Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2022, 10:25   #5296
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Revised prices from today.

Hike is between 22,000 - 78,000 rupees, ex-showroom.

Attachment 2296611
Wow. Inching away from my budget. When I booked on 20th March, the AX5 AT 7 str was 17.80 lakhs ex showroom in Pune. Now its 18.92 which is a 1 Lakh increase

Maybe time to look at Scorpio which should be at a lower price point
Old 15th April 2022, 10:37   #5297
BHPian

I have a to XUV or not XUV question.

Following a similar thought process as below, we had booked an MX petrol in December, and now the chicken is coming home to roost - the dealer (Anant Motors, Banerghatta Road, Bangalore) called to say the vehicle is dispatched .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes, for the Diesel, there is a lower tune on the MX compared to higher variants. No such issue in the petrol - you get the same 200 HP engine in the MX Petrol as on the AX7L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I have booked an MX Petrol variant for a family member - if you want back to basics, MX Petrol is the one to go for. Same engine and transmission as the AX7L at nearly half the price minus all the gadgets and gizmos like ADAS, which are not so usable in our great Indian roads.
This would the first Mahindra in our family, and we're not used to the 'adrenaline rush' of whacking one mole after another as a serial investment of our time, money and patience.
The posts below are what give me the jitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
What an eventful day today

At the rate the fuel was leaking, the vehicle would be stranded by the next morning.

And this is when the bizarre happenings started happening.

I'm barely a km from the SC and am on third gear. The vehicle stops. Yes, the engine stops out of the blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Issue is back

Car struggled a bit to come up the incline from the basement; lose of power was very visible. As I try to enter the highway, car get switched off again with couple of cars behind me.

Please note, there is no check engine light - EVAP issues are expected to trigger CEL and OBD error codes. Also, even last time, the issue happened immediately after I drove on a downslope. At least this time, Mahindra cannot say I overfilled as I filled in front of the service manager and he was recording a video of filling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, replacing the canister is like putting band aid on an infected wound. It's just postponing the inevitable, by simply covering up the symptom, without bothering about the root cause. The issue has to be root caused. Otherwise it will be an endless cycle. I can't believe for the life of me, why Mahindra is sticking to 'customer overfilled' theory and not taking the issue seriously. If I was the guy in charge, I would immediately send my best engineers to site inorder to understand the issue. Mahindra are delving into petrol powertrains with the 700, this has to be a severe red flag bug for them. I am staggered that the response from Mahindra is lukewarm (or cold, even).
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Let me get the weight off my head first: current summary of ASC visits -

Number of Visits to ASC for prescribed service - 01
Number of Visits to ASC out of interest/ Accessories - 01
Number of Visits to ASC that I did not expect to take place - 04. Two is the number of job card records, the visits were actually 04.
And then all service technicians have a tendency to throw the kitchen sink at a problem they don't understand. By god this vehicle is enough complicated that for the foreseeable future, XUV700s will be lab rats in the hands of high schoolers.
Quote:

The technicians tried every possible way to do things - power recycling, fresh installation, network-related debugging, getting TechNet involved in live sessions - but the car wouldn’t budge to get back into the connected world.
Some context. We are a family of 4, with occasional guests. Since I anticipate hybrid working models to stay, our usage is likely to be 60% highway, < 8k kms a year. Intend to keep the car for 10-12 years. At the same time, buying a car is not a 'necessity' right now.

My question to the esteemed forum is, given a buyer who does not particularly cherish being a beta tester, does it make sense to:
  • Go ahead, buy now and enjoy the vehicle. Mahindra is invested and committed to this vehicle, and it should be a pleasant ownership experience overall.
  • Wait out 2+ years, not worth it.
Also, there are very few experiences in the forum for the MX variant. If we decide to go ahead, will be more than happy to share experiences or show the vehicle to any interested members.

Last edited by dust-n-bones : 15th April 2022 at 10:41. Reason: added offer to show the vehicle
Old 15th April 2022, 16:24   #5298
BHPian

Is anybody having brake noise while stopping the car?

I went to service centre and brake pads and disc was cleaned thinking that there could have been dust particles leading to this noise. However, on the way home, the sound is back and there is no improvement.
The exceutive said he will ask technical team about it and I need to visit again and it may require whole day to fix it. As per him, he has done whatever he could and this require further discussion with technical team.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 18:08   #5299
Distinguished - BHPian

One gizmo too many? Adaptive Cruise Control quietly became a self-aware A.I.?

Quote:
Most strange Accident of New Mahindra XUV700

Owner reported a problem of car overspeeding by itself even when Cruise control etc features are off , and told the problem to service center , service center restarted the system and handed over the car back to the owner , however yesterday owner faced an Accident due to overspeeding of Xuv700 by itself where car went upto 80km/hr and even after braking car crashed into a truck , owner and one passenger got some minor injuries
Mahindra XUV700 Review-77ce285af2784e698a979f82ead7ab55.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5c2d4be719164f9b94064422e512077d.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-cfa8ce96d7c2402894c5eeb89bc7bec4.jpeg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th April 2022 at 18:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 20:11   #5300
BHPian

Quote:
This is scary and horifyig; should be investigated in detail by Mahindra.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 20:15   #5301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
My question to the esteemed forum is, given a buyer who does not particularly cherish being a beta tester, does it make sense to:
  • Go ahead, buy now, and enjoy the vehicle. Mahindra is invested and committed to this vehicle, and it should be a pleasant ownership experience overall.
Also, there are very few experiences in the forum for the MX variant. If we decide to go ahead, will be more than happy to share experiences or show the vehicle to any interested members.
Reading through all your apprehensions, XUV7OO will turn out to be a bad choice for you.

Even a small/minor niggle will consume you very much and destroy your peace of mind. The car isn't worth it for you. No one can guarantee that M&M will make niggle free cars after a year or even two. And since that is not guaranteed, I don't think it's worth a buy for you. I am fairly confident that the cars currently on the street are safe and the ones that will come in the future will only get better. But that's again me thinking and I am no authority or official to go with!

So without mincing my words - continue your search for the best car for you. The one that pulls the strings of the heart and keeps the head relatively happy. All the very best for your search
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 20:46   #5302
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2296877

Attachment 2296878

]
Seems to be a fairly accident prone area irrespective of the location, heavy vehicles usually come to a stand still at such speed breakers, if one is not anticipating the trucks to be stationary it will lead to an accident. To me it seems that the owner was expecting the emergency braking to come into play but it didn't. It doesn't look like a 80k strike. May be I am wrong, anyway not a big fan of ADAS. Mahindra must look into this already.
Dark water is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 08:02   #5303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
At the same time, buying a car is not a 'necessity' right now.

• Go ahead, buy now and enjoy the vehicle. Mahindra is invested and committed to this vehicle, and it should be a pleasant ownership experience overall.
Given that buying a car is not a necessity right now, i would say you should wait.

I was in a similar boat and went ahead and bought the 700. But my expectations are rock bottom. I am happy as long as the car starts and runs every morning. But there are few niggles here and there. So far, nothing intrusive. (Touchwood).

If you are worried about the posts you highlighted in your post, then better to wait.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 08:03   #5304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
To me it seems that the owner was expecting the emergency braking to come into play but it didn't. It doesn't look like a 80k strike. May be I am wrong, anyway not a big fan of ADAS.
While driving on Hubli-Bangalore highway, I had noticed that the car sometimes doesn't brake by itself when it's behind a moving container truck while running on ACC. This was happening only when both the container and the car are moving perfectly on the middle of the lane. Car would slow down as expected when you steer even slightly to the right of the truck or when behind any other vehicles. I could notice this happening at least 3-4 times as I had set the ADAS braking time earlier than when I would brake. Looks like the rear profile of the container truck while aligned perfectly ahead of the car was somehow messing with the detection.

There were a few Tesla accidents reported where the ADAS couldn't detect certain objects like overturned truck and stationary cars. Even Mahindra's manual mentions stationary vehicles as one of the scenarios where it may not detect an obstruction.

Last edited by impala : 16th April 2022 at 08:10.
impala is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 09:20   #5305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I was in a similar boat and went ahead and bought the 700. But my expectations are rock bottom. I am happy as long as the car starts and runs every morning.
Those exactly are my expectations as well. I am unsure if M&M can integrate complex third party AI/electronics into a reasonable experience at the service center, just yet. And hence the choice for MX. But I do expect the car to start, keep driving when started, and not leak fluids when parked.

Quote:
Even a small/minor niggle will consume you very much and destroy your peace of mind.
My definition of a 'niggle' is something that's an irritant, but has no bearing on car's safety and drivability. Rust on cosmetic parts, erratic speaker volumes, small rattles, ICE screens going blank. Plenty of those reported as well, don't bother me.
But what you and others have reported, are not niggles in my book. If fuel tanks have to be replaced in the first year of ownership, it does hint at a design issue impacting vehicle safety - which should be handled with a recall.

To summarize my doubts: vehicles are complex systems, niggles are not ok, but understandable in a new platform. Lets discount them.
From what you have seen so far, is the overall XUV700 ownership experience likely to be headache free and pleasant otherwise?
dust-n-bones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 12:38   #5306
BHPian

Anyone facing issue with network connection ?

My vehicle delivered on 14th evening and since then it has not connected to network.

Last connection shows an hour before delivery on ADRENOX app.

Also on our very first trip, some biker bumped us from back when we did a slow stop ( it was not all a suden stop). The bumper broke. Now have to replace the bumper. may be i should go with steel bumper now. Attached the picture. Hope its useful for some one in deciding the bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-rear-bumper.jpeg  

telugite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 18:10   #5307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by telugite View Post
Anyone facing issue with network connection ?

My vehicle delivered on 14th evening and since then it has not connected to network.

Last connection shows an hour before delivery on ADRENOX app.

Today taken to dealer. The tech tried flashing the software from usb and from laptop. Finally said they will have to replace the silver box related to infotainment center. Any idea what it is?

I will have to test ADAS functions and AWD functions to check if they are also completely okay.
Old 16th April 2022, 22:10   #5308
BHPian

For anyone wishing to see the insides of XUV7OO AX7L speakers! No Sony branding.

Plus, he got damping in the doors and ambient lighting modifications.

fazalmirza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2022, 22:16   #5309
BHPian

Some interesting tidbit, many customers are left unimpressed with the music system in the luxury variant, some even doubting whether it's actually Sony at all. Since all the audio equipment -- components, tweeters, etc have no Sony branding on them, it's a valid doubt.

In a recent video a youtuber showed the unbranded tweeter with the part number clearly visible. A quick google search shows the audio hardware is indeed imported by Sony India. It's suffice to say, the product was good enough to match Sony's spec and is legit Sony.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220416-9.55.46-pm.png
Source

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220416-9.54.12-pm.png
[Source]

Edit: What a coincidence, just saw @fazalmirza post about this well as I was writing this. The tweeter pic above is from that video.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 16th April 2022 at 22:18.
Tanmay007 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 03:02   #5310
BHPian

@Tamnay007

Thanks for doing the research.
I'm far from an audiophile so good sounding speakers will do for me. Great to know that those are actually Sony.

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st April 2022 at 21:00. Reason: Minor typo and formatting edit.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed