Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2021, 23:46   #2431
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I had made a booking through a dealer in Pune,
Surprisingly my bookings page shows two bookings in my name, one of the dealer through whom I booked and the other through a Ranchi based dealer, same variants, one petrol and the other diesel, seems like a software glitch.

Last edited by Dark water : 20th October 2021 at 23:58.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:51   #2432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Most people who booked on October 7th and 8th haven't yet heard back from Mahindra about a delivery date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
If Petrol variant delivery is spilling into December, God help the Diesel variants
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Any news on diesel variants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Politely told him that boss, there's no indication of car delivery yet, what will I do with accessories!!!
Today's official press release clarifies:-

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th October 2021 at 23:53.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 00:13   #2433
BHPian

Received the booking confirmation however it made me feel limbo on one thing regarding the price.

I have made the booking on OCT-10 around 10.30 AM.

According to this email, it seems they are honouring OCT-7th prices. Am I reading this right? To recall, the prices have been revised on OCT-8th onwards and this email make me feel like I hit a jackpot so before I celebrate looking to validate my thoughts :-)
Attached Images

motorhead123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 00:24   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
I had made a booking through a dealer in Pune,
Surprisingly my bookings page shows two bookings in my name, one of the dealer through whom I booked and the other through a Ranchi based dealer, same variants, one petrol and the other diesel, seems like a software glitch.
People are struggling to get one and you have got two of them, that too free Just kidding am sure its a s/w glitch and some poor developer must be burning the midnight oil to fix it
Old 21st October 2021, 00:30   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
People are struggling to get one and you have got two of them, that too free Just kidding am sure its a s/w glitch and some poor developer must be burning the midnight oil to fix it

I am skeptical of informing them about the glitch, fearing my variant doesn't get canceled
Old 21st October 2021, 00:46   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tech Mahindra at your service, I hope they are not the one who did major coding for important functions of the car, or else my prayers and good wishes to all the owners. They can't handle data of just 65K bookings when they had all the time in the world to prepare, I shudder to think how are they handling there financial domain clients.
Old 21st October 2021, 01:01   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I hope they are not the one who did major coding for important functions of the car, or else my prayers and good wishes to all the owners.
Thankfully they partnered with Bosch for Adrenox and all the smart features. In fact Bosch is one of the very first companies to come out with ADAS systems, they have been supplying systems for adaptive cruise control from as far back as 2001.

Looking at the level of polish and attention to detail with the Adrenox system and that too at such a low price, they deserve all the praises.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 02:00   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Don't think OTF is displayed online for anyone.
Its showing under my booking for me and was done via a dealer. My Tracking is missing for me.
Old 21st October 2021, 06:47   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
Its showing under my booking for me and was done via a dealer. My Tracking is missing for me.
Just see this post (Mahindra XUV700 Review) by me if you want to see the tracking page.. It seems the page is not updated with live data though, but a link to the page should show up when they are ready with it, may be by October 27th.
Old 21st October 2021, 09:36   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead123 View Post
Received the booking confirmation however it made me feel limbo on one thing regarding the price.

I have made the booking on OCT-10 around 10.30 AM.

According to this email, it seems they are honouring OCT-7th prices. Am I reading this right? To recall, the prices have been revised on OCT-8th onwards and this email make me feel like I hit a jackpot so before I celebrate looking to validate my thoughts :-)
This is really awesome from Mahindra!! I made a booking on OCT-7th with Petrol AT but due to change of mind i again booked AX7 Petrol MT on OCT-8th and cancelled the booking made on OCT-7th. But skeptically I wrote to Mahindra asking previous day price protection for my booking done on OCT-8th and they have honoured my request. Kudos to Mahindra
kachamohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 09:42   #2441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
Here's a list of some of the not well known/hidden/simple yet important features that I found on the AX7 L variant.

3. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System reads out pressure readings of each tyre.
Attachment 2221456

4. Tyre Temperature Readings, again shows readings for each Tyre.
Attachment 2221457
Thanks for sharing all the information, Bhpians explore the features even before the Sales guy.
I can only see information for 4 tyres, where is the pressure/Temp for 5th spare tyre?
Anyone, please shed some light on this?
Did they cut the 5th tyre TPMS to cut the cost?
Even XUV300 and XUV500 have the information for the 5th spare tyre.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-1211.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1222.jpg  

Last edited by rpmmachine : 21st October 2021 at 09:46. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 09:56   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Wadewilson, according to Mahindra, those who booked on 08 October, between 1000 - 1200 IST, also get the bookings secured with the price protection (on the hiked prices prior to 1000 IST on 08 October). It's for bookings made after 1200 IST, that might/ will not get the price protection . . .
Hiya Ajay, I made the booking at 6 pm on 8th October so lost out on the price protection. The dealership called me up and said if I booked then I would get price protection but the variant in my cart was the AX7L Diesel AT (since AT+AWD in Luxury option pack was not available at first). Anyway, told the dealer to change my booking to AX7L Diesel AT+AWD and for that I lost out on the price protection. The dealer said the price hasn't increased much, only 10,000 and the dealership was very forthcoming and transparent throughout the process. As we're not in a hurry, we didn't think much of it and booked through dealer on 8th of October at 6 PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Also a customer someone who can wait for 3-5 months. No hurry. Price protection & possible fix of any early niggles found and reported. Best of both worlds.
Yes, you've nailed my thought process down. I specifically told the sales executive, the GM, and the Regional Sales Head that I'm not in any hurry and can wait as long as needed. The only reason for booking this early was to secure a spot in the waiting list which seems to now stretch well into next year. Hope Mahindra (with their proactive nature) is able to get the initial niggles sorted out early so that those of us who waited will get an almost niggle free car.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 10:16   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Thanks. India Garage is my dealer as well. Let me know if you have any success in negotiating the insurance.

This is what I thought as well. Honestly, the IRVM was not a big miss for me. If I felt the need for one after I bought the car, could have found some after-market alternative or have it retrofitted if Mahindra came out with one.
You could perform this DIY, and for a minimal costing mirror that won't look out of place in the expensive 7OO.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...-rs-838-a.html
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 10:36   #2444
BHPian

Like all others, I too see my booking on the portal and happy that the details are correct as confirmed by the dealer Also, tested the "hack" for tracking and able to see the page, without any live data. Hopeful to see a sooner delivery date

Meanwhile, I see some changes to the interior (Door pad section which had the faux wood finish) of the AX7 L variant via the 360Deg view on Mahindra website. The brushed aluminium lines from the dash seems to be now flowing to the door pads as well with dual finish in that section. It looks neat and maybe we get this finish on our orders? THere's a lot of shiny piano black finish inside and hope they reduce some of that with matte finish.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-700_doorpad.jpg
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 11:10   #2445
BHPian

Got the booking confirmation email from Mahindra with prices as of 7th - I had got a call from dealer on 7th evening promising first day prices for customers who had the vehicle in cart and couldn’t book. They mentioned that Mahindra had sent them a list of such customers and they got my number from that list. The booking was done by dealer on 8th with a condition that the variant and color would have to be same as what was in my cart on 7th.

Can somebody confirm on EPB - the official brochure states that all “AWD” variants would get EPB but the feature list has it only against “L” pack and the 360 view on the site now shows a manual brake for AWD (till yesterday it was showing manual hand brake overlayed on top e brake with both visible). Mine is a AWD without “L” pack, dropped it last min as it was 2.5L.
Sandegov is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed