Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 22:11   #4171
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
To be realistic, don't expect double digit figures from petrol motor for city use. Mahindra anyways not popular for petrol engines, so be ready for mileage of 7-8 in city. It's a powerful motor so can't expect more. If you want good mileage, just go for diesel. Mahindra is known for diesel engines, you will get gem of a engine and also good resale value. So you will not lose anything what you pay more now for a diesel engine.
I have a AX7L P and get about 7 kmpl in city and 11 kmpl on highway. I am hoping it would improve as more miles are burnt. Having said that my Ignis petrol only gives only about 11 kmpl on city traffic, so 7 kmpl for a 200 bhp motor is acceptable ?
Old 12th January 2022, 22:14   #4172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
You are not going to get the delivery before feb 10th - which in most likely scenario to be the 2022 mfg car and a relatively niggle free one.
My dealer had called today asking if i was willing to go for a MT lower version than the one i had booked, denied it as looking at AT version(My booking). He also mentioned that all vehicles being delivered till Mar'22 would be of 2021 manufacture. Surprised to hear this as this could be true for Jan'22 deliveries. Not sure if this true or just a statement being made without any facts.
Old 12th January 2022, 22:46   #4173
BHPian

Not sure when this feature was introduced, but now we can configure accessories on the official website itself .

There is a button Launch Configurator on the booking page .

We can also see a 360 view of the car with accessories configured (internal and external both) .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_202201122236002.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_202201122235402.jpg  

D_Security_Guy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:49   #4174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
What I am wondering really is - unlike in other cars where after a full discharge, you can still open the doors with the physical key, how would one open the XUV700 with a physical key with these plush handles ? We would need to atleast unlock the bonnet to connect to the battery right ?
Yes, you can use the physical flip key on the fob to open the doors even when the battery is dead. Hope the below video helps to clarify this.
Attached Images

mahesh.alse is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:50   #4175

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
My dealer had called today asking if i was willing to go for a MT lower version than the one i had booked, denied it as looking at AT version(My booking). He also mentioned that all vehicles being delivered till Mar'22 would be of 2021 manufacture. Surprised to hear this as this could be true for Jan'22 deliveries. Not sure if this true or just a statement being made without any facts.
Probably a hidden agenda to shift you to another vehicle. Otherwise, if they really had a car manufactured in say mid-Dec 2021, with such huge waiting, why would that not get delivered by Jan?

When I went to book a Jeep recently towards December-end, the dealer had cars manufactured in October and November in their yard. I saw a December manufactured car as well in the showroom.
Old 12th January 2022, 23:43   #4176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Really Mahindra? For a car which is launched just 3-4 months back and people are not getting it due to high demand, you can't do such steep hike in price IMHO. You should have waited for few more months and price hike should be below 50K. I am sure lot more people will cancel their booking now.
A quick glance on variant wise price hikes from launch price as below. An average of ₹1 lakh hike across most variants can be seen, and 1.10 - 1.15 lakhs for few other variants(mostly diesel AT).
Attached Images

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 12th January 2022 at 23:49.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 07:30   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I`m not sure who will be smiling but you`ve got to see Tata`s pricing, only a true Tata fan can now look at the pricing and then go get one of those vehicles.

Now for a visual. This is how Carwale lists their price. The AX7 - 7 STR Diesel Automatic is 25.67L and it has ADAS while being 1.3L cheaper than a 5 STR Harrier so even if there is a price increase, it still does not change the value proposition.

Attachment 2258569
This must been an old pricelist, because the price list i got in December, the on road price for the car was 25.86L. My estimations say the current on road price will be 26.55L.
Old 13th January 2022, 08:30   #4178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I`m not sure who will be smiling but you`ve got to see Tata`s pricing, only a true Tata fan can now look at the pricing and then go get one of those vehicles.

Now for a visual. This is how Carwale lists their price. The AX7 - 7 STR Diesel Automatic is 25.67L and it has ADAS while being 1.3L cheaper than a 5 STR Harrier so even if there is a price increase, it still does not change the value proposition.

Attachment 2258569
The AX7 variant trumps the Harrier XZ/XZA in terms of features but in lower variants Harrier has more relevant features for the same price points. ESP is not available in MX and AX3 trims whereas Harrier has it from base model. XT+ is very well priced and has these useful features over the AX5 variant like reverse camera, keyless entry, auto wipers/headlights, electric folding ORVM, soft touch anti reflective dash top and automatic climate control.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220113083456.png  

Last edited by damodar : 13th January 2022 at 08:37.
damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 08:41   #4179
BHPian

Hello Fellow Bhpians,

Need some expert guidance from the fellow mates on the dilemma I am facing.
Posting this feels like KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati) moment of using a lifeline of Phone a Friend .

1) I have a XUV700 booked (AX7 Luxury Diesel AT AWD), ~29L OTR in Bangalore and my expected delivery date is around September this year. I am ok to wait for 6 months and as such don't need a car immediately. I currently drive a Ritz petrol, 11 years old, 35K km run, running perfectly fine.

2) While waiting for XUV700, I have found this XUV500 on OLX which is a direct deal with the owner.

Car : Mahindra XUV500 W11 (O) AT AWD
Year : Make October-2018, Registered Feb 2019.
Odo : 25K km.
Default 3 years warranty expiring in Feb 2022 but the owner has extended warranty of next 2 years also.

3) I keep cars for long, so I will keep either this XUV500 or XUV700 for at least 5 years. Given both XUV500 and XUV700 offer AWD, I want to go for AWD variants only though the car will be mostly running on tarmac always.

4) My running is around maximum of 10K km per year, spread across :
Daily city driving of 10-15km
Weekend trips near Bangalore of 150Km 1-2 times a month
1-2 long trips of around 1K km per year.

I am thinking of taking this XUV500 instead of plonking 29Lac on XUV700 which I can manage to shell out financially but feels like waste of money given the running I have.

Can you please advise me on what should I do and if I go for XUV500 what should be the right price to pay for it ?

Many thanks.

MODS : I have posted the above in USED CAR price check thread as well. Posting it here as well as I am confused between going for XUV700 or XUV500 and I think this thread is also a good place for asking this question. Please delete if required.
viscosity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 09:49   #4180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
2) While waiting for XUV700, I have found this XUV500 on OLX which is a direct deal with the owner.

Patience brother.

You keep your vehicles for long, so buy a new one so that at the end of 5 years, it's still new after a quick wash and polish ready for another 5.

If you are buying a diesel, please use it more often (DPF) otherwise please change your booking to petrol AT.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 10:26   #4181
BHPian

Quote:

1) I have a XUV700 booked (AX7 Luxury Diesel AT AWD), ~29L OTR in Bangalore and my expected delivery date is around September this year. I am ok to wait for 6 months and as such don't need a car immediately. I currently drive a Ritz petrol, 11 years old, 35K km run, running perfectly fine.

I would say WAIT. Especially when you have booked top end variant.

Mahindra is parallely ironing out niggles whatever they are observing, hence I believe the car you would get will be mostly niggle free and you can keep it for many years. In everyway, XUV7OO is superior to XUV5OO. Hold on to the car what you have now.

I was in same boat few months back and hence started thread to know the opinion of team. Sharing the same below. Please read and see if this helps you.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...tata-hexa.html (New Mahindra XUV7OO vs Used Mahindra XUV5OO vs Used Tata Hexa)
GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 11:18   #4182
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow Bhpians,

I am thinking of taking this XUV500 instead of plonking 29Lac on XUV700 which I can manage to shell out financially but feels like waste of money given the running I have.

Can you please advise me on what should I do and if I go for XUV500 what should be the right price to pay for it ?
I feel you bro. I have an 8 year old Brio and I have booked AX7L D AT. But I have also many a times contemplated whether I should go in for something cheaper. Options that I have been toying with include:

1. Hexa - the best VFM 7 seater that can only be bought pre-owned
2. Ertiga
3. Triber

If the Hexa was still in production (without the insane price hikes over the last couple of years), I would've probably bought it by now. Both my wife and I love how it looks even today and it is a very capable vehicle.

For #2 and 3 - it's the brain. It keeps doing the math: If I pick one of these, I can probably save 15 lacs and buy equivalent M&M stocks Financially, these options are very sensible. But yeh dil maange more I guess.

I have to remind my brain regularly that buying a car (the most expensive depreciating asset that you can buy) is an emotional decision not a logical one. See if your brain also falls for this.
charade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:00   #4183
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow Bhpians,

I am thinking of taking this XUV500 instead of plonking 29Lac on XUV700 which I can manage to shell out financially but feels like waste of money given the running I have..
However hard my banker at maths teacher try to convince me, I'll never go for 500 if I've a price protected awd 700 ready in September.
Do you want to go out for your weekend trip and keep sighing whenever you find a brand new 700 on the road.
I would possibly have an accident everytime a 700 passes just because I'll be concentrating on it rather than my 2nd hand 500

We have whole of our life to earn money but very few big chances to listen to our heart.go for it.

Of course money is an important factor but it should come second to heart (in reasonable limits). Otherwise your current car can still serve you well and you may save whole of it.

You've already earned more than a lakh by booking in advance..

I would have had a party on that note
Go and get your beast
sudanmohit is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:05   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post

You've already earned more than a lakh by booking in advance..

I would have had a party on that note
Go and get your beast
Add to that the time value of 25 lacs not being spent for a year (Oct 20 to Sep 21). Assuming the markets give 10%, you have earned another 2.5 lacs. And that is another way of how I trick my brain into sticking with my XUV7OO booking
charade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 12:28   #4185
BHPian

Quote:

XUV7OO it should be.
Reasons resonated by others members are quite pertinent especially for 2 reasons.

1. XUV7OO is a vast improvement; you get a new generation car: read 10 year model change for XUV.
2. This could be your (our), last ICE car as many people should keep it for the next 5-7 years at least. So enjoy the best version of ICE for now.
fazalmirza is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks