Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 17:33   #5431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Mahindra XUV 700 seems to be fuel efficient compared to XUV 500, I have tried all styles of driving on my XUV 500 but FE has been between 11-12km/l in 2.5 years.
Old 30th April 2022, 17:34   #5432
BHPian

[quote=Sunfyre;5307703]Dear BHPians,

Finally, happy to share the good news of the delivery of our AX7L D AT AWD Midnight Black XUV700 (our Night Fury).

Congratulations on your new ride. Stunning pictures. Hope you keep posting your ownership experience. Happy driving!!!
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 21:27   #5433

Hi guys,

This is my 1st post here. I started reading the posts on this thread from October and now, it is part of my daily ritual. All the experiences which were shared here saved me a lot of pain.

Recently, I noticed a bug. I parked the car as usual at around 2 pm in sunlight, but when I looked at it on my way to the building, I noticed something off with the brake lights. It looked as if they were on! I told myself that it might be due to the sunlight and reflection & all, so I locked the car again just to be sure and left. At 6 pm, when the sunlight was low, it became more clear that the lights were indeed on! I rushed to the car and my biggest worry at that time was the battery because apparently, the brake lights didn't go off when I locked the car at 2 pm. The car started on the 2nd or 3rd crank and I gave a sigh of relief.

Now, here is the funny part. The brake lights again didn't turn off when I turned off the engine and locked the car. I tried pressing the brakes, tried the remote lock, checked the handbrake, but nothing worked. Then I remembered that on that day, I had accidently hit the auto headlight switch and pushed it to its upmost setting and then quickly went back to switching it off and then setting them to auto (while the brake pedal was pressed). So I enabled the auto headlights, made sure that the car detected the sunlight and turned off the headlights and then finally brake lights went off!
Mahindra XUV700 Review-2pm.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-different-view.jpg

Because of this incident, me and my wife look at the brake lights when we leave the car parked

Also, recently I saw a fuel log of a diesel AT on Facebook. I have shared it along with my Petrol AT fuel log just for comparison. Not sure how the diesel AT variant was driven, but I have driven mostly within Mumbai in moderate to heavy traffic.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-diesel-.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-petrol-.png

Keeping this incident aside, everything else is
Mahindra XUV700 Review-choti-bahu.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-turned-off.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2022 at 18:34. Reason: Typos, grammar; images inserted
iPratik519 is offline   (17) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 1st May 2022, 00:01   #5434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_drive View Post
Though it also needs a lot of time to read through the user manual, it is important to read through that because it talks a lot about when things won’t work.
Congratulations on your new ride!

You have rightly said that the user manual must be read and it is not just for this car but for any car a user owns. However, generally people don't do that and take the easy path of copying from others by watching videos online and imitating the actions of those videos. Many of those people posting online have never made efforts to go systematically through the manual and understand the systems functioning properly but taken easy route of making guesses or learning system by trial and error, including sometimes making absolutely wrong blind guesses while describing systems or components. For example, one person tests ADAS in moderate fog - a scenario repeatedly called out as a warning or caution in the manual. In my opinion, such acts penetrate misinformation and increases risks by carelessly wrongly influencing people. There are countless such incidences online.

Mahindra does have a channel for this car on Youtube but the contents are hardly useful. Mahindra had already been proposed to create contents on this channel describing all the tech of the car to user so that user learn the right contents from right people and would save them the task they dislike - reading through user manual carefully. Which, in turn, will help save many accidents and lives.

In the manual, Mahindra has clearly described functioning, applicability, limitations, risks and warnings of all the systems well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_drive View Post
I really wanted petrol but AWD offering made me change my decision to diesel
I too wanted AWD in petrol. I wrote to Mahindra for introducing this variant as well. Hope they come up with it sometime soon. They already have 23 variants for this car, introducing the 24th or 25th won't be that much pressing for them. Hopefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
Looking forward to more motoring adventures with our Night Fury.
Congrats for the ride and I am sure you will have wonderful time with it!

What an eventful delivery experience you had! Well narrated story which kept me hooked up!

Cheers!
waypoint is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 08:20   #5435
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPratik519 View Post
Hi guys,
Then I remembered that on that day, I had accidently hit the auto headlight switch and pushed it to its upmost setting and then quickly went back to making it off and then setting them to auto (while break pedal was pressed).
So ? once the pedal is released by your foot, the brake light should go off, doesn't matter if headlights are in auto or not. Some simple priority coding gone wrong I think, since handbrake is never supposed to light up the brake lights.

Oh my god, the kind of issues that are getting reported by owners - most of them real simple ones. Which prompts us to question whether the 'scenario testing' done by M&M has been very poor on this product. With so much electronics, owners are needlessly given a heartburn every now and then.

I am a big fan of the giant leap M&M took, w.r.t this car - the structural rigidity, the suspension design, the engine tunes, the underlying theme of "an indian customer is no lesser than the global customer, and deserves the best" which comes through when experiencing the car.

But alas, whilst niggles and issues are expected in the first 12-18 months in a grounds-up-new product, the sheer basic nature of bugs is scary. Very scary.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 12:33   #5436
BHPian

More queries on 7OO:

1. Screen Lamination/ Film on center console. Have seen some Youtubers using a transparent film on top of the center console. Any idea on how this can be procured ?
2. Mine is AX5. Hence, there are few more problems like there is no pocket/ net on backside of front row seats. These are very important to put your small items like phone, car freshener, tissues, etc. Any aftermarket solution for that ? Though there are few options on amazon and other sites. But, those are small nets which can only store a cellphone. That's it !!

Any pointer on above solutions/ potential solutions ?

Thanks in advance.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 12:57   #5437
BHPian

Today marks 1 month of owning the XUV700 AWD L . ODO reading: 5500 KMS.

The TBHP sticker was awarded to the vehicle as soon the car reached the garage. The car deserves it!

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220501-11.21.57-am.jpeg

While a lot has already been written about the car in this forum, writing up a few not-so-obvious observations made during this ownership.

1. It looks like some power is consistently sent to the rear wheels even when the car is cruising at 100KMPH on tarmac at expressways and AWD lock is not engaged.

2. Tank re-fill method indicates an avg. fuel economy of 13.5 . For me this has been consistent and is independent of:
a. Whether the car is being driven on plain or on hills
b. Zip mode or Zap mode.

3. Its unpredictable which pot hole the car won’t like and will make a thud sound. Most of the times it just glide over the deepest pothole while some times it make you regret going over the speed breaker at speed > 10 KMPH

4. The music system is just ok and sounds like any other entertainment system in a car of this range. The subwoofer sits there only to support the other 11 speakers with low frequency and setting the subwoofer level to min or max won’t make much difference.

5. The android auto overlaps almost everything of the OE UI . One will have to go through a series of steps to perform some basic CTA such as :
a. Setting the temperature from HVAC, as the climate control settings are overlapped and you wont be able to see the temperature being set
b. The track being played from other source like USB ,Alexa can’t be seen anywhere unless you go to the music app which means exiting from AA screen.

6. The sliding arm-rest eats up one of the cup holder

7. No light in the boot is something which will irritate you on a daily basis as most of the journeys end in the dark. Hanging a torch was not as convenient as the boot light would have been.

8. I always thought manual dimming of IRVM won’t be of much hassle, but it is. The glare from the high beamers coming from behind almost blind you even before you reach to the manual switch to cut it off.

9. A 12V socket is missed in the front and middle row. The USB of capacity >32 GB and the AA can only be connected to the one specific port in the front. This leaves very limited charging ports in a car which has a seating capacity of 7 and each has their own charging demands.

10. The car crawls the steep climbs like a beast. I vividly remember struggling with EcoSport at these climbs.

11. An RPM of < 2k is maintained even at speeds ~ 120 KMPH. Overtaking others at this speed is just a slight push of the A paddle. This gives us confidence of cruising at > 150 in future when the infra and legal allows us for the same !
D_Security_Guy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 14:47   #5438

Finally, after waiting for 9months, contemplating of cancelling my booking for Ax7D AT AWD black and going for dark edition safari. I made my booking at Industrial and farm equipments, Guwahati on 17th August, 2months prior to official bookings started. However, my dealer couldn't do the booking on 7th and finally made the booking on 8th October morning. According to them, mine was the 2nd booking among the lot which they have done on both these 2 days. However, to my utter disappointment many AWD's has been delivered before me till now. My dealer then directed me to contact Mr.Abhishek Kumar who is the point person regarding the delivery, however after multiple calls and messages his reply was vague and inconvincing. Now my delivery date was shown to be around October 2022. I am at a loss to understand the algorithm according to which Mahindra allots the car to prospective buyers.

On the other hand, I have been meaning to sell my ecosport signature edition before taking delivery of my xuv but the delays are causing further price depreciation. I would like advice from my esteemed teambhp members whether to wait for xuv or go ahead with safari booking.

On a side note, the dealership has been extremely helpful and trying their best but there is so little they can do when mahindra is not even billing the vehicle. Most likely, with a heavy heart i have to abandon my desire of owning the XUV700.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 17:56   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
Finally, after waiting for 9months, contemplating of cancelling my booking for Ax7D AT AWD black. Most likely, with a heavy heart i have to abandon my desire of owning the XUV700.
Be patient my friend, no vehicle comes close to your variant. Short term pain should not deter you from getting a superb vehicle. You are very close to your emotions changing the other way.

I am on the same boat, having booked AX5 Diesel AT very first day. Safari indeed is good looking and handles well, but the careless attitude in showroom and poor reviews on service centers put me off. Mahindra seems to be addressing issues promptly.

I went through the same for Thar and was on the verge of canceling my booking. Now I do not recall the frustration of waiting even once, when I am behind the wheels. It was all worth it!
Mogs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 21:40   #5440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
Now my delivery date was shown to be around October 2022.

Most likely, with a heavy heart i have to abandon my desire of owning the XUV700.
You've already waited this long so what's a couple of months more. I booked the AX7LD on first day but still got delivery estimate of June. But from what I have observed almost every one who had a June estimate got their dates preponed by a month or two, including me. There is a very good chance you will get your AWD by July, just hold on.

On the upside, the later the delivery, the more time it gives Mahindra to fix initial niggles, you'll be getting a more sorted vehicle than the initial lot.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 23:00   #5441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
You've already waited this long so what's a couple of months more. I booked the AX7LD on first day but still got delivery estimate of June. But from what I have observed almost every one who had a June estimate got their dates preponed by a month or two, including me. There is a very good chance you will get your AWD by July, just hold on.

On the upside, the later the delivery, the more time it gives Mahindra to fix initial niggles, you'll be getting a more sorted vehicle than the initial lot.
I might wait till june, however my patience is now wearing thin. If i do get the vehicle, hoping to get a niggle free one. Thanks for the words of encouragement
Sabertooth32 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 23:05   #5442
BHPian

Just completed 2 months & 2000 Kms with my AX7 P AT. Sharing some of my experience

1. Did not face any niggles till now. (Touchwood)
2. Android auto works seamlessly. But navigating to the home screen from the AA screen is not convenient.
3. I am getting a MID fuel efficiency of 8 Km/L in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic & 12 - 13 Kmpl on highways.
4. The car has decent road presence, people usually give way to the car, making the drive much easier.
5. Driving in city is very easy, only time you notice the huge size is when you need to take U - turns of park your vehicle.
6. Drove through a few flooded roads today without breaking a sweat. GC is good enough for these frequent city flooding we experience after heavy downpour.
7. Panoramic sunroof is a boon, I open the curtain whenever it is not sunny. The back seat passengers really enjoy it. My 2.5 yr old son is much less cranky with the curtain open.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220501-10.42.40-pm.jpeg
The sunroof curtain was open while we were stuck in a bumper to bumper traffic. Second row passengers were blissfully unaffected by the irritating jam.
8. Suspension remains a mystery, some large bumps are gobbled up but tiny bumps filter through sometimes. It is almost impossible to predict.
9. The car holds gears till 2100 RPM, which is not really required in city. Even the manual mode does not let you upshift before 2000 RPM! Drive modes with early upshift can help the city fuel efficiency.
10. Absolutely in love with the car. Eager to plan some long road trips in the next couple of months
nickelniks is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 23:16   #5443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
Be patient my friend, no vehicle comes close to your variant. Short term pain should not deter you from getting a superb vehicle. You are very close to your emotions changing the other way.

I am on the same boat, having booked AX5 Diesel AT very first day. Safari indeed is good looking and handles well, but the careless attitude in showroom and poor reviews on service centers put me off. Mahindra seems to be addressing issues promptly.
Thanks for the reply.
I am trying to be patient but at the same time waiting for 9 months is simply frustrating. For now i am listening to my heart over head. But don't know for how long.
In my case, the tata showroom guys are very friendly and i personally know a few guys there. I have enquired about many niggles safari owners are facing. They are pretty confident about their after sales service. They have assured me that many niggles reported by the owners are minor and company will proactively take care of anything and everything. They were asking to take the extended warranty and the amc for added peace of mind.
Let's hope by june i get to ride home the xuv.
Sabertooth32 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 23:51   #5444
BHPian

Dear bhpians

What is the Petrol top end waiting period in Bangalore? Is the petrol more fun to drive as compared to the diesel? (I assume so)
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:41   #5445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Dear bhpians

What is the Petrol top end waiting period in Bangalore? Is the petrol more fun to drive as compared to the diesel? (I assume so)
I booked the AX7L P AT on April 20th. I have got a delivery date of Feb-March 2024. Yes, not a typo.

But am hearing with more than enough confidence from the dealer that the waiting time for P should be less than half of what's on the Mahindra track your booking website.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks