Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:31   #4861
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
+1
Even I feel the same.it should be influencing the safety rating (just a layman's logic, no Google to prove it, apologies if I'm wrong)

And that makes me ask a question.
Has anyone so far tried to change the middle row mechanism to sliding from fixed?. Before I became the target of respected members and they tag me as a safety compromise villian, let me clearify that this question is just out of curiosity. I'm not at all considering to do this in my XUV
So has anyone changed the middle row layout to sliding. Even if one side of the middle row can be converted to sliding one, it'll mean variable knee room in both rows to certain extent
I would definitely try to explore if the 2nd row can be converted to a sliding one provided it doesn't compromise on safety . Awaiting the delivery of the vehicle first otherwise all this feels like building sand castles
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:02   #4862
BHPian

In fuel info section, I am unable to see 'Range'. Is anybody else facing the same problem? Mine is Diseal AT AX5. The problem from day 1

Tried resetting and flashing as well. But still it's not working.

Came for the first service since morning and they were not able to resolve the issue and had asked me to come back tomorrow. My whole day was wasted and my sure tomorrow will be as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220301_084830.jpg  

Last edited by Piyush_DT : 2nd March 2022 at 16:03. Reason: Add more info
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:20   #4863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Thank You!
Please do let me know.
Selecting the navigation option on the instrument cluster shows the next turn details with an arrow.

It does not show the map view in the Instrument cluster, the way it does in case of the in-built navigation.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:59   #4864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
I got the Android Auto update done. But only after reaching home i realised that the reverse cam has stopped working after the updation. Mine is an AX5 and got the cam fitted by MAHINDRA dealer themselves during the delivery ��
Hi,

Any update on this? Hope it got sorted out.

I also have a AX5 with rev camera, and am apprehensive of the update now, if it stops the reverse camera. If not, I'll probably wait a few more weeks till this and other bugs are sorted.
Old 2nd March 2022, 20:02   #4865
BHPian

The latest Android Auto update is rife with bugs. As you can imagine the software update for each variant is different (AX7 is different from ax7l etc) and my update on my AX7 was crippling. (More on my ownership thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5269591 (Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review).

I wouldn’t recommend anyone getting this update right now, at least not on AX7 Petrol Manual.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 2nd March 2022 at 20:09.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 20:29   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Hi,

Any update on this? Hope it got sorted out.

I also have a AX5 with rev camera, and am apprehensive of the update now, if it stops the reverse camera. If not, I'll probably wait a few more weeks till this and other bugs are sorted.
Yes sir. I got it sorted out. It was done within 5 mins after reaching the Center. Another vehicle which was updated along with mine got no such issues. May be it’s just an one off case. Feel free to get the update done.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 21:02   #4867

My Maiden post as a bhpian!!

Got delivery of My car 20 days back and have got done with the first service as well. Mine is Diesel AX7 L AWD AT. Color Red Rage

It’s only been 1200 kms so I would like to call it as initial impressions of the car and not really an ownership review.

My search for a new car started way back in December 2020. I had a Toyota corolla and Honda Jazz both were manual transmission and were showing age slowly. Dad and Mom with their age getting in and out of Corrolla and Jazz was becoming difficult by every passing day. Automatic transmission was a must! Diesel was the preferred fuel option considering my monthly usage plus long drives at shortest opportunity! Considered and booked Seltos, Creta diesel automatic but was never happy with the overall engine transmission experience. May be my hunger for more power was the issue. Other vehicles considered were, Harrier Safari and Compass. Came very close to buying the compass but Dad found it cramped. Compass still remains my first choice though!
Showroom experience: I bought the car from the showroom Bhurawala Motors at my native place in Gujrat. Except for their staff not knowing all the features the experience was satisfactory in terms of updating me on the car etc. overall satisfied with the overall experience. Unlike showrooms of Mumbai like NBS who may not know the feature or may not have the correct answer still they bluff and give any stupid reply to questions asked.

The Good:
• Fantastic Engine, be it city or highway. Torque is addictive!! Great mile muncher as you are under 2000 rpm at cruising speeds of 100 to 120 kmph.
• Good road manners
• Suspension is sorted and flattens the road very well without making much noise. FSD’s and independent multi-link, way better and sophisticated then safari or other competition.
• Interior looks and feels from at least 2 segments above its class
• Comfortable seats, long drives won’t be an issue for anyone (5 people on board)
• ADAS, ACC LKA are just addictive if you are on a designated express highway like Mumbai Pune or Baroda Ahmedabad. Just sit back and relax!
• Safety is 5 stars without ADAS and 7 Airbags.
• Good to have apps like Zomato and others, adds to the overall user experience

The Bad:

• Almost no boot space
• No head room for last row passengers
• Sunroof should have 3 separate buttons for 3 different functions
• No dedicated volume controller for passengers, no remote control as well. (The rotary knob can either be volume controller or menu shuffler, and is essentially for driver)
• Tyres should be A/T for AWD variants at least. You expect one to pay 2 lacs extra for AWD but have the same set of H/T tyres as regular model, unacceptable.

The Ugly:

• The Door handles is something I hate. One must dig into their pockets and get the keys out to unlock the car, the whole point of keyless entry gets defeated.
• No sliding middle row seats! And then you call it a seven-seater. No, it’s not a seven-seater by any means of imagination. It’s a 5-seater + two kids for short in city drives. For longer drives with luggage it’s a pure 5 seater at best!

My previous two cars were corolla and jazz, both have given me fuss free experience. Its not true for Mahindra though in the shortest of ownership experience I have had. Mahindra has delivered a fantastic fundamentally sorted vehicle. Engine, transmission, suspension, steering is simply fantastic, but to sell more they have included too much of tech which in my opinion, is beyond their expertise and forte to handle. Software glitches are almost a given in every vehicle delivered till date.

I am little old school who gives engine transmission suspension safety etc. more weightage. So overall I am satisfied with my purchase and looking forward to lots of happy mile munching ahead!
appupandya is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 22:47   #4868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post

Got delivery of My car 20 days back and have got done with the first service as well. Mine is Diesel AX7 L AWD AT. Color Red Rage
• The Door handles is something I hate. One must dig into their pockets and get the keys out to unlock the car, the whole point of keyless entry gets defeated.
Congratulations on your new ride! But why do you have to dig into your pockets for the keys to unlock the car. With keys in your pocket you can unlock (option of driver door or all doors) simply by pushing the driver door handle inward till you feel a click! The handle(s) will pop out. That’s it. And to lock doors just push the driver side door handle till you feel a click. Just confirming its an AX7L AT?

Cheers!

Edit: You can set the intellicontrol knob to control both volume and menu shuffler. Set the rotary to volume and use the knob like a joystick to toggle through the menu.

Last edited by Vashanis : 2nd March 2022 at 22:50. Reason: Additional info.
Vashanis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 23:50   #4869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! But why do you have to dig into your pockets for the keys to unlock the car. With keys in your pocket you can unlock (option of driver door or all doors) simply by pushing the driver door handle inward till you feel a click! The handle(s) will pop out. That’s it. And to lock doors just push the driver side door handle till you feel a click. Just confirming its an AX7L AT?

Cheers!

Edit: You can set the intellicontrol knob to control both volume and menu shuffler. Set the rotary to volume and use the knob like a joystick to toggle through the menu.

Thank you. I stand corrected here. And one point of bad and ugly goes out. I like the car even more now!.... But still not really a fan of such door handles to be honest!
appupandya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 00:07   #4870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post

Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving.

I see that you bought the vehicle from different state than where you are residing. Was the registration done in Mumbai or you registered in Gujarat (not sure how strict the cops are when they see outside state license plate)?

Since the weight of car would be on higher side due to AWD, is there any noticeable lag when accelerating in city/bumper to bumper traffic?
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 01:51   #4871

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving.

I see that you bought the vehicle from different state than where you are residing. Was the registration done in Mumbai or you registered in Gujarat (not sure how strict the cops are when they see outside state license plate)?

Since the weight of car would be on higher side due to AWD, is there any noticeable lag when accelerating in city/bumper to bumper traffic?
I have my residence as well as work place in both the states. Cops are not very strict here.... Even if they were I have enough evidence to show.

In city traffic there is not much of lag as engine has more than enough grunt low end. What helps is, Mahindra never tunes its cars for fuel efficiency. Its more about having power on tap. Light steering helps to mask the size of the car for city use. The car is wider than Innova crysta, MG hector and Tata Safari.
appupandya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 08:30   #4872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
I wouldn’t recommend anyone getting this update right now, at least not on AX7 Petrol Manual.
I too have an AX7 Manual petrol, and got the Android Auto update 2 days ago when I sent it in for the 1k service. I drove the Blue Thunder for around 30+ kms (city traffic) yesterday, but havent faced this issue that you experienced. Lets hope this gets rectified soon either by a roll-forward to a new version or a roll-back to the older version without such life threatening bugs
avijayr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 12:31   #4873

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Thanks so much, will do both. Hoping to get a proper response and a faster delivery this way
Hello @rambharat, please provide the contact details with me as well as I need to do the same. I have booking with the same dealer!
Old 3rd March 2022, 13:37   #4874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzasch View Post
Hello @rambharat, please provide the contact details with me as well as I need to do the same. I have booking with the same dealer!
Sure Bro. Awaiting the details from Sommos. In the meantime you can tweet the below ppl.

Anand Mahindra, velu_mahindra, rajesh664 and anishshah21

By the way, when is your delivery date ?
Old 3rd March 2022, 14:15   #4875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Selecting the navigation option on the instrument cluster shows the next turn details with an arrow.

It does not show the map view in the Instrument cluster, the way it does in case of the in-built navigation.
Oh, thank you. Hopefully Mahindra adds it in a software update!
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks