Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 15:03   #3526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Up close and personal with the 7OO's MX diesel variant. Best VFM option in the 7OO range, IMO.
This is definitely a high value variant, but IMO, the MX petrol is even higher value. You get the full powered tune of the petrol engine with 200 HP and 380 NM, which is the same one that goes into the top AX7L trim. Plus, it is 50K cheaper than the Diesel. The diesel on the other hand, gets a detuned engine with only 155 HP and 360 NM.

Both get all wheel disk brakes, Frequency-selective damping, and independent suspension, 8 inch infotainment with Android Auto - incredible features for a car priced 11.99/12.49 lakhs!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 10th December 2021 at 15:15.
84.monsoon is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 15:16   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik7OO View Post
Was planning to procure the 7Dmats provided by Mahindra as an official accessory. If any XUV 7OO owners have procured the same, or any other floor mats, would request to share your experience and feedback on the same.
Here is walkthrough of the installed 7D Floor Mats from Mahindra Mats ->
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 15:52   #3528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Here is walkthrough of the installed 7D Floor Mats from Mahindra Mats -> https://Youtu.be/xxPQcpOsnr4
I have seen better options available aftermarket with premium stitching and color options as well as better snug fit. Especially the middle row it should cover the seat wall as well else it becomes a eye sore with mud and grime sticking to the carpet below the seat.
Monty1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 16:15   #3529

I had booked XUV700 Diesel AX7 AWD AT Black on 10th Oct. I had no update till today but I just called the customer care again and was shocked to learn that the estimated delievery month is February 2023!

I had also booked XUV700 Petrol MX White earlier today (10-Dec-'21). Fingers are crossed about what could be the estimated delivery month for this one.

Missus needs a new car too which is why I had booked the second XUV. I will probably be happy just the 200 horses on the base petrol model. Missus will love the creature comforts on the top diesel model.

The waiting period is really a bummer!
sanmeet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 17:38   #3530
BHPian

The customer care department has received today’s lists. Upon calling them up, I got to know that there has been no tentative date assigned to my booking as of yet (8th Oct - AX7L D AT Midnight Black). I was taken aback since I had been told to wait until 10th December by M&M earlier. The customer care rep was a bit surprised too as he had himself seen people who have booked much later receiving delivery timelines, and had also calculated that a delivery month has been assigned to nearly 70k bookings. He has escalated the matter on my behalf.
Hoping for the best.
advaydh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 20:09   #3531

Received delivery date as January 2023 for my AX7l P that was booked on 12th October. I was excited for this car after waiting nearly 2 years for our very first car in the family and thinking that we have found the perfect car. We were ready to wait for another six months but this is pretty disappointing. I'll be keeping this booking as it is for now and meanwhile, will be searching for other cars. On another note looks like most people who received dates today are in the late 2022 to early 2023 from what I've seen so far in whatsapp and facebook groups.
Rockstah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 20:47   #3532
PKH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
The customer care department has received today’s lists. Upon calling them up, I got to know that there has been no tentative date assigned to my booking as of yet (8th Oct - AX7L D AT Midnight Black).
Even I booked the same variant on the 14 Oct and has not received any tentative dates looks like it’s going to be a long wait.
Old 10th December 2021, 21:22   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
The customer care department has received today’s lists. Upon calling them up, I got to know that there has been no tentative date assigned to my booking as of yet (8th Oct - AX7L D AT Midnight Black). I was taken aback since I had been told to wait until 10th December by M&M earlier. The customer care rep was a bit surprised too as he had himself seen people who have booked much later receiving delivery timelines, and had also calculated that a delivery month has been assigned to nearly 70k bookings. He has escalated the matter on my behalf.
Hoping for the best.
I've booked the same configuration as yours on the same day, and today evening I received a message saying the estimated delivery month is November '22. So you can expect a similar timeline.

I think that a lot of cancellations will take place, which will shorten the wait. I've decided to stick to the booking, since I'm not in a hurry to get the car, and by then all the niggles will hopefully be sorted. If this is going to be your primary car, I would suggest exploring other options.
CapKoura is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 21:37   #3534

Quote:
Hoping for the best.
I booked AX7 P AT L on 2nd December and at least got a delivery date of May'23. Not sure how things are getting managed at M&M.
pbhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 21:48   #3535
BHPian

I booked AX7L Petrol in November last week. I got a message from M&M mentioning that my expected delivery month is "June'23"

I have decided to move on and look at other options. Apart from the waiting time, for people who booked late, the price of the car will be the price that is marked on the delivery date. I am sure starting Jan'22, all car prices are going to jump due to the "high input" costs.
sukhoi30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 22:27   #3536
BHPian

Hello Mrxxxxxxxl, Thanks for choosing the new Mahindra XUV700. We are happy to inform you that your estimated delivery month is October'2022. https://bit.ly/3Cxre8M TnC Apply. Team Mahindra.

This was booked by my friend on 2nd day of launch AX 7L AT black. Delivery OCT 22 thats really outrageous, SA had told 6 months and we thought he is exaggerating. Most likely we will cancel the booking.
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 22:41   #3537
Senior - BHPian

Booked on November 09, 2021.
Received delivery intimation from Mahindra today: May 2023.
Variant: AX7 L AWD AT D
Colour: Midnight black

Not cancelling. No other vehicle available with 7 seats and AT AWD Diesel below a price point of 30 lakhs.
sandeepmdas is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 22:42   #3538
BHPian

I am not sure why Mahindra keeps sending me mails about the status of my XUV700, even though I haven't paid any advance yet!

As per latest mail expected delivery month is February 2022. Am I lucky to get such close by date or am I being made to feel lucky!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211210223822_gmail.jpg  

Last edited by manpreetsj : 10th December 2021 at 22:44.
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 23:05   #3539

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
This is definitely a high value variant, but IMO, the MX petrol is even higher value.

Both get all wheel disk brakes, Frequency-selective damping, and independent suspension, !
Totally agree, if you are driving enthusiastic and doesn't care much about comfort/gimmicky features, MX petrol is the most VFM varient. But frequency selective damping, like many other features is in AX7 model only!
gauravkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 23:09   #3540
BHPian

I find something fishy and strange about the AWD variant offered in XUV700. I feel:

(a) Mahindra is not confident of the AWD variant

(b) Will ultimately discontinue it (and give an option to switch variants to the customers who booked AWD) without really releasing it

(c) Limit the production volume of the AWD variant before phasing it out early in the XUV lifecycle.

Allow me to share my observations to back my statements:

1) Not a single, yes not a single Real-world/ showroom review of AWD variant by Youtubers, Auto journalists, fellow BHPians or anyone and that too for a car which is arguably the most Vlogged/Reviewed car in the Indian auto history. For every variant of this car- 5 seaters, 7 seaters, Autos/Manuals, petrol/diesel, base/mid/top and even for all colours- there is a video review available. The only AWD video I came across is the launch drive one, which is too short to really comprehend anything.

2) Most of the people who booked the AWD variant either have got hugely delayed and unreasonable delivery dates or haven't even got one

3) Mahindra never ever advertises its AWD variant in any of its promotional drives- not even in the XUV's Leh drive (it was actually a great tailor-made promotional tool to showcase its AWD capability) or in the Endurance run. In each of these drives, both petrol/diesel variants were part of the programs.

4) AWD is such a huge differentiator for XUV compared to all other cars below 26lacs (barring Thar), yet it amazes me, how can Mahindra not leverage such a huge promotional opportunity

5) Just one variant for its AWD variant! Limiting the AWD to top-end diesel autos mean low volume. Why would the company invest in R&D for such low volume variant '? It beats me

All these points to either the company being unsure of its AWD tech or maybe it's still under development or will be eventually discontinued. I hope my assumptions are proven wrong and we actually get to see a real SUV (one with AWD).
AMG1 is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks