Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2022, 17:24   #5056
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Planning a Laddakh trip with family in XUV 700 this year end of May. Since this is the first time, I will be driving in this area of the country, and that too in a new car, not sure what surprises I would be facing.

Has anyone driven the car in hills and on roads / no roads with snow and slush? How does the Diesel AT 2x4 perform on such roads?

Any Bhpians planning to take a similar journey during same time of the year?

Mods: Please move this post to an appropriate thread if it does not justify the subject of this thread.
I have lived there for a few years..
Take some tyre chains along, dont drive in snow if you are not confident, most of the roads are in poor condition and have mountain on one side and gorge or valley on the other, if there's not enough traction for the tyres the vehicle slowly moves to either side which is very tricky, once we had to ram our vehicle on the mountain side just to avoid ending up in the gorge. If the weather turns bad i.e cold, the diesel might freeze and vehicle won't start.
, if you are stuck in snow you might have to deflate the tyres partially.
It is more about practice and confidence of driving in snow, I have made multiple trips across khardungla and changla in an Alto of one of the local colleagues while I have seen people struggling with Creta etc.
Weather there is quite unpredictable, it might be sunny in leh and snowing in the passes. There might be some days until mid June when the weather can surprise you.
If you take all precautions it will surely be one memorable trip.
The zo jila pass between srinagar and kargil has already opened yesterday.
All the best
Dark water is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 18:36   #5057
BHPian

Quote:
Planning a Laddakh trip with family in XUV 700 this year end of May. Since this is the first time, I will be driving in this area of the country, and that too in a new car, not sure what surprises I would be facing.

Has anyone driven the car in hills and on roads / no roads with snow and slush? How does the Diesel AT 2x4 perform on such roads?

Any Bhpians planning to take a similar journey during same time of the year?

Mods: Please move this post to an appropriate thread if it does not justify the subject of this thread.
There’s nothing to worry as long as you don’t intend to do anything adventurous. Ladakh these days are done by people in hatchbacks and sedans, however, driving skills does matter in this case.

May end is a good time to visit Ladakh, but you need to start your day as early as possible since as the day passes the flow of water along the crossings will be more.

The vehicle is pretty much capable to do this trip, since the underpinnings and engine is same as other Mahindra vehicles which have been plying on this route for years now.

Go ahead and plan your trip, DM in case you need more assistance on this.
abhikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 20:13   #5058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
Hi ram87pune,
Was just wondering if all ok at your end. It felt weird had not heard from in the recent past. Not that I am waiting for any scoop but just checking in.

Look forward to seeing you back here!

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 23:04   #5059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick3094 View Post
Would you mind sharing if yours is a petrol or a diesel. Because you say 200 horses implying a petrol model but then a mileage of 13.9 seems godly as we managed to stretch it to a max of 12.9 . So I'm just trying to see if all is right with our baby. I tried to find through previous posts but couldn't locate it.
Mine is a petrol AT. I got this figure on the MID after a highway run of about 30 -40 km. It was the vehicle's first outing on the highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220315_221816825.jpg  

nickelniks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 12:19   #5060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Mine is a petrol AT. I got this figure on the MID after a highway run of about 30 -40 km. It was the vehicle's first outing on the highway.
This is really good for an AT vehicle. Mine is an MT and i am yet to go outside the city. Within city, it gives me 9.5-10 kmpl. 90% of my rides so far were in bumper to bumper traffic. So I expect a 12-13 kmpl in highways. If i had known that AT and MT gives the same mileage, I would have bought AT straightaway
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 13:11   #5061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
If i had known that AT and MT gives the same mileage, I would have bought AT straightaway
It must be to do with the driving style. If the same driver drives both MT and AT with the same style/pattern, AT would definitely give 1-2 kmpl lesser.

Last edited by Guna : 21st March 2022 at 13:12.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 13:13   #5062
BHPian

The flaw in Auto Emergency Braking design

After few instances, I believe I have figured out the flaw in AEB design.

AEB does not take into account any movement perpendicular to the direction of the vehicle. It only measures distance of the object in front and then tries to predict if the XUV is going to crash at the current speed.

While this works well for cars and other objects moving ahead in the same direction as XUV, it does not work for objects moving perpendicular to XUV.

For example, a bicycle/ pedestrian/ animal moving across will appear as stationary to the radar. While, from our own driving experience, we can estimate if the object in front will be able to cross, XUV will apply brakes.

This is a design flaw

I still keep AEB on in my vehicle as this adds a second layer of safety

Please share your views if you agree/ disagree with my observations.
p_darshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 13:53   #5063
BHPian

Went for pre-inspection of my XUV in dealer's yard today. It was dusty, kept under open sky. Dealer says company delivered it this condition last night. Well there were couple of XUVs in his yard. All dusty.
VIN decoding says it's Jan 2022 manufactured car, odo has 36kms, MRF tyres with 5221 stamp indicating they are manufactured in Dec 2021.
My car also has spare key and sequential indicators. Also saw battery warranty card lying in the Styrofoam.

All looked good, didn't have much time to check each and every feature, or thorough checking as per TBHP checklist.
I am getting fitted minimal accessories from dealer - mudflaps, 3D mats, car cover, touchscreen guard.
StepUP! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 14:45   #5064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
However, while rusting of bolts and screws is common, this week I noticed that rusting has started to come extensively on the rear mahindra logo and "700" emblem.
Thank you all for sharing your inputs on this issue. I got a call from Mahindra over the weekend and was called in to get the emblems replaced. They were able to replace the XUV700 emblem (replaced free and MRP is around 500), but the rear mahindra logo went out of stock. Since the variant emblem is also showing rusting they have ordered both parts for replacement.

Also wanted to add that rear mount screws and dampners around the tailgate lock are also being changed under recall
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220321_1340292.jpg  

nasir88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 15:43   #5065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
The flaw in Auto Emergency Braking design
That is not a flaw, but just a limitation by design or limitation of scope of this feature. They have implemented AEB for frontal collision avoidance. Any implementation for lateral collision avoidance will increase costs and more if they possibly they would need 2 + 2 more detectors if they were to give good coverage to threats form sides.

Last edited by condor : 21st March 2022 at 15:44.
condor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 16:29   #5066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That is not a flaw, but just a limitation by design or limitation of scope of this feature. They have implemented AEB for frontal collision avoidance. Any implementation for lateral collision avoidance will increase costs and more if they possibly they would need 2 + 2 more detectors if they were to give good coverage to threats form sides.
Someone who has experienced this will know what I am trying to explain.

I am also talking exclusively about frontal collision avoidance (and not lateral collision avoidance)

Whenever something or someone crosses in front of your vehicle from one slide to the other and in close proximity, AEB will get triggered. In your normal driving you will not panic brake in this case but still AEB kicks in, which means it is a design flaw.
Old 21st March 2022, 16:58   #5067
BHPian

Hi all. I have booked a AX7 DSL AT yesterday. Time given is 16 to 18 months... Fits perfectly in my plan as I have a Yaris which will complete 4 years by the time my new car arrives.

Before booking, I was able to take a comprehensive test ride and upgraded my choice from AX5 to AX7 as I was quite convinced that the 2 L premium is justified by the additional features offered.

I have a question about the booking process. I have done the booking online but I did not receive any booking reference number or the booking receipt either as a sms or email. Shall I chase the dealer for this?
Old 21st March 2022, 18:18   #5068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post

Also wanted to add that rear mount screws and dampners around the tailgate lock are also being changed under recall
Its great that they are replacing the emblems.
Could you please share more info on the rear mount screws and dampners. Honestly I don’t know what are rear mount screws. Is this across all variants?

Cheers!

EDIT: Just got to know from my relationship manager that both the rear mounts screws and the dampners which are al related to the boot door closing correctly need to be replaced. I had complained earlier that the boot does not close correctly and the tail lamps do not align correctly. But this is for some batches only. Mine needs to be replaced.

Last edited by Vashanis : 21st March 2022 at 18:40. Reason: Additional info
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 20:28   #5069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
I
Could you please share more info on the rear mount screws and dampners. Honestly I don’t know what are rear mount screws. Is this across all variants?
The dampners are ones encircled in Red and screws are ones encircled in yellow below. Hope this makes it clearer!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220321_1210162.jpg  

nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 20:37   #5070
BHPian

Quote:
suggested items from experience of a trip to Spiti Valley in october in my XUV500.
- tyre chains if you expect to drive in snow
- puncture kit
- tow rope
- jumper cable
- flash light
- jerrycan (optional - can keep 2 ltr coke bottles) for fuel
- one spare tyre if you can manage (if you expect to drive in really really really bad roads). I wanted to take one but realzied didnt really need it

Watch lots of youtube videos of the route to familarize yourself of the terrain

Another suggestion - if the road is really bad (like the manali to Kaza road in Spiti), then your stock tyres will take a beating. if you dont mind spending some money, take re-treaded tyres from Chandigarh or somewhere in the hills on rent and give them back when your return
piyush1.a is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks