Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2022, 15:12   #4876
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avijayr View Post
I too have an AX7 Manual petrol, and got the Android Auto update 2 days ago when I sent it in for the 1k service. I drove the Blue Thunder for around 30+ kms (city traffic) yesterday, but havent faced this issue that you experienced. Lets hope this gets rectified soon either by a roll-forward to a new version or a roll-back to the older version without such life threatening bugs
avijayr, could you please share your views on performance and fuel economy of the Petrol Manual XUV700. Mudhalaipatti, has shared his. Thought more info shared by actual owners will be helpful for prospective buyers like me to finalise between diesel and petrol.

MOD NOTE : - Please do not put space before a punctuation mark. Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd March 2022 at 15:45. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 3rd March 2022, 15:40   #4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
avijayr ,could you please share your views on performance and fuel economy of the Petrol Manual XUV700. Mudhalaipatti, has shared his. Thought more info shared by actual owners will be helpful for prospective buyers like me to finalise between diesel and petrol.
hi @veelubai, I had originally thought of posting my buying and post-buying experience. But, became hesitant with the excellent write-ups provided by @Mudhalaipatti and some of the others.

I can try to jot down specific points though:
Remember that I am coming from a 2014 W8 Diesel which was 155 BHP to a 200 BHP AX7 Manual Petrol.

Great:
1) Road presence
2) Torque (its amazing)
3) Ride quality (vibrations) - again, beats the diesel hands down
4) motorized driver seat adjustment with memory

Good
1) Tech features (though this is a mixed bag due to the number of glitches)
2) I am 50-50 on the door handles
3) Braking bite is good/sudden - needed to get used to it a bit

Bad
1) middle row reclining has been removed
2) middle row headrest notches went from 4 to 2
3) no vanity mirror light
4) no trunk light
5) only 1 cup holder in the front
6) lost 2 storage compartments on the front dashboard compared to the 2014 W8
7) lost the interior ambient light (current one isn't useful at all!)

City FE: 8-9 kmpl
Highway FE: 12.5-13 kmpl (driving very conscientiously at 80-90 kmph)

In the buying experience - I would follow @Mudhalaipatti's thread - its awesome! I used that to make the dealership match my insurance quote (took it down from Rs 1.27 lakhs to Rs 67k for the 3 year combo plan that the RTO demands for new vehicles). I also did some searching and ensured that they did not charge me any "incidental charges" nor the "mandatory" accessories.

One mistake that I did was - I paid the full OTR price (even before the PDI) and then negotiated on the insurance, etc. This resulted in them having to give me a refund of Rs 70k approx - which I had to escalate to the dealership's GM - and only received it yesterday in fact - approximately 22 days AFTER taking delivery of the vehicle. For new buyers, I would advice that you please insist on PDI, negotiate on insurance and other incidentals/accessories, and only then pay the final amount.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd March 2022 at 15:45. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
avijayr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 16:09   #4878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Sure Bro. Awaiting the details from Sommos. In the meantime you can tweet the below ppl.

Anand Mahindra, velu_mahindra, rajesh664 and anishshah21

By the way, when is your delivery date ?
I am very sorry, this completely slipped out of mind. Waiting at the airport I just saw your post.
Syed.abdulhanif@mahindra.com - he is head - customer experience.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 17:20   #4879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I am very sorry, this completely slipped out of mind. Waiting at the airport I just saw your post.
Syed.abdulhanif@mahindra.com - he is head - customer experience.
No issues bro, thanks for responding even from airport. Appreciate it
Old 3rd March 2022, 18:07   #4880
BHPian

Very bad experience on the first service at Provincial automobile Nagpur. Yesterday whole day it took to do the service because of flashing issue and delays. Mahindra brags that it will only take 90 minutes to do first service which is a joke atleast in my case. Today went again to update the software for Android auto and half day went off. After installing the software, reverse camera was not working which I identified and told them to rectify. Thanks to Bhpian to post here.

I thought to check whether Android auto was working or not and it wasn't. Tried all method and different mobiles but was unable to connect via bluetooth. I came home thinking it could be my phone which has problem. I was able to connect via only USB. When checked got the label which says 'Pre-production hardware. Not for resale.' Did anybody face the same issue? As I am travelling tomorrow to Ahmedabad, I need to go again to service station to update the software.

No proper QC or check whether it is working or not. Just install software and give the vehicle. Mahindra has lot to work on. Making a product is only 50% another 50% is customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220303_162340.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220303_162351.jpg  

Piyush_DT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 18:59   #4881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_DT View Post
Very bad experience on the first service at Provincial automobile Nagpur.
When was your vehicle delivered? And what is the mfg month and year on it? I think either there are some specific instructions to be executed on your variant to ensure this doesn't appear or the CoTek messed up again by picking the version that was supposed to be running on demo cars!

I had this software update done yesterday and things are absolutely fine, read this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5269707
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 19:47   #4882
BHPian

Quote:
'Pre-production hardware. Not for resale.' Did anybody face the same issue?
I think it is a case where they flashed incorrect image; a beta/testing one. The message is very suspicious though and hopefully doesn't mean exactly what it reads.
impala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 19:47   #4883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
When was your vehicle delivered? And what is the mfg month and year on it? I think either there are some specific instructions to be executed on your variant to ensure this doesn't appear or the CoTek messed up again by picking the version that was supposed to be running on demo cars!

I had this software update done yesterday and things are absolutely fine, read this - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5269707
Its Jan 2022 make AX5 Model. I am certain that incorrect version was updated else there are many who didn't had any issue. This is what problem I have with Mahindra. No proper training to do stuff specially in Tier 2 and 3 cities. They lack knowledge and do not care. I was told that query was sent to technical team. I am worried as I am travelling tomorrow and this incorrect version should not be risky or mess the performance.
Piyush_DT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 20:17   #4884
DVK
BHPian

Quote:
specially in Tier 2 and 3 cities. They lack knowledge and do not care.
This has been one of the pain points of Mahindra. I was hesitant to even take a test drive in Nagpur and suggest people to buy the 700 there. They may well be able to handle the regular crop of Boleros and Scorpios, but this is an issue for sure.
Apart from the software niggles, how was the customer interaction during and pre-delivery?
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:01   #4885
BHPian

With not so exciting launch of Tiguan and no clarity on upcoming Tucson, I finally decided to go for test drive of XUV700. If I go for one, I would opt for top end AX7L AWD. I understand the current waiting time is atrocious for top end spec (~80 weeks) but wanted to get a sense of how car is. So I put request on Mahindra website on public holiday and within 5 mins I get call from Mahindra customer care. They were extremely courteous and post few questions, assigned dealer. I wasn't expecting any call that day since Mahindra showroom was shut due to the holiday but to my surprise the SA was assigned (updated via SMS), and get a call within another 10 minutes. This is probably one of best response I have seen lately post submitting request on website (for comparison, VW never even cared to call back when I showed interest in Tiguan).

We finalised on the day and time and car and SA were waiting with vehicle for TD (I opted to visit showroom). The car had already covered ~8K kms. Right from entering the car, it felt really luxurious and plush (not typical Mahindra I'm used to). The SA explained features and we started with TD. This was Diesel Auto AX7L 2WD. The ride was nice. I took car through some bad patches and narrow lanes and it never felt difficult to manoeuvre. My wife was seated on 2nd row and she was extremely comfortable and loved the ride. The steering is so light and coming from Honda City, I loved the commanding view and seating position. The car absorbed the bad patches pretty well. I mostly drove in Zap mode and did not feel any lag when accelerating from complete stop. When pushing hard, you do get a bit of noise but there is ample of power at disposal. Zoom mode made the car much more sportier. Engine was smooth and NVH levels were pretty well contained inside cabin. Overall I loved the test drive and entire experience. Booking amount is ~22K and is refundable.

Few things which they should have given:
- Front sensors (I did not have ADAS enabled and I doubt I would keep it enabled during city traffic driving). I'm used to beep to alert me.
- Auto dimming iRVM (TD was late evening)
- Sliding 2nd row to increase leg space even further

Last edited by neel911 : 3rd March 2022 at 21:03.
neel911 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:34   #4886
BHPian

Somehow for past few weeks I do not see weekly insights from @ram87pune on new updates for XUV700. Hope we get to hear from him soon as most of them has been correct so far.
autoweirdo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:25   #4887
BHPian

To the veterans out here,

Got a surprise from Mahindra Dealership today that a vehicle has been allotted against my booking. The estimated delivery date would be around March-15th.

Booking Date: 10-OCT-2021
Variant: AX7 L Diesel AT (Silver)
Original Estimated Date: June-18 to July-18, 2022
New Estimated Date: March-15th
Dealer: SKS Automobiles, Salem TN

Online status still shows June-18 to July-18 timeline. Earlier Mahindra surprised me with Oct-7th price protection since the car was in the cart for few days and I ran in to issue while trying to book on 7th due to the infamous website crash fiasco.

This is my first Mahindra Car/SUV, the closest I got to Mahindra automobiles was with the 3 different Mahindra tractors my father had since the 1970s. In that sense, this is a multi-layer upgrade for me :-)

Let me know what things to check for as this is making me feel dreadful thinking about the whole experience on

pricing
add-ons
insurance
glitches
niggles
and other things.

Would like to see if anyone in Salem, TN area already having the vehicle to make friends and socialize.

Last edited by motorhead123 : 3rd March 2022 at 22:37. Reason: grammar
motorhead123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:17   #4888

Quote:
Originally Posted by appupandya View Post
My Maiden post as a bhpian!!

The Ugly:

• The Door handles is something I hate. One must dig into their pockets and get the keys out to unlock the car, the whole point of keyless entry gets defeated.

So overall I am satisfied with my purchase and looking forward to lots of happy mile munching ahead!

Hey, those with the luxury pack do have the request entry. Just push the door handle a little and the rest will pop out. It kinda acts like a request sensor. In typical ones you push the button, but in the xuv, you push the door handle a little.
ProBro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 23:22   #4889
BHPian

Quote:
specially in Tier 2 and 3 cities. They lack knowledge and do not care.
It's 2022, why is Mahindra making customers visit service centers for software updates. All software updates for all components ICE, ECU, etc should be easily upgradable via OTA. Hasn't the Bosch India team that designed the system learned nothing from the likes of Tesla.

Everybody knows Mahindra makes mechanically solid cars, there are almost nil complaints related to mechanics and tons related to software. This is what happens when you don't have a tightly integrated in-house software team working hand in hand with the hardware team. And now Mahindra is foraying into electric where software is the key, they should consider building a dedicated in-house software team solely for their car business.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 3rd March 2022 at 23:24.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 00:33   #4890

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Sure Bro. Awaiting the details from Sommos. In the meantime you can tweet the below ppl.

Anand Mahindra, velu_mahindra, rajesh664 and anishshah21

By the way, when is your delivery date ?
Thanks. It was supposed to be this week (after a lot of discussions!) but no update yet. I am not sure what is happening!

What is your current status? Any progress yet? Let me know if the twitter and email escalations work!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks