Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2022, 17:20   #5041
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Guys,

However, while rusting of bolts and screws is common, this week I noticed that rusting has started to come extensively on the rear mahindra logo and "700" emblem.
Please check the type of water or solution that you are using for cleaning the vehicle, that could be a reason.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 18:43   #5042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Please check the type of water or solution that you are using for cleaning the vehicle, that could be a reason.
Hi,

Only plain water is being used. Although the water is on the harder side, have not experienced such corrosion even after several years on my other/previous cars (Creta and Honda City) using the same water/cleaning regimen. Interestingly, the only shampoo wash which was done for the car was at Mahindra service.

Only thing I suspect could be a lot of rain which happened in Delhi in Jan/Feb, which could have contributed.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 19:09   #5043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Guys,

After I noticed rusting in a few screws last week, I have started observing the car more closely so that all issues can be escalated to Mahindra service in my next visit.

However, while rusting of bolts and screws is common, this week I noticed that rusting has started to come extensively on the rear mahindra logo and "700" emblem.

Am sharing pics here as I found it quite strange to see rusting occurring on such parts (I was assuming these were plastic and not metal). Wanted to get inputs from all if this is indeed rust or some other type of degradation!?The car is being washed with plain water, and have not noticed this issue on any of my other/previous cars.

Of course, regardless of what it is, it's disappointing to see this happening on a 3 month old car. Hope Mahindra is able to provide a prompt resolution.
I’m not 100%, but chances are this is not rusting of the part itself but ferrous contamination deposits sitting on top of the electroplated chrome emblems that have rusted. As detailers we see dozens of new cars with such deposits as cars are often transported by rail and rail brake dust settles on the vehicle body and paint, glass and chrome parts are affected.

To remove simply use a high quality ferrous remover like Carpro IronX or take it to your local detail shop, it’s a 10 minute job. Avoid using abrasives (like chrome polishes or compounds) as the chrome film is quite thin and it may wear off exposing the plastic underneath.

Here’s a before and after shot of a brand new Civic with the same rust deposits around all the emblems-
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-b4e685056acc442fb1f99068a09ebb4f.jpeg  

AJ56 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 21:27   #5044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
Congrats on your new car!

Can you please explain how are you planning to get fasttag of your choice??
My dealer says that the fasttag is mandatory for RTO registration and get the RC card.
And to buy the fasttag on our own, RC Card is a must. So, its not possible to buy fasttag before registration.
Only option is to go with dealer provided fasttag.
Since I had applied for fancy number myself about a week prior to registration, I could use that to get a fast tag of my choice. But because I had not received it yet (took a week), I let the dealer also get the fast tag, but told them not to affix it to the windshield. Yes it did cost me 500 bucks which went down the drain, but much happier with tag of my own choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Can someone help me with exact road tax calculation in Pune, Maharashtra?
When I googled it says applicable road tax is 13%.
I believe other Tbhpians have confirmed that the road tax is calculated on the current published ex-showroom price of the vehicle, irrespective of the price protection. Again this is what I believe I read in earlier posts.

Quote:
Insurance amount quoted is 91983 for standard 1+3,zero dep, engine cover, consumables which I find way pricey. Policy bazaar quotes are in the range of 50-70k
That’s correct. I got from Tata AIG including RTI for 73 and some change. But I suggest you should go with a provider who has cashless tie up with Mahindra/dealer. And the usual suspects do have such tie ups. So you should be good with any of those and don’t let the dealer pressure you into their own insurer.

Quote:
He is also pressing me to make full payment stating Mahindra policy.

Thank you TBHP, I am informed on many things beforehand!
Yes even for me the dealer said that payment of full ex-showroom value is required before registration. Just to ensure you cannot back out from the purchase. Hence PDI prior to registration is advisable.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 10:58   #5045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
It tells the story of culture of a company. If the logo doesn’t last a few months, it’s best not to check what quality of steel must have gone in making the vehicle.
One should not judge a book by it's cover but for majority of non tech crowd, cover of the book it important.

Rusting logo is very much damaging to the image of the company.
Old 19th March 2022, 12:13   #5046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
It tells the story of culture of a company. If the logo doesn’t last a few months, it’s best not to check what quality of steel must have gone in making the vehicle. Oh and don’t forget they made the back of plastic. Extreme level cheapskating if I want to compare any cars in Europe or USA.
I hope they replace the logo swiftly.

Also hope there is no damage to the body as a result of this.
QC issues can happen, how they're addressed is how the company should be judged. Let's see.

Off the top of my mind, the Mustang GT and Range Rover too have a Thermoplastic polymer tailgate. Recommend you reconsider your research of European cars.
GrammarNazi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 12:40   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Even I wished there was a command just for the curtain, but unfortunately nothing! I have now mastered the art of using the switch! Earlier I would invariably land up pushing the switch such that the window pane also opened up!

Cheers!
How to do that Sir ?
Old 19th March 2022, 13:53   #5048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
After the first service of my XUV 700 A7 D AT, I have noticed that the outside temperature does not update for a long time. It updates the outside temperature only once the car has run around 8 to 10 km continuously at a speed above 40 km.
Has anyone seen similar behaviour with their XUV 700? Should the temperature not get updated within a minute of starting the car?
Even my car takes few minutes to update the outside temperature.Dont know if its an issue or thats the way is.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Thanks!

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th March 2022 at 17:16. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 19th March 2022, 15:03   #5049
BHPian

Auto IRVM
Has anyone installed aftermarket auto IRVM in the XUV700, if yes please share details. Thanks
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 19:58   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
How to do that Sir ?
Sir, I am assuming that when you try to open the curtain even the window opens up, right? You’re not the only one but most of us have struggled with it because the switch is very sensitive. Even some of the showroom staff were not aware of how to open only the curtain. The switch has two positions (two clicks) when you pull it back. You have to be gentle in pulling back the switch ans stop when you feel the first click itself. Very difficult to sort of explain. Hopefully this helps. Below is the screenshot from the owners manual, which has more options like express open. But haven’t tried it yet!

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-143e1b36c59d4880a7503435cd9c95b1.jpeg  

Old 20th March 2022, 09:17   #5051

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Took the car for a short highway run today & got a mileage of 13.9 on MID, which I think is amazing for a vehicle of this size & 200 bhp power.
Would you mind sharing if yours is a petrol or a diesel. Because you say 200 horses implying a petrol model but then a mileage of 13.9 seems godly as we managed to stretch it to a max of 12.9 . So I'm just trying to see if all is right with our baby. I tried to find through previous posts but couldn't locate it.

Last edited by SDP : 20th March 2022 at 12:28. Reason: Fixed the quote
Old 20th March 2022, 09:26   #5052
BHPian

Planning a Laddakh trip with family in XUV 700 this year end of May. Since this is the first time, I will be driving in this area of the country, and that too in a new car, not sure what surprises I would be facing.

Has anyone driven the car in hills and on roads / no roads with snow and slush? How does the Diesel AT 2x4 perform on such roads?

Any Bhpians planning to take a similar journey during same time of the year?

Mods: Please move this post to an appropriate thread if it does not justify the subject of this thread.
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 11:45   #5053
BHPian

A small DIY I did today in my XUV 700 after the Sunday car care work.

The number plates riveted in the boot was making a clanking noise every time I closed the boot. This is due to the metal edges of the number plates touching the body. Masked all 4 edges with the double side sticker and Voila the clank is gone.

The thud is now far satisfying

Did the same with the front number plates also. This is to avoid the bending of the plates.

Thought it would help for fellow bhpians who may be facing this issue, hence sharing this.

Last edited by zeus_700 : 20th March 2022 at 11:46.
zeus_700 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 13:45   #5054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
A small DIY I did today in my XUV 700 after the Sunday car care work.

The number plates riveted in the boot was making a clanking noise every time I closed the boot. This is due to the metal edges of the number plates touching the body. Masked all 4 edges with the double side sticker and Voila the clank is gone.

The thud is now far satisfying

Did the same with the front number plates also. This is to avoid the bending of the plates.

Thought it would help for fellow bhpians who may be facing this issue, hence sharing this.
This is brilliant; did you peel off the protecting film from the other side of the double sided tape and let the tape stick to the car body?
Old 20th March 2022, 14:00   #5055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
This is brilliant; did you peel off the protecting film from the other side of the double sided tape and let the tape stick to the car body?
Removed both sides stickers. One side stuck to body other side stuck to back of the number plate. Anyway we are not going to fiddle with it. Stick it and forget it. So satisfying the thud is, tried closing it a few times and enjoyed the thud sound.
zeus_700 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks