Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 23:26   #4321
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Thanks for this update. May I know what was your initial delivery date shown on the portal before it disappeared? Chip shortage has become a Go-to excuse for all auto manufacturers I guess. It's been 3+ months now since the booking (one of the initial bookings on the 7th for me) and still no light on the delivery day Mahindra is definitely trying their best to kill the excitement for all the AWD bookings.
My delivery date has been revised four times till now. I added to cart on 7th October but couldn't place order, then on 8th, the dealer called me up and told me that I could still place my booking. I changed my initial booking from AX7L AT to AT+AWD (since that was the variant I wanted but it wasn't available to select previously). I'll list the delivery dates I've gotten here:

1st (initial) Delivery Date: 7th December, 2021
2nd Delivery Date: 25th December-1st Jan, 2022
3rd Delivery Date: 8th-15th Jan, 2022
4th Delivery Date (current): 15th Feb, 2022

Quote:
I too hope that we get a 2022 manufactured car with all SW niggles sorted and with Apple car play working! I do know from the dealer that they flash the system once it arrives at the dealership.
This was one of the reasons I was dreading to take delivery because Apple Carplay is what I use on my Creta and having it not be available at launch despite Mahindra touting the feature was a buzzkill. Hopefully, with some members stating that they've got confirmation of atleast Android Auto certification to be completed by February, I'm hopeful that I'll atleast be able to use my Android phone to connect to the ICE on the drive back home after delivery. Otherwise, using bluetooth is a chore especially after getting used to Carplay.

Quote:
On another note regarding accessories, I believe there are complaints about the chrome appliques (they don't stick well) and some other things as well. So, I would advice new owners to choose only necessary accessories such as Side-step, rear-bumpers and mud guards. Even the mats seems quite expensive, while better ones are available in the market.
Thank you for this valuable piece of information. I was planning to get the ridiculously priced weather deflector/rain visor for the car but if there's an issue with the same I guess I'll avoid it and go aftermarket if there are any available. Planning to install rear-guard as well because bikers often hit the rear of our Innova and with the fiberglass tailgate on XUV7OO, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. Will try to get mud guard as a complimentary add-on if possible from the dealership

Do update if you get the delivery date earlier. I got a call today from the SE reiterating the same that my delivery date is now 15th February, 2022. Though, I'm inclined to not get my hopes up keeping in mind past experience
Old 20th January 2022, 23:54   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Is it AT that you drive? I assume MT might give 1-2 kmpl extra in my opinion.
Yes, it is AT. Quite likely as I always feel it upshifts too late sometimes that it annoys a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Which dealer did you buy it from in Bangalore?
I bought from India Garage Mahadevapura. The sales experience, and everyone involved, were mostly smooth and professional. No pressure around insurance or accessories too. Only annoyance I had was some confusion and having too make too many calls for HSRP. Did the first service from there itself too; it was smooth and fast. Nevertheless, I am considering PPS Sullikunte for future services as it is rated much better on Google maps and as I can avoid driving inside the city.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 16:22   #4323
BHPian

Hi folks, I'm a proud owner of a 2016 AWD XUV 500.

Have seen a number of threads on that aspect.

Some things haven't changed since 2015 for Mahindra. Even then the waiting was forever for the AWD variant.

My 2 cents, even if it takes longer the wait is worth it in the end.

There are such few AWD variants available in this price range, it makes sense going in for it ,making it even more niche of a variant.

The added confidence to take the car without hesitation most places is an added bonus.
vinitbhavi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 19:38   #4324
BHPian

I specifically remember seeing AWD variant in the freedom drive Mahindra conducted in August, so any news of Mahindra adding it afterwards is not correct. What they did was that they din't give AT+AWD combo when it was launched, although they added it on the second day. I had booked an AX7 L D AT but changed it immediately to At+AWD before 7th oct. My delivery date is tentatively on 7th Feb, but not sure if I will receive it by then
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 23:04   #4325

I have reached the last step of booking XUV 700 a couple of times and always get stuck at making a decision between AX7L petrol or AX7L AWD diesel . I love the NVH levels of petrol and dislike the sound of diesel engine inside the XUV 700 cabin (my opinion ) . But AWD will be added advantage for me since I do a lot of Ghat driving (Goa-Pune) . We have a petrol Brio and Diesel Polo at home, love both vehicles but like the smooth driving experience of petrol and hence end up driving Brio more often .
Any thoughts to end this dilemma will be helpful !

P.S. my very first post !
Old 22nd January 2022, 00:16   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hi folks, I'm a proud owner of a 2016 AWD XUV 500.

Have seen a number of threads on that aspect.

Some things haven't changed since 2015 for Mahindra. Even then the waiting was forever for the AWD variant.

My 2 cents, even if it takes longer the wait is worth it in the end.

There are such few AWD variants available in this price range, it makes sense going in for it ,making it even more niche of a variant.

The added confidence to take the car without hesitation most places is an added bonus.
Hi vinitbhavi,

Thanks for your message.

Just a few questions as you had good experience with AWD XUV5OO.
1. Do you feel any extra vibrations, noise, or anything else when it transforms from front wheel drive to all wheel drive?
2. Is there any marked difference in fuel efficiency of front wheel drive vs all wheel drive?
3. Any extra maintenance that you had to do in the last 5 years for AWD?
4. When did you feel AWD came into great use on tarmac or elsewhere?

Thanks

Last edited by fazalmirza : 22nd January 2022 at 00:17.
fazalmirza is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:28   #4327
BHPian

Anybody in Hyderabad looking for a XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT - I found a used car that ran 2000kms in the website here. Please check if interested.

https://www.autoarena.in/product/mah...uv700-ax7l-at/

PS: Please note that I am in no way related to that website or company nor do I know the condition or reason for sale of the car. I stumbled upon it while I was searching for a used car. Just posted it so that it can benefit people since there are insane waiting times for XUV7OO.

Last edited by ramsudhir : 22nd January 2022 at 10:37.
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:47   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad47 View Post
I have reached the last step of booking XUV 700 a couple of times and always get stuck at making a decision between AX7L petrol or AX7L AWD diesel . I love the NVH levels of petrol and dislike the sound of diesel engine inside the XUV 700 cabin (my opinion ) . But AWD will be added advantage for me since I do a lot of Ghat driving (Goa-Pune).
Any thoughts to end this dilemma will be helpful !

P.S. my very first post !
My friend had 2 XUV500 AWD for over 7 years, driven over 80000 km and switched to XUV700 Petrol AX7. While the NVH is good and engine is powerful, the mileage drops around 7 if driven under load or heavy throttle.

If usage is mainly long distance, diesel would be better as it will consistently give over 10 km. AWD will provide more confidence to tackle rough terrains. Some damping with better speakers, amp can help improve the in-cabin experience.
Mogs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 14:23   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Anybody in Hyderabad looking for a XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT - I found a used car that ran 2000kms in the website here. Please check if interested.
I found this ad in Maharashtra, where the asking price is more than the price of a new car

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20220122142039979_com.cartrade.car.jpg
Old 22nd January 2022, 15:21   #4330
BHPian

In the link I shared, the car is offered at almost the new
car (10 to 20k less I think) price.

Last edited by ramsudhir : 22nd January 2022 at 15:23.
Old 22nd January 2022, 17:27   #4331
BHPian

Another case of battery failure in a new XUV 7OO.

Old 22nd January 2022, 19:08   #4332
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

As promised, here's some latest dope on the XUV700.

1. After the launch of the all new Scorpio, according to my sources there will be some reshuffling of XUV700 variants. This will mainly happen with the MX and AX3 variants. Expect some configurations like 5/7 seats,gearbox options etc to be altered.

2. According to my sources, the correct way of opening the doors in the XUV700 from the outside in variants which do not have smart door handles is to first give a gentle pull using the handles and then grab the door frame to complete the remaining opening action. If you pull the door solely using the handles then there are chances that the handles may not retract afterwards. To sort this issue Mahindra has increased the tension of the spring inside the door handles and updated springs will be rolled out soon.

3. The leather keyfob cover which was of inferior quality has been removed from the m2all website. One of my friends who is expecting the delivery of his XUV700 next month was told by his dealer about this.

4. According to my sources, after Pratap Bose joined Mahindra, he was commissioned to design a new logo and when he came up with the current logo,Mahindra had to make the necessary changes to the tailgate which resulted in the awkward logo placement. But when the facelifted XUV700 arrives sometime around 2025 we can expect a streamlined rear logo placement.

5. While designing the XUV700, Anand Mahindra and Rajesh Jejurikar had give the brief that they wanted it to be city friendly. That's why Mahindra engineers made the steering and clutch lighter than all their competitors.

6. According to my sources, Mahindra has started preliminary work on steerable rear axle and we may see it being launched in future Mahindra products.

That's all for now. Next round of scoops on the XUV700 will come on next Saturday I.e. 30th of this month. So stay tuned for that.
ram87pune is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 19:49   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Another case of battery failure in a new XUV 7OO.
One observation. If the roof light switch is on, it will remain in on condition even after locking the vehicle. This may lead to battery drain.

Last edited by ambadan : 22nd January 2022 at 19:52. Reason: Correction
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 20:46   #4334

Dear fellow BHPians

I was looking for a 7 seater mostly for city driving with occasional highway trips. I fell in love with the XUV700 the day I drove it. I never felt it was as big as it is. City driving, which is my main criteria, was a breeze. I booked an AX7 Diesel MT in December and got a delivery date of September 2023. I started looking for other 7 seaters meanwhile and came across the Carens. I didn't like the 16-inch wheels, odd looks especially from rear, small sunroof and, obviously, lack of ADAS. Then I realised it was not right to compare the Carens with the XUV700.

I was getting restless even though I was reading all posts here regarding long waiting periods even after booking on 7th October and hence, started asking the dealer of what could be available fastest. He told me that he has one silver AX7 Petrol MT. I checked it thoroughly, got the money arranged and finally, shall be taking the delivery on Monday. After finalizing the petrol variant, I realised that my Brezza had clicked 54,000 km in 6 years, which gave me confidence in my selection of the petrol variant.

One thing I would like to add here is that the vehicle is October manufactured and getting delivered in January. I am fine with 2021 make as long as I get it. But not only have I been asked to pay taking into consideration the price hike (recent 2022 price hike), I have had to even fight a lot for getting the insurance quote reduced from Rs. 1.07 lakh to (finally) Rs. 76,000.

In a nutshell, I am still happy as now I'm getting the vehicle within a span of 25-30 days from booking. Can't wait to get my hands on the beast.
I shall try to post my first impressions, especially about software, in case of any niggles.

This is my first post.

Happy revving and best of luck with your cars, especially those who have booked AWD, as I have read many posts about postponed delivery dates.

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 24th January 2022 at 19:09. Reason: Grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc
bluelotus is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd January 2022, 23:16   #4335

Dear All
After a lot of deliberation, I finally booked my XUV 700 AX5 D AT 7Str on 31st December 2021 however the tentative delivery date as per the tracking tool is between Jan 7 - Feb 6 2023.

While the dealer salesperson told me I should expect the vehicle sometime in June / July based on the number of cancellations they are receiving, I am not convinced as most of them I think would be Petrol variants. Also going through this thread many of the fellow members who booked during the first couple of days are still waiting for their vehicles so the chance for me to receive the car in the next 6 month or so is bleak.

Since last week I have been contemplating if I should cancel this booking and rather go ahead with Innova Crysta GX AT (Diesel). My OTR budget is 25 lacs tops and both AX5 D AT and Innova GX AT would fit in.

XUV 700 was our first choice being a newer model and the family likes it more compared to an Innova in terms of looks and styling but considering the delivery delays we are happy to switch to the Innova.

Please let me know your thoughts. Any views or suggestions would be appreciated

Take care and stay safe!
green_sheesha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks