Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 11:19   #4561
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Zeus completed the first service. First service cost is Rs 235/- They charged only for the consumables.

AMPL Mahindra Guindy had my vehicle for two full days to do the software updates. In my entire car owning experience for the last two decades this is the first time I have left my car in workshop for 2 days. The answer I got from the service guys is they were overwhelmed with many XUV 700's and unable to manage delivery in a day.

It costed me Rs 944/- to paint both the ORVM's matching the body color of my Ax5. Why would manufacturers behave such miserly? I cannot fathom such practices.

Looks like most of the infotainment issues have been sorted out. Yet, the radio playing in loud volume is not sorted at Ignition on. It still persists. Upon checking with the guy who did the software updates he told me that he could come to my place and do the update again or I should come to workshop again.

Checked with the Service guys about the Android / Apple car play. They said by end of February or 1st week of March the update is expected and its almost confirmed it seems. Any news on this from rest of India? Kindly share.

I have also ordered for the rear parcel tray (Mine is a 5 seater) at the time of taking delivery of the vehicle. This is yet to get delivered to me. Upon following up multiple times, I am told that Mahindra is to deliver this by end of February.

I was told only the 4th year warranty is applicable when i took delivery of the XUV but I observed in the "With you Hamesha" app that they have 4&5th year warranty together. I am working with the Sales guys to get this done. They are cancelling the 4th year warranty taken and then will do it for both 4th and 5th year.

Noted few quirks in the vehicle.

1. The central locking can be opened while the vehicle is in motion and the speed sensitive lock will activate once the vehicle reduces to speeds less than 10 Km/h. In such a safety rich vehicle like XUV 700 I think this is a bummer. I have noticed in Creta you cannot open the central locking when the vehicle is in motion.

2. Instrument cluster doesn't have the radio option display as claimed in the owner's manual. At least in AX5. Other owners can chime in.

3. The drive time (time elapsed) is not constantly shown in the Instrument cluster in the drive info. Other vehicles like Creta displays the drive time/AFE/fuel range in a single screen. Mahindra can think about this and update the software with a fix.

Posting a pic of Zeus
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4338.jpg  

Last edited by zeus_700 : 9th February 2022 at 11:35. Reason: Rephrased a sentence
zeus_700 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 11:29   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
An AWD owner shared this pic.
The MID displays the Torque Distribution.
Quite a thoughtful integration for this variant IMO!
Good thing, Mahindra made something unique to the AWD variant
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:00   #4563
DVK
BHPian

So I had the opportunity to drive the new XUV 700 in the P AT for a couple of airport runs in Hyderabad. I am not sure which variant it was but it had the 360 degree camera.

My impressions:
  • The first touch point that anyone comes across is the new door handles. Though it looked cool, I am not sure if I would prefer it in the longer run. My hands slipped at times from the edges while opening the door, which resulted in an unergonomic motion of opening and closing the doors.
  • Does it not come with a request sensor with on/off feature? I did not pay much attention to the feature specs since I was in a hurry for most of the time. But even if there is a request/proximity sensor, I was not able to figure it out quickly enough apparently.
  • The next bit you notice is how high you sit! I absolutely loved the commanding view.
  • The seats slide backward to allow you to sit more comfortably without the steering fouling with your legs. This is a brilliant feature and super convenient to use! You do not notice it when climbing up and sitting down, but you do tend to notice when switching off the vehicle and getting down.
  • Next, the tech overload! The screen is huge and was not too laggy as the others who had driven this car had mentioned. Perhaps there was an update rolled out? I am not too sure, have not been following too keenly about the vehicle.
  • While the joined screen looks good at night, when the sunlight hits the panels, it is easy to see that digital instrument cluster is quite small in width and height. Do not get me wrong, it is quite sharp even when direct sunlight hits it. But the size itself could have been tad bigger since there is a lot of information to go through.
  • Another "gimmick" I liked was the real time torque and power figures which can be displayed both on the central screen and the instrument cluster. Neat little trick, but again, seems a bit laggy.
  • The ADAS system is absolutely brilliant to use on the ORR as well as when there is little to no traffic around you (I tried it post midnight). Just set a comfortable speed and let the system work it's magic. Brilliant when you are relatively tired, and would like your hands to rest. You absolutely do need to maintain situational awareness though.
  • I think there is also an auto braking feature enabled. When in traffic, I was a little hesitant to brake when the vehicle in front of me was slowing down quite a bit and the system beeped and hit the brakes in a mild manner, this was also accompanied with some juddering of the pedals. Pretty cool!
  • The quality of 360 camera along with the lane watch camera seemed very average. The integration with the indicators seemed great and without lag, but due to a small size of the instrument cluster, I found myself looking away from the road and at the camera feed. While this was okay on the ORR, I would not really advise to rely on this in the city traffic. Maybe it is something one would get used to, but it is not entirely user friendly from the get go.
  • Coming to the drive itself, It is nothing short of brilliant! The way this motor pulls such a huge vehicle is art in itself! You have loads of power on tap and the gearbox responds pretty well to aggressive throttle inputs.
  • The fuel efficiency was a bit of a shocker for me. It displayed less than 9.2 on most of the runs. But maybe it makes sense considering it is such a huge vehicle.
  • The engine is pretty silent on the move when driven sedately. The only irritating noise that you will hear in the cabin is the turn signals! I am not sure if they are configurable, but I would have much preferred the standard ones than some jingle that was in the vehicle I was driving.
  • I am not sure again, if this vehicle has drive modes, and if it did how to change it. But the mode I was driving in, the steering was very very light. It makes the car feel smaller than it is and the city traffic can be handed with a breeze.
  • My daily ride is a Creta, but in the last couple of days I was switching between Creta, Amaze, Altis and 700. Amongst these, Amaze had the lightest steering followed by 700, Creta and the Altis.
  • The suspension is brilliantly tuned, there is some amount of body roll but it is not something that you cannot live with. The chassis and suspension combination is brilliant resulting in not noticing minor dips and such in the highway or flyover ramps. I like it! I think it is softer than the Creta, but still very practical for when you want to push.
  • The lights were great at night and the high beams are good enough in the city. Another aspect much better than the Creta.
  • The horn sounds very premium, more like an Audi and less like the sharpness of Creta.

Overall, it seems like a great car and Mahindra has really stepped up it's game from the times of Bolero and Scorpio. If the service centre are as competent as the car, I think this should be the most value for money car out in the market as of now. With respect to the wait times, I now understand why there is such a huge demand! It absolutely makes sense, and worth the wait.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st March 2022 at 05:58. Reason: Grammatical error
DVK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:47   #4564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Zeus completed the first service. First service cost is Rs 235/- They charged only for the consumables.

Checked with the Service guys about the Android / Apple car play. They said by end of February or 1st week of March the update is expected and its almost confirmed it seems. Any news on this from rest of India? Kindly share.

Posting a pic of Zeus
The car looks super cool after the paint work 👍

They charged me around 400 for the first service in MM Motors,Iyappanthaangal. The work was good. They’ve updated the AdrenoX software and they’ve also done the flashing. It didn’t take 2 days though. Hardly 5,6 hours. Left the vehicle at 10 am and the vehicle was ready by 3.30 pm.

When I checked with the service personnel,he said the Android Auto,Apple CarPlay would be available by the end of this month. When I asked him how the demo vehicles managed to get Android Auto but not the sold XUVs,he said there were plenty of glitches in the previous AdrenoX versions with Android Auto and CarPlay and hence they had to wait for the bugs to be removed.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 14:44   #4565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
The car looks super cool after the paint work 👍

They charged me around 400 for the first service in MM Motors,Iyappanthaangal.
What have they charged you for?

The first service is absolutely free. I got my first service done in Mumbai where they re-torqued all nuts, did a full inspection of the vehicle, updated the software, and flashed the silver box and I had nothing to pay for the entire service including washing and interior vacuuming.
Old 9th February 2022, 17:36   #4566

I have booked an xuv 700 ax7 L AWD diesel. After a long wait, I just did the PDI today! everything seemed ok and I am really excited to take delivery. The only thing is - I couldnt find the awd badging anywhere outside or inside the car. Is there an awd badge on the awd cars? Since the dealer didnt allow me to drive the car, I couldnt figure out how to tell the car is an awd car. Could some one please guide me how to tell the car is an awd or not?
umberjogh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 18:12   #4567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umberjogh View Post
Could some one please guide me how to tell the car is an awd or not?
Congratulations on your car delivery

The car doesn't have an AWD badge as confirmed by some of the BHPians who took the delivery.

As for the confirmation, all AWD XUVs have an AWD lock button beside the headlight leveler switch.

Also refer to this post. The car shows AWD torque distribution information even when the car is in Park mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Security_Guy View Post
An AWD owner shared this pic.
The MID displays the Torque Distribution.
Quite a thoughtful integration for this variant IMO!

Last edited by UltraViolence : 9th February 2022 at 18:19.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 18:23   #4568
BHPian

I am getting my XUV 700 AX5 delivered next week which has no 360 degree camera and no recording option. I want to buy dashcam recorder for both front and rear and have shortlisted few (around 7k). However, I read in this forum that in future Mahindra will provide option to install 360 degree camera to other variants. Now, I am in dilemma whether should I install now or wait little longer for Mahindra and look for that option. Not sure how expensive it would be or whether it will do the job of a dashcam recorder which can record even after vehicle is turned off. Any thoughts?
Old 9th February 2022, 18:24   #4569
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked an xuv 700 ax7 L AWD diesel
Congratulations!! AWD badge is not coming with the car, so outside it's not distinguishable. You can put aftermarket badge. AWD button is available right side of the steering panel. You can refer bhpian Raghunath Singh post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
I completed the PDI today for my XUV 7OO AX7L Diesel AT AWD. Everything looked in place and the dealer PPS
MobilisAdvento is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 18:45   #4570

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Congratulations on your car delivery

The car doesn't have an AWD badge as confirmed by some of the BHPians who took the delivery.

As for the confirmation, all AWD XUVs have an AWD lock button beside the headlight leveler switch.

Also refer to this post. The car shows AWD torque distribution information even when the car is in Park mode.
Thanks! I had completed my pdi before seeing this post so didnt get a chance to put the car in park mode and fiddle around. Kinda sucks that there is no awd badge.
umberjogh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 18:55   #4571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
I am getting my XUV 700 AX5 delivered next week which has no 360 degree camera and no recording option. I want to buy dashcam recorder for both front and rear and have shortlisted few (around 7k). However, I read in this forum that in future Mahindra will provide option to install 360 degree camera to other variants. Now, I am in dilemma whether should I install now or wait little longer for Mahindra and look for that option. Not sure how expensive it would be or whether it will do the job of a dashcam recorder which can record even after vehicle is turned off. Any thoughts?
Congratulations for the new car
I think the Mahindra option of 360° camera would be a much costlier affair as it'll possibly need replacement of orvms. Moreover we don't know for sure when and if it'll be available. A dashcam seems like a sensible choice under current condition
There's a separate thread for dashcam in team BHP
sudanmohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 19:00   #4572

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
AWD button is available right side of the steering panel. You can refer bhpian Raghunath Singh post
Saw this a bit late. Will lookout for it during delivery thanks!
Old 9th February 2022, 19:35   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked an xuv 700 ax7 L AWD diesel. Could some one please guide me how to tell the car is an awd or not?
Congrats.
Go and peep under the car. If you see a differential and drive shafts at the rear it definitely an AWD!
Btw please post what tyre size & brand the car is coming with.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 20:19   #4574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
What have they charged you for?

The first service is absolutely free. I got my first service done in Mumbai where they re-torqued all nuts, did a full inspection of the vehicle, updated the software, and flashed the silver box and I had nothing to pay for the entire service including washing and interior vacuuming.
I am enclosing the invoice
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-b1896a497c9e476bbc352cf13bb813a5.png  

Old 9th February 2022, 21:09   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I am enclosing the invoice
The First 1000km service is absolutely free and the service center must not charge you for labour.

From the invoice, it is evident that they have charged you for disposable covers and windshield washer fluid. This is a common con these service centers use to rip off the customers. In any case, they should have not charged you for the labour. Suggest, you must confront the service center for adding the labour charges to the invoice.

Since the vehicle is under warranty for 3 years, the customer is not supposed to pay for any labour charges for any repair which occurs due to any technical fault. If you have purchased the extended warranty, this condition would extend to the extended warranty period as well.

If you do not get a satisfactory response and refund of the amount charged towards labour, please write to Mahindra customer care and they will help you with this.

Last edited by bill1182 : 9th February 2022 at 21:14.
bill1182 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks