Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 16:36   #2656
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
Tried the call back feature on whatsapp chat - got the call back from Mahindra team in 5 minutes, pretty impressive, informed that not getting any update from the dealer - and this is the exchange that followed
no worries let me check again, assured the reassuring voice and after a few agonizing seconds - are you Mr. Vijay Gupta?
now panic sets in, no I am not Vijay Gupta,
finally the reassurance faded and the voice sounded a bit frazzled and informed, I think it's best to wait for Dealer to update

After this exchange, I am worried that they might deliver a Bolero instead
Bolero . The support guy might have encountered the famous AI algorithm developed by the biggest unknown corporate consulting firms ever. Jokes apart, its better to stick to your dealer and wait for his updates. All this online tracking and algorithm looks good on paper, but Mahindra should admit they are not ready to handle this.
sixthsense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 17:17   #2657
BHPian

Got an email confirming delivery date of Nov 9th! But its the wrong variant. Instead of the White AX7L Diesel AT, they have booked Red AX7L Petrol AT!
Had booked on the 8th. Told them to rectify as not in a hurry to take delivery.
Cheers.
Old 28th October 2021, 17:45   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Just received a call from my Dealer (Hare Krishan - Mumbai), informing me the delivery date to be 11th Jan 2022.

I have booked AX7 Diesel AT on 8th.

Have not received any email or SMS confirmation from Mahindra though.
Congratulations- is this with Luxury pack and AWD?
Old 28th October 2021, 18:08   #2659
BHPian

What a turn of events today.

Got disappointed by the pricing of the variants and decided to give XUV700 a miss. But then the better half was not impressed with any other vehicle we test drove. And made the booking for XUV700 X7 Petrol MT through the dealer on 7-Oct.

Then the agonising wait and guessing game began. Once again Mahindra disappointed with the delivery schedule or the lack of it. 27th came and went and no word from the dealer or Mahindra on the delivery. And out of frustration and seething anger, booked the Ertiga CNG ( I know, I know) today at around noon.

The moment I returned home at around 1 p.m this afternoon, got a call from the dealer that my car is ready and since it's Deepavali holidays, the registration formalities would take a week or so and I can take delivery on 8-Nov.

However the catch being that I have to pay the full ex show room price by today. Which for obvious reasons sent alarm bells all over. I didn't agree and asked them to show me proof of vehicle at hand and the VIN number to be allotted to me.

To my surprise, it appears that 7 XUV700 have already been delivered to my dealer as of yesterday and is ready to be delivered. I now have the VIN number and some photos of the vehicle that apparently is allotted to me.

I'm going in person tomorrow to do PDI and to discuss on the OTR price and the so called "advance". In TN, the quoted OTR is 21.6 lk. Don't have the price split up across registration, taxes, Fatstag etc.But it seemed a tad high.

Will keep you guys posted of the developments.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 28th October 2021 at 18:13.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 18:24   #2660
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on being among the first to bring home an XUV 700 in Chennai! Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Old 28th October 2021, 18:31   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Not with Anant cars but with India Garage Mahadevapura. I am following up for a test drive for a few days and none scheduled yet.
Thought I should close loop as I got the test drive today from India Garage. Thanks to the BHPians who gave pointers on how to secure the same too.

When I got my current car, I was strongly against buying SUVs for city drives due to the sheer size of it on congested roads and the additional pollution it can cause as compared to a hatchback. 5 years through, the bad road conditions changed my mind to get an SUV and the test drive made me happy about the decision. I could drive the car through some almost non-existent roads and speed bumps at different speeds. XUV700 was able to absorb it very well with very minimal impact felt inside the cabin!
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 18:41   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
To my surprise, it appears that 7 XUV700 have already been delivered to my dealer as of yesterday and is ready to be delivered. I now have the VIN number and some photos of the vehicle that apparently is allotted to me.
Congrats!! If you don't mind, please do share few pics once you do the PDI tomorrow and fuel efficiency after taking delivery. I have also booked the same variant in Chennai and my delivery date is 28TH NOV.
Old 28th October 2021, 18:53   #2663
BHPian

Received the mail from Mahindra today afternoon, stating the expected delivery date to be 9th November. The tracking option under "My Bookings" does not reflect the current status yet though.

Had booked online on 7th October.

AX7 Petrol AT (Everest White), Mumbai.
Old 28th October 2021, 19:00   #2664
BHPian

Guess its not just IPL, Bangalore looses out on everything compared to Chennai and Mumbai Not a single confirmed delivery date from Bangaloreans
Monty1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:04   #2665
BHPian

Yeah, I too booked it on the 7th from Anant Cars, Bangalore. Haven't received "The" email yet. Kept refreshing the junk and spam mail from the morning.
Old 28th October 2021, 19:21   #2666

Just came back from a dealer here in Andhra Pradesh. They have received 2 vehicles here (reaching tomorrow) and are under going the finance process for delivery to customers (between 4th and 8th of this month). He is expecting to receive another 25 vehicles but he next earliest date of delivery in his schedule seems to be in first week of Dec only, beyond the 2 he receives tomorrow. Looks like we are in for a really long haul waiting for this one.
tavarisvalerian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:23   #2667

Anyone received delivery dates for AX7 L MT DSL variant?

I think this will be the variant which will be delivered at last as this was the edition added at last minute by Mahindra. Also I don’t see lot of buyers here on forum as well.

The hope is that this variant will be niggle free as Mahindra would have received feedback from first 14k deliveries.
Old 28th October 2021, 19:30   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
Congratulations- is this with Luxury pack and AWD?
Thanks!

No, it is AX7 Diesel Automatic FWD - not the Luxury variant.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 19:36   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Heard from my dealer that the first 14K, who will receive the vehicle by Jan 14, is receiving their intimation. The information is already available with the dealers though. My dealer has received 30 delivery scheduled, out of 200 bookings, during this two and half months.

Those who have booked the AWD + Luxury and the Luxury + MT variant have to hold your breath for now. It is almost certain that the first day booking figure was short of 25K and many customers who have booked on the next day have been extended the price protection as on 07th. As such the delivery schedule has practically negligible relation with the booking date and more with the variant and colour combination and availability.

Last edited by Sommos : 28th October 2021 at 19:46.
Old 28th October 2021, 19:45   #2670
BHPian

Did anyone with the Diesel luxury pack get a confirmed delivery date? None of the confirmations posted here seem to include it.

Most Viewed