Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2021, 18:14   #3451
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
[*]May-June timeline seems much more specific to Everest White color and around 15 of fellow prospective owners who opted for Everest white have scheduled deliveries in this period, comprising of MT, AT and AX5 and above.
Sounds speculative to me. I booked an Everest White and the probable delivery date range given by Mahindra is between mid March and mid April. It's possible the products may be coming out in smaller batches, grouped by a number of factors, colour being an important one. But that's speculative too
Old 4th December 2021, 19:59   #3452
BHPian

I have booked AX7L Diesel Manual Everest White on 7th Oct. Mine was the first booking from my city by the dealer.Initialy got a delievery date of 15th to 25th december from mahindra by mail and sms but the date later got postponed to 11th to 26th January.
Had finalised the Creta Diesel top end but later changed once XUV prices were out considering the minimal price gap.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 18:06   #3453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Customer returned Brand new Silver XUV700 and Mahindra replaced it with Midnight Black xuv700..
Heard a rumour from another south indian city about the similar problem (not sure about the news, hence calling it rumour. I brushed it aside but with this video, it is resurfacing in my mind.).

It was reported that the AEB stopped working, followed by 360 degree cameras and dash went blank and so on. The car wouldn't even lock. The entire dash was open to diagnose. All HQ, R&D folks having look at it. Haven't heard back about what happened next yet though.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 20:46   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post

Customer returned Brand new Silver Xuv700 and Mahindra replaced it with Midnight Black xuv700

Some points taken from the video.
1. Brand new Silver xuv700 developed some nag.
2. Mahindra replaced the car with a mid night black xuv700 without hassle.
3. Highway mileage for petrol automatic
A new product developing technical snag , or lemons , is not unheard of . However M&M did not resort to any ‘DADAGIRI’, unlike the companies. This not only made Custmer happy, but also mitigated the negative publicity. This goes a long way in developing customer confidence. Cudos to the mature handling by M&M.
NitSat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:26   #3455
BHPian

This is my first post on Team-BHP. Please excuse me for any misses. After almost 12 years and several attempts, I am glad that I am now a part of this family.

My Friend has taken delivery of a white XUV 700 AX7 L Diesel AT last week. This vehicle is most likely the first diesel XUV 700 delivered in Hyderabad. He has booked in the first week of October when XUV 700 was unveiled at dealerships.

Observations:

• The door handles. Vehicle can be locked or unlocked by pressing the driver door handle with key fob nearby. It won’t work if the key fob is a few feet away. Mahindra has provided a flip key which is of no use and cannot be used in emergencies. Mahindra executive was unable to answer my questions on using the key when battery is down in the key fob or the vehicle. Be careful when using the door handles, you may hurt your fingers if you are not attentive

• DEF liquid is down to 96% within 150 kms. As per Mahindra, there are supposed to be 3 alerts to the driver reminding of DEF refills when the level goes below 30%. One DEF tank full is expected to last 13000 – 15000 Kms. Refills are expected to be done at service intervals of 10000 Kms or 12 months

• Unable to find the settings for ventilated seats. When the luxury pack was announced, we remember that ventilated seats were part of the package. Mahindra executive says that the ventilated seats are ON by default and cannot be controlled. But we were unable to feel any air flowing through the front seats

• Alexa is not responding as expected. This could be due to incomplete KYC

• GPS for the inbuilt maps was not locking on to our position

• Android Auto is not available yet

• The average fuel consumption is around 10-11 kmpl so far (150 – 200 kms) with 100% city driving and a lot of idling as we were exploring the features or taking demonstrations from Mahindra staff. It is expected to improve over the next few days

• The laminate style faux wood on the doors and dashboard have been replaced with fabric stitching and plastic

• Accessories purchased - Side steps for the doors (a small glaring gap is seen at the end of the step near the second-row door which looks a little ugly), Full floor matting and foot mats, plastic mud flaps

• I have driven it in the Zap mode (Zip, Zap and Zoom) and found the vehicle to be responsive

• It would have been good if the blind view monitoring feed was displayed in the infotainment screen instead of the MID screen. It is tough to view the feed in traffic

• Vehicle came equipped with MRF Wanderers

• Engine cover is replaced with plastic instead of foam seen in earlier vehicles

• Parcel shelf was not provided with the vehicle

• Electronic parking brake gets auto engaged when the gear lever is shifted to “P”

• The ride quality was a little stiff. I have checked the tyre pressure in TPMS to see if the tyres have been over inflated but all of them were at 32 or 33. 18-inch tyres may be the culprit here. MRF Wanderers seem to be losing air fast, they were down to 31 within 2-3 days

• Sony Adrenox system has a good range of settings to

• One touch flick to fold the second-row seat to access the third row is seamless. Third row is for kids and short adults only

• Life of the coolant seems to be lesser than other brands. It needs to be changed at an interval of 30000 – 40000 kms

I will try to add more details based on my friend’s experiences with the vehicle.
vinaydatla is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:34   #3456
BHPian

A nice video I found showcasing all the accessories.

Also received the Mahindra 7OO key fob cover today, for 1000 bucks its just not worth it, the quality is extremely poor and it doesn't even have the XUV 7OO branding.

Image on website:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20211206-1.25.58-pm.png

Actual product: (missing XUV 7OO branding)

Mahindra XUV700 Review-keyfob1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-keyfob2.jpg
Tanmay007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:36   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Also received the Mahindra 7OO key fob cover today, for 1000 bucks its just not worth it, the quality is extremely poor and it doesn't even have the XUV 7OO branding.
Is the key same as the key for Marazzo? From pictures they look similar. If so, there are a few silicone cover options on Amazon.
Old 6th December 2021, 15:17   #3458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydatla View Post

Observations:

• Unable to find the settings for ventilated seats. When the luxury pack was announced, we remember that ventilated seats were part of the package. Mahindra executive says that the ventilated seats are ON by default and cannot be controlled. But we were unable to feel any air flowing through the front seats
That's a great way to start your journey in Team-BHP

Ventilated seats are not available in any variant of the XUV700 yet. What you see is just perforated leatherette. Your SA is either trolling you or he's the epitome of ignorance.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 6th December 2021 at 15:19.
sandeepmdas is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:48   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
That's a great way to start your journey in Team-BHP

Ventilated seats are not available in any variant of the XUV700 yet. What you see is just perforated leatherette. Your SA is either trolling you or he's the epitome of ignorance.
I thought so too. His answers for few questions made me feel that Mahindra has given some standard answers. When I asked about the sim network and provider, he replied it is Mahindra sim and satellite technology
vinaydatla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:09   #3460
BHPian

Quote:

Image on website:

Attachment 2242036

Actual product: (missing XUV 7OO branding)

Attachment 2242037

Attachment 2242038

OMG this looks really cheap. The road side cobblers can conjure up a better cover from leftovers. The Key fob definitely is a downgrade from the original XUV500, I'm looking for options too may be even retrofit the key fob to an XUV500 original fob.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th December 2021 at 16:12. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Please proof read before submitting your post. Thanks.
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:23   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post

Who will pay for middleman? customer. while i agree nothing is illegal about it but I am not sure if everything should be justified under "seller's" market.
Yes, the customer will pay the middleman for the privilege of getting the car earlier than he otherwise would have.

Saying that something is a "seller's market" is a different way of saying that the product is mispriced. There is more demand than supply at the price. Markets solve such problems by raising the price. If the manufacturer is unwilling to do it, speculators/middlemen will step in and 'correct' the price.
Old 6th December 2021, 16:55   #3462
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra has provided a flip key which is of no use and cannot be used in emergencies. Mahindra executive was unable to answer my questions on using the key when battery is down in the key fob or the vehicle. Be careful when using the door handles, you may hurt your fingers if you are not attentive
IIRC in case the battery goes down the smart door handles can be manually pushed in to pop them out and reveal the key hole.

As for hurting your fingers, there’s just no way. I tried putting my hand and closing the handle via remote and because of the spring there’s no pressure at all.

Quote:
Unable to find the settings for ventilated seats. Parcel shelf was not provided with the vehicle
As mentioned above neither ventilated seats or parcel tray were part of original spec.

Quote:
Engine cover is replaced with plastic instead of foam seen in earlier vehicles
That’s a bummer. Foam would actually make a bigger difference in diesel vehicles.
Tanmay007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 17:00   #3463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
OMG this looks really cheap. The road side cobblers can conjure up a better cover from leftovers. The Key fob definitely is a downgrade from the original XUV500, I'm looking for options too may be even retrofit the key fob to an XUV500 original fob.
I was checking for another cool thing, Smart fob - these are the one which comes with LCD display.
Old 6th December 2021, 17:23   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
IIRC in case the battery goes down the smart door handles can be manually pushed in to pop them out and reveal the key hole.

As for hurting your fingers, there’s just no way. I tried putting my hand and closing the handle via remote and because of the spring there’s no pressure at all.

As mentioned above neither ventilated seats or parcel tray were part of original spec.

That’s a bummer. Foam would actually make a bigger difference in diesel vehicles.

We unlocked the car (handle pops-out) and tried to see if we can insert the key into the gap between the door handle but were unable to do so. This includes the Mahindra dealer staff. I hurt my finger when I tried to open the door with all 4 fingers (force of habit with other cars) and stuck my last finger in the narrow gap to the end of the handle.
vinaydatla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:30   #3465
BHPian

Guys, i too ordered key fob from m2all and its one of the worst & cheap product from Mahindra which is not even worth 50 rupees. PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT. Attaching the pictures of product received
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20211206-6.27.12-pm-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20211206-6.27.12-pm-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20211206-6.27.12-pm.jpeg  

kachamohan is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed