars , Mysore Road.
Old 18th October 2021, 14:18   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I too have been provided the similar format as OTF No.Booked from Ananth cars , Mysore Road.
My booking is with Sireesh Auto, North Bangalore. So this eliminates the possibility of the format being dealer specific identification.
Old 18th October 2021, 14:22   #2328
Distinguished - BHPian

Delivery details will be shared with all customers who have pre-booked their 7OOs from today evening onwards by the respective local dealerships.
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 14:23   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
OTF Sr No is something like B-664XXXX. This starts adding to more confusion...
Mahindra DMS (Dealer Management System) shows two ids based on the screenshots I have seen. One is 'DMS Booking Number' which takes the form OTF21A, OTF22B etc. followed by a 6 digit number. The number you have mentioned is displayed on DMS as 'OTF ID' which appears like a serial number. I booked on 7th too and the OTF ID is B-6639XXX while the DMS Booking Number is OTF22E000YYY for an AX7 Petrol AT. In the customer folder maintained by the dealer, they have just mentioned 'OTF YYY'.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 14:32   #2330
BHPian

Quote:
I have managed to book through dealer on 7-Oct, it also has the price mentioned as per day 1 for AX7-DSL-7seater-MT and OTF Sr No is something like B-664XXXX. This starts adding to more confusion on the alphanumeric combination and the numbers also doesn't signify the series considering the fact only 25k booking were accepted on day 1.
We don't have a choice other than to wait for the so external consultancy's algorithm to decide on the delivery dates.
I too had that number in my OTF form, however that is not the OTF number being referenced. I called up the Mahindra Customercare centre (18002679929) based on a post shared by Bhpian Yogiskamath, and got the actual OTF ID. Sharing the link to the post shared as below: -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5171325 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Old 18th October 2021, 15:20   #2331
BHPian

Got a call today from a Mahindra representative who wanted to confirm the booking details. He ran through the variant, colour, etc that is reflecting in my booking in their system. Also wanted to know whether I had received booking confirmation E-mail & SMS from Mahindra. Told him I had received both on the day of booking, i.e. 7th Oct itself. Before I could ask him anything else, he just said "Thank you, have a good day!" and hung up.

Last edited by IamNikhil : 18th October 2021 at 15:21. Reason: Typo
IamNikhil is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 15:31   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Question to folks. Did anyone by chance happen to enquire about the CSD availability and prices of XUV700?
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 15:32   #2333
BHPian

I took a TD of XUV7OO AX7 MT variant on Friday and tried opening the sunroof. I tried to open the sunroof using the button and only the curtains got opened, not the sunroof glass. I thought it was a niggle but when i enquired about it to the Mahindra sales executive, he informed me that short press will just open the curtains while a long press is needed to open both curtain and sunroof.
kachamohan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 15:48   #2334
BHPian

Not sure if it was posted earlier on this thread, but there is another AWD variant on XUV7OO website. This one is without the luxury pack. So, we have 2 AWD variants now:

1. AX7 L D AT AWD at INR 22,99,000 ex-showroom
2. AX7 D AT AWD at INR 21,49,001 ex-showroom

This more or less seals XUV7OO for me. Plan to wait for a year for M&M to address the niggles. Even with price hike during this period, the AWD variant without luxury pack should hopefully not go up significantly above INR 22 lacs ex-showroom.
desidino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 16:22   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
...he informed me that short press will just open the curtains while a long press is needed to open both curtain and sunroof.
This is great news. During my TD I could never get an answer as to how to open just the curtains. In the vehicle I tested even short press opened the entire sunroof, which would be a serious problem during rains. Good to know an option now exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
there is another AWD variant on XUV7OO website. This one is without the luxury pack. So, we have 2 AWD variants now:
Non-luxury AWD was actually the original variant. People demanded an L trim for the AWD, so the AWD L is what's new and was added just 3-4 days before 7th Oct after customer demand.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 16:55   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Got a call today from a Mahindra representative who wanted to confirm the booking details. He ran through the variant, colour, etc that is reflecting in my booking in their system. Also wanted to know whether I had received booking confirmation E-mail & SMS from Mahindra. Told him I had received both on the day of booking, i.e. 7th Oct itself. Before I could ask him anything else, he just said "Thank you, have a good day!" and hung up.
Did you book a Diesel or a Petrol? Can you please share the exact trim that you booked?
Old 18th October 2021, 17:00   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
During my TD I could never get an answer as to how to open just the curtains. In the vehicle I tested even short press opened the entire sunroof, which would be a serious problem during rains.

To just open/close just the curtain - It is a half click push. Try pushing the lever slowly and you'll get to know the sweet spot of Half-Click.

To open/close the curtain and sunroof - It is a full click push.

And if you just want to close the sunroof and leave the curtain open, it is a half click again.
AJ739 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 17:05   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
To just open/close just the curtain - It is a half click push.
Wow thank you. None of the salesperson knew this nor was it easily discoverable. I’ll try it out the next time I visit the showroom.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 17:23   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Mahindra DMS (Dealer Management System) shows two ids based on the screenshots I have seen. One is 'DMS Booking Number' which takes the form OTF21A, OTF22B etc. followed by a 6 digit number. The number you have mentioned is displayed on DMS as 'OTF ID' which appears like a serial number. I booked on 7th too and the OTF ID is B-6639XXX while the DMS Booking Number is OTF22E000YYY for an AX7 Petrol AT. In the customer folder maintained by the dealer, they have just mentioned 'OTF YYY'.
The alpha numeric number we're seeing above is what Dealership/ Mahindra calls the 'Booking No' and is the one that goes - "B-6xxxxxxx. The OTF number, however, as member Impala has mentioned, is callled 'DMS Booking No' and is the one that goes - "OTF22Axxxxxx" (OTF as explained earlier and we now know, is 'Order Taking Form').

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
...... I tried to open the sunroof using the button and only the curtains got opened, not the sunroof glass. I thought it was a niggle but when i enquired about it to the Mahindra sales executive, he informed me that short press will just open the curtains while a long press is needed to open both curtain and sunroof.
And that's perfect, it's how a sunroof should work, from my experience. Often, we don't need the sunroof glass open, just the curtain beneath opened (even partially), works. I'm glad to hear this is the case in XUV 7OO as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
Not sure if it was posted earlier on this thread, but there is another AWD variant on XUV7OO website. This one is without the luxury pack. So, we have 2 AWD variants now:

1. AX7 L D AT AWD at INR 22,99,000 ex-showroom
2. AX7 D AT AWD at INR 21,49,001 ex-showroom

This more or less seals XUV7OO for me. Plan to wait for a year for M&M to address the niggles. Even with price hike during this period, the AWD variant without luxury pack should hopefully not go up significantly above INR 22 lacs ex-showroom.
The XUV 7OO Diesel AWD variant without the 'L' pack option, was the first available AWD variant. which was initially ₹ 21,09,000 (prior to price rise on 08 October 2021). Its the AWD with Luxury pack, that was added later, for ₹ 22,89,000, on 05 October 2021.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 17:38   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I called up the Mahindra Customercare centre (18002679929)
Someone from Mahindra had called me today to discuss a different issue. He gave me another number: 18002096006. At this number, they will give you the OTF Id and the variant details as well.
yogishkamath is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks