Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:29   #5086

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I was informed by the dealer that my vehicle was billed on the 9th Mar and the delivery will happen in 4-5 days. Its been 14 days now and still no sign of the vehicle. After multiple followups, they informed today that the vehicle hasn't been shipped yet. I escalated to the Customer experience head and also spoke to the area sales manager and after multiple calls ( again), they informed that it will take one more week for the vehicle to arrive . At this point, i am not sure what else i can do other than waiting for it. Any pointers ??
Hey rambharat, I know it is frustrating. Even I had to wait for more than 2 weeks after I was told that my vehicle is ready for delivery. Luckily I got mine delivered last week. I was ready to wait for some more time than getting into this situation of uncertainty where most of the things are not transparent. I continuously followed up with mails and kept calling and I had almost reached the stage of canceling and booking some other car and had told the same to the dealer.

What is the reason they are giving you for this delay? Make sure you wont proceed with payments until it is totally confirmed and insist on seeing the vehicle before proceeding. Do follow ups and ask for a deadline.
tzasch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 16:43   #5087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post
This is the first diesel and AT car we got and I am still getting used to the way AT gearbox behaves at low speeds and holds onto 1st and 2nd gear longer than I would like. Didn't experience this during the test drives and was expecting more linear acceleration. As soon as I cross 35/40kmph, the acceleration is very smooth. Is this common in new car? Would love to get some comments from fellow XUV700 D AT owners and experts.
It gets better over the time. Sometime it used to be in 2nd gear for 50kmph which was annoying. I tried tapping the gas pedal suggested by the service engineer but didn't help much in Zap and Zip mode. It works in Zoom mode. After driving for 2000 Kms and an android auto update its smooth now. Not sure whether it was due to software update or adding more miles.
Piyush_DT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 08:33   #5088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzasch View Post
Hey rambharat, I know it is frustrating. Even I had to wait for more than 2 weeks after I was told that my vehicle is ready for delivery. Luckily I got mine delivered last week. I was ready to wait for some more time than getting into this situation of uncertainty where most of the things are not transparent. I continuously followed up with mails and kept calling and I had almost reached the stage of canceling and booking some other car and had told the same to the dealer.

What is the reason they are giving you for this delay? Make sure you wont proceed with payments until it is totally confirmed and insist on seeing the vehicle before proceeding. Do follow ups and ask for a deadline.
No specific reason, the area sales manager called the plant also but they cleared told it will take one more week for the delivery. The manager is saying that this is common for them and it is taking 15+ days for the vehicle to be shipped. Seems some logistics issue at the plant. But i don't believe it, the delay seems specific to this dealer only and for this variant only.
Old 24th March 2022, 11:54   #5089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No specific reason, the area sales manager called the plant also but they cleared told it will take one more week for the delivery. The manager is saying that this is common for them and it is taking 15+ days for the vehicle to be shipped. Seems some logistics issue at the plant. But i don't believe it, the delay seems specific to this dealer only and for this variant only.
Can you check if the car is being dispatched by rail? My car was stuck at the Tata factory for about 2 weeks post allocation because of the unavailability of rakes to transfer the car to Bangalore.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 13:39   #5090
BHPian

I got a call from the dealer this morning that my car is expected soon; on tracking my booking the status has moved to Production -Order Under planning and the delivery date has shifted from 19th May/18th June 2022 to April 10-17. So I am now excited about my new XUV700 AX7L Petrol AT Midnight Black.

Will look for a new home form my 2017, XUV500 W10 AT Sunset Orange.

Suggestion for PDI and other issues prior and during delivery are welcome.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 17:23   #5091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
It tells the story of culture of a company. If the logo doesn’t last a few months, it’s best not to check what quality of steel must have gone in making the vehicle. Oh and don’t forget they made the back of plastic. Extreme level cheapskating if I want to compare any cars in Europe or USA.
I hope they replace the logo swiftly.

Also hope there is no damage to the body as a result of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
I chatted about this with few of my friends in auto industry.

1. It's not plastic, it's actually thermo plastic/composite.
2. Composite is as strong as steel.
3. Composite is costlier than steel, some of the high end cars use it due to it's
lightweight properties.
4. XUV tailgate design is little complex for steel finish.
I guess this picture is worth a 1000 words.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700rearendedbyhyundaicreta.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by pandabear : 24th March 2022 at 17:31.
pandabear is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 19:37   #5092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
I guess this picture is worth a 1000 words.
Hasn't that picture been long debunked as being fake?

And the impact is not on the composite material even if its not fake.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 19:39   #5093
BHPian

Came across this video...seems like a high-speed frontal offset impact. Passengers are safe as per the article
https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-xuv700-hits-a-bus/
Old 25th March 2022, 13:27   #5094

Folks,

Like a lot in this thread, waiting for my XUV700. While the original dates were May 2 - Jun 2 2022, (AX7 AWD AT D L), I got revised dates for Mar 30-Apr 7. Excited about getting my ride and starting my prep work (insurance, accessories, etc). I spoke to the SA today (AMPL OMR Chennai) and he indicated that Mahindra will provide the second key later (4-5 months), but sequential lights may not come at all. Has anyone else heard about this? Any truth to it or just mistaken update from the SA?
Old 25th March 2022, 13:43   #5095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraharah View Post
Folks,
I spoke to the SA today (AMPL OMR Chennai) and he indicated that Mahindra will provide the second key later (4-5 months), but sequential lights may not come at all. Has anyone else heard about this? Any truth to it or just mistaken update from the SA?
I got the same variant (AX7 D AT L AWD) delivered last Sunday in Pune on 20th March and mine came with the second key and sequential lights. You may want to call and check with Mahindra Customer Care to get more clarity.
techdarshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 14:39   #5096

Quote:
Originally Posted by techdarshan View Post
You may want to call and check with Mahindra Customer Care to get more clarity.
Mahindra customer care has a very canned response to this (missing features will be communicated at the time of delivery - my allotment itself isn’t done yet, May be that’s why).

I am generally inferring, based on data collected from here and personal connects - cars allotted (not delivered) prior to Mar 2nd have the features. Cars allotted after are missing them and in BGLR, customers are being told that those features will be available in 4-5 months. Till last Friday, that is what my SA also said - but this week seems to be a different story!
iraharah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 14:43   #5097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraharah View Post
Folks,

but sequential lights may not come at all. Has anyone else heard about this? Any truth to it or just mistaken update from the SA?
It is still listed on their website so they should still be providing the same later. It's better to take in writing or over email from Mahindra.
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 00:41   #5098
BHPian

Update- Got a call from manager at anant cars that my car has arrived and I can go for PDI. Did the PDI today at their stockyard today using team BHP's PDI checklist. I must say it is the most exhausting checklist I have ever seen. Kudos to people who have taken the pains to prepare it. By the end of completing all checks, the sales guy who accompanied me was a walking dead man . Few points to highlight here:

1)Sequential turn indicators are missing only on the rear. We will be given a written letter stating it will be replaced in 4-5 months time.
2) the 2nd key will not be a smart one and the above statement will hold true for it also. Although I got both as Smart keys(even the SA was surprised).
3) Cars manufactured from Feb 2nd week have the above two misses.
4) my car had a missing L . It was suppose to be AX7L but it showed AX7 only. I double checked the features to make sure I am getting luxury variant. Nobody had a clue on why it is missing. They told they will check it and get back .

Other than the above issues, the PDI went smooth and hot ( never experienced this hot sun in Bangalore)
rambharat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 06:29   #5099

Quote:
Other than the above issues, the PDI went smooth and hot ( never experienced this hot sun in Bangalore)
Congratulations on finally seeing your beauty. Best wishes for a speedy delivery!

Last edited by Aditya : 26th March 2022 at 20:48. Reason: Typo, extra dots
Old 26th March 2022, 10:06   #5100
BHPian

Any update on when the matrix indicators lights will become readily be available? Are more folks getting the call to let go these features on their car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks