Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 14:14   #3136
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Not sure if that is XUV7OO OE horn or the owner had installed it after-market. If it is OE, then it's among the best OE horns, along with modern Hyundai horns.
XUV700 horns are great and felt a lot like the horns that you get on Vento or Polo. Same time, based on some videos, it is the same horn that gives you warning if the doors are not not properly locked, by 3-5 beeps, which I found a bit too much. In such cases, I would prefer the softer tone that my Baleno gives so that you do not wake up neighbours . Same horn goes off when you lock/unlock too.

The reverse sensor sound is also very refined. Used with the sharp sounds my Baleno gives, I almost ignored the sound when I test drove XUV700. I believe one can select the sound that it gives for such warning from the setting too.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 14:18   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Also the horn sounded really classy. Not sure if that is XUV7OO OE horn or the owner had installed it after-market. If it is OE, then it's among the best OE horns, along with modern Hyundai horns.
Yes, these horns are OE. I checked it when I had a TD of XUV700 a week ago.

Even Thar has similar horns as 700.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 15:10   #3138
BHPian

Update on my AX7 P AT:
Many of you have patiently read my rants here regarding the delivery of the vehicle slated for 9th November and my subsequent skirmishes with the dealer and Mahindra Customer Care for being stuck without an update since then, till today 18th November.

Have been raising hell on Twitter with the hashtag initiated by our fellow BHPian Monty1. Surprisingly got a call yesterday from someone who seemed like a senior executive, unlike the underlings who usually man the customer care desks; he patiently discussed the issue with me and said that I will get a concrete update today regarding the status of my vehicle; also, he apologised for me having to wait so long for an update. Took his words with a pinch of salt obviously. But lo and behold, got a call from the DGM (Sales) of the dealership that my vehicle will be reaching their stockyard before 24th November. Told him clearly that I will be transferring payment only and only after a thorough PDI. Considering that the RTO formalities might take 4-5 days, hoping to take actual delivery on 1st December if all goes well.
IamNikhil is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 17:03   #3139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
XUV700 horns are great and felt a lot like the horns that you get on Vento or Polo. Same time, based on some videos, it is the same horn that gives you warning if the doors are not not properly locked, by 3-5 beeps, which I found a bit too much.
I have this in my Thar too, sometimes if the car is left with a door not fully closed (very common with the Thar, where it takes 2attempts on average to fully close the door) and you accidentally press the lock button when the key is in your pocket and you are bending down, the car goes into a very noisy barrage of full volume bleats of the horn! It can scare the smithereens out of you when you are least expecting it.

Saw a new detailed walk-around video of the AX3 on YouTube and it looks great from the outside! Even in this lower trim, M&M has given both keys with electronic buttons, while in my Thar top end, only one key has these buttons and the other is fully manual.

84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:00   #3140
BHPian

Pretty good comparison in my opinion. One can gauge which boxes check off for them between the two cars basis specs and features. Only wish the 7-seater safari was compared to the XUV7OO for the last row comfort.

In the safari 7-seater, does the middle bench slide to make more room for the last row?

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:12   #3141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Pretty good comparison in my opinion.
Yeah, but he is probably wrong about the safety of the Safari. If it was a safe car, Tata would have sent it to GNCAP, like they did with the Punch and the Nexon.

Also, one important variable is the after-sales service. While both brands have their fair share of niggles, we seem to hear far more horror stories of poor after sales service from Tata than Mahindra.
yogishkamath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:35   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Cheers!
Pretty good except a few gaps like missing out on actual NCAP testing and then the biggest one for me was he talks about terrain modes in the Safari and totally misses out to highlight the availability of an AWD variant in the XUV700.
adneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 22:01   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/RQaGLz7pL9E

While it's not a bad video for a casual viewer, there are a lot of points that could've been better.

He wrongly assures the viewers about the safety aspect of the Safari, which in reality is a big question mark.
He also uses a lot of superlatives when describing aspects like the interior, the drive, etc. which kind of defeats the purpose of a comparison.
While concluding, he says that the Safari has a lot more 'luxurious features' than the XUV. Other than an auto dimming IRVM and ventilated seats in the gold edition, I can't really think of any others.

It's not a bad video. It covers the different features of the vehicle well, but as a comparison, it does little to help a customer's decision making process.
CapKoura is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 23:02   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Only wish the 7-seater safari was compared to the XUV7OO for the last row comfort.
In the safari 7-seater, does the middle bench slide to make more room for the last row?
They did compare the Harrier 7 seater as a proxy. It has the same width as the Safari, and they commented that shoulder room was a bit better in XUV700.
Yes, the middle row in the Safari slides. That is a big plus i believe, and i am surprised why Mahindra did not sort this obvious shortcoming from the XUV500 in the XUV700. They have fixed almost everything else!

To me this video seems like one of those where the final judgement was decided ie. they had to say that you could not go wrong with either of the cars.

So they made the Safari look better than it is, playing up its feature advantages and including the safety assumption that other Tata cars are good in that regard so this will be too. Am surprised Maruti is not using that logic for its cars, since the Brezza got a 4 star rating too

To me, gizmos apart, the choice between the two SUVs boils down to two factors-

1. Choice of engine- if you want a buyer's(like folks in NCR), there is no option in Safari now, and also not there in the near future. So XUV700 it is for these buyers.

2. Choice of space- Better 3rd row comfort or slightly more usable boot? For the former, Safari, and for the latter, XUV700. Again here, i think most people will opt for the XUV700, as 3rd row anyways is mostly used by kids/medium sized adults, so a usable boot that allows you to use your 7 seater as a 7 seater, not 5, is more welcome.

The XUV700 in a chip shortage launch has 2X Safari sales in first month itself. The gap will only widen, i think.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 23:03   #3145
BHPian

Don’t get me wrong, but I felt he was more in favour of the XUV7OO, but he had to ensure that he doesn’t claim anything for which the facts aren’t out yet. For instance the GNCAP for the Safari, for sure we wonder why Tata hasn’t sent the Safari for safety ratings, and we can speculate about the scoop, but he as an influencer can’t and shouldn’t claim what is not in the public domain. Yes but he could’ve said that GNCAP ratings aren’t available for the Safari. I think the objective was to state the facts of the two, which I thought he did well and allow the viewer to decide what appeals to the. As far as decision making, I felt it did reconfirm my choice for the XUV7OO, as it checked off all the boxes for me as I really don’t care about ventilated seats, but do care for better road visibility. On the other hand wherever I have read, people say there is more boot space in the Safari, but what i saw is that the XUV had just about enough for my linking with all 3 rows up. He made it clear that the infotainment was far more superior in the XUV7OO than the Safari, the Skyroof is more appealing etc. In summary if you are hardcore XUV fan you would feel that he praised the Safari more, and vice versa. And just another bit, in one of his earlier videos he has mentioned that he himself has booked the XUV7OO!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 23:37   #3146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Update on my AX7 P AT:
Many of you have patiently read my rants here regarding the delivery of the vehicle slated for 9th November and my subsequent skirmishes with the dealer and Mahindra Customer Care for being stuck without an update since then, till today 18th November.

Have been raising hell on Twitter with the hashtag initiated by our fellow BHPian Monty1. Surprisingly got a call yesterday from someone who seemed like a senior executive, unlike the underlings who usually man the customer care desks; he patiently discussed the issue with me and said that I will get a concrete update today regarding the status of my vehicle; also, he apologised for me having to wait so long for an update. Took his words with a pinch of salt obviously. But lo and behold, got a call from the DGM (Sales) of the dealership that my vehicle will be reaching their stockyard before 24th November. Told him clearly that I will be transferring payment only and only after a thorough PDI. Considering that the RTO formalities might take 4-5 days, hoping to take actual delivery on 1st December if all goes well.
Good to hear the news Hopefully they would heed to the just requests being made by many other customers as well. Please do keep tweeting
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 23:42   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarisvalerian View Post
I would like to work an ownership report, and looking for guidance from the senior bhpians on the forum here to make sure I am doing it right for the forum here. Request to please let me know if I could work with a mentor or two here
Similar situation here. Really looking forward to some guidance and support, if possible
Old 19th November 2021, 00:33   #3148
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
While concluding, he says that the Safari has a lot more 'luxurious features' than the XUV.
I too felt that there is an element of old school luxury in Safari, though XUV feels very modern.
Old 19th November 2021, 00:39   #3149
BHPian

Did anyone get the delivery date for AX7 D MT Mid Night black variant.
Old 19th November 2021, 10:12   #3150
Distinguished - BHPian

XUV7OO vs Safari comparison is pointless.

Safari's only advantage in my opinion is that XUV is not available for purchase even if one has the money.
Kosfactor is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed