Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 15:35   #3271
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Haha. You missed the operative word in their communication - starting from the 25th of November.
Aha. So that sounded like Mahindra saying "On 25th November we will wake up from our sleep and start scrambling for chips".
Old 25th November 2021, 15:38   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhikumar629 View Post
I believe Mahindra was supposed to share the month of delivery on 25th November. Has anyone heard from them yet. Just checked the online booking status and it is the same. Probable owners please confirm (so much for early booking).
There's a catch

They'll inform us from 25th November onwards, not on.
On a lighter note, they've not mentioned the year in their messages, so we may let our imagination run wild, anything's possible with Mahindra
sudanmohit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 15:48   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
No change for me as well..But, I have received a WhatsApp from the dealer that we will get an update on delivery after 27th November.

Attachment 2237079
I have booked exactly the same variant as you have, including the colour. For me it's worse - even the order is not processed. No sms/email at all till date from Mahindra.

This is pathetic from Mahindra. 50 days after the booking, you can't even tell the tentative month of delivery?
Old 25th November 2021, 21:47   #3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Atleast you have a date, many folks like me who booked on7th itself are in a constant limbo of what would be our tentative month of delivery.
Same here. Booked AX7 L AT petrol on 7th. Two other customers from the same dealer have got the same model delivered to them and I'm stuck here with no update and not even a delivery processed message.

Anyone in Coimbatore order a Midnight black of the same model? Did you get your dates? At this rate, I will be able to pit it against the Kia 7 seater and the Jeep 7 seater and then decide what to go for.

Side note - people who are getting deliveries now, is the wireless charging available or not?
Old 25th November 2021, 23:53   #3275
BHPian

A comparison between XUV700, Safati and Alcazar by CnB.

benroth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 00:53   #3276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I just checked the M&M booking portal and can see that the delivery dates are updated (moved forward). Earlier my tentative delivery dates were from 11th to 26th January 2022. Now it shows 31st January to 15th February 2022.
As per intimation from NBS, my AX7 P AT was supposed to arrive at their stockyard on 24th and PDI was slated for 25th. No call at all from their side on 24th and till 25th afternoon. Finally called the SA and apparently the vehicle hasn't left the factory yet. This is the second occurence after 9th Nov. Seems there is some invoicing issue. Also, he mentioned that Mahindra generally doesn't dispatch vehicles during month end. This made me lose my cool finally! The whole story has gone from bad to worse to ridiculous! I wrote them a stinker marking Rajesh Jejurikar (obviously this is useless, but one can hope). Mahindra has screwed this up and how! A complete and monumental mess.

Also, just checked the online portal: estimated delivery date has been pushed further to 13th-20th December 2021. I'm speechless!

P.s. Social media is on fire and Mahindra is fast losing all goodwill. Surely, someone is taking note and passing this on to the higher-ups!

Last edited by IamNikhil : 26th November 2021 at 01:13. Reason: Added text
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 01:09   #3277
BHPian

And my wish for better external door handle continues.
I noticed this, same concept like XUV700 but little better look and opening.
Attached Images

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 07:13   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
And my wish for better external door handle continues.
I noticed this, same concept like XUV700 but little better look and opening.
After using the vehicle for 3 weeks, I’m yet to come grips with the handle, quite literally. As you may have read in my initial review about fumbling for the door handles in the night and still is a pita.

It would have been great if the handles ejected automatically or at least illuminated handles. This design on all models except the L variant is backwards.

The reason Tesla had it was to reduce the air drag. Wondering what was the reason Mahindra went for this design. Surely airdrag wouldn’t have been a consideration.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 26th November 2021 at 07:17.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 08:43   #3279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post

The reason Tesla had it was to reduce the air drag. Wondering what was the reason Mahindra went for this design. Surely airdrag wouldn’t have been a consideration.
This is what I read in one of the articles: Mr. Anand Mahindra had visited to check the design under development and after noticing the nicely sculpted model (must have been a clay model), he suggested not to spoil the design with protruding handles! Team must have swung in to action to literally make it happen. One of the reviewer called it 'Anand Mahindra Handle'.
I don't like the way design decisions are taken impulsively especially when it comes to functional elements. Someone could have convinced Mr. Anand Mahindra as to why it is not a good idea.
I have said this before: this handle adds little value when it works well but it will create huge headache when it doesn't. No need to reinvent the wheel...err....handles.
Guna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:04   #3280
BHPian

While on my way to office today, noticed a fresh lot of XUV (mainly the top specs) ready for dispatch in their stockyard. Some owners will definitely get a positive news in the coming days. (not sure petrol or diesel but most likely these are petrol lot).
Abhikumar629 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:09   #3281
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I don't like the way design decisions are taken impulsively especially when it comes to functional elements. Someone could have convinced Mr. Anand Mahindra as to why it is not a good idea.
I have said this before: this handle adds little value when it works well but it will create huge headache when it doesn't. No need to reinvent the wheel...err....handles.
Such flush handles makes sense on a Tesla which is designed to be aero efficient right from the start, and every tiny bit of drag reduction is a non negligible chunk of total drag.
Such handles on the 700 or the new range Rover etc are simply showbiz. What difference does it make functionally in terms of aero drag ? Its like hulk Hogan shaving his moustache because he wants less drag whilst swimming.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:16   #3282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Such flush handles makes sense on a Tesla which is designed to be aero efficient right from the start, and every tiny bit of drag reduction is a non negligible chunk of total drag.
When you say 'drag reduction' I think you are talking from the noise reduction perspective. But in terms of increasing the performance or reducing fuel consumption due to better aerodynamics, the handles (whether protruding or flush) will have negligible effect.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:40   #3283
BHPian

I got a call from my Dealer today that expected delivery will in the month of June 2022

My Booking was done on 7th Oct through dealer for AX7L D AT MIDNIGHT BLACK.
telugite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 10:55   #3284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
But in terms of increasing the performance or reducing fuel consumption due to better aerodynamics, the handles (whether protruding or flush) will have negligible effect.
Especially when compared to the ORVMs. Would they opt for wing cameras?

IMHO door handles were a point of interest and actually a conversation starter for the XUV500. I know this first hand since I own a 500 since 2013. I think Mahindra wanted to retain the legacy and did a brainstorming session. They should have illuminated the handles and provided puddle lighting. Now finding the door handle is a part of the learning curve for the new owners.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:13   #3285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Now finding the door handle is a part of the learning curve for the new owners.
Part of the problem could be the bulge/curve above the rear wheel arch. It is not possible to fit a conventional handle without breaking that curve (Pic 1). I think this is what Mr. Anand Mahindra would have pointed at. I wonder if they were they thinking to have the rear door handle next to the glass area like in Swift (that would be too high for an SUV) initially. Otherwise the designer should have thought about it while designing that nice curve/bulge in the first place.
XUV300 doesn't have this problem as the bulge doesn't interfere with the door handle (Pic 2).

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211126-11.05.17-am.png

Name:  Screenshot 20211126 at 11.11.14 AM.png
Views: 997
Size:  226.1 KB

Last edited by Guna : 26th November 2021 at 11:16.
Guna is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks