Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2021, 22:16   #2731
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Do you guys really think that the dealer had no time to put in the correct email and phone data? Vegetable.com has more characters than gmail.com and it probably took him/her longer to enter it. The dealer has basically ensured that you guys don’t receive any direct information from Mahindra about the allotment/delivery date etc. Now he is free to do what he wants with your vehicle and all you’ll be told is that the car hasn’t been allotted as yet. It’s all about the money buddy.
I booked two vehicles of AX7 L D AWD for me and my brother, We are thinking to cancel the booking and wait for another one year for AX9 if it comes with ventilated seats, auto dimming ORVM and Auto tail gate.

Apart from the previous mentioned mess up, sireesh auto guys even swapped the color variants which we opted for both of our bookings, but promised to swap them when comes for delivery. Both our OTF numbers are 160 count apart. As they are not too far probably they might come in same batch or a month apart.

We are yet to finalize on our decision whether to continue or cancel.
Old 29th October 2021, 22:26   #2732
BHPian

Very few are going to wait more than 4-5 months for a car. Exactly what happens when a company has neither production capacity, nor the product have price elasticity. So what does such a company do? They compromise on the product quality. ((IMO Even if they're Toyota).

When Kia was flooded with demand, they went from 2 shifts to 3 shifts to fulfill orders. And even then they're struggling to meet demand.

Those who have booked recently & plan to wait 1-1.5yrs to buy, IMO, if you can, just wait 2 years for the :

Chip shortage to end,
Crude oil prices to stabilize,
COVID effect on supply chain resolves itself
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 00:20   #2733
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the updates around delivery notifications. I would like to ask if any fellow BHPian has got a confirmed delivery date for an AX7 diesel manual non luxury variant? Only messages I have seen here regarding confirmation of delivery are for Petrol or Diesel AWD-L variants.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 00:24   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
The customer care is a little lost at this. However, they said it would be brand Mahindra.
I am fingers crossed about the speakers on AX7. While the published spec doesn't add any change in speakers between AX5 and AX7, 360° view on Mahindra site still shows Sony speakers without roof mount ones; but with Woofer. This has stayed after they doing other fixes in the 360° view. My SA had mentioned that their training had mentioned Sony speakers too. You can see YouTube videos of AX7 with and without Sony speakers, that too on models with newer fixes like dashboard coloured door panels and without the dummy seat button. Further, when Mahindra SUV customer care called me to check whether I need any details, they too mentioned AX7 non-Luxury variant will get Sony speakers. Have to wait and see!
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 00:50   #2735
BHPian

Well Mahindra served me a surprise today,
Received an SMS saying that my delivery date is 02 October 2022. I guess its the longest waiting period yet on this thread
Had booked a diesel auto AX7 L but my bookings page still shows two bookings in my name, the other being an AX7 L petrol auto from a Ranchi based dealer. Have spoken to around 4 or 5 Mahindra executives on the toll free number and have sent 3 emails but they are not rectifying the discrepancy. Don't know which booking is being delivered in 2022 October, if it's the fair one I am definitely canceling it. It would be a terrible let down to own the vehicle exactly after an year of seeing it first. By then fuel prices would be nearing 150 and God forbid we might have new variants of coronavirus
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211020235352_chrome.jpg

Last edited by Dark water : 30th October 2021 at 00:57.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 01:07   #2736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Received an SMS saying that my delivery date is 02 October 2022.
Wow that has to be some system error! Only those in the first 14000 have got their CPD. Better call the toll free number to verify.
Old 30th October 2021, 01:08   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Thanks everyone for the updates around delivery notifications. I would like to ask if any fellow BHPian has got a confirmed delivery date for an AX7 diesel manual non luxury variant? Only messages I have seen here regarding confirmation of delivery are for Petrol or Diesel AWD-L variants.
Same here no clue about my delivery dates. One of my friend he booked MX petrol, no clue for him too
Old 30th October 2021, 01:14   #2738
BHPian

Saw this on Social Media site :

AX7 AWD Diesel Red Color- Delivery on 24th Nov'21 - OTF22D001460
Wonder what algorithm is being used , while mine being in A0007**, booked on 7th and not news on delivery still.
Old 30th October 2021, 03:14   #2739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
As fellow Bhp-ian Yogish Kamat put it, I believe the algo used goes like this:

Akkad Bakkad Bambey Bo,
Assi Nabbhey Pure Sou,
Sou Mein Laga Dhaaga,
Chor Nikal Ke Bhaaga.

Don't ask me who's what.
Quite apt. Don't know who's who, but do know who's the aforementioned chor, for sure
Old 30th October 2021, 07:03   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

On a separate note, those bhpians who are afraid of taking their deliveries in the first lot after reading about the brake noise and suspension noise issue reported by me in my earlier posts I would like to assure you that chances of owners facing these issues is less than 50% and even if you do face these issues be sure that Mahindra will replace all the necessary parts without any hassles. My intention was not to scare anyone but was just reporting the facts as mentioned by my sources.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
Hey man, thanks for all the insights, as requested earlier can you please tell us a bit more about the AWD since the main reason I am thinking about putting close to 30 big ones on the Diesel AT is for the AWD since I wanted a car which can given me confidence on slippery surfaces, slush, snow etc. Obviously I don’t expect it to be a Thar but it should not be a paper tiger as well.

So if you can help us a bit in understanding how the 700 AWD compares to other AWDs out there like the Duster, Compass, Kodiaq it will be a great help.
Old 30th October 2021, 07:26   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Received an SMS saying that my delivery date is 02 October 2022. I guess its the longest waiting period yet on this thread
Please note that the date format in the SMS is mm/dd/yyyy but in the email, it is dd/mm/yyyy. This was confirmed after a person got sms with the date 01/31/2022.
Old 30th October 2021, 07:29   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
. . . On a separate note, those bhpians who are afraid of taking their deliveries in the first lot after reading about the brake noise and suspension noise issue reported by me in my earlier posts I would like to assure you that chances of owners facing these issues is less than 50% and even if you do face these issues be sure that Mahindra will replace all the necessary parts without any hassles. My intention was not to scare anyone but was just reporting the facts as mentioned by my sources.

Also another thing to note is that if you cancel your booking now due to the fear of aforementioned niggles, be prepared for your delivery to be pushed to 2022 end or 2023.
Thank you so much for this dear ram87pune. Since it would be our first purchase from an Indian Auto Manufacturer, i.e., Mahindra, we were a bit sceptical. I guess, we would go ahead with the purchase since delivery date can't be changed and also we would lose out on price protection as well as have to wait for a year if we cancel. Taking a leap of faith on Mahindra brand. Hope it all pans out. Fingers crossed
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 08:42   #2743
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: A gentle reminder to please type out posts ONLY in English. No Hindi or regional languages please. English is the only language to be used on Team-BHP.

Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 09:00   #2744
BHPian

Has anybody got a delivery confirmation or pics from the dealer on any AWD non L variant - could you please check and confirm if it comes with EPB or is it manual?
Old 30th October 2021, 09:14   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Please note that the date format in the SMS is mm/dd/yyyy but in the email, it is dd/mm/yyyy. This was confirmed after a person got sms with the date 01/31/2022.
Thats funny, the SMS I recieved is entirely different then - dd/mmm/yy. Atleast the month is easy to decipher

Hello,
Thanks for choosing the new Mahindra XUV700. Happy to inform you that your estimated delivery date is 13-Nov-21. TnC Apply. Team Mahindra.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed