Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 08:09   #5251
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Any idea about waiting period on MX models, both Petrol and Diesel ?
Moreover, given the high waiting period, if one is out to buy a new vehicle, what are the almost equivalent alternatives(in terms of price and safety and performance) available in the market today with low waiting period ?
Old 11th April 2022, 08:25   #5252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
4) Got the below accessories from Mahindra/Outside
Airbag friendly seat covers
Side step
7d mats
rear seat entertainment (2)
Body side molding
sun film for rear and side
12v-220v converter
side beading
door protector
front sensors
pedal covers
Screen protector and Scuff protectors ( tail gate and sides)
Rear guard
Antirust coating and steering cover

Cost me another 1.5 lakhs for the above. So the price of vehicle was 30 Lakhs for me on road with all accessories.
Great read and gets me excited every time someone posts a positive review! I have also booked in Anant Cars Mysore Road, so there is an extra bit of connect

Wanted to understand which of these accessories were done by Mahindra and which ones outside? Also, what about one-touch up/down for the remaining 3 windows? VWs were offering this almost a decade ago with Polo, thought by now all manufacturers will be giving it as standard! I have heard that can be done as an after-market accessory.

It is too early for me to be talking about accessories (I have booked in beginning of January), but excitement is high!
Old 11th April 2022, 10:02   #5253
BHPian

Just got my 1st service done and some updates as follows:

- Android Auto updated finally however one plus phone is not connecting wirelessly but only through cable so far. Tried on Samsung phone without any issues. This seems to be issue with one plus phones as per my initial research online. Any other one plus users to please give their feedback.

- regarding thud sound in front suspension I was unable to replicate th same on the fine roads near service centre but they confirmed this is one of the only known mechanical issues faced so far by some customers. They tightened the torque arm and said to give them feedback after more usage.

-serivce was free of cost and some screws were replaced by them as suggested by company as well. 2hrs worth of software updates were also done

-I was initially hesitant to get service done by koncept Mahindra in greater Noida having bought the car at different dealership in Faridabad but I was assured there would be no compromise in service. Service was absolutely seamless and special care was taken for being 700 owner. Timelines were properly given and service tracking was correctly updated on Withyouhamesha app. I am very happy with the service experience so far

-Overall I am very happy with every aspect of ownership with the vehicle so far. The tech is what initially interested me but having used the car for 3 months what excites me the most is the petrol engine and overall driving dynamics. Now I only wish it had paddle shifters.

-I had initially within the month of purchase also got the car graphene coated and ppf installed on both bumpers, door sills and side mirrors at a total cost of 30k from a very reputed detailer in South Delhi. I am very happy with the results and their services. I would be happy to recommend to anyone interested as well as I don't think it is reasonable to charge these huge amounts some people have been quoted here. I had my creta ceramic coated 7 years back and am very happy with the performance until now hence decided to get my second red car protected as well without any second thought.

Last edited by souvik6 : 11th April 2022 at 10:18. Reason: Spelling mistakes
souvik6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 11:33   #5254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
By the way, what is the expected waiting period on AX5 diesel (or any other variant) if booked today?
Dealerships have a rough waiting schedule for all variants listed on a LCD screen. I reckon the least waiting should be for AX5 Petrol. You should contact your nearest dealer to get more clarity, you can straight away ask him which variant is getting the maximum number of allotments from Mahindra and you will get a good idea.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 11:49   #5255
BHPian

Quote:
Its been 10 days of pure bliss with my white Sabertooth , so thought of penning down my entire experience right from beginning to owning this beast.

4) Got the below accessories from Mahindra/Outside
Body side molding
front sensors

My apologies for the long post. Hoping i have covered everything. Leaving with few pictures of Diego
Hi rambharat,

Congratulations on your new car !! I am also waiting in line for this car from same dealer, BG branch. Seeing all your posts, I would like to take you during the PDI of my car when it is available.

Regarding the accessories, I would like to know what are these?
Body side molding
front sensors
Please provide some more information about them, price and where did you buy them from?

Thanks,
Niranjan
Old 11th April 2022, 13:05   #5256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Always take the maximum extended warranty from the manufacturer - never from the dealership. Manufacturer warranty is honoured across all dealers and this way you will not be locked in with a dealer for any repairs. Extended Warranty can also be purchased online through the With You Hamesha app.
Oh, okay, this makes sense. Thank you so much!
Old 11th April 2022, 14:29   #5257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Congrats on finally getting your car, great write up as well!

Can you answer a couple of questions about the below accessories?

1. Which seat cover is this? Are you sure it doesn’t hamper the seat airbags?
2. Which product for rear seat entertainment?
3. Do the front sensors integrate into the camera app in infotainment system?
1. Which seat cover is this? Are you sure it doesn’t hamper the seat airbags?- Elegant airbag friendly seat covers. They are specifically designed for cars with airbags. You can check it on their website.
2. Which product for rear seat entertainment? Hypersonic
3. Do the front sensors integrate into the camera app in infotainment system?[/quote] no. They come with a switch to turn them off/on. The infotainment system and for that matter, none of the electrical components have been touched/tampered with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Took Delivery of My Ax7 AWD without the L Pack on 24.03.2022.
I have got both the keys with the car however the rear sequential indicators dont work. I went to the MASS yesterday, where they connected the laptop to check if everything is alright.
Upon inquiry, they checked the VIN in the database to confirm if the rear sequential indicators have been disabled and shall be provided later. The person could not provide any info on that and I was told that they need to open the rear lights to check if any parts are missing. Could not do that as I didnt have about 2 hours which I was told shall be the time required.
I am a bit hesitant in that as I dont want any rattles due to any loose nuts after the checkup.
Also, while I was cleaning the car today morning, both the screens went blank and horizontal and vertical lines (red and blue) appeared on both the screens along with pops and cracking sound coming from the speakers. After a while, the screen came back to normal, however I could feel an issue with the refresh rate on one of the screens.
Will inform the MASS about the issue.
Dont know if the issue crept after the laptop was connected via the OBD port or its just timing.
Rear differential indicators are not present in cars after feb 22. Mahindra will do it in 4-5 months time. I got a letter from them stating the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Great read and gets me excited every time someone posts a positive review! I have also booked in Anant Cars Mysore Road, so there is an extra bit of connect

Wanted to understand which of these accessories were done by Mahindra and which ones outside? Also, what about one-touch up/down for the remaining 3 windows? VWs were offering this almost a decade ago with Polo, thought by now all manufacturers will be giving it as standard! I have heard that can be done as an after-market accessory.

It is too early for me to be talking about accessories (I have booked in beginning of January), but excitement is high!
Antirust coating-4000
cermic coating 10H- 40000 plus PPF on mirrors
rear guard-6800
screen cover-800
mud flaps-1000
pedal cover-650
tail gate scuff protector-2500

All the above from Mahindra, rest from outside.

NOTE TO MODS: Please merge my posts, i am unable to do so, neither the multi quote option works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Hi rambharat,

Congratulations on your new car !! I am also waiting in line for this car from same dealer, BG branch. Seeing all your posts, I would like to take you during the PDI of my car when it is available.

Regarding the accessories, I would like to know what are these?
Body side molding
front sensors
Please provide some more information about them, price and where did you buy them from?

Thanks,
Niranjan

Anytime bro i am taking my vehicle for 1st service to BG road this wednesday. Rear seat entertainment is the Android 11.6 inch tablet which is attached to the front seat headrest. You can watch movies,play games,netflix etc on it. I got a pair of them for 45k from outside
Body side molding is the pair of chrome sticks on the side of body to protect it from scratches.cost me 1300.got it from Amazon
Front sensors will help you during tight parking spaces like the one i have. Will give you audible sounds to help you with parking.cost me 3800. Mahindra is not providing it anymore.got it outside.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th April 2022 at 14:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE +) for responding to multiple posts. Thanks!
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:01   #5258
BHPian

Quote:
Body side molding is the pair of chrome sticks on the side of body to protect it from scratches.cost me 1300.got it from Amazon
Can you post some pics and the amazon link of the same, please?
Old 11th April 2022, 16:32   #5259

Have been noticing a strange issue on my AX7 L Petrol. When the car is parked in direct sunlight for substantial time (> 2 hours), the sunroof does not close. Have been stuck in such a situation twice now. Both the times I had to manually press the front wind deflector with brute force while the sunroof window was closing. Right at the place where it touches the wind deflector, and is in the final stages of closing, it pops open again. Similar to a scenario where the anti-pinch would kick-in. Has anybody noticed anything similar ? I have this habit of remotely opening the sunroof before stepping in the car, by long pressing the car unlock button. Now I try and do it only in closes spaces and that works perfectly fine.
Old 11th April 2022, 17:19   #5260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirleo View Post
Can you post some pics and the amazon link of the same, please?
See attached. You can get it from Mahindra or from Amazon
Attached Images

rambharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 19:48   #5261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik7OO View Post
Have been noticing a strange issue on my AX7 L Petrol. When the car is parked in direct sunlight for substantial time (> 2 hours), the sunroof does not close. Have been stuck in such a situation twice now. Both the times I had to manually press the front wind deflector with brute force while the sunroof window was closing. Right at the place where it touches the wind deflector, and is in the final stages of closing, it pops open again. Similar to a scenario where the anti-pinch would kick-in. Has anybody noticed anything similar ? I have this habit of remotely opening the sunroof before stepping in the car, by long pressing the car unlock button. Now I try and do it only in closes spaces and that works perfectly fine.
I suspect that it could be a poor quality motor that can't stand the heat and malfunctions.
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 19:58   #5262
BANNED

Test Drove AX7 Petrol version today. Will be booking the MX Petrol though because most of the tech features in the name of ADAS felt gimmicky as they would randomly kick in at low speed but would remain quite in bumper to bumper traffic, and it's the one with the lowest wait time. Everything else can be slapped on in it after market anyway.
While the engine was quiet and refined, was able to drop to almost 20Kmph in 5th and then revved all the way upto 80KMph with ease, it did shudder the entire vehicle when brought on from a dead stop.
The quote local dealer gave me for MX Petrol was 12,95,713 Ex Showroom and 15,51,000 On-Road, which includes accessories pack of 40K, 76K for insurance and 1,05,000 RTO registration charges. 1-year extended warranty was being offered for 17K more.
Will hit up a few more dealerships to get a better offer and quote.
KadiNiSikhiya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 11:18   #5263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
The quote local dealer gave me for MX Petrol was 12,95,713 Ex Showroom and 15,51,000 On-Road, which includes accessories pack of 40K, 76K for insurance and 1,05,000 RTO registration charges. 1-year extended warranty was being offered for 17K more.
Will hit up a few more dealerships to get a better offer and quote.
You can most definitely get a much better price on insurance (I would expect something under 50k for MX). For any accessories being sold by the dealer, you can ask them to match the price available on m2all.com. For extended warranty, you can buy full 2 years rather than buying 1 year at a time. warranty can also be purchased after buying the vehicle on the withyouhamesha app. Cheers!
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 11:56   #5264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
You can most definitely get a much better price on insurance (I would expect something under 50k for MX). For any accessories being sold by the dealer, you can ask them to match the price available on m2all.com. For extended warranty, you can buy full 2 years rather than buying 1 year at a time. warranty can also be purchased after buying the vehicle on the withyouhamesha app. Cheers!
I, too, felt that his on-road pricing was way off. Even my mother, who accompanied me for TD was surprised at lackadaisical attitude of sales rep who seem uninterested in sale. The BHP curse struck, I was schooling the guy about features in the MX variant because at one point he claimed the MX variant comes without the Central Armrest !
Old 12th April 2022, 13:08   #5265

My Friend is planning to buy a pre-owned XUV 500 since Mahindra has stopped manufacturing this. BS-6 model; which will be anything manufactured after April 2020. Is there a way to get in ouch with our Team BHP users who may be looking to sell and XUV500? Could someone point me to the right channel if this not the correct location?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks