Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
9,758,286 views Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 16:35   #5671
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mumbai,India
Posts: 26
Thanked: 23 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Took a test drive of the XUV7OO last weekend and here are my impressions:

5. It's time they stop new bookings and service the existing bookings first. "Saar, delivery time is 1.5 years" , is not something you want to hear. This is like the eighties !!!
1.5 years is an understatement....I booked mine last month and my "estimated delivery date of XUV700 is between 27th Feb and 28th March,2024"
rambomumbai is offline  
Old 1st June 2022, 17:39   #5672
sbm
BHPian
 
sbm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bokaro
Posts: 318
Thanked: 356 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Well, I have been given a delivery date of March 23 for AX5 D MT. Seem like the algorithm is just giving extended delivery dates to be on safe side but actual deliveries will be much earlier.
sbm is offline  
Old 1st June 2022, 22:43   #5673
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Noida
Posts: 58
Thanked: 333 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambomumbai View Post
1.5 years is an understatement....I booked mine last month and my "estimated delivery date of XUV700 is between 27th Feb and 28th March,2024"
In a few months the SA will say that to book your car and your Grandson/grand daughter will take the delivery

We booked it at the 1st day and got our car delivered 3 months before the timeline (Waited 8 months ). Right now the algorithm is just randomly selecting people for delivery

We can just be optimistic for the delivery because right now nothing comes close to the XUV700 in terms of the package it offers .
Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 23:09   #5674
BHPian
 
Tanmay007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 1,201 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
General query:

A friend has installed Infinity Basslink mini underseat sub in his XUV700 and he says the SW is on even if he switches off the engine and remove the key. Is is how it works? Will the battery not drain?
If the sub is directly taking power from battery then even in standby mode it will draw a bit of current. But the draw likely won't be enough to drain the battery that fast. The correct way to install is to a free fuse thats powers only on ignition on, but that requires a bit of work getting through to the fusebox and figuring out the correct fuse to tap into.

As it is due to the connected car features, XUV700 is known to suffer from battery drain issues. I'd avoid any accessory that continues to draws power after engine off.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 00:13   #5675
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 106
Thanked: 137 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

AdrenoX maintenance happening until 6.30 am, June 2nd.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-72289f6e831241feb4f367252f690b78.png  

Enthusiast81 is offline  
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:59   #5676
BHPian
 
Gaddibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 112 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
In a few months the SA will say that to book your car and your Grandson/grand daughter will take the delivery

We booked it at the 1st day and got our car delivered 3 months before the timeline (Waited 8 months ). Right now the algorithm is just randomly selecting people for delivery

We can just be optimistic for the delivery because right now nothing comes close to the XUV700 in terms of the package it offers .
By the time Grandkids take delivery, there may not be any fuel (petrol/diesel) left to drive the car.

There could be a lot of variables in selecting the deliveries such as :

1.Colour
2.Variant
3.City
4.Booking order
5.Cancellations
6.Dealer

But then people getting delivery in 3 days due to their influence and vloggers getting it fairly quickly raise lot of doubts on this algorithm based delivery.

I received the car 3 months in advance.But it was 7 months wait even after booking on very first day itself.
Gaddibuddy is offline  
Old 2nd June 2022, 20:50   #5677
BHPian
 
Tanmay007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 324
Thanked: 1,201 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Finally some update on CarPlay. Now the estimated date is 10th August. Hope they deliver this time.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220602-8.48.09-pm.png

[via - Facebook]
Tanmay007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 23:28   #5678
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Nashik
Posts: 11
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
By the time Grandkids take delivery, there may not be any fuel (petrol/diesel) left to drive the car.

There could be a lot of variables in selecting the deliveries such as :

1.Colour
2.Variant
3.City
4.Booking order
5.Cancellations
6.Dealer

But then people getting delivery in 3 days due to their influence and vloggers getting it fairly quickly raise lot of doubts on this algorithm based delivery.

I received the car 3 months in advance.But it was 7 months wait even after booking on very first day itself.
I did the booking on 8th (with price protection), and my expected delivery date is Aug 22. Model - AX7 L D AT AWD. It's disappointing to be honest. Though only consolation is that I am expecting a lot of bugs and defects being rectified by now.
I am concerned for the suspension noise too! Especially after one of the Vloggers sold it off for the very same reason.

Another thing I would like to hear, from those who bought or booked it in Everest White, is that I did not make a mistake.
My reason was simple, the midnight black XUV700 in display had so many finger prints on it. Made me realise how difficult it would be to maintain. Even though I really loved that colour option.
rayXR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 00:31   #5679
BHPian
 
Gaddibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 112 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
I did the booking on 8th (with price protection), and my expected delivery date is Aug 22. Model - AX7 L D AT AWD. It's disappointing to be honest. Though only consolation is that I am expecting a lot of bugs and defects being rectified by now.
I am concerned for the suspension noise too! Especially after one of the Vloggers sold it off for the very same reason.

Another thing I would like to hear, from those who bought or booked it in Everest White, is that I did not make a mistake.
My reason was simple, the midnight black XUV700 in display had so many finger prints on it. Made me realise how difficult it would be to maintain. Even though I really loved that colour option.
My delivery was also Aug 22, but all of a sudden got the vehicle within a week from nowhere. It is good that you will get a vehicle with lesser issues. During my 1st service they checked for all the common issues for recall, which indicates that there are multiple issues getting reported.

Frankly speaking, I am used to the thud noise in my Ecosport, so it doesn't bother me much. I am not a refinement freak or perfectionist like the vlogger who sold it. And in my view we should take their opinion with a grain of salt since they get their views due to clickbaits and sensationalism. Who in his right frame of mind takes a new car (not thar, but car) to brutal terrains and then cries about the noise and damage which is inevitable based on rough usage. You want to buy a new car, it is absolutely fine. But don't demean a worthy Indian product when your dad still owns a 15 year old Tata Indica.

In my opinion, Everest white colour does justice to this car in highlighting its sheer size. It eclipses Fortuner (or endeavour) standing side by side in terms of macho appeal (pic attached).

White is evergreen colour and low on maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700.jpeg  


Last edited by Axe77 : 5th June 2022 at 04:45. Reason: Minor typo and some formatting / spacing edits.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 07:38   #5680
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 281
Thanked: 1,960 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
My delivery was also Aug22 ,but all of sudden got the vehicle within a week from nowhere.It is good that you will get a vehicle with lesser issues.During my 1st service they checked for all the common issues for recall, which indicates that there are multiple issues getting reported.
Hi. Congratulations on your XUV. Is your car the MX variant? Assuming the same to be true, I have a question for you (and any other MX owner reading this post). How would you rate the headlight performance of the Halogen reflectors in night? The AX variants get excellent lighting setup (with Booster lamps and what not). Is the High Beam of the MX sufficient for reasonable fast night time highway cruising (80-100kmph)? If possible, could you attach some pictures demonstrating the throw of the headlights in dark conditions?

Any inputs on the above would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
sierrabravo98 is offline  
Old 3rd June 2022, 08:42   #5681
BHPian
 
Gaddibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 112 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
Hi. Congratulations on your XUV. Is your car the MX variant? Assuming the same to be true, I have a question for you (and any other MX owner reading this post). How would you rate the headlight performance of the Halogen reflectors in night? The AX variants get excellent lighting setup (with Booster lamps and what not). Is the High Beam of the MX sufficient for reasonable fast night time highway cruising (80-100kmph)? If possible, could you attach some pictures demonstrating the throw of the headlights in dark conditions?

Any inputs on the above would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi,that is right.Mine is MX variant.Headlight performance is just adequate,nothing to boast about.Please check this photo I clicked in the evening.i will try to click photos in pitch dark to provide better idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220603wa0003.jpg  

Gaddibuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:37   #5682
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 211 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Another thing I would like to hear, from those who bought or booked it in Everest White, is that I did not make a mistake.
My reason was simple, the midnight black XUV700 in display had so many finger prints on it. Made me realise how difficult it would be to maintain. Even though I really loved that colour option.
My previous acquisition was the w10 AT in Black which was a heart over mind decision! Always wanted a black car, and so took the plunge. After the first 3 years realised, too difficult to maintain it. I kept it in pristine condition, but still could not avoid the little nicks, and rock chips that bruised the car with white spots showing up! This was the bare metal showing! When getting the 7OO, I wanted (everyone in the family too) wanted the Midnight Black, but this time went with mind over heart! Got the white and very happy with it! Looks clean and vibrant all the time even with a little dust gathering on it! Definitely I think the car looks bigger in white for whatever reason! While its early days, I think it will be easier to maintain!

So just enjoy the car, and can tell from experience now that, once you start driving the car, you will not bother which colour it is!

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:52   #5683
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Nashik
Posts: 11
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Thank you @vashanis and @Gaddibuddy
I am new to this platform, and I love it already. Its quite satisfying to be able to interact with other owners with so much ease. And I must say you guys are doing an amazing job. I was very sceptical of my decision of going with Everest white, but not anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
Frankly speaking I am used to the thud noise in my Ecosport, so it doesn't bother me much.I am not refinement freak or perfectionist like the vlogger who sold it.
Does that mean the noise is present even in the latest batch of vehicles?
I am not one planning to take it out on rough terrains or extreme off-roading. Nor m I a refinement freak. Though I do care about comfort, and I don't know the magnitude of the 'noise' which is being talked about every now and then. I have a VW Ameo, which does make noise sometimes while driving over bumps. Is it the same thing we are talking about? or is there some kind of noise present all the time?

And could you tell me what is the month of Manufacture of your vehicle?

Thanks in advance.
rayXR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:12   #5684
BHPian
 
Gaddibuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 112 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Thank you @vashanis and @Gaddibuddy
I am new to this platform, and I love it already. Its quite satisfying to be able to interact with other owners with so much ease. And I must say you guys are doing an amazing job. I was very sceptical of my decision of going with Everest white, but not anymore.



Does that mean the noise is present even in the latest batch of vehicles?
I am not one planning to take it out on rough terrains or extreme off-roading. Nor m I a refinement freak. Though I do care about comfort, and I don't know the magnitude of the 'noise' which is being talked about every now and then. I have a VW Ameo, which does make noise sometimes while driving over bumps. Is it the same thing we are talking about? or is there some kind of noise present all the time?

And could you tell me what is the month of Manufacture of your vehicle?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Rayxr,Welcome.

I am also new to this community as a member,but following the discussions for past decade.It is an ocean of knowledge and inspiration.It makes you travel enthusiast just by reading the experiences of the members.I got inspired and did a road trip from Bangalore to Delhi 2 years back.

Coming back to XUV700,the noise is there,but not something that is unsettling.I drive 99% with music on,so hardly hear any noise most of the times.I did 3 highway trips till now and took it to village roads but no issues so far in comfort.Suspension is on harder side for mitigating the body roll.

My car is March 2022 manufactured and dispatched from pune plant in last week of April.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:17   #5685
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 210
Thanked: 1,125 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

So, completed my first solo driving trip today. Drove from Bangalore to Coimbatore (~400 KMs) today.

Before the trip, I was driving around in Bangalore for a couple of days. While it was easy to drive the vehicle in traffic, the large dimensions, and turning circle make it a nightmare to maneuver in tight spaces, and parking lot. The vehicle felt a little out of place in the tight urban setting, akin to Rafael Nadal being forced to play center forward for Manchester United.

However, on the highway, the car comes into its element, like the famous South paw on Roland Garros. I did the entire trip in normal mode, and kept my speed at, or below, 100 KMPH.

The steering weighs up nicely, and the vehicle hugs the contours of the road nicely - and this on the stock tyres. The engine and the gear box synapse with your mind, and the vehicle feels like an extension of your body; you just have to think, and the vehicle responds - exactly how you wanted it to.

The vehicle's power and torque figures are in X3's calibre, and now I know what it feels like to have power always on tap. Paradoxically, it made me a rather sedate driver; I did not have to worry about keeping the engine on the boil all the time. I felt so relaxed, that if anyone cut in on me, I let them to, knowing full well that I'll show them a clean pair on heels within 1 more minute.

The gearing, and shove that's there between 1800 - 2300 RPM is so addictive. In one instance, a Creta, which I suspect was doing 130 KMPH, and I were stuck behind trucks hogging both the lanes of the road. Once we were clear of them, I literally left him for dead with the strong surge from the engine, aided by quick shifts. I still can't forget the look on his face, until he overtook me @ 100 KMPH.

Overall my AX5, D MT returned an average of 15 KMPL. No other car has made me smile in such a way in the highways after my 2010 Figo TDCI. I'm really proud of what Mahindra have pulled off with the XUV700 at this price point. It is truly the work of genius.
buzzy_boy is offline   (11) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks