Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2021, 10:22   #3856
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

This is what I was talking about -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
It has its pros and cons for Mahindra. Many of us looking for a new car in the next 6 to 12 months will not have the option of XUV 7oo due to its delivery periods and so may opt for something else and Mahindra might lose on many such customers. Also, some other manufacturer may come up with an product which catches the fancy of guys in the waiting list/ comes up with something equivavlent or better during the long waiting period and there could be shift of many in the wating line to the other manufactuer.

Also, the charm of driving a newly launched product would gradually wane after waiting for such long periods & could result in People looking at other options.

Above could result in Mahindra losing a sizable chunk of its prospective customers, some of whom could be die hard Mahindra loyalists.
Manojah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 10:53   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
However, It seems like everyone in the video is talking about 'all 4 wheels being powered' in the drag race.

This contradicts the assumption that it's not a full time AWD but a 'torque on demand' which shift to FWD at speeds > 60 KMPH?

Also does AWD have some advantage over FWD in a drag race?
I belive the AWD car starts as 4WD by default (and it gets disengaged at some point) and this results in lesser wheelspin (even lesser torque steeer) with a hard launch.
It is also possibe that they had enabled the 4WD lock, which again would have given clear advantage till the car reached 60 KMPH.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 11:08   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_304 View Post
Where is the memory card slot located in the AX7 L? Anyone who knows please shed some light
It is located near the foot step on the left door, in what looks like a crash proof casing.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211206wa0022.jpg  

mahesh.alse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 14:05   #3859
BHPian

Hi

The manufacturing year matters and not the registration year during resale. So don't wait for 2022 unless you want a fancy year number on the RC Card.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 14:12   #3860
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I found a walkaround of the MX variant and this is the first one, I have come across. Here is the link if you want to watch it too.

yuvmudapa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 14:15   #3861
BHPian

Hi,

As per my knowledge acquired over all the youtube videos on XUV700, the vehicle runs in 2WD and activates AWD, when it feels the loss of traction on any of the wheel. There is also a manual AWD activation button on the right side of the steering wheel. This is for the driver to activate it manually when it is needed.
nirleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 14:21   #3862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Exactly, not a single AWD car has been delivered, other than one or two reviews( on the mahindra test facility when it was launched) we haven't seen any AWD cars. Deliveries seem to be getting pushed as well. I think the AWD system needs more chips but it wouldn't have taken this long for atleast one car to be delivered.
No offence but, they cannot manufacture and deliver one car of a variant, just because they have it as a variant.
Also as the AWD variant requires lot of chips, they would have decided to utilize the chips more efficiently and deliver more cars of other variant requiring lesser number of chips than 1 AWD variant car.
But as you rightly said, the people who have booked the AWD variant (like myself) are eagerly waiting for more videos on actual user reviews.
nirleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 14:25   #3863
BHPian

Hi everyone

This is gonna be my first post on Team-BHP, and I was not hoping for this to go like this, but I am quite dismayed at the kind of service that Mahindra is providing.

My Dad recently booked the AX7 Diesel AT online. It has been over a week since we booked the car, and no one from the Mahindra dealership cared to contact us for the first 3-4 days regarding the confirmation for the booking.

While we finally received a call from Mahindra itself (not the dealer yesterday), we were informed of a TD that was going to be organized today in the morning. We received a message from the Official WhatsApp account that the car was sent and waiting for us at our location, but there was no car or SA to be seen. Furthermore, we couldn't reply to the message since it was an automated bot message. No one even called or tried contacting us after that.

While my dad has let this slide, I am very annoyed by this. This is not the kind of treatment you expect after booking a vehicle that costs close to 25L on-road.

On the other hand, a friend of mine recently booked a Kia Seltos via the same online route. He was promptly contacted by the dealer the next day, the formalities sorted and TD was arranged ASAP.

@Mahindra Marketing, if you are reading this, I believe a customer is paying for the whole car buying experience and while you might have managed to produce a decent product, this kind of service/experience does not inspire a lot of trust in your brand. Kindly take a lesson or two from Kia please.
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 16:32   #3864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Okay, so today began with a small victory
I simply told them that since the booking was made online on the Mahindra website, there was zero interaction with the dealer regarding the booking and nowhere are "Incidental Charges" mentioned there. Also, since the charges itself are blatantly illegal, I would be well within my rights to involve the Mahindra higher-ups and the result would 100% be in my favour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Just received a call in the morning, that the charges cannot be waived-off from the proforma invoice since they are "system generated", but I am free to deduct the amount of 9,090/- from my final fund transfer and make the short payment accordingly.
In a similar situation, the SA tells me that these are really 'transportation charges', which get added to the on-road price. On whatsapp, and not on a phone. .

I wonder why not more people raise this as blatantly illegal - with the dealer and manufacturer, in auto communities like this and on social media. And I assume that they end up paying up.

Kudos to you sir for standing up for the right thing.
dust-n-bones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 18:28   #3865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post

On the other hand, a friend of mine recently booked a Kia Seltos via the same online route. He was promptly contacted by the dealer the next day, the formalities sorted and TD was arranged ASAP.

@Mahindra Marketing, if you are reading this, I believe a customer is paying for the whole car buying experience and while you might have managed to produce a decent product, this kind of service/experience does not inspire a lot of trust in your brand. Kindly take a lesson or two from Kia please.
While I agree with you regarding the the sub par experience you are having with the dealership and Mahindra, hope your definition of product experience / service also includes a decently safe product. Hope you / your friend are proactively urging Kia as well to make Seltos safer for the price they are charging.
shipnil is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 19:47   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
While I agree with you regarding the the sub par experience you are having with the dealership and Mahindra, hope your definition of product experience / service also includes a decently safe product. Hope you / your friend are proactively urging Kia as well to make Seltos safer for the price they are charging.
Attempting to discredit a criticism with another criticism is a very common logical fallacy. And in this case, only we as the consumers end up losing and not the OEMs.

While I completely agree that Seltos is not a safe product for the price they are charging, it does not discount Mahindra of its responsibility of ensuring quality buying experience.

And while it is definitely not enough, Kia has listened to the customers and responded with standard six airbags in their latest offering. And there's a very high probability that this has been possible, only because we cited the example of the Indian OEMs and called them out.

Hope Mahindra listens to our criticism as well.
rnkgrg is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 20:03   #3867
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Quick check to authenticate your cars history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
However he cannot say no for PDI. Mention to him that you need to do the PDI and are willing to go to stock yard for the same, Once at PDI location, ask them to connect the laptop and then check the history.
Thanks everyone for the tips..Dealer obliged and got the car to the showroom so i could physically check it. (Just to recall, my initial allotment was Aug 22 and i was told a couple of days ago that the car is available to take delivery - it's a AX7 MT D White that i have booked).

1. Vin number indicates it's a Dec 2021 manufacturing
2. Battery has a date stamp of 21 Nov 2021
3. Odometer had a reading of 61 km.
4. Visually inspected in as much detail as i could, there were no scratches or signs of mishandling. Seats still had their plastics on.
5. The toolkit was missing, the SA said its been removed deliberately by stockyard people as the car is not ready for delivery yet, but this will be replaced. Strange reason, but anyways.
6. Tyres are MRF Wanderers. I missed out on inspecting the tyre treads but i think should be fine.
7. Android Auto did not work as expected

I am fairly convinced this is not a TD or display vehicle. Any suggestions or feedback on the odometer reading - 61 Km seems reasonable, considering they had to drive it to the showroom today.
I also discussed the accessories - i didn't expect, but the prices quoted were blatantly higher by 15-20% than what is mentioned on the website. On this being pointed out, the accessories incharge, agreed, in less than a blink, to match the website prices, plus the labour/installation charges. We shall see how it goes!

Edit:
Two more things-
- The SA didn't have a clue about how to check the location history. He was completely lost when I showed him the location history screenshots from this thread, let alone the possibility of connecting a laptop!
- lastly, as reported by some in this thread, when I walked around the car, i noticed the door handle of the rear door to be in extended position even though the car was locked. Attaching a picture. The SA locked/unlocked a few times but that didn't help and then he manually pushed it back. I fiddled with the handle thereafter, but it seemed to function normally. So i guess this is one of the things I will have to keep an eye on.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211226_171738.jpg  

Last edited by piyush1.a : 26th December 2021 at 20:25. Reason: Adding some more information
piyush1.a is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 21:01   #3868
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Attempting to discredit a criticism with another criticism is a very common logical fallacy. And in this case, only we as the consumers end up losing and not the OEMs.
It's totally your call whether to forego a good product because of bad sales experience (which is a one time thing) , and gravitate towards a medicre product which boasts of excellent sales experience (which is again a one time thing). A bit like having authentic tirunelveli halwa from an obscure dark-hole-in-the-wall 'shop' on the street v/s having the same tirunelveli halwa prepared by linen clad chefs from a 5-star hotel.
venkyhere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 21:50   #3869
BHPian

Quote:

And while it is definitely not enough, Kia has listened to the customers and responded with standard six airbags in their latest offering.
I think there won't be any change with addition of airbags as I think poor rating was due to unstable bodyshell.

I can understand the common buyers still going for Kia Seltos but a member here is definitely aware of the unsafe product and still recommends is something I don't understand.

As for bad dealership experience, we have an excellent thread. Link below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...l-because.html (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)

Dear Mods, if this post is not relevant to the current thread, please delete.
shipnil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 22:13   #3870
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Quick check to authenticate your cars history

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Odometer had a reading of 61 km.
When I checked the drive history on adrenox app after I got delivery, I saw two trips. One of 50km and one of 12km in Mahindra's test facility in Chakan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
The SA locked/unlocked a few times but that didn't help and then he manually pushed it back. I fiddled with the handle thereafter, but it seemed to function normally.
I observed one way by which this can happen. If you happen to not take hands off in one go from the handle, say because you probably try to move the door using the handle, the handle remains open. To retract fully, it need to go back from its fully opened position without interruption.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed