Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 09:32   #4441

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi,

Has anyone who booked their XUV700 on the second day (i.e. 8 October) received it yet? Just want to understand if Mahindra has started the second day booking deliveries till now. I have a second day booking, and have delivery date in Aug/ Sep (of course hoping that it will be preponed )

Thanks.
Old 1st February 2022, 09:36   #4442

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
1. How good/bad are they? Google reviews give them a rating of 4.9 out of 154 reviews. I must say TD experience was too good, i was attended immediately and the SA patiently answered all my queries.

Thanks.
They are reasonable- not over the top with updates, but when you call, they will share all the info they have. As cancellations come in they offer those models to other customers and if you are interested, you can quickly get delivery. I have seen a lot of msgs from them on AX5 variants in white and red. I booked with them on 7-Oct and they have been realistic. My terms with them are similar to yours and they never fussed about it. My sales rep’s only request was to give them a chance to match my external insurance quote. One thing I did noticed was high churn amongst sales reps - I am with my third since last August (yeah… that’s when I started visiting the showroom )
iraharah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 10:04   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Visited the Dealer Showroom today to inquire about the vehicle. Was told that the vehicle will be billed today and then within 5 days, it will be available in the stockyard for PDI. The manager was positive that i will get delivery by 7th Feb ( Original promised date).
That's some good news!! Similar news was shared by my dealer over the weekend. But, I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Until I get the call for a PDI, I am not convinced about these news. I haven't got any update over mail or status change in the tracking page.Which dealer is this you working with?

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 1st February 2022 at 10:15. Reason: Correction
Old 1st February 2022, 10:35   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraharah View Post
They are reasonable- not over the top with updates, but when you call, they will share all the info they have. As cancellations come in they offer those models to other customers and if you are interested, you can quickly get delivery. I have seen a lot of msgs from them on AX5 variants in white and red. I booked with them on 7-Oct and they have been realistic. My terms with them are similar to yours and they never fussed about it. My sales rep’s only request was to give them a chance to match my external insurance quote. One thing I did noticed was high churn amongst sales reps - I am with my third since last August (yeah… that’s when I started visiting the showroom )
Thanks for the reply. Yes I too noticed high churn, because people I met 3 months back are not there now. I will be booking this week and lets see how it goes. Please keep me posted when you take delivery of your vehicle.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2022 at 07:08. Reason: Please use CAPITALS wherever appropriate
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 10:54   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
They themselves told that no incidental charges will be there plus they will match the insurance (asked for the quote). Plus no push for accessories also.
Very good to hear. Which Bangalore dealer is this?

On the battery issue, ram87pune did mention the software update that will resolve it to some extent - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5244625 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2022 at 07:15. Reason: Typo
Old 1st February 2022, 11:05   #4446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushg11 View Post
Hi,

Has anyone who booked their XUV700 on the second day (i.e. 8 October) received it yet? Just want to understand if Mahindra has started the second day booking deliveries till now. I have a second day booking, and have delivery date in Aug/ Sep (of course hoping that it will be preponed )

Thanks.
Though I had made the payment on 07th October to the dealer, my booking could not go through on 07th and was subsequently done on 08th October. As I already had the car added to my cart from the day cart functionality was made available on the Mahindra website, I was told by the dealer that my booking would be considered in the first 25k and I would be eligible for the price protection.

I had booked AX7 D AT in Midnight Black colour. Initial CPD was 15th January to 31st January which then got delayed to 01st Feb to 15th Feb. To my surprise, I got the vehicle delivered on 29th December. This was not a cancellation by someone else that I was alloted. I saw the billing details that M&M had sent to the dealer which confirmed that the vehicle was alloted and billed to us.
Old 1st February 2022, 12:04   #4447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
That's some good news!! Similar news was shared by my dealer over the weekend. But, I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Until I get the call for a PDI, I am not convinced about these news. I haven't got any update over mail or status change in the tracking page.Which dealer is this you working with?
Same here, unless they call me for PDI, I will not believe them. I am working with Anant cars BG road/Mysore road.

Can you help me with the other queries in my post ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post
Very good to hear. Which Bangalore dealer is this?

On the battery issue, ram87pune did mention the software update that will resolve it to some extend - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5244625 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Anant cars, but i will not believe it till i make the payment. Will get to know in a week, will update you then

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2022 at 16:22. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 12:06   #4448
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
While I tried to book on the 7th it did not go through as the website had crashed. I received a call and email on the 8th at 1pm to make payment by 3pm. I made the payment via RTGS by 7pm and sent the screenshot to the person who had called me. I confirmed my variant details as well. So I’m not sure if that qualifies as the booking on the 7th or the 8th. But the NBS showroom/Mahindra has done very well to ensure I was in the first 25k.
And I got a call and email on the allotment on Dec 1 stating that the car will be ready for delivery by 10th Dec. But as I wasn’t ready with my finances, they agreed to allow me time till Dec 20th to make payment and received my car on Dec 24th.

Cheers!
Old 1st February 2022, 12:32   #4449
BHPian

I have booked XUV AX7 D MT on the first day with price protection(~18.3L) and the plan was to utilise my company car lease benefit.
As per our company rules I am eligible for car worth 19L ex showroom, I got the initial HR paperwork done based on release date prices that I got from the dealer.
My scheduled delivery of the car is Aug and the current ex showroom price of the car is ~19.3.
Now the query is how will the dealer generate the invoice, will I the exshowroom be with price protected price or the new price at that point of time and mention the remaining diff as a discount.
Anyone who has got the delivery, can you please throw some light here.
I really don’t want to miss out on the benefits of my company car lease policy.
Old 1st February 2022, 12:53   #4450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
I have booked XUV AX7 D MT on the first day with price protection(~18.3L) and the plan was to utilise my company car lease benefit.
As per our company rules I am eligible for car worth 19L ex showroom, I got the initial HR paperwork done based on release date prices that I got from the dealer.
My scheduled delivery of the car is Aug and the current ex showroom price of the car is ~19.3.
Now the query is how will the dealer generate the invoice, will I the exshowroom be with price protected price or the new price at that point of time and mention the remaining diff as a discount.
Anyone who has got the delivery, can you please throw some light here.
I really don’t want to miss out on the benefits of my company car lease policy.

I had the exact same issue. I was missing the car lease by 4000. I checked with the dealer if they can change the invoice but they dint agree. I am forced to go for car loan now.
Old 1st February 2022, 13:48   #4451
BHPian

Quote:
I had the exact same issue. I was missing the car lease by 4000. I checked with the dealer if they can change the invoice but they dint agree. I am forced to go for car loan now.
So the invoice will be on the new ex-showroom price and will get discount on the difference value?
this is heartbreaking
I would have saved 2-3L on the interest alone!
can you please share the invoice in DM if you dont mind.
Old 1st February 2022, 13:54   #4452
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
I did. But my case was different. I took delivery of a last minute cancelled vehicle. Same variant but different colour.
Old 1st February 2022, 13:56   #4453
BHPian

If you are under price protection( as you booked on the first day itself), then the invoice will have the original price only. But the road tax, registration charges etc. will change as they will be calculated on the new prices. What you need to check is if this pushes the value of the vehicle beyond your approved car lease value.
Old 1st February 2022, 14:06   #4454
BHPian

I booked AX7 L Petrol Automatic Midnight Black on 7th October, the website shows delivery in May/June 2022, I might get the car earlier than that. I have owned XUV 500 W8 since July 2012, in April 2017 I changed to W10 AT.

I am planning the following accessories for my car
  1. Illuminated scuff plates ( I have them in my present XUV 500 )
  2. Scuff Plate in the Boot
  3. Rear Luggage Cover, most of the time the third row will be folded.
  4. Logo Projector lamps ( I have this in my present XUV 500 )
  5. 3D Kagu Mats ( I have them in XUV 500 and am very happy with them, the company is still developing a mat set for the 700 and will be ready in a couple of months)
  6. I plan to protect the four corners of the front and rear bumpers with PPF, I had got this done in my XUV500 when I bought it in April 2017, it has really been a very good investment as it has taken all the scratches and protected the paint.
  7. I plan to do ceramic coating either myself or professionally; I will do this after the first 1,000 km service.
  8. I will also do some treatment to the upholstery to protect it, I do not like seat covers.

I would welcome suggestions / advice from fellow BHPians. Thanks
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 14:17   #4455
BHPian

Quote:
If you are under price protection( as you booked on the first day itself), then the invoice will have the original price only. But the road tax, registration charges etc. will change as they will be calculated on the new prices. What you need to check is if this pushes the value of the vehicle beyond your approved car lease value.
My company allows me to go for cars costing more than the approved/eligible amount - the additional amount will be paid out of my pocket as the down payment component. You may want to see if this option is available in your lease program and adjust accordingly.

From my past calculations I did not see a big savings in the lease program with GST eating into much of the savings - if I remember correctly the tax component a registration increases slightly due to it being a company registration and then there is a GST component that has to be paid at the time of lease closure/preclosure as well. I may be wrong on this but would like to know your take on this?

And a nice coincidence - my AWD booking is with Anant cars as well and being managed between BG road/mysore road similar to yours.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks