Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 12:22   #4936
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Question for fellow XUV700 owners - Has anyone been able to figure out how to turn off the co-passenger seatbelt alerts? I was able to find the option to turn off the airbag, but not seatbelt reminders. I know it is essential for safety, but in case we need to utilize the seat for keeping luggage or something, it might be needed to be turned off.
Old 8th March 2022, 12:42   #4937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Question for fellow XUV700 owners - Has anyone been able to figure out how to turn off the co-passenger seatbelt alerts? I was able to find the option to turn off the airbag, but not seatbelt reminders. I know it is essential for safety, but in case we need to utilize the seat for keeping luggage or something, it might be needed to be turned off.
Hey nasir88

Mahindra by itself does not allow one to disable the Passenger Seat Belt Reminder. It uses something called Passenger Occupant Detection System which automatically activates the notification chime upon the detection of a certain weight.

However, while I do not recommend this, you can try one of those after - market solutions if this bothers you too much. I am enclosing a link to one of such products from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/FreshDcart-Uni...dp/B09FZ4RYBB/
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:17   #4938

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
Hey nasir88

Mahindra by itself does not allow one to disable the Passenger Seat Belt Reminder. It uses something called Passenger Occupant Detection System which automatically activates the notification chime upon the detection of a certain weight.

However, while I do not recommend this, you can try one of those after - market solutions if this bothers you too much. I am enclosing a link to one of such products from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/FreshDcart-Uni...dp/B09FZ4RYBB/
Hi, The co-passenger seat belt alert annoys a bit but it automatically goes off around 5 to 10 min of drive ..tested it on my XUV700 AX7L AWD variant. If you can't adjust for that much time then you can go for the above product.
If you can't
Shrapann is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:16   #4939

Need advise from fellow members. I have a 7th Oct XUV AX7 L AT booking with COD as June 2022. I'm looking to take advantage of the vehicle scrapping policy for my 2001 Daewoo Matiz and had a few questions:
1. Any suggestions on a good private scrapping company in Bangalore?
2. The policy says zero registration fees for purchase of new vehicle. Is this applicable towards purchase of the XUV 700?
3. Is Karnataka state able to offer concessions on the motor vehicle tax. Policy says up to 25%
4. Is Mahindra able to offer the 5% discount on the vehicle as suggested in the policy if the certificate of deposit is shown?

Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 16:27   #4940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapann View Post
Hi, The co-passenger seat belt alert annoys a bit but it
Thanks. Yes, it annoys the hell out of me, specially how the sound starts off slow and escalates rapidly
Old 8th March 2022, 18:39   #4941

Greetings All! I was contacted today by my sales advisor who informed me something strange. He mentioned that for an indefinite time, all new xuv700s that are booked, will not receive the rear sequential indicators.
Apparently, both sequential indictors as well as the other rear light assembly require a separate chip and they are temporarily doing away with this to tackle chip shortage. The indicators will be made available at a later stage and can be fitted for you FOC. No change in the rest of the rear lights though. They remain same.

Does that make any sense? Has anyone else been informed something similar from their sales reps?
Hope I'm not posting a question that was already sorted here earlier.

For reference, I booked my XUV700 AX5 Diesel Automatic from Zuleikha Motors in Chennai last week
Carmageddon1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 19:50   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon1984 View Post
Greetings All! I was contacted today by my sales advisor who informed me something strange. He mentioned that for an indefinite time, all new xuv700s that are booked, will not receive the rear sequential indicators.
Apparently, both sequential indictors as well as the other rear light assembly require a separate chip and they are temporarily doing away with this to tackle chip shortage. The indicators will be made available at a later stage and can be fitted for you FOC. No change in the rest of the rear lights though. They remain same.

Does that make any sense? Has anyone else been informed something similar from their sales reps?

For reference, I booked my XUV700 AX5 Diesel Automatic from Zuleikha Motors in Chennai last week
In addition to this, I have also heard about customers being asked sign a declaration for this.

Now the big one, I heard from a few sources that, customers are also being asked to accept their car with just one key !!!
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:34   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, it annoys the hell out of me, specially how the sound starts off slow and escalates rapidly
The sound is annoying but it will stop after a minute.

If the passenger moves his or her position from the seat the sound will start again.

So it’s better to buckle up and be safe.

The seat belt cheat options available in online stores will not work as there seems to be a sensor equipped in the seat to track the movement and alert with beeps.
Old 8th March 2022, 21:38   #4944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
In addition to this, I have also heard about customers being asked sign a declaration for this.

Now the big one, I heard from a few sources that, customers are also being asked to accept their car with just one key !!!
Those two things are big bummers. What next, retrofitting couple of airbags/LED lights/speakers?
Old 8th March 2022, 23:38   #4945
BHPian

Quote:

This is a fact. I see a lot too many new cars parked in the stockyard without the rear tail lamp. Had mentioned it earlier in the thread too.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 03:02   #4946
BHPian

Quote:
This is a bummer. Wondering if this is applicable for the ones who have booked in Oct'21 or only booking done recently. By the time we get the car delivered, what else is going to go off is the question.
Old 9th March 2022, 09:05   #4947
BHPian

There are more surprises in store for future deliveries. It does not end with sequential indicator. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, the units are kept ready "half baked" (without the front bumper). No wonder what is that for but raises the question on how the final PDI in plant happens without a fully built unit. I mean how do they check for simple things like panel gaps or paint match on retrofitted parts.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 14:01   #4948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I am looking for a seven seater and XUV700 is high up in the list. Answers to these two questions will help my decision making. Requesting other members to pitch in:
1. What are the real world city and highway fuel efficiency numbers of the petrol AT?
2. My usage is less. My current Honda city is almost 11 years old and just touched 80K. Is it OK to go for diesel if the petrol fuel efficiency is very poor? Daily usage will be 4-5 kms in city. It will see 3-4 highway trips a year. Will I be hit by the DPF issues. Will it be more expensive to maintain.

We have a petrol AT AX7 and gives us anywhere from 7.5 - 9.5 in the city (generally remains between 8 and 9 but entirely depends on the traffic condition) and highway mileage was roughly 12.5.

Considering such a low usage, in your situation I would not choose diesel. The exorbitant running cost of the petrol AT might seem scary but with such low usage it wouldn’t make too much of a dent to the price gap in the petrol and the diesel. Also I’m in Noida and we have the 10 year diesel rule and we like to keep our cars for longer. Living in BLR, you might not have this problem right now but I wouldn’t be too surprised if other states start introducing stuff like the 10 year rule on diesels to promote EV penetration.
So I would recommend the petrol
Maverick3094 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 15:16   #4949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post

Yes this confirmed. I am expecting delivery of my AX7L D AT AWD between 15-30th in Pune. My SM called me and said that sequential turn indicators at rear will not be available initially and the second key will be a non remote key. Both the deficiencies will be addressed "soon" by Mahindra with no additional charges. Though this is a strange feeling, I am sure Mahindra would keep its word. In my 6 yrs ownership of XUV 500 D AWD AT, they never disowned any issue / niggle I reported.
heman_369 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 15:51   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
. In my 6 yrs ownership of XUV 500 D AWD AT, they never disowned any issue / niggle I reported.
I have the same experience with Mahindra with the XUV500 W8 (2012-2017) and XUV500 W10 AT (2017-present), in fact I did not face any niggle and the maintenance cost has been negligible. I am now waiting for my XUV 700.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks