Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 23:34   #2626
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
6. Mahindra expects to have a niggle free and fully matured XUV700 in the market by July next year.
The single point which irks me to the core.

When I spend 27L, I expect the product to be fully baked and niggle free. On one hand, we have the Kushaq with all the marketing hype still plagued by EPC errors and now we have the XUV 7OO on the other hand about to follow the same suit?

When will the manufacturers learn about the last minute precision? They happily impose RSA charges on us since they know that their cars are designed to break down in the middle of nowhere?

One question to Mahinrdra:

If you're damn good at marketing, why not be damn good at quality offerings right from the beginning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
9. Poor engine mounts? Vibrations are more pronounced in the rear bench when the car is idling
10. Noticed rough edges in the engine bay. Places where you find in usual cars are seam welded, here they are spot welded, grinded and concealed with a kind of paste. Awkward
eccentric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 23:41   #2627
Senior - BHPian

First batch of Mahindra XUV700 deliveries to start on 30th October.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211027_234146.jpg

Mahindra plans to deliver 14,000 XUV700's by 14th January 2022.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th October 2021 at 23:44.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 23:43   #2628
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @ram87pune

If these are the list of issues that are being talked about (in hushed tones) & the AWD (in-)capabilities what was the tearing hurry M&M had. It cot have been better if they had launched the niggle free products. I fear they are hiding more dirt under the carpet.

Somehow there are idiots in Indian Autocos' Boardrooms who are more interested in sales numbers than meaningful after sales support.

Yes they would have left the market for Tata for few more months, but problem free experience would manage much more traction than now (for pent up demand & expectations).

These stupid tactics bring bad name to Indian companies I feel (recall TeamBHP standard note on Tata & Mahindra 1 batch of new launches).
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 23:44   #2629
BHPian

And finally at the End of the Day, Mahindra posts a Tweet :
Mahindra XUV700 Review-tweet.png

Just to make sure to be in records that "they have announced something related to the Deliveries"
Old 27th October 2021, 23:47   #2630
BHPian

Update from the XUV 7OO Twitter handle.
Does this mean that even the first 25k customers shall also have to wait till March or April'22
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211027234240_twitter.jpg  

Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 01:19   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
2. My sources have reiterated that roughly 5500 XUVs produced from the first lot and mainly petrol are likely to face suspension and brake pad noise. So owners should keep a lookout for the same.

3. A new issue which is plaguing the XUV700 is driver side mirror noise when folding and unfolding. So this is another thing to be aware of.

6. Mahindra expects to have a niggle free and fully matured XUV700 in the market by July next year. This is because from around March/April next year they are expecting to have a stabilized supply of matured parts from the suppliers which will enable Mahindra to achieve their target.
Why in the name of God are they beginning deliveries knowing that these cars are already facing these issues right off the bat? Absolutely risky business, IMHO. How do I plan a road trip with the entire family knowing that the suspension and brake pad issue might prove to be a risk during the journey? For a car costing almost 25 lakh, this is a ridiculous way to forcefully push these niggles onto customers. Does the company expect us to keep running to service centres immediately after accepting delivery? What are the honchos at Mahindra thinking; sole focus on sales and revenue figures, zero attention to dedicated resolution of these niggles before starting actual deliveries! Also, what was the company doing for all these months/years during the testing period, if they still haven't been able to correct this? Raises serious QC concerns. Needless to say, this is leading to doubts creeping back in my mind again about Mahindra; the very doubts I had dispelled hoping that the company had finally turned over a new leaf and gone ahead with investing my trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
And finally at the End of the Day, Mahindra posts a Tweet :
Attachment 2224849

Just to make sure to be in records that "they have announced something related to the Deliveries"
And even the tweet gives out abstract and random announcement as has been their trend. The gimmicks are never-ending. No concrete information, just more and more marketing. This is getting on my nerves really!
IamNikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 01:40   #2632
BHPian

While I appreciate all the juicy insider info that ram87pune is providing, we should keep in mind that this info is privileged and lacks any in-depth data. We do not know what % of initial lot is expected to face this issue. Or whether Mahindra will offer free fixes for them or not. When v1.0 of any product launches it will never be perfect. A small % will always have minor defects, no amount of testing will be enough; every production cycle improves with iteration.

Every single manufacturer knows the defects they ship v1 in, the product passes QC as long as those defects are within acceptable range. As long as Mahindra acknowledges them and offers free fixes it should be fine.

About the delivery fiasco, Mahindra has messed up big time. Lack of clarity, cryptic announcements, no transparency has left a bitter taste in many buyers. I expect a lot more people to cancel their bookings out of frustration.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 28th October 2021 at 01:49.
Tanmay007 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 07:09   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
While I appreciate all the juicy insider info that ram87pune is providing, we should keep in mind that this info is privileged and lacks any in-depth data. We do not know what % of initial lot is expected to face this issue. Or whether Mahindra will offer free fixes for them or not. When v1.0 of any product launches it will never be perfect. A small % will always have minor defects, no amount of testing will be enough; every production cycle improves with iteration.

Every single manufacturer knows the defects they ship v1 in, the product passes QC as long as those defects are within acceptable range. As long as Mahindra acknowledges them and offers free fixes it should be fine
Yes, I had the same thoughts too.. and i was thinking why should an "insider" reveal that the products have niggles, rather than what Mahindra is doing to fix them, or even more detailed info on the same. As Tanmay007 said, there may be few niggles in v1, but multiple test drives by me and family were really satisfactory.. Anyway, user reviews will start to come after the first batch of deliveries, many of us may still have time to reconsider.

Just my two cents.
drshajul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 07:42   #2634
BHPian

Hey guys! Received email from M&M stating that my delivery date is 28-NOV-2021. Also folks please do check for the mail in spam/junk as it was the case for me.
kachamohan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 07:48   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Every single manufacturer knows the defects they ship v1 in, the product passes QC as long as those defects are within acceptable range. As long as Mahindra acknowledges them and offers free fixes it should be fine.
This is very important to remember. This is exactly that Zac Hollis had said in his public response to the fiasco surrounding the Kushaq EPC failures.

Every OEM is bound to have some issues in the very first batch of a new vehicle..

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...-quality-study

This compilation of data can help you visualise what I'm referring to.

As Tanmay rightly says, as long as M&M acknowledges and works on the issues, it's still fine.
ashishk29 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 08:16   #2636
BHPian

Hello everyone, I finally have a delivery date. The email from M&M tells me that I will get my hands on my XUV7OO on 5th Jan 2022.
Do check your spam folder guys. The mail was found in my spam folder.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 08:35   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Hey guys! Received email from M&M stating that my delivery date is 28-NOV-2021. Also folks please do check for the mail in spam/junk as it was the case for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Hello everyone, I finally have a delivery date. The email from M&M tells me that I will get my hands on my XUV7OO on 5th Jan 2022.
Do check your spam folder guys. The mail was found in my spam folder.
Congratulations Guys! Can you also mention what variant you booked and the city? May provide hope to thousands of others
charade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 08:39   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Congratulations Guys! Can you also mention what variant you booked and the city? May provide hope to thousands of others
Thank you mine is AX7 MT Petrol and booked directly without dealer from Chennai.
kachamohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 08:39   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Thankyou!
I had booked the Ax7 D AT AWD without the L pack through ASC at Shimla

Last edited by Ritesh_Dogar : 28th October 2021 at 08:44.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 09:00   #2640
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

This is a very nice thread. Although, I'm excited about the XUV700 being delivered to people and seeing some solid initial ownership reviews, I am more curious about the Scorpio. Hope it is so good that they are somewhat able to fill the void left by Endeavour and at least try to drag the all mighty Fortuner down a bit.

This country needs more 4x4s
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed