Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2022, 09:54   #4516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post

Unfortunately these are not AT for sure. I took a pic of the tyres and in a hurry didn't frame it completely, was focusing on the size. Pic attached, guess these are Apollo Apterra HP 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 103 H Car Tyre. Not sure what HP is, High Performance? Anyways, reviews are just ok and seems like made for the highways.

Few alternates for this tyre mentioned online are:
Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 107 V and Michelin Primacy 3 ST SUV 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 103 H. Any suggestions welcome. Changing them while new would make sense, if required at all.
There are several things on this tyre as I can see from the pictures you have posted.

The H/P marking (highway / performance = may not last as long as an H/T), Traction AA rating (rain) and M+S (mud & snow). Apart from this you have the speed rating of the tyres and load index. This tyre from those markings make it appropriate for a large cross-over that can carry 7 passengers at high speeds as well as handle some slippery terrain.

When you swap this for something else, make sure everything is equal or exceeds those ratings. I would gather that there is little to gain from swapping these tyres for a Michelin / Yoko as you have mentioned above.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 11:07   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On a separate note, for TBHPians looking for some bite on boot space in MX/5 seater (didn't want to create a new post for this).
Don't 5 seater versions have different interior trims in the luggage area? I still see armrest/cup holder etc meant for a 7 seater. If that is the case, this is really half hearted attempt by Mahindra.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 11:19   #4518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
I recently booked the AX7L D AT AWD as well online, but I have not got any updates on tentative delivery dates from either dealer or on the weblink. Does it take some time to get this information?
For me it took around 8-10 days post booking to reflect on Mahindra website.
Old 5th February 2022, 12:54   #4519
BHPian

Quote:
2- Does it make sense to buy the extended warranty right now or can it be purchased later? Is there a risk of prices going up?
Extended warranty can be purchased anytime before the original 3 year warranty period expires. But the prices differ when we purchase it within 60 days or beyond 60 days.

Also it is not mandatory that you need to purchase from the dealer, you can easily get it via Hamesha App as well.

Attaching the actual shield quotation of Mahindra here
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-gasoline_shield.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-diesel_shield.jpeg  

kachamohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 13:01   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Don't 5 seater versions have different interior trims in the luggage area? I still see armrest/cup holder etc meant for a 7 seater. If that is the case, this is really half hearted attempt by Mahindra.
It doesn’t. 5 seaters have 12v socket and cup holders in the boot. I am using it that to keep my car freshener.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 14:29   #4521
BHPian

Quote:
Few alternates for this tyre mentioned online are:
Yokohama Geolandar SUV G055 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 107 V and Michelin Primacy 3 ST SUV 235/60 R 18 Tubeless 103 H. Any suggestions welcome. Changing them while new would make sense, if required at all.
Let me tell you about my experience of shifting to Michelins if it could be of any help. My Scorpio came with JK Elanzos and I drove them till 78k kms. When the time to change came up, a friend advised to go for Michelins which I did. And I could immediately perceive a large reduction in road noise and an increase in comfort levels/braking while driving. One of the main reasons for this is Michelins are made from a softer compound. Although Michelins lasted for about 45K kms but I have since decided to use Michelins only on my cars going forward.

Last edited by JKBKS : 5th February 2022 at 14:34.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 15:25   #4522
BHPian

Looks like the AWD variant without the L package does come with EPB as was mentioned in one of the footnotes in the manual

You can see the EPB with auto hold in this video, now am secretly wishing that it also gets the stop and go adaptive cruise like in L package

Last edited by Sandegov : 5th February 2022 at 15:39. Reason: Typo
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 17:57   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachamohan View Post
Extended warranty can be purchased anytime before the original 3 year warranty period expires. But the prices differ when we purchase it within 60 days or beyond 60 days.

Also it is not mandatory that you need to purchase from the dealer, you can easily get it via Hamesha App as well.

Attaching the actual shield quotation of Mahindra here
Thank you so much, this is very helpful.

I want to check the inclusions for the warranty, especially on ADAS. While the features surely are futuristic and advanced, wonder what will the long term maintenance/repair etc look like.
Old 5th February 2022, 18:14   #4524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I want to check the inclusions for the warranty, especially on ADAS.
While I understand your view, trust me as Ex-Mahindra owner - just get the extended warranty and thank me later

By the way, when are you getting delivery? Hope you are all set to take car home soon! Have a great ownership experience!

Last edited by abirnale : 5th February 2022 at 18:15.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 19:10   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Looks like the AWD variant without the L package does come with EPB as was mentioned in one of the footnotes in the manual
While this was always speculated by the end-users , all queries till date to the Mahindra Team (customer care to sales Agent) , was bluntly responded, that "AWD without L pack won't have the EPB".

It's surprising to see why everyone was kept in dark about this feature (except of course the fine print in the brochure ).

Now it becomes hard to accept that people who booked AWD+L will have to pay 1.5 L above the AWD variant only to have the 360 camera, smart door handle and 6 additional speakers ?
D_Security_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 21:28   #4526
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

As promised, here's some latest info on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, around 80% of software related bugs and issues are fixed with the current update of 7.xx version. Mahindra management has given a deadline of April to mid May for ironing out all the software related problems.

2. In the coming months owners of the XUV700 will receive OTA updates which will improve the sound quality of the Sony system plus will also improve the engine mapping and refinement of both the engines.

3. AWD variant of the XUV700 has different engine map for when one switches to AWD mode from 4×2. This is done to compensate for added traction and power distribution.

4. In the first half of this month, production is skewed in favour of Silver and Red colours. So members who have booked these colours can expect their deliveries to be expedited.

5. Some owners of the XUV700 had reported sound cracking when listening to music at high volumes. This issue has been fixed from this month.

6. Similarly glovebox rattling noise was also reported which is fixed by adding an extra rubber beading inside the glovebox and also the tolerance for the glovebox to dashboard fit has been improved.

7. This month onwards upgraded brakes are being fitted which have all but removed the screeching noise reported by owners.

That's all for now. Next update will come on next Saturday I.e 12th of this month. So stay tuned for that.
ram87pune is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 21:53   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post

Its good to know we are dealing with the same dealer. What's your delivery date ?
Ram, did you hear anything from Anant cars? I was told that the AWD deliveries would mostly happen in the current allocation expected around feb first week but I don’t see any updates from them yet and it looks like PPS has already delivered a few AWD variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post

Now it becomes hard to accept that people who booked AWD+L will have to pay 1.5 L above the AWD variant only to have the 360 camera, smart door handle and 6 additional speakers ?
+ Additional Knee airbag
+ Stop go adaptive cruise
+ Tilt & Telescopic steering
+ Sony sound staging

At 1.5L difference I feel there is some merit in going with L package if your budget allows, my budget stretch with Bangalore pricing was going to be for either the AWD or L package considering few additional spends on side steps, dash cam and other necessary accessories. The on road price difference here in Bangalore between AWD and AWD L was 2.25L on the 1st day pricing.

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th February 2022 at 16:42. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 6th February 2022, 00:44   #4528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Ram, did you hear anything from Anant cars? I was told that the AWD deliveries would mostly happen in the current allocation expected around feb first week but I don’t see any updates from them yet and it looks like PPS has already delivered a few AWD variants.
As informed in my previous post, seems some internal issues prevented them to bill any vehicles in the first week of Feb. They told billing will start from 8th Feb. Issues seems to be with Bangalore only. While this seems to be some cooked up story to me, i don't have an option but to wait for them to come back. My delivery is pushed to mid Feb now
rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 01:18   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
While I understand your view, trust me as Ex-Mahindra owner - just get the extended warranty and thank me later

By the way, when are you getting delivery? Hope you are all set to take car home soon! Have a great ownership experience!
Yes, have confirmed with the dealer to add it in my down payment, might as well take it from them considering they have been helpful so far.

If everything goes as planned, will be taking delivery on 10th Feb. My choice of number is selected and confirmed. Thanks a lot for the wishes, badly need them. It's a first time for me on lot of things- big vehicle (size), automatic, AWD and Mahindra

AWD stories on initial lot of XUV 500 still gets me anxious, expecting the mechanicals to be sorted and hoping for the best. Thanks again.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 11:57   #4530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

As promised, here's some latest info on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, around 80% of software related bugs and issues are fixed with the current update of 7.xx version. Mahindra management has given a deadline of April to mid May for ironing out all the software related problems.

2. In the coming months owners of the XUV700 will receive OTA updates which will improve the sound quality of the Sony system plus will also improve the engine mapping and refinement of both the engines.

3. AWD variant of the XUV700 has different engine map for when one switches to AWD mode from 4×2. This is done to compensate for added traction and power distribution.

4. In the first half of this month, production is skewed in favour of Silver and Red colours. So members who have booked these colours can expect their deliveries to be expedited.

5. Some owners of the XUV700 had reported sound cracking when listening to music at high volumes. This issue has been fixed from this month.

6. Similarly glovebox rattling noise was also reported which is fixed by adding an extra rubber beading inside the glovebox and also the tolerance for the glovebox to dashboard fit has been improved.

7. This month onwards upgraded brakes are being fitted which have all but removed the screeching noise reported by owners.

That's all for now. Next update will come on next Saturday I.e 12th of this month. So stay tuned for that.

Thanks Ram. Is this point no 7 applicable for the existing owners. Is Mahindra providing a fix for the already delivered vehicles? My AT XUV700 does have a screeching sound in crawling traffic and moving from the ramp. Service guys at AMPL, Chennai said they could do nothing about it and it is persistent in all AT cars. Other Tech experts, is this something normal in an AT vehicle?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks