Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2021, 23:13   #3916
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Today I had gone to do PDI on my vehicle and noticed that wireless android auto wasn't connecting. Clicking on the tile in home menu it was giving a notification that it is coming soon. I was not able to test connecting through a usb cable, not sure if that also isn't working..Is this same for everyone who has already received their cars?
Android Auto and Apple Car play will be activated later because Mahindra hasn’t got the certification done yet.
Old 30th December 2021, 01:18   #3917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Nope!

This is not entirely the case, our road network is one of the largest in the world and within its limitations a few companies are offering ADAS while others give the same nonsense about Indian roads killing their cars , Indian diesel killing their engine etc and give up.
- The road network's size has little to do with the issue, mate.
- I appreciate companies offering it. The point really isn't about that at all.

Quote:
With the present advancement in computing power of mobile chips, the possibilities are endless.
We agree. This is what makes me think in terms of possible obsolesce of systems as the overall infra catches up.

Quote:
ADAS will work for a lot of roads that I know of, ...
Again, we agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I am not doubting that it would be useful in many situations...
Clarifying again, and our slight difference of opinion only reiterates the point:
Quote:
Whether the tipping point of reward justifying the risk has been reached is rather subjective.....
~~~~~~~~~

The point is to bring out different perspectives to the table, so that one can make up one's mind about how and when to use what aspects of ADAS. As I said before, in my case, I imagine myself turning it off - at least for a long time to start with till I'm totally at ease with the vehicle. But that might be just me, and even my opinions might change with the actual experience.

~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by manav274 View Post
I am currently driving the xuv700 with ADAS on with more than 2.8K km's. And its been a boon till date for the majority of km's.

Saved me from certain collisions twice till date and gave pre-instinctive warning several times. Which is very well received by me.
Mate, 'certain collisions' twice in 2.8k kms seems like a lot. It just might be the 'Risk Compensation' at work.

~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
...With a car which is deemed safer, people tend to take more risks (had read studies about it long back)...
Risk Compensation

Some links and quotes:

Quote:
Risk compensation is a theory which suggests that people typically adjust their behavior in response to perceived levels of risk, becoming more careful where they sense greater risk and less careful if they feel more protected. Although usually small in comparison to the fundamental benefits of safety interventions, it may result in a lower net benefit than expected or even higher risks.
Quote:
In a Munich study, part of a fleet of taxicabs were equipped with anti-lock brakes (ABS), while the remainder had conventional brake systems. In other respects, the two types of cars were identical. The crash rates, studied over three years, were a little higher for the cabs with ABS, Wilde concluded that drivers of ABS-equipped cabs took more risks, assuming that ABS would take care of them; non-ABS drivers were said to drive more carefully since they could not rely on ABS in a dangerous situation.
(I think this is the study I had read long back and mentioned in some form on the forum a decade ago)

Link 1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_compensation

Another interesting concept:
Quote:
Shared space is an urban design approach that minimises the segregation between modes of road user. This is done by removing features such as kerbs, road surface markings, traffic signs, and traffic lights. Hans Monderman and others have suggested that, by creating a greater sense of uncertainty and making it unclear who has priority, drivers will reduce their speed, in turn reducing the dominance of vehicles, reducing road casualty rates, and improving safety for other road users.
Link 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_space

Another interesting paper I came across and am yet to really study:

Quote:
This paper surveys risk compensation by reviewing its history, discussing its theoretical foundations, outlining evidence for and against its claims, and providing the author's own views. It concludes by discussing the relevance of risk compensation for injury prevention workers who seek to reduce unintentional injuries.
Link 3: https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/6/2/82

One can find material arguing the other side on other side as well; even in above liniks. It is not a binary good/bad situation. Safety, Safety equipment, safety regulation, and most of all human psychology have many aspects, and it is a complex issue, which goes well beyond star ratings and a list of equipment on a brochure.
I realize this opinion might be unpopular on the thread of an SUV which draws much attention due to it's safety features, however I would urge fellow-mates to consider a wider set of factors than just what the vehicle is equipped with.

I guess carrying on on this topic is getting off-topic.
This probably needs another thread to discuss.
@Mods: Please branch out the discussion to a new/appropriate thread, in case deemed a fit case.

Last edited by Poitive : 30th December 2021 at 01:22. Reason: Typo, formatting
Poitive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:28   #3918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate, 'certain collisions' twice in 2.8k kms seems like a lot. It just might be the 'Risk Compensation' at work.
I did not know that there is a term for it but yes, people becoming somewhat lax thinking that 'ADAS is there to take care' is a real possibility. There is also a danger of some people deliberately letting the ADAS to handle some 'emergancy' situation (it may be even simulated), so that they can brag about it later.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:36   #3919
BHPian

Finally some 700 AWDs at its core task!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYF_ML7...dium=copy_link
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20211230103420.jpg  

D_Security_Guy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 17:17   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Android Auto and Apple Car play will be activated later because Mahindra hasn’t got the certification done yet.
Very much disappointing to see Mahindra delivering without Android auto and Apple car play even after nearly 3 months of its launch.
We can understand the delay in deliveries but this is really a poor planning.
Old 30th December 2021, 18:35   #3921

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles_ts View Post
Could you share any details regarding the above two instances. Would be helpful. Thanks.
Thanks mate for asking about it, and certain collision might sound like big accidents, but certainly not, like bumping into a car in city limits where ur bumper gets damaged but no human injury.

First instance, my 15 months old kid started crying suddenly while i was going in the slope of underpass and at the same moment the cab driver in front me did an emergency braking, so i was caught off guard n AEB alerted and pitched in for the braking.

Secondly, while driving within traffic speed limits, one of a rash kid driver just overtook me from left and couldn't do a lane change afterwards n got stuck, AEB helped in braking and certainly save that kid from multiple scrapes.

Quote:
-

Risk Compensation

Mate - like the bloke above at-least ask what was the situation like, rather than just starting punching away with quotes and ideology. And is 2800 km's a unit to measure when one can meet an accident or have an incident ?.
manav274 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 18:40   #3922

How does generally these OEMs work on niggles reported by users? In last few months many niggles were reported, would they fix them in next make of 2022 without making any noise about fix? Or would it be part of their next major upgrade?

Thanks
Keshav
Old 30th December 2021, 20:03   #3923
Distinguished - BHPian

Found a video comparing space in the second and third row as well as bootspace of the Safari, Alcazar, Crysta and XUV700.

CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 20:23   #3924
BHPian

Got my AX7L diesel manual delivered yesterday.Really happy with the overall space,power,refinement,features on offer.Turns a lot of heads on the road.
People dont believe its a MAHINDRA
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211229wa0017.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211229wa0029.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211230wa0011.jpg  

niranjan.mulye is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 21:12   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manav274 View Post
Thanks mate for asking about it, and certain collision might sound like big accidents, but certainly not, like bumping into a car in city limits where ur bumper gets damaged but no human injury.

First instance, my 15 months old kid started crying suddenly while i was going in the slope of underpass and at the same moment the cab driver in front me did an emergency braking, so i was caught off guard n AEB alerted and pitched in for the braking.

Secondly, while driving within traffic speed limits, one of a rash kid driver just overtook me from left and couldn't do a lane change afterwards n got stuck, AEB helped in braking and certainly save that kid from multiple scrapes.
Quote:
Mate - like the bloke above at-least ask what was the situation like, rather than just starting punching away with quotes and ideology. And is 2800 km's a unit to measure when one can meet an accident or have an incident ?.
Pardon me if it seemed like punching away. It surely wasn't intended so. I only meant to get attention to a factor I imagine is often overlooked. It was only out of concern.

It also got me to then talk about the broader topic about aspects of safety to the readers of the thread in general, and hence separated the subsequent part of the post with the ("~~~~~"), after the one line to you. (back to back posts within 30 mins is usually not acceptable on the forum)

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Got my AX7L diesel manual delivered yesterday.Really happy with the overall space,power,refinement,features on offer.Turns a lot of heads on the road.
People dont believe its a MAHINDRA
Congratulations on getting the COTY of T-Bhp as early.

Last edited by Poitive : 30th December 2021 at 21:14. Reason: Added congrats to Niranjan
Poitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 09:51   #3926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Okay, so today began with a small victory

- After a particularly stormy phone call with the Sales Head and Customer Service rep of the dealership yesterday evening regarding "Incidental Charges", wherein they were giving me random excuses like "You should have informed us about these charges being unacceptable right at the start before booking" and "These charges are levied by all dealers". I simply told them that since the
I know you have already received your car but was just checking out the website of NBS International and it says it is a 100% subsidiary of Mahindra and Mahindra.

I mean one would expect M&M itself to not indulge in such malpractices because from whatever little I have experienced in trying to book a TD,the customer service directly from M&M has been pretty good. I thought NBS as an extension would be the same but it seems to be most notorious dealer in Mumbai.
chirag08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 14:04   #3927
BHPian

I was looking at m2all accessories list (official Mahindra accessories portal), These variants can be installed wireless charger -

Name:  Screenshot 20211231 at 1.58.31 PM.png
Views: 988
Size:  37.9 KB

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...ax7c-ax7t.html

I am curious about variant reference for "AX7C" and "AX7T".

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 31st December 2021 at 14:06. Reason: format
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 14:12   #3928
BHPian

So finally, after a long wait got my hands on my new ride. I had sold my CIAZ Diesel in June 2021 thinking that I would buy either Creta Diesel or XUV700, and was waiting to get four wheels home as I was totally reliant on my dad's CITY (Loaned) or my Royal Enfield.

Thank you, Mahindra, for getting the car delivered 1 month before the promised date. Did not expect this seeing the tentative dates spanning up to June 2023. Entire family was super exited to welcome our first SUV. Till date, have always been using either a hatchback or sedan.

On 29th when we reached the dealership were surprised to see 6 deliveries lined up and all for XUV 700. Seems Mahindra has increased the production and is trying to cut the delivery timelines. Since I had finished all my negotiations before hand, all we had to do was sign the necessary paperwork, get KYC done for Adrenox and do the pooja.

Apparently, the car was not yet lined-up for the delivery. The Sales person who was helping me with all the processes (booking to final payment) had her last day on 28th. I would like to make a special mention about the said sales person as, even though she had quit her job, she was coordinating with her colleagues to get the delivery as smooth as possible. Kudos to her dedication towards the customer service. Seldom we find someone who is so passionate about their work.

Did a complete PDI once again before going ahead with the pooja. Noticed, some black spots on the A pillar and sky-roof curtain and brought to the notice of the SA. Took in writing that they will provide a complete interior cleaning treatment in next 15 days for free. They also agreed for a free exterior polish.

We had to do the mahurat pooja between 1:00pm and 2:00 pm, and the vehicle was lined up for delivery by 1:30pm. We quickly finished the pooja and waited for KYC process to be complete. KYC got uploaded and I was able to access the Adrenox app within 30 minutes.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211229_133646.jpg

Dealership was trying to sell me accessories till last moment. Surprisingly they are even costlier than M2All. All I had to tell them was, I am not buying any accessory from them at this rate.

Overall, a very smooth delivery process at the dealership.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211229_154938__01.jpg

XUV 700 reaches home

Took couple of hours exploring all the options like a kid who has got a brand-new toy which has just launched in the market
bill1182 is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 16:53   #3929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
So finally, after a long wait got my hands on my new ride.
Congratulations!!! What variant is it?

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2022 at 16:19. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 17:55   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
I was looking at m2all accessories list (official Mahindra accessories portal), These variants can be installed wireless charger -

Attachment 2252244

https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...ax7c-ax7t.html

I am curious about variant reference for "AX7C" and "AX7T".
I think those were the optional packs Mahindra was too launch. If you see some of the reviews when the car was originally released many of the cars had AX7T writen on the bootlid. Haven't heard of the AX7C though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks