Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:01   #3421
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post

2 have decided on the Gold version of the Safari and rest are not sure as what to buy now.
That’s the question, what to buy. Nobody wants to wait for 9-12 months for a new car but the fact remains that nothing comes close to the value proposition XUV 700 offers. Safari without the crash test data would be a no-go for me at least.

Maybe buying a 2-3 year old used car from a segment above is the way to go. I did find myself looking at used car listings on CarWale a few days after I got the delivery estimate mail from M&M (June 2022, for an 8th Oct booking).
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:48   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
That’s the question, what to buy. Nobody wants to wait for 9-12 months for a new car but the fact remains that nothing comes close to the value proposition XUV 700 offers. Safari without the crash test data would be a no-go for me at least.

Maybe buying a 2-3 year old used car from a segment above is the way to go. I did find myself looking at used car listings on CarWale a few days after I got the delivery estimate mail from M&M (June 2022, for an 8th Oct booking).
I didnot book the 7oo, since thought of booking after a year or so, after all the niggles get sorted out and all missing features get added in a new trim.

........but looking at the current delivery periods, I am not sure what kind of delivery periods the 7oo would have going about a year forward. I may also think of exploring 2-3 year old used cars from a segment above the 7oo, but I am in no hurry since all my present cars have driven in the range of 40-45K kms. & are good for a couple of years more.

Lets see how it pans out. One year is a long period & maybe we get a worthy competitor to the 7oo.

Last edited by Manojah : 3rd December 2021 at 14:49.
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:26   #3423
BHPian

Some good news. Diesel variants have started being delivered.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/mahindr...-12419380.html

Surprisingly its black colour visible in the pictures, which was expecting maximum waiting period.
Let's hope someone among us gets a diesel variant delivery and update us about the actual product in real life
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:37   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
This I doubt as I have read multiple times that AX7 AT loses on Adaptive CC and instead has normal CC. AX7 AT gets ADAS but does not get 360 camera and blind view monitoring.
Hello,

it's validated info, it's coming from latest brochure, you can even see price updated on first page, 11.99L --> 12.49L.

Page snapshot from brochure
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211203-3.32.59-pm.png

Here is brochure pdf -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf desktop-brochure.pdf (5.32 MB, 223 views)

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 3rd December 2021 at 15:39. Reason: Spell fix
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:46   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe buying a 2-3 year old used car from a segment above is the way to go.
My friend who booked 700 is also in the same confusion since deliveries are getting delayed. He is now open to explore a used SUV from segment above. But crash testing is must. Which one are you exploring?
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:14   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
This I doubt as I have read multiple times that AX7 AT loses on Adaptive CC and instead has normal CC.
AX7 AT and AX7L AT both get adaptive cruise control. Only difference being stop and go feature is limited to luxury pack since it requires EPB.

ACC on non-L will disengage when speeds go below a certain value whereas L variant will work all the way till a complete stop and auto-resume if vehicle ahead moves forward within 3s.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 17:34   #3427
BHPian

Has anyone enquired about possibility of getting 360 Camera installed as an accessory from Mahindra dealer, on a later Date may be, as it's bit early to ask considering shortage of Semiconductors.

I was wondering how did Mahindra manage to get a comparatively far better mileage figure for Petrol AT in Torque converter (as compared to Hector DCT and Jeep TC)
MaanSingh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:00   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Which one are you exploring?
4 year old BMW X1s are available around the 25-26 lakhs price point, single owner, low mileage. That’s something worth looking at.
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:18   #3429
BHPian

Happened to check the Mahindra website. Booking status has finally moved to “order processed” and it gives a one month range for delivery, 19th May to 18th June in my case. The earlier mail from Mahindra had mentioned June as the estimated delivery month. So overall some movement on the booking and a date range for delivery. Small mercies and all that .
eagles_ts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:32   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Has anyone enquired about possibility of getting 360 Camera installed as an accessory from Mahindra dealer, on a later Date may be, as it's bit early to ask considering shortage of Semiconductors.

I was wondering how did Mahindra manage to get a comparatively far better mileage figure for Petrol AT in Torque converter (as compared to Hector DCT and Jeep TC)
That's a brilliant job done in any case.
Predominantly city mileage of around 8-10kmpl for Petrol Automatic is commendable.
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:42   #3431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
I didnot book the 7oo, since thought of booking after a year or so, after all the niggles get sorted out and all missing features get added in a new trim.

Lets see how it pans out. One year is a long period & maybe we get a worthy competitor to the 7oo.
If you wanted the car to be delivered after a year the time to book was on 8th Oct once it became clear that the product was very well received. Mahindra’s production capacity was well known and once the booking numbers for 7th Oct came out it was fairly predictable that it would be a long wait for any subsequent bookings. The one upside to this waiting period is the hope that the car gets sorted from initial problems.

As far as worthy competition coming in 2022, there may be many cars lined up, I don’t know how many of them would be around the 25 lakhs on road price point with the feature set, drive, comfort and safety of XUV 700. The more I think about it the more I realise that Mahindra has really upped the game and nothing else comes close at the moment. That’s the dilemma.

Sure some folks will get outraged at this seemingly endless wait and cancel, but what will they buy that compares favourably to the overall package that is XUV 700 ?
eagles_ts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:48   #3432
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Happened to check the Mahindra website. Booking status has finally moved to “order processed” and it gives a one month range for delivery, 19th May to 18th June in my case. The earlier mail from Mahindra had mentioned June as the estimated delivery month. So overall some movement on the booking and a date range for delivery. Small mercies and all that .
I think it will come down further, mainly due cancellations. Minimum waiting period for all cars is around 6 months so May 22 will not be that bad if you don't count XUV700 booking date but "booking cancellation and new car choice" dates.
Old 3rd December 2021, 20:10   #3433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
AX7 AT and AX7L AT both get adaptive cruise control. Only difference being stop and go feature is limited to luxury pack since it requires EPB.

ACC on non-L will disengage when speeds go below a certain value whereas L variant will work all the way till a complete stop and auto-resume if vehicle ahead moves forward within 3s.
Thanks for clearing confusion.

I'm having a query about adaptive cruise control in manual variants. I read somewhere that acc is used in manual variants too, to slow down the car till a certain speed in case of possible collision. This helps to decrease the severity of accident.

Do you have any idea about XUV 700 having similar feature in manual variants??

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd December 2021, 22:22   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

Do you have any idea about XUV 700 having similar feature in manual variants??
I believe there is no adaptive cruise control in manual variants, you might have read about the autonomous braking system.
quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 22:36   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Do you have any idea about XUV 700 having similar feature in manual variants?
The manual version should get automatic emergency braking. Full brakes will be applied in certain cases, only thing being the vehicle will stall at end.

As for other ADAS features, manual also gets fully functional lane keep assist. So you do get some of the benefits although I believe ACC will be a major miss and I suggest anyone to only go for automatic if they want ADAS features.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks