Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2022, 13:43   #5281
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra have hiked prices by 2.5%, XUV700 will be having maximum hike.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/90840004.cms
Old 14th April 2022, 15:54   #5282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Same experience here,I had to beg, plead, fight, escalate to get my car. By the way, don't tell me it's Anant cars
IT has been a horrible experience with Anant cars Mysore road, and it continues.

I am sharing this as an experience of booking my car with Anant cars, Mysore road. I booked my car well before they opened for booking and I got my OTF number on 7th of October. Alas my dates turned out to be June-July 2022. I wanted to cancel the booking when Mr Dhananjay - Sales Manager of Anant cars , promised me that it would be here in End March / April 2022. He asked me to call him by First week of March, which I did diligently.

He started by quoting that I am 3rd in line for the billing and asked me to call a week later for the update. Which I did again. No I was 2nd in line for billing, again a week passed. Then he called to tell me my car was billed and in transit, and i should get my finance in place this happened on the 5th of April, When I posted on Team-BHP, same day the Online booking went missing for all of us. The finance was approved, and I was keen to know the final invoice price ( because my loan was very less) and the possible delivery timelines so that I could plan, This guys starts telling me that he is out of office , On leave , to call him in the morning , Call him in the evening, call him at a particular time to tell me when I could come over for a PDI. I got suspicious and then just randomly dropped in to Anant cars Mysore road late in the evening and asked a SA to check my status because this guy ( Mr Dhnanjay) refused to pick my call. The SA told me that there was no car billed in my name ! I asked him to call Mr Dhananjay - The sales manager from his phone just to see if he picks his phone , which he did, and then i asked him to put it on speaker and told him the car was not yet billed ! he said , the SA doesn't know anything and the car will be delivered this weekend as it was in transit, and i was supposed to call him again today (14th of April) to figure the PDI date. I called him today and I had lost my patience because he refused to pick my call. he told me he is on a holiday. I called the SA thru whom I had booked and gave him a piece of mind, I am now Supposed to follow-up with some Mr Arwin - Branch manager. The SA also told me that They have made a mistake that they have allocated a car in My name to someone else because they had promised the delivery to some other customer this is nuts ! I am so pissed off I have no clue how to deal with these people.
Guys Please suggest , By the way Mr Arwin is not picking the call not is he calling back .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
I too booked AX5 D AT 7s, from Anant cars Marathahalli. I have paid booking amount in Sept end and booking was punched in on 7-Oct. My delivery date is Aug - Sept 2022. Online status stays same as original for me!! Are you saying you got an update delivery date from Ananth cars?
Alas I was fooled by Anant Cars ! My car is still not billed it seems. I wouldn't suggest anybody to book it thru Anant cars, its a sham, how can some one else get a car that is booked in my name because they had promised another customer.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th April 2022 at 16:08. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
sriku23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 16:25   #5283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
IT has been a horrible experience with Anant cars Mysore road, and it continues.

Alas I was fooled by Anant Cars ! My car is still not billed it seems. I wouldn't suggest anybody to book it thru Anant cars, its a sham, how can some one else get a car that is booked in my name because they had promised another customer.
Copy paste and exact same experience with Anant Cars Marathahalli Orr. Some random bloke called to confirm on my deliver dates for April mid whereas my tentative date was Aug-Sep'22. Miraculously the same day there was that famous blackout of booking details. Final output, the tentative date still shows Aug-Sep'22. Full credits to the SA coz he is absconding since Oct-8-21 and I booked on the 7th Oct 21, his name is Prithviraj.

Last edited by Monty1 : 14th April 2022 at 16:38. Reason: additional detail
Monty1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 16:54   #5284
BHPian

UPDATE - Anant Cars,

Spoke to Mr Arwin of Anant Cars, It seems they had an internal meeting where it was discussed on 5th April that my car was not billed, But the whole team SA, Finance, Sales Manager all of them choose to keep me in the dark hoping that they would be able to get me the car ( tough to believe ), He did admit that it was Anant car's mistake, and he has requested time to give me an update by Monday about the status. by escalating it.

I don't know how or why or when it would happen. Since they told me the car was in transit and I know they don't keep the car beyond 7 days, I went ahead and borrowed a huge sum of money for down payment from a private lender at exorbitant prices. I humbly suggest fellow BHP'ns not to arrange for the money till the PDI is complete.
sriku23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 16:56   #5285
BHPian

Was in the same boat late last year.
Wanted an SUV and was willing to pay the big bucks. Shortlisted the XUV 700 and the Tata Safari after running around for a pre-owned endeavour:(
The scale was tilted towards the XUV 700 having held the XUV 500 for more than 1 lakh Kms in the past. However, in todays time and age, i refuse to wait 6 months or more for a vehicle. Just not done. I had my doubts when no dealer could commit and came back less than impressed in Mumbai and Ahmedabad both, if they cant deliver a car on time, i have my doubts as to how long parts would take to arrive.

10th January 2022, i went and booked a top end Safari Automatic more out of anger than anything else and 26th January 2022, i took delivery of the beast in Grey. 6000kms old not, and i fall a little more in love every single day. May be a better loaded vehicle is the XUV 700 but the safari is no less, the service experience with the Tatas have been awesome too in Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
nairanupg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 16:58   #5286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Should I continue waiting?
Hello, there. I was in your position a month back and I decided to take the plunge and brought home the Tata Safari.

Don’t get me wrong, I really liked the XUV 700, but waiting for so long was not something which excited me. The 700 trumps Safari in all measurable ways - but I think Safari is not a bad car. Tech aside, I think Safari may be a bit better. There is a 100nm gap between the diesel AT variant of Safari and 700 - but, during the TD it did not feel so. You can search youtube for videos for drag races, and they are neck n neck till about 80kph. I think Safari AT does do a much better job of delivering the torque to the wheels, I felt it in the road.

Had the delivery dates been closer, I might have gone ahead with the 700. I had a couple of issues with the Safari as well. But I really love the car.

Another point is the rising prices. I am on the edge of my swallow able budget and if prices soar up, that would be affect my purchasing decision. So, Here I am with my Tata Safari. Hope you make a wise decision for yourself. In the end, think and decide which option makes you happier.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-497d24a29dcf475494d9058c23d87926.jpeg  

NotanF1driver is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 17:37   #5287
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE - Anant Cars,

Spoke to Mr Arwin of Anant Cars, It seems they had an internal meeting where it was discussed on 5th April that my car was not billed, But the whole team SA, Finance, Sales Manager all of them choose to keep me in the dark hoping that they would be able to get me the car ( tough to believe ), He did admit that it was Anant car's mistake, and he has requested time to give me an update by Monday about the status. by escalating it.

I don't know how or why or when it would happen. Since they told me the car was in transit and I know they don't keep the car beyond 7 days, I went ahead and borrowed a huge sum of money for down payment from a private lender at exorbitant prices. I humbly suggest fellow BHP'ns not to arrange for the money till the PDI is complete.
I can suggest two things:

1)Speak to their area sales manager who sits in the room next to the accessories one.
2) Escalate to the SVP- customer experience explaining the entire ordeal you went through. His email id is syed.abdulhanif@mahindra.com

In the end, i would urge you not to lose hope. I can assure you that the moment you get the beast and drive it, you will forget about the entire ordeal. None of the vehicles in this price band match to the sheer pleasure of XUV 700(my personal view).
rambharat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 18:03   #5288
BHPian

I’m not in the market for the XUV 700, but reading these stories of how dealers are treating customers just makes you so sad.
Hope everyone here gets their deliveries quickly.
Based on the current market conditions, If you are not in a hurry, it’s best to wait a few months and then book for a car.
Old 14th April 2022, 19:07   #5289
Distinguished - BHPian

Revised prices from today.

Hike is between 22,000 - 78,000 rupees, ex-showroom.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-b214866df2f943258f5507ed196b8c8d.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 19:40   #5290
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Copy paste and exact same experience with Anant Cars Marathahalli Orr. Some random bloke called to confirm on my deliver dates for April mid whereas my tentative date was Aug-Sep'22. Miraculously the same day there was that famous blackout of booking details. Final output, the tentative date still shows Aug-Sep'22. Full credits to the SA coz he is absconding since Oct-8-21 and I booked on the 7th Oct 21, his name is Prithviraj.
On the same boat

My delivery dates are past due and they don't show up on the portal now as well. Have been promised a billing in the next day or two, hopefully it turns out to be true this time.
Old 14th April 2022, 21:24   #5291
BHPian

Quote:
A. Should I continue waiting? Will Mahindra be able to deliver cars in even 6 months’ time? There were posts suggesting that production will increase, but monthly sales figures are not even touching 4-5k XUV 700s! The wait is just grueling. Any insights? @ram87pune sir, miss your updates!
B. Should I forget about XUV 700 and go for Safari? After the #Dark edition, the Kaziranga is looking even more stunning. My personal favourite though is the Adventure Persona. But knowing what I will miss, I am not able to make up my mind! Just feels like a bad deal for the money. I did not mention ADAS till now as its usability is something I can only judge after using properly, but nonetheless I want it!
The most important point here is your usage (which you haven't mentioned). But since the SA suggested you to go for petrol, then I guess you have a low usage.

So your situation clearly calls for a petrol/EV car only. And since you (and your family) are head over heels with 700 petrol, you can definitely choose to wait.

Regarding the production and delivery, the situation is no better now. In fact, the problem is getting worse. Not just for the XUV700 but for any car which is tech loaded (That is also the reason why Safari is not loaded to the brim like XUV700). So whether you choose to wait or not depends on the luxury of the time with you.
Old 14th April 2022, 21:41   #5292
BHPian

Quote:

A. Should I continue waiting? Will Mahindra be able to deliver cars in even 6 months’ time? There were posts suggesting that production will increase, but monthly sales figures are not even touching 4-5k XUV 700s! The wait is just grueling. Any insights? @ram87pune sir, miss your updates!
B. Should I forget about XUV 700 and go for Safari? After the #Dark edition, the Kaziranga is looking even more stunning. My personal favourite though is the Adventure Persona. But knowing what I will miss, I am not able to make up my mind! Just feels like a bad deal for the money. I did not mention ADAS till now as its usability is something I can only judge after using properly, but nonetheless I want it!
I am in the same boat as you. Smitten by the 700. Don't mind waiting (my date is Dec 2023).
But, if your requirement is a 7 seater, have you checked with your family if the third row is good in the 700? My family found it very claustrophobic and uncomfortable. Since my requirement is a comfortable family car, I may have to sacrifice my wants of the features (ADAS etc) and go for a Carens or Alcazar (I know....the crash rating...but family comfort maters too).

If third row comfort is not an issue, I suggest you wait and get the 700. It will not feel outdated for a long time to come.
Old 14th April 2022, 23:04   #5293
BHPian

A humble reminder that a separate thread is there for discussing delivery delays. It would be nice if we can dedicate this thread for other general updates / drive reports / ownership experiences etc.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...eliveries.html (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries)

Honestly though, some of the posts here talks a lot of dealer delays, while there is no reason to do so. It is clear that vehicle billing is done from Mahindra directly, and dealer calls up next in line only during cancellations. Pure supply and demand is in play here, and your waiting experience would be much nicer if you accept that (or move on).
The Alchemist is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 07:06   #5294
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have got my XUV700 D AT AWD MID NIGHT BLACK yesterday evening in Vijayawada.

I have not driven much except bringing it home and getting puja done at nearby Hanuman temple. I will update the detailed experience after some driving fun.

It came with MRF wanderers. Should i change them to Michelin's? I have been very happy since upgrading to Michelins on my Honda City.

The tech explained the features very breifly at showroom and he did not know how to see the video recordings. It was having trouble connecting to vodafone network at showroom. Thought it would connect on road but since then it has not connected to network. No updates on Adrenox app since they configured an hour before handing it over to me. I have messaged the Tech guy from showroom asking the same. what has been your experience and any DIY solutions.

The Vijayawada dealer "Automotive" and sales guy have been good in all aspects of the journey and they were okay with outside insurance and did not even ask twice to consider insurance from them. All in all good but i was not aware of road tax increase in AP from 14% to 18% since January. I did not look at it even while transferring the money. I noticed only after bringing the vehicle home. I could have got it registered from Hyderabad and saved 4%.

I got the following accessories from the showroom:

1. Mud flap Kit - W601 - AW60001
2. Rear Bumper Protector Kit - W601 - AW60024
3. Pedal Cover Set - XUV700 AT Hex Pattern - AW60043
4. Screen Protector Film - XUV700 - AW60095
5. Micro SD card 32 GB - AW60099
6. Bumper Corner Protector Set (4 pc) - AW60008
7. Rain Visor with Chrome Insert Set (6 pc) - AW60013
8. Tailgate Scuff Protector (Satin Chrome) - AW60015

I have ordered the following online and yet to receive them:

7D leatherite Mats from Amazon (Link)

Galio Door Handle Chrome Cover Garnish Trim and Automatic Window Sunshades Curtains from Carhatke

Planning to get the sidesteps fitted outside as i felt its costlier from Mahindra. Please suggest any good ones. I am thinking of getting the Goldsun.

Hope to have a happy and fun journey with the new XUV 700.

Thank you team-bhp.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-manoj_xuv.jpeg  

telugite is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 07:35   #5295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
The most important point here is your usage (which you haven't mentioned). But since the SA suggested you to go for petrol, then I guess you have a low usage.
Usage on an average is not more than 10k kms per year. It's not an evenly spread daily usage since COVID19, so petrol made more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Smitten by the 700. Don't mind waiting (my date is Dec 2023).
But, if your requirement is a 7 seater, have you checked with your family if the third row is good in the 700? My family found it very claustrophobic and uncomfortable. Since my requirement is a comfortable family car, I may have to sacrifice my wants of the features (ADAS etc) and go for a Carens or Alcazar (I know....the crash rating...but family comfort maters too).

If third row comfort is not an issue, I suggest you wait and get the 700. It will not feel outdated for a long time to come.
Didn't mind the third row as I intend to use sparingly and mainly for kids!

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th April 2022 at 08:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks